N7 Rose

By LightninNelly73

[ALPHA Series] On the planet of Remnant, to the west of Vale, lies a small island known as Patch. There lies... More

N7 Rose: Bio
N7 Rose: Prologue
Volume 1, Ch. 1: Beacon Academy's N7 Commander
Volume 1, Ch 2: The Badge, The Burden, and The N7
Volume 1, Ch. 3: Jaundice and N7
Volume 1, Ch. 4: N7 Forever Fall Reunion
Volume 1, Ch. 5: Team NMDY/RWBY Joint Mission
Volume 1, Ch. 6: N7 Stray
Volume 1, Ch. 7: N7's Black and White
Volume 2, Ch.1: Best Day(s) Ever {🍋}
Volume 2, Ch. 2: Team NMDY/JNPR Joint Mission
Volume 2, Ch. 3: NMDY vs White Fang
Volume 2, Ch. 4: Dates with the Girlfriends
Volume 2, Ch. 5: Welcome to Beacon!
Volume 2, Ch. 6: A Hiccup while Painting
Volume 2, Ch. 7: Passion and Forgiveness {🍋}
Volume 2, Ch. 8: Extracurricular
Volume 2, Ch. 9: Burning the Candle
Volume 2, Ch. 10: Dance, Dance Infiltration
Volume 2, Ch. 11: Field Trip Abroad
Volume 2, Ch. 13: NO BRAKES!!!
Volume 2, Ch. 14: Grimm Breach!
Volume 3, Ch. 1: The Vytal Tournament
Volume 3, Ch. 2: A Wintery Meeting
Volume 3, Ch. 3: Learning Lessons {🍋}
Volume 3, Ch. 4: Never Miss a Beat
Volume 3, Ch. 5: Fall
Volume 3, Ch. 6: Fall Aftermath
Volume 3, Ch. 7: Calm Before the Storm
Volume 3, Ch. 8: Battle for Beacon
Volume 3, Chp. 9: End of the Beginning
N7 Rose Volume 4-6 BIO

Volume 2, Ch. 12: Mountain Glenn

1.2K 24 11
By LightninNelly73

~Near Bullhead Port of Beacon~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

Here we were ready for the mission we were "assigned" to, but there was a slight wrench in our plans.

"Professor Oobleck?!" Weiss questioned as it was indeed DOCTOR Oobleck that was the Huntsman Teams RWBY and NMDY were shadowing. Most of RWBY still had their shocked faces while I was a bit confused the same went with my team, but surprised, nonetheless.

"I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls," Doctor Oobleck said while speaking in his quick speech as he paced back and forth from us. "Seeing as you eight have opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you all we will not be establishing a single base of operations."

"So, we'll have more than one base or have a moving base until nightfall." Tali spoke.

"Precisely, Ms. nar Rayya," Doc. Oobleck agreed with Tali. "As Ms. nar Rayya has mentioned, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon."

"Almost sounds like some of our previous missions, Cmdr." Garrus mentioned which was true on some points.

"Good, we'll need that expertise while on the field, Mr. Vakarian," Oobleck said as he continued on. "I've packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our course, and readied the airship. And..."

Doc. Oobleck suddenly zooms right up to Weiss's face.

"It's DOCTOR Oobleck," Doc. Oobleck corrected Weiss, who was initially disturbed for a moment. "I didn't earn my PhD for fun, thank you very much!"

"I agree," Liara agreed with Doc. Oobleck. "I am a doctor myself, specializing in Prothean Archeologically."

"Oh, I do miss Javik," I said out loud missing that Prothean. "Even though he had a stick up the ass most of the time."

"True, but he just wanted the Reapers dead as much as anyone." Garrus agreed but mentioned Javik's hatred for the Reapers.

"True..." I agreed. Doc. Oobleck quickly moves away from Weiss's face as she looked at Blake who was equally as disturbed.

"Now, I assume you all are wondering, "Where is the Council Specialist that will be attending to us today?" Yes?" Doc. Oobleck questioned as RWBY nod their heads, but my team smirked already knowing who the Council Specialist assigned to them was. "Well, the very specialist is right with us! Could you please step forward?"

 I smirked as I walked ahead and stood next to Doc. Oobleck. The look on RWBY's faces were priceless. My team already knew as they held their own smirks.

"Big Brother is our Specialist attending on the mission?! YAY!!!" Ruby cried out in joy.

"Alright! This is going to be fun!" Yang cheered as well. Weiss and Blake were happy that I was their specialist since I was their respective boyfriend.

"Yes, yes, I very well know your fours' relationship with Commander Rose, but he is not playing favorites just because he's your brother or soulmate," Doc. Oobleck stated which was true. "Plus, Team NMDY will be attending with us. Any who, come now, children and NMDY, according to my schedule we are already three minutes behind..."

Doc. Oobleck soon zooms towards the bullhead ready to go.

"...schedule!" Doc Oobleck yells from the bullhead. The nine of us looked at each other until Ruby speaks up.

"Well, alright then," Ruby speaks with positive upbeat. "Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck..."

After Ruby said that RWBY merely looked down and shook their heads. Grunt had the same reaction as did Garrus. Liara and Tali merely looked at each other and gave each other a questioning eyebrow. I merely shook my head and facepalmed while Urz was near my leg.

"Okay yeah, when you say it out loud it sounds worse." Ruby ends her sentence almost sounding depressed.

"Definitely, almost as worse as letting a drugged up Volus attack a group of Asari Biotics." Garrus compared reminding me of the time we almost let that drugged Volus fight a group of Asari Pirates. Worst day ever, and that was the day I met with Samara.

"Save the world?!" A voice called out as we turned around to see JNPR walking up to us with Nora getting all giddy. "You're going on world saving missions without us? I'm hurt! Sad!"

That was until we heard Nora's stomach rumble because she was hungry, maybe?

"Maybe a little hungry? The last one's not your fault, though..." Nora mentioned before turning to Ren. "Ren..."

Ren simply crossed his arms and looked away. A bit dramatic I have to say.

"Sounds exciting!" Jaune later speaks up breaking the dramatic play of Ren and Nora. "Where you going?"

"Oh, just outside the kingdom," Ruby replied. "NMDY is joining us."

"Hey, so are we!" Nora spoke up.

"Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village." Pyrrha explained a little bit of their shadowing mission.

"We set out tomorrow." Ren added into the conversation until Sun and Neptune came into the picture.

"Then you can party with us tonight!" Neptune told JNPR. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Jaune acted all awestruck by the sheer mention of "junior badges." I shook my head as did my team.

"We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff is always exploding and junk," Sun said which felt like an insult in a way, but it was kind of true. "So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, ya know... normal."

"That may be true, but is anything normal?" Shepard cut in as SPRD came into view.

"Hey Big Brother Shepard! Wrex! Vega! Miranda!" Ruby greeted John and the rest of SPRD. "What are you guys doing?"

"Just patrols around Vale," Wrex replied. "Nothing special, kind of boring really."

"But we are assisting with others that happen to be within the kingdom." Miranda added and corrected Wrex.

"Prof. Ozpin thought this would work out for us since we are better suited for assistance and, well, you know..." Vega said while adding into the conversation. "More experienced, like NMDY and Plata."

"That reminds me," Pyrrha spoke up. "Who's got what specialist from the council?"

"Well, we have an Asari Spectre that's meeting us at the village." Jaune replied.

"An Asari Spectre? Interesting." Liara sounded intrigued.

"We have a Turian Specialist, former C-Sec I think." Neptune replied.

"Former C-Sec? I used to be in C-Sec." Garrus mentioned.

"Really? Didn't stay with them?" Sun questioned.

"At first things were alright in C-Sec, but as I rose through the ranks, I was delt with more bureaucratic bu-" Garrus replied to Sun.

"Ah ah ah," I stopped Garrus and covered Ruby's ears. "Okay, go for it."

"Right," Garrus continued after knowing what I was doing. "I was dealt with more bureaucratic bullshit, and I was tied down by more rules and regulations followed by more and more red tape. I was tired of it and left with Shepard and (Y/N) onto the Normandy. After dealing with Sovereign, I was offered a promotion at C-Sec, but I turned it down and left for Omega."

I removed my hands from Ruby's ears as everyone turned towards RWBY.

"So, who's your guys' specialist?" Nora asked and both RWBY and NMDY turned towards me as I waved to everyone. This, in return, made JNPR, Sun and Neptune slightly jealous. SPRD were slightly surprised, but not really.

"No... WAY!" Nora cried out in shock. "You guys get (Y/N)?! No fair!"

"I have to agree, I am a little jealous," Neptune admitted. "(Y/N) is definitely a cool guy."

"Well, this is surprising indeed," Miranda added. "But it works out for RWBY and NMDY."

I nervously chuckled until we heard Doc. Oobleck call us out.

"Five minutes, you all!" Doc. Oobleck called us out and zoomed back into the bullhead.

"I agree with the Doc, Cmdr." I heard a familiar voice agree with Doc. Oobleck.

"Joker?! Are you our pilot for the mission?!" I asked in shock.

"Yup, now you guys get your asses in here before I leave," Joker told me. "It would be inconvenient if your "investigation" were put on hold because you all didn't get on in time."

Everyone was silent as they all heard Joker.

"He's kidding, right?" Yang asked as my team, SPRD, and I slowly shook our heads and a few shrugs before turning into the gesture of "50-50." Everyone gave nervous smiles towards RWBY, NMDY, and me until Pyrrha came forward and cupped my cheeks. Everyone, minus RWBY, NMDY, and SPRD, were confused until Pyrrha kissed me and it turned into a slightly long, passionate kiss. We separated as I held Pyrrha by her waist as she snaked her arms around my neck.

"Now, what was that for?" I asked while smiling.

"Oh... just for luck and for you to come back safe and sound." Pyrrha replied as she kissed me again. We separated once again and saw the shocked faces of JN(P)R with Sun and Neptune.

"Wait, you two are a thing?!" Jaune questioned as we both nod. "When did this happen?"

"During the dance last night," Pyrrha replied. "Now, Jaune, remember that bet we had?"

"Uh, yeah, and I wore that dress per agreement." Jaune replied while remembering wearing the dress.

"Well, I lied and (Y/N) was my date," Pyrrha admitted and Jaune was shocked, as well as everyone, by the fact that Pyrrha, of all people, lied. "Think of it as payback for that day."

"I guess that's true," Jaune admitted while rubbing the back of his head. Weiss came up to me and kissed me as well. "Weiss too? Wait... I figured that one out already."

Blake added into the kiss, and it was a longer, passionate kiss like Pyrrha's. The look on Sun and Neptune's faces were shock. Miranda closed in and gave me a "good luck" kiss. Of course, Liara and Tali added their kiss into the fray. Yup, I just got six "good luck" kisses from my girlfriends.

"Well, I wish all of us luck on our missions." I said to everyone, and I was replied with nods and another kiss by Pyrrha and Miranda. Everyone soon left either back to Beacon or onto their missions as the nine of us, with Urz, left towards the bullhead and entered.

"Finally, I was wondering when you guys were coming." Joker joked.

"Shut up, Joker, and fly," I replied back, and I knew Joker had a smug grin on his face. "Like old times, Joker."

~Timeskip Near Mountain Glenn~

On the Bullhead, we were flying over buildings and streets over the sounds of the turbines. That was broken by Yang and Grunt talking to Doc. Oobleck.

"I guess I just never saw you as much as a fighter." Yang admitted towards Doc. Oobleck.

"You look better behind a desk." Grunt admitted as well.

"I do admit I fancy myself more as an... intellectual," Doc Oobleck replied while admitting to Yang and Grunt. "But I can assure you both, mainly Grunt, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles."

"Like the mushroom?" Ruby questioned while tilting her head in confusion.

"Those are truffles, Ruby." Liara corrected Ruby.

"Like the sprout?" Ruby questioned again while scratching her head.

"Those are Brussels." Garrus corrected Ruby this time.

"Besides, given my expertise in the field of history," Doc. Oobleck cuts into the conversation. "As well as dabblings in the archeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw it fit to assign me to this particular... assignment!"

"What does history have to do with this?" Weiss questioned the reasoning behind "history" with the mission.

"A lot of things, Weiss," Liara replied. "History helps us teach what happened in the past while teaching us what we can expect in the future. I should know, my time exploring Prothean ruins and dig sites have helped a lot with our society."

"Precisely," Doc. Oobleck agreed with Liara. "Why, history is literally the backbone of every society! And the liver! Probably the kidneys if I were to wager."

"And that means...?" Weiss questioned more.

"The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves," Doc Oobleck replies. "But it is also the location to one of the kingdom's greatest failures."

"Mountain Glenn." Ruby answers Doc Oobleck.

"Mountain Glenn? Why was that a failure?" Tali asked.

"It was meant to be an expansion of Vale," Yang replied until looking away. "But in the end, it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city."

"Correct!" Doc. Oobleck agreed with Yang. "And now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder..."

"And a likely place for a hideout." Blake finished Doc Oobleck's sentence.

"Precisely!" Doc. Oobleck agreed with Blake this time. The rest of the trip was silent until Joker spoke over the intercom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are almost close to Mountain Glenn in about 5 minutes," Joker told us. "Be ready."

"Thank you, Mr. Moreau." Doc. Oobleck thanked him.

"Just call me, "Joker," Doc." Joker told Doc. Oobleck.

"Very well, Joker," Doc. Oobleck replied while calling Joker his nickname before turning to us. "You heard him, everyone! Be ready and on your guard."

We all nod in agreement until Joker flew us over a spot of street amidst the ruins and broken structures. Joker hovers right above the spot as I gave the signal for us to drop. My team and I drop in first with weapons out followed by Yang, Blake, Doc. Oobleck, Weiss, Ruby, and finally Urz. Doc. Oobleck takes a drink from his canister before Joker flies away from the destruction. As we landed, I took a good look around the destruction and ruins that was left by the Grimm.

"Jesus..." I said while looking around. "All this... destroyed by Grimm."

"We have dealt with the destruction by the Reapers, but this is still horrible to look at." Liara admitted as she looked around.

"Grimm, annoying, but not as annoying as the Reapers." Grunt admitted, which was also true. Garrus and Tali simply looked around the ruins.

"Ladies, NMDY, and Cmdr. Rose," Doc. Oobleck called us out. "You all may still be students, but as of this moment, your "first" mission as Huntsmen and Huntresses has begun. From this point forward, you all need to do exactly as I, and Cmdr. Rose, say. Do you all understand?"

 RWBY and my team simply gave a nod until Doc. Oobleck turned over to Ruby.

"Ruby!" Doc. Oobleck called Ruby out startling her and making all of us turn to her. "I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at the school."

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet," Ruby admitted, which was 100% true. "So I didn't."

"She does have a point, Doctor." Garrus agreed with Ruby.

"She's not wrong..." Doc. Oobleck muttered to himself before going back to Ruby. "Very well, Ruby, leave your bag here. We can pick it up upon our return."

"But, I... uh..." Ruby tried to change Doc. Oobleck's mind.

"Ruby, what is in that bag that's so important?" I asked her until her bag started moving until Zwei popped out of the bag. "Ruby... Is that Zwei?"

Everyone soon turned their gaze onto the uninvited guest, that was the corgi, Zwei. Urz merely went up to Zwei and pulled him out of the bag and set him down. Zwei barks and I looked over at Ruby.

"We're here to investigate and urban-jungle, teeming with death and hostility, and you brought... a dog?" Doc Oobleck questions as Ruby didn't know how to answer. "Genius!"

"Uhh... What?" I could only ask until Doc. Oobleck zoomed passed us and picked up Zwei while making Ruby fall onto the ground. Urz walks over and licks Ruby's face.

"Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excelling companions for a hunt such as ours!" Doc. Oobleck says while spinning around while holding Zwei. Doc. Oobleck stops and looks at Urz. "Now, about this creature."

"A Varren, Doc. Oobleck," I replied. "They're considered as War Beasts to Krogan and Batarians. Consider them as similar to dogs in a sense. This one, named Urz, was a retired champion in a Varren Fighting Pit. I bought him and he's been a loyal companion ever since."

"I'm a genius." Ruby took the "genius" compliment and grinned while the rest of us either facepalmed or shook our heads.

"So, what are your orders, doctor? (Y/N)?" Blake asked the two of us.

"Ah, yes, straight to the chase. I like it!" Doc. Oobleck said while letting go of Zwei suspending into the air for a second before dropping to the ground. I walked up next to Doc. Oobleck who was in a serious posture.

"Okay, as you all know, the southeast quadrant has been marked as a recent hotspot for Grimm activity," I informed everyone. "There are several possible explanations as to why this is happening. Many of which being..."

"Grimm." Doctor Oobleck interrupted me as I looked ahead and saw what he meant. Everyone else was confused as to the meaning of "Grimm" from the sentence.

"Uhh... What?" Ruby questioned.

"Grimm," Doc. Oobleck repeated while looking ahead. "A creature of Grimm approximately one hundred yards from us at this very moment."

"What?!" Grunt and Yang shouted in surprise. As everyone turned around and saw a lone Beowolf appearing onto the streets as everyone brandished their weapons.

"Hold on!" I stopped everyone.

"Huh?" Blake questioned confused.

"There are a number of reasons why Grimm congregate in this particular area," Doc. Oobleck informs everyone. "The most likely of which would be their attraction to negativity. Sadness, envy, loneliness, hatred. All qualities that are likely held by our hidden group harboring ill intent."

"So... What now, Cmdr.?" Tali asked me as I looked over at Doc. Oobleck.

"Doc?" I asked him.

"We wait. We track," Doc. Oobleck replies. "If this specimen leads us to its pack, that pack may subsequently lead us to our prey."

"How long do we wait?" Yang asked, slightly annoyed.

"It's uncertain," Doc. Oobleck replies while listing off timewise. "Hours, days, weeks. Why, a lone Grimm have been known to stay isolated from the pack for mon-"

"And the whole pack is here." I interrupted Doc. Oobleck as more Beowolves, meaning the pack, came into view.

"What?" Weiss asked out loud.

"And now they've seen us." Doc. Oobleck states.

"What?!" Weiss asked once again but louder.

"AND NOW THEY'VE SEEN US!" Doc. Oobleck shouted into Weiss's ear.

"I take it tracking is out of the question?" Ruby asked.

"Clearly." Garrus replied while aiming his sniper rifle.

"A very accurate assumption." Liara agreed while aiming her SMG.

"What's the plan, then?" Yang asked as the Beowolf pack charged at us. As RWBY looked at Doc. Oobleck and I.

"Show us what you're capable of." I told them as the four charged at the pack. Ruby readies Crescent Rose and aims it at the charging Beowolf pack.

"Cover your ears, Zwei." Ruby told Zwei as the dog curled up into a ball and covered his ears. Most of RWBY, minus Ruby, charge into the fight until several other roars can be heard. I looked around and saw Ursai, Boarbatusks, a Nevermore, a King Taijitu, and a Deathstalker appear into the fight.

"Oh, dear, this isn't good." Doc. Oobleck states the situation. I merely smirked under my helmet.

"Please, Doctor," I assured him. "Allow us to show you what WE'RE capable of."

"Very well, go for it!" Doc. Oobleck agreed.

"All right," I said as I looked onto my team. "Grunt, take care of the Ursai!"

"Got it," Grunt replied as he charged at the Ursai. "Bring it on!"

"Tali, take care of the Boarbatusks!" I ordered Tali.

"You got it." Tali replied as she ran towards a broken piece of building.

"Garrus, the Nevermore is yours." I told Garrus.

"A moving target like that?" Garrus questioned before chuckling. "Not a problem."

"Liara, the King Taijitu is yours." I ordered Liara.

"Yes, Cmdr." Liara replied as she walked over towards the King Taijitu as I looked at the Deathstalker.

"The scorpion is mine!" I said while colliding my fists together and pulling out my ASR. "Bring it on, you overgrown arthropod!"

*Narrator POV*

The battle began with a single Beowolf and a smiling Yang charging at each other until Yang knocks out the Beowolf with a single punch. Yang continues to run as some of the pack stop chasing Yang and alternate their focus onto Blake, who stands still and waits with a hand on the hilt of Gambol Shroud until one Beowolf tries swiping at Blake. However, the swipe merely hits a shadow clone. The real Blake in the air slashes through the Beowolf in half before cutting two more in half.

With Weiss, she runs from several of the Beowolves before jumping into the air and taking down one of the Beowolves with Myrtenaster. Weiss dashes forward with her weapon held high and slashes through four Beowolves in a straight line before stopping. The rest of the pack converge onto Ruby as she lays multiple blasting shots onto the rest of the pack. All the while, Zwei chases his own tail in circles before stopping and watching his owner fight. Ruby charges forward after a shot and slashed the last of the Beowolf pack.

On the other side of Ruby, Grunt fires away with his shotgun onto the trio of Ursai. While taking one down with his shotgun, one Ursa tries swiping Grunt, but was met with a crushing headbutt from the Krogan. The Ursa fell backwards knocked out before Grunt jumped onto the Ursa and delivered the final shot. The third and final Ursa tried attacking, but Grunt activated his Fortification shielding and blocked the attack and blew the Ursa's head clean off.

"Hehe... Not even a scratch." Grunt deeply chuckled while raising his shotgun. Tali didn't have much difficulty with the Boarbatusks, since there were only two. Tali placed a couple mines before detonating them killing one Boarbatusk as the second rolled up into a wheel and charged at Tali.

"Bosh'tet!" Tali cried out as she dodged out of the way before sending her combat drone. "Go get them, Chatika vas Paus!"

The combat drone quickly made its way over to the Boarbatusk as it was charging, and the drone shocked the Boarbatusk making it lose ground and land onto its back. Tali quickly ran over and shot several rounds into the open belly and killed the Boarbatusk.

"Phew, that ends that." Tali says while wiping away sweat. On Garrus's end, he has some difficulty dealing with the Nevermore as it moves around behind several buildings.

"Damn overgrown bird," Garrus cursed at the flying Grimm until Garrus looked around the surrounding buildings and took a shot. The shot "missed" the Nevermore but ricocheted off one steel beam, onto an adjacent beam before going through a window hitting some concrete wall and ricocheting off the concrete ground onto a randomly placed upward shovel and ricochets into the Nevermore's eye. The Nevermore screamed in pain until it flew right into a broken building as the said building collapsed on top of the Nevermore killing it. "HA! Take that!"

On Liara's end, she dodges several attempts by the King Taijitu while being aware of the second head that attacks in tangent with its counterpart. Liara summons a Biotic Singularity and holds the black head steady while the white tries to attack. Liara quickly used her Warp and messed with the white head before firing upon the black head injuring it. Liara quickly used her biotics to lift the King Taijitu before tearing it apart in half killing the Grimm. Liara gave a quick smile before looking over at the cracked armor of the Deathstalker as it chose the wrong opponent to face. A silver singularity briefly lifted the Deathstalker off the ground before being sent away in a Biotic explosion caused by a Biotic shockwave. All thanks to Cmdr. (Y/N) Rose as he popped his knuckles before walking towards the Deathstalker and jumped close to its eyes and planted a grenade onto the Deathstalker. (Y/N) jumped away before the grenade exploded killing the Deathstalker.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you eliminate pests such as the Deathstalker." (Y/N) joked as one Beowolf tried attacking (Y/N) from behind, but it was quickly overwhelmed by an attack by Urz and was quickly killed. (Y/N) pet Urz's head before regrouping with the others back to Doc. Oobleck.

"Heh, piece of cake." Ruby says with a grin on her face.

"Although impressive feats, all of you," Doc. Oobleck admitted as he pets Urz's head. "Even you, Urz. Do not celebrate yet, for I am certain this is the first bout of many. Shall we continue?"

As the group of ten, with Urz and Zwei, continued on while eliminating Grimm left and right as Doc. Oobleck was rooting through a plant while a fresh group of Grimm was slain and in the middle of the tired faces of RWBY, but the still ongoing NMDY with (Y/N) still ready to fight.

"Excellent work, all of you!" Doc. Oobleck congratulates the two teams. "Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any signs of criminal operations in this sector. Oh well! Moving on!"

The group follow Doc. Oobleck as Ruby sheathes Crescent Rose and calls for Zwei to follow as did (Y/N) with Urz.

"Hey doc, you know, I was actually looking forward to seeing a "pro Huntsman" in action. Like, fighting, or, at least, helping us fight?" Yang irritably asks Doc. Oobleck.

"I'm with Yang on this one," Grunt agrees with Yang. "I have yet to see what you can do in a fight."

"Ah, but I am in action!" Doc. Oobleck replied as he walks ahead. "Scouring the ruins of this once great city for any signs of irregularity! Not every mission is filled with daring and heroism, girls, and Grunt. Sometimes it's a heightened form of exterminations. Remember, this is a job and you all signed up for it. I hope you do understand."

"I do, Doctor," Liara agrees while taking Doc. Oobleck's side. "Most of the time I'll be on dig sites or exploring ruins. At the time, the battlefield wasn't for me, until I met (Y/N). That changed, but I still explored ruins."

"Precisely, Liara." Doc. Oobleck agreed with Liara.

"Well, yeah," Yang tried sounding more resolute with her answer. "O-Of course!"

Of course, Doc. Oobleck didn't quite believe Yang's answer for a minute. Once the group made their way more into the city. (Y/N) divided the groups into two and had them split off into different parts of the city. Now with each group scouring certain areas, Doc. Oobleck talks to each member of each group.

"Tell me, Yang," Doc. Oobleck begins with Yang. "Why did you choose this line of work?"

"Huh?" Yang replied until she turned around and spoke her reason. "Well... to fight monsters and sa--"

"No! That's what you do," Doc. Oobleck cut Yang off. "I want to know why you do it; the honest reason as to why you became a Huntress."

"The honest reason?" Yang replied once again. "I'm a thrill seeker. I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can, and if I help people along the way, that's even better. It's a win-win, you know?"

"I see," Doc. Oobleck says before turning to Grunt. "And you Grunt, what was your profession before coming to Remnant?"

"Huh? Me?" Grunt asked as he killed another Beowolf. "You met Aralakh Company. I'm their Commander, as a way to bring the Clans of Tuchanka together. Before that, I fought alongside Shepard and (Y/N) against the Collectors then the Reapers. Now, I'm here. Still Commander of Aralakh Company and still fighting, but also doing a favor for (Y/N)."

"And that is?" Doc. Oobleck questioned (Y/N)'s favor. Grunt looked over at Yang as she looked away with a slight blush.

"Cmdr. (Y/N) asked me to be Yang's guardian in a way," Grunt replied as Yang's blush grew redder. "Like Garrus watching Ruby."

"I see..." Doc. Oobleck gets the idea and zooms away leaving Yang and Grunt fighting off Grimm. Doc. Oobleck sits on a broken part of a building as he writes in his journal while both Weiss and Liara fight off Beowolves below. "And you Miss Schnee? A girl born into fame and fortune such as yourself certainly doesn't need the extra work. So, why choose this over a cushy job in Atlas?"

"It's exactly as you said: I'm a Schnee," Weiss replies after impaling a Beowolf with Myrtenaster and drops the body. "I have a legacy of honor to uphold. Once I realized I was capable of fighting, there was no longer a question of what I would do with my life. It was my duty."

"Interesting..." Doc. Oobleck says before turning to Liara. "What about you, Dr. T'Soni?"

"Hmm... What should I say?" Liara replies while crushing a Beowolf with her Biotics. "Before I met Shepard and (Y/N), I would spend most of my days in Prothean ruins or running along with bands of mercenaries and other aliens to reach my destination. I wasn't much for interactions with other people. I even said, "I would rather spend more time researching or digging through the dirt and learn all I can." That was until I met Shepard and (Y/N), and well... You both know the story."

"I see... Very well," Doc. Oobleck says before racing off. Weiss and Liara looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders and fighting more Grimm. Over at another part of the broken city, Blake cuts away at a door and released a swarm of small Nevermores. Blake jumps backwards and shoots into the air with Tali adding shots from her shotgun. Soon after the gunshots, the smaller Nevermore fall onto the ground as they lay dead. Doc. Oobleck comes around and inspects the inside before turning to Blake. "And what about you, Blake? You seem to carry yourself with a sense of purpose."

"There's too much wrong in this world to just stand by and do nothing," Blake replies as she steps into the building with Tali in tow. "Inequality, corruption... Someone has to stop it."

"Very well... How?" Doc. Oobleck questions as Blake didn't have an answer.

"I... uhh..." Blake briefly responds without an answer.

"Hmm... And you Tali? I can see you as someone of equal purpose." Doc. Oobleck questions Tali.

"I guess you could say, it's similar to Blake's answer," Tali replied. "There was much wrong, especially when it came to my people. the Quarians. We made a mistake in the past with the Geth and it caused so much bloodshed. We should have known what would have happened then and stopped there, but we didn't. So much blood and war..."

"Hmm..." Doc. Oobleck leaves a hum before zooming away leaving Blake with a troubled thought as Tali was there to comfort her.

*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

After scouring across the broken ruins of the city, everyone made it back together as one until I saw Ruby making practical use of her weapon and used a whole turkey to tease and make Zwei flip around. Where did Ruby even find a whole turkey around here? Nevermind that, but Ruby quickly sheathed her weapon when she spotted both me and Doc. Oobleck.

"Sorry... uh... Are we ready to keep going?" Ruby asked nervously.

"No, I believe that will have to do for today. It's going to be dark soon," Doc. Oobleck replied as he threw his bag to Yang as she caught it while making a sound. "You three, set up camp in that building. Oh, and please do make sure there are no more of those... creatures. Your leader, Garrus, Cmdr. Rose and I are going to secure the perimeter. Come you three."

"Grunt, Liara, Tali," I spoke to the three. "You three, stay here and help set up camp and take turns securing the perimeter."

"Yes, Cmdr." Liara agreed and left into the building with the other five. I walked with Urz as Zwei followed Ruby and Garrus as we all followed Doc. Oobleck around several corners until we got around a corner and saw an interesting sight.

"Whooooooa..." Ruby spoke with amazement in her voice. "What is that?! It looks awesome!"

"Damn, those are something else." Garrus agreed with Ruby. I was also impressed with the creature in front of us as there was at least a good six or seven of them walking in a line through the forest.

"That... is a Grimm." Doc. Oobleck replies as Ruby unsheathes Crescent Rose in sniper form.

"Let's kill it," Ruby suggested until Garrus lowered her weapon. "Garrus?"

"Think better, Ruby," Garrus told her as we all looked back onto the Grimm. "See how they look? Their hide and armor. If you took a shot, it wouldn't do a thing except agitating them. That is something we don't want."

"Mr. Vakarian is correct," Doc. Oobleck agreed with Garrus and his statement. "I'm afraid your sniper rifle would do nothing more than agitate a Grimm of that size."

"But what if it attacks us?" Ruby asked.

"Fret not, Ruby. Those Goliaths are not concerned with us," Doc. Oobleck assured Ruby. "Ruby, not every Grimm is mindless, or rather not every Grimm is still mindless."

"How so, Doctor?" Garrus questioned Doc. Oobleck's words.

"Weel, you see," Doc. Oobleck replies as he takes glances back and forth from the Goliaths and onto us. "The Grimm you all see before you are so powerful, so superior to the Grimm you fought, that they have undoubtedly lived hundreds of years. In that time, between killing humans and attacking our borders they've done one important thing..."

"That is... what?" Ruby asked.

"They have learned." I replied as I watched one Goliath looking into our direction.

"Exactly!" Doc. Oobleck agreed with my answer. "They've learned once they attack our borders, they are likely to die, and what we lack in strength, we make up for in will."

"Don't forget numbers also." Garrus added in.

"In most situations, that is also the correct answer," Doc. Oobleck agrees with Garrus as the Goliath that looked our way walked with the rest. "And killing one human will only bring more."

"Then... Why are they still close to the city?" Ruby asked the big question for this investigation, well Doc. Oobleck's investigation. "What are they doing?"

"Waiting." Doc. Oobleck replied as he turns away and walks into the city. The rest of us holstered our weapons as we followed the good doctor.

"Doctor Oobleck?" Ruby calls out to Doc. Oobleck. "I was wondering..."

"Wondering why I've been interrogating your teammates and NMDY all day?" Doc. Oobleck replied which I was also curious.

"Actually, I was wondering..." Ruby spoke to Doc. Oobleck. "Why did you want to become a Huntsman?"

"Look around and tell me what you all see." Doc. Oobleck replies while gesturing to the surrounding ruins.

"Lots of old buildings... uhh... empty streets..." Ruby replies what she sees.

"The destruction from an overwhelming enemy force." Garrus speaks his answer, but he wasn't wrong.

"Hundreds of lives that could have been saved..." I spoke my answer.

"Precisely the correct answer, Cmdr." Doc. Oobleck took my answer as he looked around. He began walking as we followed behind. "I see lives that could have been saved. As a Huntsman, it is my job to protect the people and although I am capable of doing it with traditional weaponry, I believe I can make a much larger impact if I do it with my mind. As a teacher, I'm able to take knowledge, the most powerful weapon of them all, and place it into the hands of every student that passes through me classroom."

As we continued to walk through the ruins of the once great city, I can see how many lives that should have been saved but didn't make it. This just reminds me more and more of the destruction left by the Reapers. The scale isn't that big, but it just reminds me of such.

"I look at this wasteland and see lives that could have been saved," Doc. Oobleck continued. "But I also see an opportunity. An opportunity to study these ruins and learn from this tragedy, and therefore, become stronger. I am a Huntsman, Ruby, because there is nothing else in this world I would rather be."

Doc. Oobleck walks away as we followed.

"Now, Garrus, Cmdr. Rose," Doc. Oobleck spoke up to us. "What are your stories? Why choose your profession?"

"My profession?" Garrus wonders as he spoke. "I wanted to be just like my father. He was head of C-Sec on the Citadel, and he was always on the news whenever he makes an arrest or after a big bust. I joined C-Sec so I could be like him, but... things didn't go how I thought they would. Rising through the ranks I was held down with more rules and regulations followed by red tape. I wanted to help people, but I couldn't because it wasn't protocol. It shouldn't matter how I do it as long as it gets the job done. That could have been phrased differently, but I want to help take care dealing with the enemy."

"My story?" I said as I knew Ruby was listening to me more. "I guess you can say, to get stronger and protect those I care about. When I was taken from my family years ago, I was scared. I didn't know what would happen. I didn't know if I was able to return back home to my family, but I made a choice. The longer I stayed in the dimension, I would use that time to get stronger and use that strength to protect my family and loved ones."

"I see..." Doc. Oobleck said as we continued walking. "We should return back to everyone at camp."

~Makeshift Camp~

*Narrator POV*

Meanwhile, back at the makeshift camp made by WBY, Liara, Tali, and Grunt made camp within the ruined building as a campfire was in the middle as either the members sat near the fire or stood up while Grunt was on guard for now.

"I can't believe we didn't find anything." Yang says out loud while sounding disappointed.

"We've always been fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time," Blake says while looking at her teammate. "I guess we can't always have luck on our side."

"No one's ever lucky." Grunt makes a statement.

"We are merely going on from what we heard from the meeting," Liara adds in as she stood by Weiss. "It wasn't specific, but it was something."

The moment was silent until Weiss broke it.

"That's not what I meant." Weiss randomly says which got most of everyone confused.

"What are you talking about?" Tali asked Weiss for clarification.

"Earlier, about... upholding the legacy," Weiss clarified. "There's more to it than that."

"Yeah... No, me too," Yang agrees as she didn't know herself. "I mean... I don't know."

"I don't know either," Blake agrees before looking at her teammates. "I know what I want to do, but I figured I'd always take things one step at a time."

"Well, it doesn't matter," Yang speaks. "We know why we're here... Right?"

Everyone stood in silence until Doc. Oobleck zooms right into the room.

"Ah, wonderful!" Doc. Oobleck speaks breaking the silence while looking at the fire. "A textbook campfire!"

Soon after, Ruby, Garrus and Cmdr. Rose come walking in with Zwei and Urz in tow.

"Fire!" Ruby exclaims as she kneels down as she warms up next to the fire with Zwei. "So... warm..."

"A bit dramatic, but okay." (Y/N) states the observation and chuckles to himself.

"Very good. Eat your dinners and hurry to bed," Doc. Oobleck tells the two teams." We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow, and we will need you to take turns keeping watch over our temporary abode. Any volunteers for the first watch?"

"Yo!" Ruby and Garrus volunteered as Doc. Oobleck raced away to find a place to sleep for the night. Ruby gets up and walks over with Garrus and Zwei following.

"Hey," Yang spoke to Ruby as she passed by. "Did Oobleck ask you why you wanted to be a Huntress? I mean... What did you tell him?"

"Hmm... No, he didn't," Ruby replied. "Weird. Oh well, goodnight guys!"

As Ruby and Garrus left for watch, Yang lays down onto her mat as Grunt sits on the ground and falls asleep. (Y/N) lays on the wall as Liara and Tali fall asleep in (Y/N)'s arms while Weiss and Blake huddle close to (Y/N) and tries to fall asleep but failed to do so. Urz lays over (Y/N)'s legs and falls asleep as the three girls wondered why they were here. Ruby and Garrus look out onto the broken ruins as Zwei comes over. The howl of the Beowolves frighten the little corgi as both Ruby and Garrus pet Zwei.

"Don't worry," Ruby assured the little corgi. "Things will be better tomorrow."

~Timeskip an Hour~

*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

I felt as if an hour went by as I was sleeping with my girls. It was an uncomfortable sleeping moment, that I mean sleeping against a wall, but at least I was a pillow for my girls and Urz. Oh, what glorious night I am having. I would have slept longer until Yang's voice woke some of us up, but I pretended I was still sleeping.

"Blake, are you awake?" Yang spoke up

"Yeah." Blake replied.

"Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?" Yang questioned as she rolled around towards us.

"Maybe he was just curious." Blake suggested the idea.

"You think?" Yang asked.

"No..." Blake replied as Yang laid back down.

"Weiss, are you awake?" Yang now turned her question to Weiss.

"Of course I'm awake!" Weiss softly snaps at Yang. "You two are talking, and I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's legacy, I meant it, but... it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral-gray area."

"That's putting it lightly," Blake states as I slightly pinched her waist. "OW!"

"Be nice, Blake." I told her.

"Wait, Little Bro, you're awake?" Yang asked me.

"Yes, I'm awake, you three are talking," I replied. "And I'm not the only one."

Liara and Tali both raised their hands as Grunt had one eye open.

"Sorry, guys." Yang apologized.

"It's fine," I assured my sister. "Weiss, continue..."

"Which is why I feel like need to make things right," Weiss continued. "If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything, and I wouldn't have met (Y/N). My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it."

After Weiss said all that, I moved my arms around and typed away on my Omni-tool and sent a message to Kasumi to get information and dirt on the SDC and Jacques Schnee.

"All my life, I fought for what I thought was right," Blake began her story as she looked up onto the ceiling. "I had a partner named Adam..."

"Your ex?" I questioned.

"Yes, well... more like a mentor, actually," Blake corrected as she continued. "He always assured me what we were doing would make the world a better place, but of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be not perfect for everyone. I joined the academy because I knew Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good, but I never really thought past that. When I leave the academy... What will I... How can I undo so many years of hate?"

"Blake, you're not going to do that alone," I told her as she looked at me. "Remember what I said to you many times?"

"That you would help build the bridge between humans and faunus," Blake reminded everyone of my promise. "I know you are going to help, but how? How can we fix all those hated years?"

"I'm sure you both will figure it out," Yang told us. "Blake, you're not one to back down from a challenge."

"But I am! I do it all the time," Blake said as she lists down every time she ran. "When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran. Even my Semblance... I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself... an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away."

"This time... you're not running away," I told her as I held her hand in mine. "Because we are going to make a difference."

"At least you two have something that drives you," Yang tells Weiss and Blake. "I've just always... gone with the flow, you know? That's fine, I mean that's who I am, but how long can I do that for? I want to be a Huntress... Not really because I want to be a hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I don't know what tomorrow will bring, and that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby; she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she dreamt about being like the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day, while never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today."

"Well, she's still just a kid." Weiss mentioned.

"She's only two years younger," Blake added. "We're all kids..."

"Eh ehem..." I cleared my throat as everyone looked at me. "Not all of us are kids. Meaning Grunt, Liara, Garrus, and Tali. I may be the same age as Yang, but my mental mind still thinks as I I'm still 29."

"Well, not anymore. For us really," Yang said. "I mean, look where we are. In the middle of a warzone and armed to the teeth..."

I cleared my throat again as I gestured to most of us.

"Oh, right..." Yang said to the side.

"It's the life we chose." Blake says which was true.

"It's a job," Weiss mentions the job side of the deal. "We all had this romanticized vision of being a Huntress in our heads, but at the end of the day it's a job to protect the people, and whatever we want, will have to come second."

"Ain't that the damn truth," I said. "Pretty much sounds like being a Spectre."

"How is that anyway?" Yang asked me. "Being a Spectre? Must've been tough to train for."

"That's the thing, Yang," I corrected her about the Spectres. "Spectres aren't trained. They are chosen. Forged in the fires of experience and combat and recognized for their accomplishments and heroism. As a Spectre, I am the first and last line of defense. Sure I have this power over law enforcement and the military, but I still obey the Council regardless. Now, let's all try getting some more sleep, okay?"

With that everyone, went to sleep as Yang and Grunt switched shifts with Garrus and Ruby for the two to get some rest. I fell back asleep with my girls following in suit.

*Ruby Rose POV*

I was sleeping soundly until Zwei woke me up as he barked a bit.

"Ah, Zwei it's late. Go back to bed," I told him as I yawned and tried falling back to sleep, but Zwei runs off. "Zwei! Zwei! Ugh!"

I slowly and quietly get up and looked around at everyone still asleep and Big Brother being smothered by Liara, Tali, Weiss, and Blake. Wow, Big Brother has a lot of girlfriends. I grabbed Crescent Rose and quietly ran out of the building to try finding Zwei.

"Zwei... Zwei, where are you?" I whispered as I looked around trying to find him until I found him peeing on a pole. "Ugh, Zwei! This is a wasteland! You literally could have done that anywhere."

Zwei walked over as I picked him up and he barked a bit, but I heard a voice.

"What was that?" I heard a voice and hid around the corner with Zwei. I peeked around and saw the White Fang.

"What was what?" One of the guards asked.

"I thought I heard a Beowolf or something." The other guard answered.

"Hmph... Let's just finish our patrol and get back to base," The guard told him as they walked away. "This place gives me the creeps."

I was about to move until I felt someone grab my shoulder and saw it was Garrus. I moved my head over to the White Fang and Garrus noticed. The three of us snuck behind the two guards as they walked down the street until they passed one corner and I held up Zwei.

"Did they go in yet?" I asked Zwei. "One bark means yes."

The echo of the closing door was heard, but Zwei barked once to make sure. I dropped Zwei onto the ground.

"Ah, this is it! This is it!" I cheered quietly as I pulled out my scroll and tried calling my team and Big Brother, but I was given "Low Signal." Aww, man! Garrus, any luck?"

"Ahh, damn it," Garrus said as he tried. "Something is blocking communications. We should head back to the others. We have the location."

"Right!" I agreed with Garrus as we left until part of the street started collapsing under us. I was falling, but I was grabbed by Garrus as I caught Zwei before he fell and threw him up. Garrus tried lifting us up, but the piece we held on to broke off and we were falling.

"Hold onto me, Ruby!" Garrus shouted as I grabbed a hold onto him as he held me in case we hit something. After hitting the sides of the walls, we finally hit the ground as Garrus had his back on the ground. "Ruby, are you okay?"

"Y-Y-Yeah, th-thanks, G-Garrus," I replied as my face was heating up a bit being so close to Garrus. We both got up and dusted ourselves until we saw an underground city. "Whoa... An underground city?"

"This makes sense now." Garrus said which I was confused. "We were actually looking for an UNDERGROUND organization. I was shocked by the idea until a door opened up and we both saw two of the guards aiming at us.

"Freeze!" One of the guards told us. They walked forward towards us, and Garrus and I were walking backwards until we hit the edge.

"Where did they come from?" The other guard asked. I tried reaching around for Crescent Rose, but I couldn't feel it. Oh no... It must have fell when I dropped.

"Ruby, when I tell you to run, you run to the door and get everyone." Garrus tells me.

"Garrus, I won't leave you." I said back.

"Ruby, you don't have a weapon and I have hand-to-hand combat," Garrus replies back. "Trust me, everyone needs to know about the underground organization. Now, GO!"

Garrus ran forward and fought the two guards until more showed up. I tried using my Semblance, but I was clotheslined by one of the guards. My mind was beginning to get fuzzy, but I heard Garrus get angry and saw some of the White Fang falling and not getting up until Garrus was tackled and tied up.

"G-G-Garrus..." I softly spoke as I tried reaching out to him.

"The boss is gonna want to see this." One of the guards said and walked near me.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Garrus yelled at the guard. "Not for my sake, but for your lives! If you touch her, you're all dead by him."

Him? He doesn't mean Big Brother, right? The guard didn't listen and knocked me out.

~Makeshift Camp~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

I barely woke up as everyone else, minus Yang and Grunt, slept and I saw Yang stretching before walking over towards Weiss and Liara.

"Hey Weiss, Liara, it's your--" Yang was about to talk until noticing something wrong. "Ruby? Hey, where's Ruby?"

"Not just her," Grunt added and looked over where Garrus was supposed to be. "Garrus isn't here."

"What?" Doc. Oobleck and I questioned in unison as everyone was getting up. That was until Zwei came running in and was pulling onto my leg.

"Zwei? What's going on?" I asked him until he ran over and started pulling onto Urz's tail.

"What's going on?" Blake asked as we all stood up. I had an idea and grabbed my helmet and put it on while unsheathing my ASR.

"Grab your weapons," Doc. Oobleck told us. "Your leader and comrade may be in trouble."

"Zwei, show us the way." I told Zwei and he immediately runs out as we all followed the running corgi. As we followed Zwei, I couldn't help but be worried about Ruby.

"(Y/N)," Liara spoke to me. "I know you are worried about Ruby, but don't forget Garrus is with her."

"I know, I just can't help but be worried as her brother," I replied until we saw Crescent Rose on the ground. I kneeled down and picked it up. "Crescent Rose..."

"Oh no... (Y/N)..." Tali said as I was getting more worried. Until Grunt and Weiss looked down the hole.

"That's a long drop." Grunt stated as he looked down.

"Do you think she fell?" Weiss questioned as Doc. Oobleck zoomed over to the two.

"Fell?!" Doc. Oobleck questioned a bit confused as the three looked down.

"Down there." Grunt replied.

"Oh my," Doc. Oobleck says while I held Crescent Rose and both Liara and Tali with Yang tired calming my worries. Urz whined a bit and Blake, undoubtedly, pet Urz's head. "Of course... Of course, of course, of course!"

This made me almost drop Crescent Rose as I caught it mid-air.

"Keelah! What is it?" Tali asked Doc. Oobleck startled as I was.

"How could I be so stupid?" Doc. Oobleck questioned without answering Tali.

"Doctor Oobleck, what is the matter?" Liara asked the Doctor.

"Mountain Glenn!" Doc. Oobleck replied as he zoomed right into us. "Yes, an expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by the creatures of Grimm! Previously home to thousands of people! Working people commuting to the city, the main city! Developing a subway system to the inner city! Grimm attacks increase! Population in danger, now desperately searching for shelter! City evacuates into metro tunnels, and what do they find?!"

"The southeast quadrant of Vale is known for wild forests... and DEEP CAVES!!!" I replied getting the idea even further. "Oh my God, why didn't I even think about that?!"

"Little Bro, what are you saying?" Yang asked me until Liara and Tali pieced it together.

"We weren't just looking for an underground crime network..." Tali replied.

"It was an actual UNDERGOUND crime network!" Liara finished the answer. "By the Goddess, we should have seen this."

"They've been working in caves?!" Blake got the idea, slightly.

"No, no, Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion," Doc. Oobleck clarified the idea. "It worked for a short period of time, thanks to aggressive perimeter defense and unique transportation. The city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens from the new territory into the main kingdom. Sadly, without the many barriers Vale had to help protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start."

"Yeouch... That's a shit storm." I said which was true.

"That's putting it lightly, but yes," Doc. Oobleck agreed and continued as we all huddled around the hole in the ground. "As the end drew near, the citizens of the territory made one final attempt at survival. They took up shelter beneath the city, in the massive caves they had cleared out for the subway, and they had cut themselves off from the surface."

"An underground village?" Yang asked which sounded farfetched in matter of comparison.

"In a matter of speaking, yes, a safe haven." Doc. Oobleck agreed with the slight comparison.

"That wasn't the case here." Grunt said.

"Grunt is correct," Doc. Oobleck agreed with Grunt as he explained further. "That was until... an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern... filled with subterranean Grimm."

"By the Goddess..." Liara said getting what happened next. "The people didn't make it."

"They were ambushed by the Grimm after the explosion." Tali furthered the thought.

"After that, the kingdom officially sealed off the tunnels," Doc. Oobleck continued. "Creating..."

"The world's largest tomb." I finished Doc. Oobleck as we gazed into the hole.

"Precisely, and if Ruby and Garrus are down there," Doc, Oobleck spoke as he deploys Antiquity's Roast in flamethrower mode, and I switched over to the N7 Crusader. "We must find them."

I cocked my shotgun and jumped first into the hole.

"Garrus, Ruby," I thought as I was falling into the hole. "Please be safe until we get to you."

--------------------------------------------- [End of Chapter 12] ------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 1.7K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...
16.1K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
1.7K 82 5
Jaune Arc, weak, scraggly, and overall unimpressive these sorts of views weren't new not by any means all his life he'd heard this being one of the w...
35K 286 21
A boy by the name (Y/N) Stone and his sister Ashley had lost their parents at a difficult time. (Y/N) had just started going to Beacon Academy and ha...