The Fire Within

By MC21_12

Book 1: Fire and Ice series. Twins Marina and Lukas Sloane, where taken from their father and brothers at a... More

Character list.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Marinas new aethetic
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New book
Update.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chater 25
Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Book 2:
Heart of ice Update: Release date.

Chapter 11

5.9K 129 28
By MC21_12

'No one tells me what to do. Absolutely no one...'

Reaching my room I open the door. All I want to do is relax. Today has been nothing short of exhausting.

Entering I see are three of my brothers sitting in my room. Lukas and Aurelio are sat on my bed while Lorenzo is sat on the chair from my desk.

"Get out." I say to them. Not in the mood to interact with anyone. "We are worried about you. Please just talk to us." Aurelio says getting off the bed.

"I don't want to talk to any of you." Crossing my arms. "Please we are so sorry for what went down that night. I'm so sorry." Lukas pipes up.

"I really don't care. Now get out." I say starting to get annoyed. "Please you are my twin sister, we have always been there for each other, just talk to us or talk to me. I miss you." It's true I did miss Lukas and the relationship we had. I've never seen him so desperate before.

But I am too hurt to even think straight and all they are doing now is pissing me off more than I already am.

"The moment you sided with them and told me to leave, was the moment you ruined our relationship." I spit out to Lukas.

"Not to mention the fact that none of you ever made an effort to call or text me once." Now directing me attention to the others in my room.

"So no Lukas, I won't talk to you, I can barley tolerate being in the same house as any of you." They all look sad and shocked by my reaction.

But I'm not sure what they expected. They sent me away. They made the choice to not talk to me, they left me alone.

"Get out." I say again. "No. You still have to explain the black eye. I am not leaving with out an explanation or I'm telling dad." Aurelio says.

The audacity of this Bitch.

This catches Lorenzo's attention. "What black eye?" He says confused.

"We came in here earlier to get her for dinner and she had a black eye. She is just wearing make-up to cover it up." Lukas explains to Lorenzo.

"Marina explain yourself right now." Lorenzo stands up from the chair. He uses his 'I'm in charge voice'. Yeah...I still don't give a fuck.

"I don't have to tell you anything, but if it means you will all get the fuck out, then I'll tell you."
I say dryly to them.

"We will leave if you tell us. Did someone hurt you? You can tell us you don't have to be scared." Lukas says.

I scoff at this. I'm not the same scared little girl that left a year and a half ago.

"Some girl was talking shit, so I put her in her place. She just happened to get one good hit in...before I broke her nose." I say bored.

"No way! You hate violence and swearing because of mo-" he cuts himself off. I guess he hasn't told them about what our mother did to us. "Why are you acting like this?!"

"I'm not acting, I've just changed. Deal with it. Now I won't tell you again. Get. Out." With this all the boys leave my room saying no more.

Marco's Pov:

When Marina left my office I went and poured myself a glass of whisky. I can see having her back is not going to be easy.

She wouldn't even call me dad, she called me Marco. I really fuck up.

"She changed." Nico says standing near the desk. "That she has. But she is still Marina she is just hurt by our behaviour as of late. She needs time to get comfortable with us again. It may take time but we will all make it up to her." I say eyeing Dante.

"Don't think I have forgotten boy. You didn't apologise. You will or you'll be sorry." I say using my mafia voice so he knows that I am not playing around.

"Yes dad." Dante says to me. "Good, you may go get ready for bed. Both of you." As both of the boys exit the room I stay finishing my glass.

*The next morning*

Marina's pov:

Last night was...well something to say the least. After the boys finally left me alone. I may have drank the rest of the bottle of tequila and then drunkenly called Hayley and told her everything that went down.

I found out that they come home tomorrow and I can't be more excited. I just have to get through today with my so called 'family' and then I can spend tomorrow with Hayley and Andrew.

Getting out of the bed, very hungover may I add. I take a shower and get ready for the day. By now it's about 9:30am and I am absolutely starving.

Before leaving my room I look at my outfit in the mirror, I decided to dress casual a tank top and Jeans because I'm too hungover to really care.

Marinas outfit:

I pair my outfit with my white airforces. Doing simple makeup, lipgloss, eyeliner and mascara and I leave my room.

Not forgetting my nice pair of sunglasses to shield me from the glares and sad looks of my family.

Going through the doors to the kitchen, I didn't notice those brothers of mine sitting at the table behind me as I search for painkillers as I eat a small pancake I took from a plate on the counter.

"What the FUCK are those?!" Lukas yells finally drawing my attention to my brother who are all staring at me with eyes of fury.

I was confused until I noticed they where staring at my tattoos. "What? They are just tattoos." I say rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll your fucking eyes at us. I have had enough of your attitude and you are too young to even be able to get a tattoo. Where did you get them? You shouldn't have them you are too little." Romeo looks beyond pissed.

They all do except Aurelio who looked amused. Even Dante looked pissed but then again he usually looks like he has a stick up his ass.

"I know people." Was all I said, shrugging my shoulders before finding the painkillers and taking two. "Are you okay?" "Are you hurt?" "What's wrong?" They are all now standing wondering why I took the pills, forgetting about the fact that they all just discovered my tattoos.

"Headache." I say. Which was true, I just didn't tell them why I have the headache. "Okay." They don't look fully convinced that I'm telling them the full truth.

I leave the kitchen with Aurelio following close behind me. "I've had enough hangovers to know when someone has one. And you my dear little sister look horrible." He say giving me a smirk.

"Jee thanks." I grumble to him. "The question is what did you have and how did my oh so sweet baby sister get it?" He says with the smirk growing even bigger.

"Why are all of you so nosey? Can't you people just mind your own business and stop annoying me?" I say annoyed.

"No can do, now you can either tell me or I'll tell the rest and that won't go down well."

Well fuck...

What are they gonna do?

Sent me away? lol

"Fine. When you guys left yesterday I drank a bottle of tequila. Happy?" I say giving him the side eye, still making my way to my room.

"You drank a whole bottle of tequila?!" Aurelio says looking concerned but also impressed?

"It was like 3/4 of it, I had the other 1/4 before dinner, ya know so I could tolerate all the bullshit that was 'family dinner'." I say making sure he gets the point.

"Well okay then...where did you get it though?"
"None of your business."
"Oh come on. Just tell me."
"Nope." I say popping off the 'p'.

"Fine. I'll let you off this time because I'm the cool brother and your favourite."

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever."

"Seriously though. I'll keep annoying you because I love you and I'm going to do everything I can the be a good brother to you now."

I don't answer him as I walk into my room. He is right about one thing. He is by far my favourite brother not that any of them are scoring much points with me.

The only reason he is my favourite is because he isn't treating me like the little girl I was when I left here.

The rest of the day was uneventful then dinner rolled around...

"When I say dinner is at 6, it mean you have to be here at 6. Not when ever you decide you want to show up Marina." My father says irritated. He has been out since this morning dealing with a 'work emergency.'

I give him a look but I don't answer him and just take my seat. Everyone returns to their conversations when our father interrupts again.

"Marina, you are to go out shopping tomorrow with your brothers to prepare for school and to get some other things. Please be ready to leave after breakfast."

"Can't. Have plans already." Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy or something.

"How do you have plans you been back for like about 24 hours and you haven't even left the house." Lukas says

"What plans?" Lorenzo pipes up.

"With who?" Romeo says calmly but I can tell he is getting annoyed with my attitude.

"None of your business."

Ok I'll be the first to admit that may have been the wrong thing to say.

Yeah I was right that did it for them. They all look like they are ready to rip my head off.

RIP to me.
Maybe my plan was a bad idea.
No stay strong.
But-

"THATS IT! I'm done with this attitude of yours! I know you need time to settle back in to this family and you are angry with us but you will not treat us like this. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" My father roars across the table.

Well damn.
Told you...RIP at least I'll be a pretty corpse.
No I'm not taking this.

"No. How I act towards you people is how you deserve to be treated. You are not my family merely people I share DNA with. You don't deserve the right for me to call you dad. You knew me for what less than a month before you shipped me away by myself." Turning my attention to the rest of my family.

"You all deserve what you are getting from me. Not once did any of you try to reach out to me, to see how I was doing." Now Turing my attention to Lukas.

"Lukas, you hurt me the most, I thought you would at least believe me, you grew up with me, we protected each other. We were all each other had in this world but the moment we get sent here you changed. And for that I hate you the most. None of you have the right to call me sister."

Finishing my out burst I sit back in my chair, not daring to look at the faces of the people who I'm supposed to love the most in this world. I do love them but my heart hurts too much and this anger with in me is too great.

"It's going to take time bambina. What we did to you is unforgivable we know, but please give us a chance to make it up to you. Give us a chance to be a family." Nico say with tears threatening to fall.

"We love you so so much never question that, ever. But Nico is right, we would like a chance to be a family. Please give us that chance." Romeo says. Studying his features I can tell he is being genuine.

Looking around the rest of the table I can see everyone has the same genuine look on their faces. Well that is apart from Dante.

"I may consider giving you guys a chance." They all look at me with hope in their eyes.

"But...I want to know what is up Dante's ass first. What the hell is your problem with me? Why did you get me sent away? And don't bullshit me." I snarl at him.

He takes a moment to think and look around the table. Each member are giving him the same look that says 'don't you dare mess this up.' Deciding on what he is going to say I see a smirk come to life on his face.

"Because I didn't want you here." He says smugly. I shrug my shoulders acting as if it doesn't bother me, I answer.

"Okay if that's how you want to play it. I'm not giving any chances to anyone until he comes clean. It's up to him now." I say addressing the whole table.

"What the fuck dude! Just tell us. Tell her! Don't ruin this for us!" The family look angry with Dante as they should.

I want the truth and they are desperate to fix our relationship. If they can't make him talk then they don't a chance to make things right so I have a feeling they will make him talk one way or another.

Now I just have to sit back and let the fun begin...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
139K 3.2K 57
~~ "Torturami ogni giorno, ma ferisci chi amo, pagherai." ~~ {} Rayver Cruise is not your cliché male character. He's not strong, he's not rich, h...
529K 11K 44
The D'Martini family especially D'Martini brothers are feared and respected by everyone across New York City. But what all of them don't know is the...
137K 3K 47
Fiery from the damage her so called family caused... She needs too escape but how? Lena's foster family ends up dead ending her abuse only too be thr...