Heartbroken Desires

By ReveOnceLink

Bae Irene, a professor at a prestigious university in Korea, has a painful past that has left her with unforg... More

Welcome!
The Past
The Night [E]
The Feeling
The Desire
The Transferee
The Memories
The Doubt
The Confession
The Inference
The Admission
The End [E]

The Club

2.3K 132 112
By ReveOnceLink

Saying yes to the club might be a mistake for Irene was an understatement.

As she reached her apartment after half an hour of driving, she felt like crashing down on her bed and sleeping off the tiredness from the day.

However, Irene was a person who kept her word, so she grudgingly went to her bathroom and showered under cold water. Wearing the bathrobe, she came out and opened her closet, looking for something suitable for a club.

It had been years since she last went to a proper club with someone else.

Rummaging through the rows of her clothes, she finally pulled out a white off-shoulder top and paired it with black-fitting jeans. Deciding to keep her hair loose and wavy, she wore minimal make-up and wore a small pendant as the accessory.

Picking up her shoulder bag for the evening, she closed the door of her bedroom and walked towards her shoe rack. She picked up her fanciest shoes in the closet, a pair of black stilettos, and wore them, tapping the heel on the floor to adjust.

Deciding to keep the lights on for the main room, Irene walked out of her apartment and locked it safely. On the way down through the elevator, she booked a cab for herself.

Knowing she would be drunk, it wasn't safe to drive at night.

With a ding, the elevator door opened and she stepped out of it. Speeding up to the front door, she waited for her cab to come. Her phone buzzed in her bag and she pulled it out.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey, Irene. Where are you? We all are waiting for you to come so that we can get this party started, "Eunwoo shouted from another side.

Irene flinched at his loud voice as she kept her phone away from her ear. She could hear the deafening club music booming through the speakers. She raised her voice and replied, "I'm coming in thirty minutes. You all can start without me."

She heard a scoff from the other side, saying, "No way. You're coming and then only we're celebrating. Right, guys?"

The crowd shouted a yes in chorus and Irene almost threw her phone because of how loud it was there. Nevertheless, she cracked a smile at her colleagues' sweetness.

"Okay, then I'll try to hurry up, "she replied and hung up afterward.

Truth to be told, Irene didn't hate her fellow professors. She just wasn't used to closeness and sweetness from them. Not that she didn't like it, but her memories contrasted with her experiences and that kind of scared her to indulge in any kind of happiness fully.

After a few minutes of waiting, her cab arrived and she sat in. Giving him the address that Eunwoo shared with her, Irene was standing in front of the club in twenty minutes.

"Oh, " Irene lifted her head to see a neon light above the entrance showing The Luxe.

It was pretty much the basic club outlook with a standoffish front door and bulky bouncer standing there. Irene walked forward and showed him her identity.

"Enjoy the evening, ma'am, "the bouncer said in his gruff voice at which Irene gave him a courteous nod.

Entering the club, the strong scent of alcohol and the boisterous music invaded her senses. The low lighting with a few flashing neon colors made her squint her eyes and she looked around to find her group.

Irene noticed that the crowd was wild and there was no way she would find her group in that. So, she pulled out her phone to call Eunwoo and pick her up, however she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Huh?" Irene turned around to see Eunwoo standing there with his signature smile.

"Nice to see you outside the uni, Irene. Let's go! People are waiting for you, "Eunwoo said with his cheery tone and gestured for her to follow him.

Thankfully, Irene didn't get lost in between as she tried her best to keep up with the pace of the business professor. After a few moments, they reached the bar counter of the club. Irene took in a deep breath after getting herself almost suffocated in the crowd.

"Hey, Irene!" Yujun said as she lunged forward to pull Irene in a tight hug.

"Oof! Uh, hey, Yujun, "Irene replied while returning the hug, awkwardly.

"Now, that Irene is here. Let's get this party started!" Seojun uproared as the crew followed his pursuit.

Irene just smiled while standing there and looking at the floor. Suddenly, Yujun pulled her closer and shoved her towards the counter as she put her arm around her shoulder.

"Let's get some alcohol in our systems. After working as professors, we at least have the privilege to get drunk, "she said and flagged down the bartender.

"Get us twelve shots of vodka."

The bartender nodded and Irene instantly looked at her, trying to say that she couldn't handle vodka but Yujun was relentless. She wasn't the one to hear and Irene didn't have the energy to argue.

The bartender put a tray of twelve shot glasses in front of them and each of them picked their glasses. Irene hesitantly reached for hers as she heaved a deep sigh. Why did I say yes again?

"To Yujun and her fiancee!" everyone cheered as Yujun giggled beside Irene.

Irene raised her glass slightly. Yujun clinked her glass with hers as she downed her shot and gasped out loud with satisfaction.

"Ooh! Irene drink yours too!" Yujun said as she saw Irene staring at the glass in her hand.

Irene gave her a nod and brought the shot near her lips. Inhaling the fragrance, she scrunched up her nose and finally tipped the glass. The searing liquid burned down her throat as she rested her glass on the counter, shutting her eyes and hating the aftertaste.

"Ugh..." she grunted and opened her eyes.

"That's it, girl! You deserve a little break, "Yujun said while slapping her palm on Irene's back.

Irene coughed a little before a smile crept on her lips. She stood straight and leaned away from the counter, slowly feeling the alcohol kicking into her system. Yujun shouted at the bartender asking for a new round of vodka shots.

"Let's go! It's all on me!" she said and the group cheered even more lively.

This time Irene didn't hesitate, she gulped her shot in one go and found the tense muscles in her body relaxing. Her mind felt a little dizzy now as she felt the bubbling giddiness inside her.

It felt surreal, but surely a nice change.

"Who wants to dance?" Seojun asked and the crowd shouted a yes in response.

Eunwoo waited back as he looked at Irene and asked, "Do you wanna come?"

Irene politely shook her head, replying, "No, I'm fine here. You go and enjoy."

Eunwoo nodded and disappeared into the crowd before glancing one more time at her. Irene turned around as she called the bartender for another drink.

"One whiskey on rocks, please, "she ordered.

Resting her forearms on the counter, the blasting bass of the music was pumping the adrenaline in her. Irene felt lightheaded and found her problems a bit far away from her reach. She liked this feeling.

The feeling of not having the burden on her chest.

"Here's your drink, ma'am, "the bartender pushed a whiskey glass in front of her.

Irene picked up the glass and sipped on the liquid, loving the feeling of warm alcohol in her system. A beaming smile formed on her face as she eyed the whiskey in the glass.

"Mmm."

Taking out her phone, she started surfing on social media. Randomly liked the posts of strangers and followed the dog club, even though she was scared of animals. Time flew by as she just scrolled through her phone, not minding the crowd around.

Suddenly, someone stumbled beside her and tapped the counter. Irene heard the most harmonious laugh ever and saw the hands of the person almost touching hers.

"Pass me a water bottle, Ryan, "Irene swore she never heard a voice so sweet yet resonating.

Out of sheer curiosity, she turned her head to look and check who was the one that got over her mind and found herself speechless.

Beautiful.

It was the thought that crossed Irene's mind without any doubt. The girl beside her was slightly taller than her and her aura was inviting. Irene was carefully gazing at her when the girl tucked her hair behind her ear.

Wait... Do I know her?

Irene bit the insides of her cheek while trying to pinpoint the face. She was sure that she had seen the girl, not once but many times before. The question was, was she correct?

Going through the lists of the names in her head, she concluded that the girl was her student from the university. Different names and faces popped up in her mind, but she was determined to get it right.

"Y/N?" she blurted out her answer and it was enough for the girl to hear.

The girl turned her head to the side and Irene's breath hitched slightly in her throat. She didn't know that such a stunning girl studied at her university.

"Miss Bae? Wow, what a surprise, "the girl, Y/N, said and gave her a broad smile.

Irene returned the smile and nodded in response, saying, "Yes, it's me. Safe to say, I'm surprised too."

Y/N chuckled and Irene's heart skipped a beat.

"Well, I was here with my friends. We are celebrating one of our birthdays. How about you?" Y/N asked, leaning forward in the conversation.

Irene felt a sense of excitement at the gesture. Being the professor of Behavioral Science, Irene knew what that meant. Y/N was interested and genuinely too.

She picked up her glass in one hand and swirled the ice lazily as she looked at Y/N with a charming smile.

Was she trying to flirt with her student? Absolutely.

"We are here to celebrate too, "she answered.

"What's that?" Y/N asked, her eyes dilating a little while they traced Irene's face.

"Oh, it's Yujun's engagement. She brought us here for the celebration, "Irene replied, coyly.

Where is this coming from?

She thought inwardly but was enjoying it.

"Miss Jeon is engaged? I didn't know that "Y/N said, her eyebrows raised in astonishment.

Irene nodded, saying, "Mhmm, she is. Her boyfriend proposed to her yesterday."

She knew she was sharing too much, however, she didn't care. She wanted this conversation going. Irene lifted her whiskey glass and put it in front of her mouth, slowly curling her lips around the rim.

Above the glass, her eyes noticed Y/N continuously staring at her or more like at her mouth. Irene smirked secretly, knowing that she had got Y/N entranced. She drank her drink dangerously slowly and seductively as she saw Y/N's face.

Y/N was blushing as she licked her lips and gulped visibly.

A few moments of tense silence were all Irene needed to confirm her desire. The alcoholic drink in her hand and the taut, sexual tension was slowly building and Irene could notice how Y/N's posture stiffened under her steady, impenetrable gaze.

"Excuse me, miss, "a steely voice from behind Y/N made her look behind.

Irene saw a man asking for some space and Y/N gave him an apology before sliding forward. "Yeah, sorry for that."

Y/N turned her head around to look at Irene but found herself at the loss of words. She was now standing oh so close to her professor, clearly invading each other's personal space.

Irene was now able to get a whiff of Y/N's lavender perfume that got mixed with the smell of alcohol, enough to make her crave the girl in front of her. She lifted her eyes and met with Y/N's to find her heart kicking with amazement.

Y/N's eyes were now deep-set dark as her cheeks were flushed red and her chest was heaving slightly at the proximity. Irene had an immense effect on her.

Wrapping her arm around Y/N's waist, Irene pulled her close as she heard a small audible gasp escaping from Y/N's lips. An iniquitous sense of satisfaction settled inside Irene and she reached forward to whisper in her ear.

"I want you. But, the question is do you want me as much I do?"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jeez. The tension. Well... What do you think is gonna happen next?

Believe it or not, you people expecting so much from this book made me worry if I did it right or not. 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1.1K 14
Romantic love that is not allowed for whatever reason - Social or religious restrictions, outdated ideas, the age difference is inappropriate, or som...
616K 11.8K 53
"Forbidden love provides happiness when there is no happiness." He is my teacher, i am his student. This is wrong but why does it feel so good? Love...
37.1K 2.5K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...