𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐖...

By thepearlverse

▄▄ ˗ˏˋ 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 'ˎ˗ ── IN WHICH , ── ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ after Spider-man almost breaks int... More

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔
・❥・𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
・❥・𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
・❥・𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue

seventeen

4.4K 131 76
By thepearlverse

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN;
hey, Italy!

iMESSAGE
AKIRA, AMALA
8:49 a.m.

AKIRA
[ attachment: one image ]

😏😏😏😏

lol looks like u n peter r
getting reaaaall closeeee

😍😍😍🥰🥳🥳🥰🥳

"no aki i DONT have a
crush on peter !!!! not
even a little bit" MY
MOTHERFUCKING ASS

ur clinging on to him for
dear life LMFAO

AMALA
omg

delere rhat rn

also kys

AKIRA
#1 no

#2 die u bitch

this is a relic

i will never delete it ever

AMALA
you're a bitch

AKIRA
perhaps

anyways :]

how was ur sleep ? yk
on ur crush's shoulder 😊
😎😽🙂😘🌈👶🏻

AMALA
why is there a rainbow and
baby

AKIRA
free speech

stop changing the subject
whore

answer

AMALA
:/

sleep was good

great even

he's v comfy

AKIRA
oh he's comfy 😽

AMALA
ans he's rock solid

idk why but like ig i
held his arm while i
slept but i gen woke
up w cramps in my
fingers

he's like steel

AKIRA
oh he's hard ?? 🍆💦

amala! keep that stuff
between u guys 😍🥰💕
💦

AMALA
i question why i'm friends
w you everyday

AKIRA
i'm the best thing that's ever
happened to u hoe

AMALA
nah

nicki minaj is

and roblox

and air

air is pretty great

also summer bc winter
sucks

so no. you're not the best
thinfd that's happened to
me

AKIRA
the urge to bitch slap u
rn

AMALA
do it pussy

i'm right infront of you

AKIRA
i promise u i'll kick
u back to new york

AMALA
do it at the baggage claim
so you can get your ass
deported.

oh i'm going to new york?
looks like you're coming
w me! IN HANDCUFFS

AKIRA
cunt

AMALA
😘😘😘

AKIRA
omg. u sneaky mf

U XHANGED THE
SUBJECT AGAIN !!!!

AMALA
i was hoping you'd
figure out later

not now😔😕

AKIRA
i'm just gifted

AMALA
no you're not

AKIRA
die!!!!!!!

but stop. we mustn't
stray away from the topic
at hand

what thou shall do about
such romantic feelings for
thou nerdith

AMALA
wtf is a nerdith

also why are you speaking like
a monk

AKIRA
nerd

and it's fun

answer me u mosquito

AMALA
did you know mosquitoes
would be terrible in the
olympics

AKIRA
what the fuck no

where do u even find this
info

AMALA
reddit

did you know that they also
have 47 teeth

AKIRA
gross

don't care

tell me about u n peter
i beg

AMALA
did you know before mating
mosquitoes dance

AKIRA
???? what is wrong with u

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT
U AND PETER YOU FUCKER

AMALA
oh no! look at the time 😔😢

we're ab to leave the airport

aw shucks!

AKIRA
my hate for u is
immeasurable

AMALA
don't care + L + ratio +
make better music

AKIRA
stop laughing and get in the
fuckinf van
read

REAL LIFE
VENISE, ITALY
9:40 a.m.

"AKIRA!" SHE SHOUTS. "GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE BATHROOM! IT'S BEEN AN HOUR."

Ruffling can be heard from the other side of their hotel room. "Beauty hurts, Mala!" she hears. "You'd know nothing about it."

Amala stifles a laugh. "Ha. Ha. Very funny, Akira! Very creative! Now get out."

More ruffling is heard before the door finally opens. "Okay, okay. I'm done." Akira says, sighing dramatically. "All yours."

"Gosh!" Amala fake gushes. "Thank you for personally giving me permission to use our shared bathroom!"

"Oh, fuck off!" Says Akira, rolling her eyes.

"You love me," Amala reminds her jokingly.

"Go inside." Akira deadpans as her face muscles threaten to pull into a smile.

Shaking her head, Amala walks into the bathroom and closes the door.

The bathroom is... bad. It's really, really bad.

After an eleven hour flight and a three hours at the airport — the entire class had to wait for Flash Thompson and Chrissy McKay's seven suitcases, each — they'd expected to come to a nice, mostly pristine hotel (all their parents paid a lump sum of cash to ensure a comfortable trip).

That's why everyone was stunned to silence when they finally arrived to the "hotel" (if you could even call it that). It looked seconds from falling apart — a single gust of wind would've sent the entire establishment to the floor. The sign was crooked, the walls were chipped and unevenly painted. Hell, it looked like it was still being built.

Supposedly, Flash had googled the location and the last time it had been renovated was in 1972. So yeah, the entire class was mortified, to say the least.

They say not to judge a book by its cover but the hotel's external appearance fully matches its internal one, too. The lobby looks like it's been haunted by a hoard of ghosts for hundreds of years, the hallways are eerie and the carpets are peeling, the rooms are small with poor lighting and askew sheets, and the bathroom... God, the bathroom. It looks rancid. The tile has been discolored, the sink is chipped, the mirror is foggy. Amala's pretty sure she saw a cockroach crawl through the drain at some point.

So yeah, their accommodation is lacking in several aspects.

Regardless, Amala reluctantly plops down her makeup bag against the counter, taking out whatever she needs.

She puts on her usual makeup: eyeliner, mascara, blush and concealer. She ties her hair up into an artistic messy bun, making sure to leave some bangs lose to frame her face. Once deemed enough, Amala runs over her outfit one more time. Her baby pink crisscross-string pants hang nicely over her waist as a matching colored crop top accentuates her chest. She sports green converse, gold jewelry, and a small green backpack. Amala straightens her charm bracelet, helping all the little pendants fall into place.

Her cheeks still flush a violent shade of red once her eyes land on the sun and moon pendant Peter got her.

"Come on, Amala! Let's go." Akira says, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Coming!" Replies Amala, before opening the door and closing the lights behind her.

Both girls grab their remaining belongings, making sure they have their phones, chargers and spare cash.

"You look cute." Amala remarks as they shut their room door.

"Thanks, Mala." Replies Akira, fondly. "You look good, too. Pink is your color."

Amala gives her a fond smile, extending a hand towards her best friend.

Akira takes it and together they walk towards the lobby.

"Who the fuck let Flash take AUX?" Chrissy McKay shouts across the gondola.

Some random Lil Pump song plays from Flash's speaker. It's a constant thump of below average bars, weird screeching noises and misplaced adlibs.

"Nobody, baby. 'Cause I don't need permission from anyone." He shouts back, shooting her a middle finger.

A mix of groans and boos come from the rest of the students.

"Is it possible to hate this guy even more?" Ned mumbles towards Amala, Akira and Peter.

"I keep thinking it's not possible but then he does... whatever this is." Quips Peter.

"You mean act like himself?" Supplies Amala with a cheeky smile.

Peter laughs. "Exactly."

"Turn that shit off!" Sam Martin — who she didn't even know was on this trip — yells. "Your music taste sucks, man. I'm sorry."

"Shut it, ass face! You literally-" starts Flash before Amala blocks him out. In spite, he turns the volume louder.

Amala rolls her eyes. "Aki, for the love of whatever commands the sky, please do something before I throw him off this boat."

"Me?" Akira implores. "What the fuck does that have to do with me?"

"He literally has the biggest crush on you, you deranged goose!" Amala retorts. "If you asked him for a piece of the moon, he'd bring the whole thing to you!"

"Well, one of his dad's workers would." Ned reasons, rationally.

"Okay, yeah. Fine." Amala agrees. "But you get the point."

Akira sighs, defeated. "You suck."

Amala smiles widely, making sure her teeth are on display. "Love you, too, Aki-noodle!"

Clearing her throat, Akira straightens the hem of her blue dress. "Flash, do you mind letting me connect to your speaker?"

Turning around, Flash's hand settles over the little speaker as he sends Akira a not-so-subtle glance. "Um..."

"Please?" She bats her eyes, putting on an innocent smile.

"I'm -" he sighs, defeated. "Yeah, sure."

With a smile brighter than the sun, Akira extends her hands and grabs the speaker. "Thanks, Flash." She giggles. "Don't worry, it's in good hands."

His Adam's apple visibly bobs in his throat, a blush turning his face pink. "I - uh - I trust you." He says, before taking a seat next to Amanda Webber.

Sitting down, Akira shoots the group a devious smile. "Okay. You were right, Mala. That totally worked."

"Told you!" Boasts Akira. "I'm just gifted with the mind of a prophetess."

"A prophetess of being fucking ugly, sure." Akira deadpans.

The raven gasps. "You, bitch! After everything I've done for you? Say sorry right now." She fake pouts.

Akira shakes her head as she taps on her phone. "Consider this my apology." She says before she turns the volume of the speaker a module higher.

The beginning melody to "The Night Is Still Young" by Nicki Minaj drums through the speaker.

Amala's eyes immediately widen, an unbeatable grin flashing across her face.

"Am i forgiven?" Her best friend pokes.

"Hell fucking yeah." Replies Amala, breathless.

Venice, Italy is breathtaking.

Walking around and admiring its architecture is like being sucked into a children's fantasy novel. There is beauty and novelty wherever you turn.

Tall buildings rise from the ground, it's stone engraved in intricate details and figures. Roads are littered with little bushes and flowers, pushing out from the cracks of cement. Sunlight seems to coat the entire city golden, making everything seem as though it were dipped in honey. Streams of water surround them as little gondolas make their way, casting ripples through the canals.

There's an unexplainable beauty that lies within its crevices, like a hidden jewel. There's a romantic essence that wafts through the streets and Amala is determined to bask in it.

She takes her time walking around, stopping at little details that catch her eye. The rest of her class scatters; whether it be to take pictures or buy souvenirs. The group of four stay together for the most part as they walk in shops, making light conversation. At some point, Peter and Ned linger behind while Akira walks into a gift shop.

Amala walks into the store next door, looking around absentmindedly.

On her way out, something catches her eye against the vitrine: a ring.

When she approaches the glass to get a better look, her heart catches in her throat. It's beautiful. A stunning thick silver band glimmers against the sunlight, it's jewel gleaming. It's simple and versatile but the little ruby colored gem in its center adds an edgy touch to it.

It's like Amala is entranced, the ring holding her in a hypnotic gaze.

Without a second thought, the raven's mind automatically lands on one word: Peter.

It screams his personality; laid back and soft, but stunning upon closer inspection.

He'd love this, she mumbles absentmindedly.

She worries her bottom lip between her teeth, thinking. But in the spur of a moment, a decision is made and Amala approaches the counter where a large elderly women sits.

"Hi, Miss. I'd like to buy the ring on the display, please."

Back outside on the bustling streets — ring box tucked between her fingers — Amala spots Peter several blocks away.

"Peter, Hi!" She greets as she approaches him.

He jumps at her greeting, body going rigid. His hands rush behind him, shielded by his back. "H-hey,"

"Sorry, did I ask scare you?" She laughs.

Peter laughs, too. "A little. Anyways, um - what've you been up to you?"

Instinctively, her hands wrap against the velvet box. She tucks it further into her palm. "Oh, nothing." She smiles. "Just bout a couple gifts for family. Stuff like that. What about you?"

"Oh! Yeah, me too. Just — you know — stuff." He replies, blush rising on his cheeks.

"'Stuff'... nice. I like that." She retorts playfully.

Momentary silence stretches between them. For a second, Amala wonders what it would feel like to walk through the city till sunset, Peter's hand in hers.

The vision makes her blush and she blinks to blur it away.

Her eyes look forward, taking in their surroundings for the millionth time that day. A wave of yearning churns through her gut.

"So... wanna walk?" Peter pipes up awkwardly.

"Hmm?" She hums. "Oh, yeah. That sounds nice."

Nodding, Peter and her begin walking.

They're not really going in a particular direction, they're just wandering around. They pass by some of their classmates, watching them pose against carved out stone or bridges. Somewhere in the distance, Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell are arguing about whatever it is teachers argue about. At one point they run into Akira and Ned who are at an ice-cream stand.

"Ned, go fuck yourself. I'm paying." She hears Akira say.

"Kira, no! I won't let you do that." Ned replies back adamantly.

"Won't let me? What is this, the Stone Age? Let me pay!"

"What on earth does this have to do with the Stone Age!" Ned retorts.

Peter and Amala laugh at the same time, pausing to ogle the pair.

"How about you just split it?" Amala shouts, cupping her hands to her mouth.

She hears a "Shut up!" — from none other than her best friend — and scoffs jokingly.

Continuing their promenade, they cross a limestone bridge, taking several steps to reach its center.

Under them, murky blue water makes a woosh noise — the echo accentuating the sound.

Amala shuts her eyes and takes a deep breath, making sure to fully absorb her surroundings.

The sun is still glaring brightly. Even then, the weather isn't unbearable. It's perfect; a mix between heat and cool wind. People walk past them, talking in foreign languages.

Peter comes to lean on the railing, standing besides Amala. He glances at her softly, a light smile on his lips.

Amala glances back, mirroring his expression.

"You - um - you look really pretty, b-by the way." He swallows.

Heat rushes to her face and the comment makes her breathless. "Oh, Really? I'm - thank you."

"You're welcome," he nods. "Pink looks good on you."

"Maybe I should wear it more often." She teases even though she feels like she's going to melt through the concrete at any moment.

Peter looks at her with doe-eyes, ears twinging red. "Maybe. Maybe you should."

All she does is smile back, trying to settle the deep color on her cheeks. Of course, it doesn't work that easily so, Amala turns to her left and watches the water ripple against the stone, shielding her face.

"Come on, should we keep walking?" Says Amala after she assumes her face has calmed down.

"Yeah, sure." Is all Peter says before they make their to the other side of the bridge.

Amala's eyes are still absentmindedly trained to the canal next to them until the water starts violently coursing.

It's as though it has a life of its own, making it seem like there's a rumbling engine beneath the surface. Foam froths in its path and the tendrils underneath the river extend quickly, making shapes and turns.

Amala's eyebrows furrow. This doesn't look natural.

"Hey, Peter?" Calls Amala, concern starting to creep into her voice.

Peter doesn't answer and when Amala calls after him again, she realizes he's looking at the floor.

Following his gaze, she watches the pothole drain fully, turning the previously damp floor, dry.

Heartbeat quickening, Amala and Peter share a glance — nerves mixed with curiosity and worry.

Amala points to the water as Peter follows her finger.

The water is still rippling aggressively, gaining momentum by the minute. Its tendrils shift and turn, covering the majority of its surface.

"What is happening...?" Amala says breathlessly, heart picking up its pace.

"I- I don't know..." says Peter, eyebrows furrowing. "Maybe it's some pipe issues?"

"Pipe issues?" She says incredulously. "Pipe issues wouldn't make the entire river act up like this."

The water doesn't calm, it just continues its journey, foam following it as it causes little riptides.

"I-I don't know, I guess it's an internal issue or something." Says Peter though he seems unconvinced.

Amala sends him a skeptical glance, unconvinced too.

"Maybe. Either way it's kinda freaking me out." Amala says earnestly.

Swallowing, Peter simply says: "I'm sure it's okay."

"I don't know, Peter. I'm -" she begins to say before everything comes to a standstill.

With wide eyes, Amala watches the water settle and retract. Absolute silence overwhelms her as the loud swishing sound deafens.

For a fraction of a moment, everything stops.

But peace doesn't last that long and a giant jolt sends an entire current upwards.

A ginormous wave rises, towering over everything like a displaced mountain.

Amala's jaw smacks to the floor and a gasp flies out of her mouth. Fear kickstarts in her veins as she watches the wave gain height and surface.

The wave... it has a face?

Holy shit, her heart beats. Holy shit!

— END OF CHAPTER TWO —

[ NOTE ]
i didn't really know
how to end this but
i guess this is alright!

thank you for the love
and support !! please
remember to vote +
comment :) it helps
me out a lot!

see you next time,

pearl <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.5K 31
** COMPLETED ** 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗜𝗻 𝗖𝗮𝘁𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗲: 𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘇𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. But most people just call them W...
60K 1.9K 34
❝you like the girl shank, don't you?❞ | going poker-faced, minho stammered, ❝what?❞ ~ ✵ the new girl finds herself in the glade, but being the only g...
34.2K 1K 16
"𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵𝘴." [wolves sequel] !this can be read as a stand-alone since it's an AU, but it may contain referenc...
21.4K 407 10
❝it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.❞ introducing... 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓. 𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈�...