something imperfect || isabel...

By hiraethkomorebi

"Well then, maybe you really don't have a choice. But let's say around me, you have. Be imperfect ! I'll be t... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ !
01. welcome to the family Hermoza
02. hanging out with your favorite Madrigal
03. the donkey plushie
04. girls night at the Madrigals (well not really)
05. sleepovers are for mental breakdowns
06. sparkles
07. escaping work
08. Isabela's gift
09. the ceremony
10. living the celebrity life
11. it's raining hugs
12. delivery day
13. being a responsible adult
14. time for dinner
15. the hilarious breaking of Mariano's nose
16. that's Bruno
17. knock on wood
18. a hurricane of jacarandas
19. calling for Mirabel
20. surviving your very very serious wound
21. a butterfly
22. the right one
23. an apology
24. about confessions
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Dᴏʟᴏʀᴇs Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
25. flower field
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Lᴜɪsᴀ & Mɪʀᴀʙᴇʟ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Cᴀᴍɪʟᴏ & Aɴᴛᴏɴɪᴏ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
27. kidnapping
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Pᴇᴘᴀ & Aʟᴍᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
28. family picture
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Aɢᴜsᴛɪ́ɴ & Fᴇ́ʟɪx Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
29. the tale of the nine bells
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Isᴀʙᴇʟᴀ & Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
30. Jorge
31. an idiot
32. second family
33. kiss goodnight
34. sisters
35. family dinner
36. married in a hurricane (of joy!😀)
Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛs
Rᴇsᴜʟᴛs : Nᴇxᴛ Bᴏᴏᴋ

26. the good vision

4.1K 183 31
By hiraethkomorebi

"So how was the date ?" Your mother randomly brings up during dinner, making you stop eating for a minute.

"Hmm, I'm a mess. I went full Mariano mode for a moment, like, I said very poetic things. Then I cried, because I was very emotional. And also, my flower crown ended up really ugly."

The table, that was already quiet, became silent as everyone stopped eating. Bruno timidly scoffs next to you before talking.

"So it was a success ?"

"Yeah ! Isabela likes her back !" Dolores blurts out, squeaking when you nudge her playfully, a smirk evident on your face. Everyone bursts in an explosion of diverse exclamations.

"YOOOOOO !" Lucía claps, almost standing up to dance around the table, but a glare from your mother dissuades her.

"I'm so happy for you, (Y/n) !" She then says as Lucía crosses her arms, mocking her glare.

"Congratulations, mija." Your father smiles proudly.

"Great, great. Good for you, kid." Bruno pats your hand, already back to eating.

"You still love me, right ?" Jorge asks, exaggeretedly pouting. You roll your eyes.

"Of course not."

"When can we meet her ? We should invite her for dinner some time." Your mother propose, and everyone agrees without even wondering if you're okay with it. You don't mind, but you'll have to see when Isabela is available and if she wants to meet your family.

"I'll cook !" You exclaim, making everyone except clueless Bruno protest loudly. You sulk, sinking into your chair to show your dissatisfaction.

"Eat your vegetables, hermana." Jorge orders, still mad you joked about not loving him anymore.

"eAt YoUr vEgeTabLeS, hErManA." You mock him, making him smile.

"Seriously, though. Eat your vegetables, (Y/n)." Your mother says, and you immediately grab your fork.

You knew better than to disobey Beatriz Hermoza.

___

"Hey, kid."

You frantically scream as Bruno appears behind you, almost dropping your toothbrush. "Oh, hi Bruno. Fancy seeing you here."

He laughs, sitting on the edge of the bathtube behind you as you resume brushing your teeth. You had eaten all your vegetables at dinner, so now you had to get this awful taste out of your mouth as soon as possible.

"I wanted to tell you about something, now that I know everything's going fine between you and Isabela."

You look at him in the mirror. He looked nervous. "You may proceed."

"See, my visions aren't always bad. I told you I saw you in Isabela's dream life, and you thought you were friends. I think...uh..."

You had turned around, having finished brushing your teeth, and leaned your back on the sink, crossing your arms as you waited for his answer. It made him nervous, and stop talking to play with the hem of his ruana.

"You said it wasn't bad, right ? So why are you so scared to tell me ?"

"Oh, I'm just not used to give good visions, so it's always a bit stressful telling people, no matter what it says. Don't worry, I'll be okay."

You look at his small smile suspiciously, but shrug it off anyway. You sure hoped it was genuine.

"So ! What I wanted to say... You weren't exactly 'friend' with Isabela in her vision, you were more than that. Oh, unless friends kiss each other. I guess you don't know, with this generation..."

You didn't listen to what was following (Bruno rambling about how he didn't understand why teenagers liked to eat rocks, a blatant lie he was told by Camilo who he caught spitting some pebbles out after the younger had tripped and fell face first into the gravel), instead choosing to stare blankly at the wall, smiling like a maniac. It was a great occupation. You were dating Isabela in the vision of her dream life. If that was in Isabela's vision, it meant everything would go well, right ? You took Bruno's hands and shook then energetically. 

"Thanks, Bruno. See, your visions aren't a bad thing at all."

He nods, stunned by your reaction, and you run out of the bathroom to join Dolores in your bed and tell her everything.

"Ayo." You kick the door open, delicately because you don't want your mom screaming, and enter your room, finding Dolores waiting for you, sat on your bed with a smug smile.

"I happen to have been passing by the bathroom while you were talking with my Tío Bruno." She raises an eyebrow as you sigh. You thought you could finally surprise her with good news, but even now that she didn't have her gift, she found a way to hear everything.

She wasn't even surprised when you basically tackled her in a hug earlier and told her about Isabela liking you. She was already sure of it.

"So I guess we're not kidnapping my cousin." She sighs, then narrows her eyes at your pensive expression. "It was a joke, (Y/n). We are not kidnapping Isabela."

"Alright, alright." You plop yourself on your bed, face in your pillow. "Since we're not doing crime tonight, I'll just go to sleep. Don't talk to me."

___

"AYO ! (Y/n)'s back in the game !" Camilo yells as you execute a weird dance, moving your arms around to show you were fully healed.

You were not, not exactly, but almost. It still hurt a bit, but Julieta had judged you could start helping at the construction site. Your mother had accepted, under one condition : someone had to be watching you didn't work too much. You had protested, of course, saying you weren't a baby, to which your father answered you managed to start crying because someone told you they liked you. You gave up eventually.

How delighted were you when you were told none other than Camilo was in charge of watching you for the morning !The both of you had exchanged evil gazes, making Dolores shiver in apprehension, before running off to start working.

Needless to say, you didn't do much since the beginning. Camilo kept dropping his shovel, and the both of you ended up doing weird victory poses everytime you succeeded in doing something.

"So, you're dating my prima now." The boy suddenly speaks as you had calmed down and started working seriously. You scoff, surprised by his sudden affirmation.

"Yeah. Isabela told you ? I mean, she had the time ?"

You both had gone home in the evening after a whole day of doing flower crowns and walking in the forest, so you assumed Isabela directly headed to her temporary shelter.

"Girl, she told everyone in the familia. She was at my door yesterday night, at eleven, to do the great announcement." He giggles. "You're famous."

"I was always famous."

"Right, I forgot. Anyway, I trust you and everything, you know ? Don't hurt Isa."

You look at him with a wide grin. He scratches his neck, embarrassed. "Aww, Camilo, that's so cute !"

He clicks his tongue, annoyed. He already knew you would react this way. "I'm trying to be serious here, (Y/n)."

"Don't you worry. I love Isabela, I have no intention to hurt her in any way. You know that, don't you ?"

"Yeah, I know you." He gives you a trustful smile, before frowning, deep in thought. "Who I don't know that well, though, is Mariano."

"He's a dumbass, but he's sweet. That all you gotta know."

He looks at you with narrowed eyes. You return his gaze. The same idea popping up in your minds.

"Protect Dolores squad, assemble." You both say in sync, letting a silence where you nod at each other understandingly float before going back to work. You were busy, you'd have to execute your plan later.

___
words : 1275

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 616 16
╰┈➤ "I can never get enough of the butterflies she brings to my stomach with one glance." *ೃ༄ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝟭𝟱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼�...
42.5K 1K 19
"Your as precious as a flower, mi amor~" "Who taught you that one? Camilo?" "No, Mi vida, my love grows for you each day" "Your such a flirt Isabela...
20.4K 371 34
You are an 18-year-old girl that has a Massive crush on one of your madrigal friends but it seems like the world wants to stop you. When you finally...
15.6K 243 11
Your gift is to control flames, but it's an incredibly destructive power, so your Abuela Alma got angry at you one day. She fussed about how you coul...