sparks fly - k. akaashi

By ushijimoo

๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž โ†ณ in which a rainy day bri... More

introduction
stick figures
mesmerizing
bookstore
cloud
eleven days
slushies
sticky notes
midnight snack
legos
pouring rain
nervous
painting kisses
carnations
dancing in the dark
one line
three weeks
fancy napkins
empty fridge
konoha the cone
missed call
rainy day
want and need
letters
bakery
akaashi's letters
hate and love
candy canes
flirting
hiding spot
balcony
eugene fitzherbert
book cart
birthday party
mess of letters
pinky promise

head spins

2.3K 133 93
By ushijimoo

akaashi was on the verge of deleting his whole book. he read through what he wrote so far and found himself scrolling up and down the document with his finger hovering over the backspace button.

right when his finger was about to press down, there was a knock on the door. he shut his computer and took a deep breath before walking to answer it. "hey." konoha nodded in greeting before walking into the apartment.

"hi!" y/n pressed a kiss to akaashi's cheek. "it's freezing out there."

"i can tell." he pulled on the winter hat that she had on to the point where it covered her eyes. "you look adorable in this hat." y/n shoved the hat back up and smiled up at him. that smile that became his favorite sight to see since the first time he saw it.

he also realized that this was the first time she didn't hide her face when he gave her a compliment. his hand reached up to her chin and brushed against her cheek. he tilted her head up and pressed his lips against hers. "thanks for coming here."

"it's not every day you finish a book." y/n patted his hip as she passed by him and walked over to konoha. "bokuto should be on his way up, i believe." akaashi leaned out of the doorframe and saw his best friend walking down the hall.

"hey! did i beat the other two?" bokuto asked while running the last bit to the door.

"no!" konoha shouted. "i'm very punctual and somehow i was still early while dragging his one with me." he poked y/n on the side of her head.

"it's not my fault rin doesn't like us leaving her alone all the time." the two of them stopped by kenji and emika's bookstore before going to akaashi's place. "anyway can we all focus on the main point here?"

"right, akaashi! your book!" bokuto hung up his coat and tugged on his scarf, struggling a little bit when it got up in his face. "i am ready to read." he cracked his knuckles and stretched his arms above his head.

"you're here to read not go to compete in a marathon, dude." konoha commented when bokuto continued stretching his arms. "all you need to do his flip the page. not much physical movement in that."

"and move his eyes." y/n added with a glance to akaashi. "movement of the eyes is physical." she quoted the words that akaashi told to her during the night with her family.

"i can email you guys the document if you want." akaashi sat down in the sofa next to y/n and let his leg settle against hers. "and i also printed a few copies of the book if you prefer the original way."

"paper." y/n answered, wanting to highlight and sticky notes things again.

"computer." konoha knew he would lose his patience with having to flip through hundreds sheets of paper.

"paper." bokuto always liked adding comments.

"alright." akaashi reached for his laptop and made a copy of his story for konoha to add anything he wanted. "here." konoha was absent from his seat when he was done making a copy. "uh.. where did he go?"

"claimed that reading is never complete with snacks and a drink." bokuto answered. "i agree with him. and i need background noise because silence is disturbing in a weird way." bokuto reached for the stack of cd's akaashi had that held movies and music.

"i can get you sticky notes if you like." akaashi let his fingers graze over her thigh. "i know you love to use them."

"yes please." he stood up and went to get all the sticky note pads that he had. he returned with a small stack of different color notes. "thank you." she leaned into akaashi's side the second he sat back down. "how do you feel about finishing the book?"

"i feel like i should be more excited than i actually am." he answered and traced his fingers along her spine.

"maybe it hasn't hit you yet. maybe it'll hit you when we're all on chapter fifteen and half asleep and then you suddenly make us all get up and pop a few bottles of champagne just to celebrate before we go back to reading."

"i'll be waiting until chapter fifteen then." he kissed her forehead before tugging on her hat again. "this hat is just so cute on you." this time y/n let her forehead fall onto akaashi's shoulder to hide her face with the hat still over her eyes.

"i'll ask my grandma to make you a hat too if you like it so bad." she mumbled.

"your grandma made it?"

"it took her forever cause my grandpa wouldn't stop bothering her. their relationship is interesting but it's cute. but she'll make you a hat if you want one."

"i find it cute because of the person who's wearing it." at his words y/n only moved her head to the crook of his neck.

"stop it. i'm here to read and all you've managed to do is make me want to kick konoha and bokuto out to kiss you until my head spins." she said and started kissing his neck. akaashi's fingers stopped trailing along her back at the feeling of her lips against his skin.

i'm taking it up with you on kissing me until your head spins. kiss me forever. kissing me until i can't remember anything but your kisses. i never thought i could be so hooked on something until i had your mouth on mine. when you kiss me it's like my mind shuts down and you are the only thought that consumes it. like a door shutting away everything but you. you've got me so wrapped around your finger and i don't know how to unwrap myself from you.

"but, that's gonna have to wait until another day." she sighed and slid down onto the floor where the stack of paper was. she poked her pen through the pages and stared at the pile while akaashi stared at her. "this is a little intimidating now."

"you don't have to read it all in one sitting." akaashi said and felt her lean against his legs.

"and i am prepared for the next twenty-four hours." konoha dropped the pile of snacks he gathered from akaashi's kitchen and let it down on the floor. bokuto was holding one pudding cup while holding out two hot chocolates for y/n and akaashi.

"here's the two hot chocolates that you two love so much. no that i think of it, i should've made coffee for the caffeine..." he stared at the cups.

"we have time later." y/n said and took her cup. "have you seen this." she slapped her hand on top of the papers. "think we'll be here a while."

"i've told you guys. you can go back home whenever you guys feel tired. i'm not making you stay here all for one sitting." akaashi leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. "don't make me take away your sleep.

"darling, i am a hundred percent into finishing this in one sitting and i'm pretty sure konoha and bokuto feel the same." y/n looked up at akaashi while bokuto and konoha were questioning the darling nickname.

"yeah, totally. this is the first time i get to be one of the first people to read your writing." konoha opened a bag of crackers.

"time to read!" bokuto said and opened up to the first page. he began to write something down immediately. y/n put the highlighters and pen into a straight line and the sticky notes all into a tower before opening up to the first page.

konoha was eating and reading at the same time while the glow of the computer screen flashed back into his face. akaashi looked through the three of them and settled his gaze at the girl sitting in front of him.

he was happier with his friends reading his book than himself actually finishing his book.

~~~

"i think my eyes are going to fall out of my head." konoha said, his body slumped so far down in his seat that he was practically on the verge of falling out of the chair.

y/n's head had fallen onto the table and she still had a highlighter in her hand while her hat was lopsided. akaashi took a mental picture of that.

bokuto seemed to be the only one who was still awake due to drinking two coffees and raiding akaashi's jar of candy two hours ago. it was around two in the morning and akaashi was getting guilter by the second.

"i'm gonna let her get some sleep." akaashi said and took the highlighter out of y/n's hand. "can you get konoha onto the couch so he doesn't complain about his back in the morning? and you get some sleep too."

"sure." bokuto sprang up from where he was sitting and went over to konoha. akaashi leaned down and slid her arms under her knees and back to lift her up.

"where we going?" she asked groggily and turned her head into his chest.

"sleep." akaashi pushed the door to his room open with his foot. he pulled the hat off her head and placed it down on his dresser.

"sleep. i like sleep." akaashi smiled as he let her down on the bed. he was about to stand back up, but her arms wrapped around his neck. "stay."

"you want me to stay?"

"that's what i said, wasn't it?" she rolled over on the bed and pushed the comforter back. "it's your bed and you should sleep in it too. besides, it's not like we haven't done this already."

"give me a second, okay?" she nodded and buried herself under the blankets. he changed out of his clothes into more comfortable clothing before going back out to bokuto. "hey, i'm going to bed too."

"goodnight!" bokuto waved.

"hi." akaashi said after returning to bed and sliding in next to her. y/n spared no time to let herself into his arms and rest her head on his chest.

"your book is really good." she said while pressing kisses to his shoulder. her eyes were threatening to shut but she forced them open just to talk to him.

"yeah?"

"i reached chapter fifteen and handed you a hershey kiss in small celebration. did the happiness hit you yet?" her lips trailed up from his shoulder to his neck until it reached his jaw.

akaashi pulled the blankets over her body and slid his hand between her mouth and his face before turning to her. "i think the happiness has hit me." another smile graced her lips before akaashi captured her mouth with a kiss.

his happiness was right in his arms and that was all he needed.

~~~
i have an obsession with making playlists for book couples. it's literally the thing that motivates me to read and it looks pretty on my spotify even tho i keep them all private.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 471 13
โ ๐‚๐Ž๐”๐‹๐ƒ ๐ˆ ๐‘๐„๐€๐‚๐‡ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐…๐€๐’๐“๐„๐‘ ๐ˆ๐… ๐ˆ ๐–๐€๐’ ๐€ ๐ƒ๐‘๐Ž๐๐‹๐„๐“ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐€๐ˆ๐‘? โž โ”€ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ...
166K 5.1K 51
-๐ค๐จ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐จ ๐›๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ -before graduating college y/n was great friends with akaashi, bokuto, hotaru, kenma, and kuroo...
20.6K 705 31
-Bokuto x Fem!Reader (plus some Kuroo x Fem!Reader) -Bokuto's your neighbor. Your childhood friend. Of course, you had a crush on him back when you...
80.2K 2.9K 29
A chatfic ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป