The Sensible One (boyxboy) ✓

By BigNeptune

Max doesn't do ''flings'', he doesn't do messy and he doesn't like drama. He likes his guests to use coasters... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter Thirty Five

16.8K 1K 84
By BigNeptune

It took him about a maximum of twenty minutes of being unconscious before I felt him wake up beside me. Anxiety kept my stomach clenched, and seeing his eyelids flicker was such a relief it drew an audible exhale from me.

He blinked twice, looked at me, his lips grew thin, he stared straight ahead, pulling lightly at each silver restraint.

I didn't say anything. Perhaps because he didn't say anything either.

I was was still uncomfortable, this prickling heat caused my fingers to inch near his skin but I kep my back bowed a little as I tried to keep a certain distance between us. Not only was it completely indecent but that kind of strange need, building up like a fire in my blood, was enough to leave me feeling a little red in the face.

Our kidnappers sitting calm in front of us, relaxing against the door and the walls of the expensive padded van, glanced in our direction occasionally, with lingering gazes that seemed a little displaced.

"Do you humans always smell that good?" Markus murmured to Kasius.

Kasius didn't reply but didn't take his eyes off of us.

I'm not sure how but I felt Lowell's quiet, deadly annoyance spike. As if it spilled out into the air around him and made the hair on my forearms stand on end. I swallowed and extended my back a little better, wiping the sweat off my forehead with the cuff of my shirt. 

My posture crumpled again as we turned around a curve and I swayed further toward Lowell, my hand brushing against his ear as I pulled back. My eyes drifting over him in an all encompassing glance, his muscles were flexing at the chains without loudly pulling, his eyes now clearly fixed shut, eyebrows only slightly pointed toward his nose. 

He smelled delicious. If I were any weaker I would have given in, leaned down and wrapped my arms around him, inhaled all I could and bury my face in his neck.

If I could kiss his lips, I'd probably feel better.

I exhaled and turned my head away, stretching out my neck unconsciously, feeling as much bound as he was.

"How old are you?" Kasius demanded suddenly.

I didn't answer.

He laughed, nudged his friend and looked at me with a certain incredulity. "You know if I wanted to I could snap your neck right now, drag you out the moving car and let you end up where you end up? You get that right?"

I cold chill ran through me. I pursed my lips. "Well don't you have such a way with words..."

He blinked at me, then laughed, looking back and forth between Markus and me. A small bump in the road causing us all to rock sideways for a moment.

"Daring little bitch..." He got up and started walking toward me, looking me up and down. "You dress like you're forty, but you look like you're twenty, then you go and talk like you're eighty."

I felt all the warning signals of someone his size approaching me with that weird half smile, eyes fixed on me, but I didn't move, stayed still and didn't blink. "I'm thirty."

He hummed, leaning down and crouching in front of me.

"How is it you know him? You must have known he was a werewolf or you'd have screamed and passed out by now."

I rolled my eyes, but uncomfortable as I was even looking at the man with too much neck muscle in proportion to his head and short cropped black hair, I continued looking in Lowell's direction, noticing the slight flex of his shoulders as he continued to slowly pull at the chains. Was he doing anything? They were chains after all, it wasn't like you could just break them in two, I'd given it a good enough go.

"I'm not a five year old girl." I promised him. "I can handle it."

"Maybe not five," He mocked. "But you definitely got some fairy vibes... even if you got an attitude problem-" He was reaching out as he spoke, to touch my face again.

I don't know what vibe I was giving off that he felt like touching me all the time, I'd never met this guy before, who touches someone like that? Only even as I moved further back against the divider of the van, my body thumping against the metal divisor, he still put his hand on my face.

I tried to slap his hands away again, disgusted, my skin crawling, itchy with need to pull away. "Get off-"

He was smiling as he moved his hand around my neck and grabbed it, pulling me forward by the back of my neck and using another meaty hand to push my head back, extending it. My words were stifled with a strangled gasp.

I kicked him and nearly sprained my foot and he didn't move, nevertheless I didn't stop.

But in the split second he peered closely at my neck, as if looking for something, there was a massive grating noise, metal screeching and a massive bang, then another, all compounded with a low pissed off growl as Lowell appeared to rip part of the bed of the truck off the floor, the chains in all their impossible strength not breaking once, but the base screwed onto the floor coming up off or with parts of it.

I looked up at him standing up in shock, my eyes wide as anything. Having Lowell carry me from one place to another, or punch the daylights out of Weston, it was all quite a different experience to seeing him rip chains from the bed of a truck. 

And as he stood up, shoulders hunched, dark eyes narrowed, I saw Kasius flinch back too as Lowell leaned in, the truck slowly stopping as he hunched over the both of us, accidentally causing Kasius to back into me further. Lowell occupying my view, I couldn't look anywhere else if I wanted to.

"Do you want to die?" He asked Kasius in a low deadly tone, leaning in closer so that they were an inch away from accidentally kissing.

Kasius looked white but his expression was forcefully blank as he backed up and stared him in the eyes.

The power that smacked us in the face though wasn't just felt by me, or by Kasius, even Markus at the other end was backing up with wide eyes, his mouth ajar.

"It's okay-" I was about to argue, but my breath hitched as his blazing eyes turned on me. His anger just managed to infect the air, like a buzz of electricity, it stung to the touch.

And rolling out into the air it did more than make me nervous. So much heat curling in my belly that it made me feel faint.

He growled, his fangs extending as he did so, bright white sharp fangs. Too white for an animal, too sharp for a human, deadly. My heart pounded as I looked at them, Kasius plastering himself back into the wall, and being the more muscular of the two it might have looked rather comical to an outsider, but the feeling that Lowell was giving off was overwhelming. As if it resonated to all submit.

My brain felt foggy, looking at Kasius his eyes seemed a little unfocussed too.

The door was then swung open and we unfroze as the man I recognised as Lowell's father easily stepped into the room.

"Stand down boy." He ordered.

Lowell swung his head around, the way he did reminded me of the way he as a wolf swung his heavy head around. His piercing angry eyes settling on his father.

"Tell me right now what the fuck you want from me Griffith, or I kill Kasius right this fucking second."

"Jesus..." Kasius breathed out, looking uneasy, still pressed back against the wall. He almost looked hurt. "I didn't do anything... What did I do?"

"Kasius!" Griffith barked sharply. 

Kasius jumped, startled, the fog in his eyes clearing up suddenly as he blinked a couple times. Then slowly looked around and back at Lowell, hunched over him still rearing to fight, his expression dark enough to kill. He shoved him and pushed past him, stepping around him to walk fast towards Lowell's father.

Lowell swung around to face his father, he was breathing hard, in and out, his face flushed, he glanced at me.

I felt weird looking at him.

"How in the fuck..." Markus mumbled, siding with Kasius who inched toward the exit as Griffith approached the two of us instead.

"You seem to have been training..." Griffith said with a smile, as if he was mocking him with the insult.

Lowell looked around warily, glancing at his wrists and ankles. "What the fuck is up with putting me in silver, I didn't do shit to you! I was minding my own business!"

"Right outside our pack, right inside another pack." He nodded slowly. "As a rogue you should be aware that's asking to have someone rip out your throat."

I frowned, stepping closer to Lowell, so relieved by the warmth he was radiating that my stomach eased.

"I wasn't on your land! It's not your fucking problem Griffith."

"It's father, or Alpha Griffith, you don't get to pick how you address me boy."

Lowell laughed. "Fuck. Off." He grabbed my arm, his fingers wrapping around my forearm in a no doubt accidentally punishing grip as he dragged me after him while he stormed toward the door. "We're leaving Alpha."

Griffith narrowed his eyes, the air prickling as he turned to watch us move past, me stumbling slightly after Lowell as he forced me to walk close by him, holding my arm out in front of us.

But the entrance was surrounded, and not by a few.

There had to be at least twenty, thirty or so people gathering in front of the van, blocking our way. And some of them looked incredibly dangerous.

I felt dazed, as though suddenly I had become some sort of child, wandering amongst grownups, weaker and clueless and out of my depth.

The eyes of that black wolf still burned into my brain.

[A/N] Thank you to my patrons („❛ ᵕ ❛„)

 ♆ Deadnerd4life ♆ LadyQueen-Sama ♆ Nakiro ♆ dianaluvsumore ♆ Aylaxana ♆ hasnoshamexx ♆ Orphylia ♆ lily12243 ♆ midnightdirrtyRuth ♆ Echo_53 ♆ darkabyss7851 ♆ tarry_omlins ♆ Onibun ♆ Annabun ♆ eatsyounuNightstalkingheroes ♆ CrimsonEyedSinner ♆ LettieK ♆ Madara ♆ min_aholic ♆ Choktious ♆ Kasilo ♆ hannah_khatter ♆ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 6.6K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
540K 20.4K 47
A werewolf having a human mate has been engraved in the history of the werewolves. Having a human mate has been forbidden ever since it happened befo...
8K 387 18
Previously known as "Alpha Damian (boyxboy)" /Werewolf/Romance/Love Triangle/Gay/ [bxb] Alec has been angry ever since the death of his father. Two y...
161K 5.2K 23
Evan Blake was a quiet werewolf, not because he was shy or nervous but because he preferred to observe. It may sound weird but he was the type, alway...