On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 52: Better Hurry

934 54 28
By noticeyoursenpaii

3RD PERSON'S POV

Classes already ended thirty minutes ago and Benkei along with Takeomi were walking inside the campus of another school, looking for their friend—Shinichiro when someone bumped into Benkei. He was about to react when he heard the voice of his friend apologize to him in a hurry. But the guy didn't even give him a glance as he continued to walk in a fast pace to a certain direction.

Curious, he called out to him.

"Yo, Wakasa! Where are you going??" Wakasa didn't bother to look at him but he managed to recognize the voice, aware that Benkei came to meet up with him and Shin. So he answered without giving it much thought.

"I need to meet someone quick. Don't wait for me." Wakasa then jogged on his way, feeling his heart race in fatigue and nervousness. For the whole day, he couldn't keep it out of his mind. The words that the girl told him.

'I'll be confessing to him today after class.'

He knows there's no need for him to check out who the guy is, considering the girl never told him about that guy that she liked for a while now. He doesn't understand the feeling he's having at the moment. Out of curiosity, ever since the bell rang for dismissal, he didn't waste a chance and immediately searched for the girl who apparently is nowhere in sight.

As the light haired man move farther, Benkei felt a weird feeling wash over him and he frowned as he watched his friend's figure disappear into the distance.

"Why do I feel odd about this?" Benkei nodded his head in agreement to Takeomi's remark.

"Let's go follow him." He said and Takeomi agreed. Both of them made their way to catch up with their friend who seem to be acting weird.

However, on Wakasa's side, he was still roaming around the school grounds when he passed by his usual spot where he would often stay to hide from the rest.

"You idiot!" He froze when he heard the girl's voice. The one who he's been looking for. Stopping on his tracks, he turned to check the place only for him to grow stiffened at the sight in front of him.

Y/N was standing right under the tree where he and she often standby.

But she wasn't alone.

Someone was standing along with her, caging her in his arms.

And that someone was none other than...

"Stop teasing me! Sano Shinichiro!" She squirmed from his hold and sent a punch on his stomach, causing the male to let go of her while crouching slightly in pain. However, something fell to the ground which caught Wakasa's attention.

"Ouch!! You're gonna ruin the gift!" Shinichiro quickly picked up the hand-sized box and blew the dirt away from it. "You didn't even sleep last night for this." He said, patting it softly with a smile on his face.

Wakasa felt his blood run cold in that instant as his body went cold with his face pale. He had recognised the box. It was the box that Y/N showed him earlier this morning when she told him that she'll be confessing to someone in the same day.

Piece by piece and dot by dot, Wakasa started to connect everything and make sense of it.

'Shinichiro?' He thought to himself, feeling his heart break at the sudden realization.

He didn't know what he was expecting. He didn't even try hoping for it to be him. But for some reason, it hurt him so much to see his bestfriend receive the love confession of the girl that he likes.

He had always thought that the two might have something between each other, considering how close they are. But he never thought, it'll be this painful once he witnessed it in person. He can feel needles poking at his heart as he watch the two who failed to notice his presence and continued to bicker with each other which came out as something sweet in his perspective... only to bring it a bitter smile on his lips.

"So, it really is him, huh Y/N?" He chuckled to himself as he looked down to the ground, getting a good feel of the breaking of his heart.

The feeling he's feeling now is just the same as when his mother passed away. The feeling of losing someone. And he knew in that moment, that he did not only lose in a rivalry... but he also lost someone he had wanted to treasure in his whole life as someone more special.

'Was it because I didn't show her enough of my emotions like Shinichiro did?' He thought to himself as he clench his fists. He can't help but blame himself for not being expressive enough to show her that he likes her. Then would he have stood a chance against someone like Shin?

'Of course, not.' He answered to his own self, gritting his teeth. 'I can never compete with someone like him anyway.'

He raised his head once again only to see the two teasing each other and still not able to notice him standing there not too far from them. Feeling his mood go straight down, he took a step back. He can already feel the burning feeling in his eyes as it starts to get watery at the sight of them. He was experiencing a mix of emotions but his sadness and anger dominated in him the most.

He didn't even notice the two figures approaching him who stopped the moment he started to walk away without giving them a glance.

"Oi Wakasa! Where are you going?" Benkei once again called but Wakasa ignored him and turned around a corner, leaving them baffled at his behavior. When Benkei was about to take a step forward to follow him, Takeomi was quick to stop him.

"Let him be, Benkei." Takeomi said but he wasn't looking at the direction where Wakasa disappeared. His eyes were glued to the two people now approaching them when they heard Benkei's voice. "I think he needs some time alone." When Benkei noticed the two, realization was quick to hit him. The two of them knew in an instant what had happened, considering how Wakasa's negative aura is pouring out visibly. Benkei immediately got Takeomi's message and nod his head.

"Wakasa? He was here?" Y/N asked curiously while eyeing their surrounding. As soon as they neared them, the dark haired man raised a brow. The both of them instantly noticing the girl's red and puffy eyes as she look around.

They might not know the exact reason but they know that the girl had been crying alone with Shinichiro. And they can only imagine what Wakasa witnessed in that moment.

"You didn't notice?"

"Well... I was kinda occupied at the moment so I really didn't pay attention to my surroundings." The girl answered while scratching the back of her neck guiltily. Her nose and cheeks are still reddish due to her crying state earlier yet she can only worry if Wakasa saw her in that state. She hoped that wasn't the case, feeling too ashamed to be crying over leaving for her father the next day.

After all, she still hasn't told him about it.

She was lucky to have Shinichiro by her side who she can let out her emotions to.

However...

She looked around once again, spotting no familiar light hair around. She's starting to worry that the guy might be going home now. She needed to hurry and confess to him quick before she regrets everything.

"I need to go look for someone! Bye, everyone!" She said while waving a hand on air, leaving the others who only watched her dash through the halls. Out of hurry, she didn't even get to retrieve the gift box from Shinichiro who only gaped at her retreating figure from afar.

Benkei can still recall everything clearly... even the memory after that where they witnessed how Wakasa shrugged her off of him when she was about to tell him everything. All of how her efforts went down the drain that day. And that was the time when Benkei felt sorry for the girl as she cried for the man who rejected her without bothering to listen to her words. Although he can understand why he was not in the mood that day, considering what he witnessed.

He wanted to tell Wakasa about it but after witnessing him getting hurt right after he found out that Y/N had already left, Benkei decided that it would be better off forgotten to make it easier for Waka... not until Y/N came back, that is.

Now that Y/N is speaking on the phone with him, explaining to him the situation, he felt pity for the both of them, knowing the two are struggling on their own even though they have been together for awhile now.

Unfortunately, the girl admitted how she thinks that the man would reject him.

"Y/N, I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Why don't you just talk to him about it first? Maybe you two can work things out." He said, trying not to spill any information about Wakasa's plan for her. He's pitying the girl for she doesn't know a thing about the man's feelings for her.

"I'm scared, Benkei." She answered and bit her lip to control her emotions. "I know he doesn't like me that way. I'm aware of it. I just—" She paused for a moment, not knowing what to say. She's not sure of anything anymore especially when the man is acting confusingly towards her. It's giving her mixed signals and it's hurting her more, knowing she's convinced that he'll never be hers.

"I don't think I can handle it if he tells it to me directly." Her voice trailed off, scared to even imagine it happening. She can't even face him properly since she's worried he'll bring up the topic about the confession. She can't run anywhere if he were to reject her.

She has nothing.

"I wish I had Shin's bravery and confidence." She stated, feeling down, wishing once more for Shin to lend her some strength the way he used to.

Benkei grew silent at this. He's carefully rethinking his words so as to not reveal anything to her. He's worried but at the same time, he didn't want to ruin his friend's plan when it's supposed to make her feel better in the end.

"After everything that Wakasa did for you, you still think that way?" He asked, dropping signs that she might as well have hope for the two of them, considering the Wakasa they know now.

But Y/N just seem to be so hard-headed that she only got confused more as she stare down to the ground.

"I don't know anymore, Benkei. I really don't."

A long silence followed their conversation. The siblings already had their time talking to the girl so he doesn't know if he should pass the phone back to them. But soon enough, he released a heavy sigh.

"I don't know what to say that can make you feel better but... don't give up on him yet, Y/N." He added. "You came back for him, didn't you?" Y/N froze at his words as he continued. "You ran away from your life in the US to Wakasa." He stated without hesitation. Ever since the first day of her return, Benkei was able to see through her. The way she stares at the man, he knew exactly how she longed to be with him again.

And he knows just how much the two love each other.

"N-No, it's not that..." She tried to deny, thinking of an excuse but nothing came into mind.

The man on the line immediately spoke up.

"I know you missed us. Every one of us, I know." He said, aware that the girl is getting worried that they might get the wrong idea about it. He's not upset about it. Neither one of them is upset. Because the three of them knows... "But I also know how far you'll go for him." The girl's lips zipped shit as she purse them, not knowing what to respond. She knows Benkei is right. She knows he's got a point. She can't deny it because ever since from the start, a part of her kept telling her that she came back for the man.

Because he longed for him that much.

"You came back for him so don't give up that easily. Best results come to those who wait, right?" Y/N can feel her eyes stinging. It's true that best results come to those with patience.

But she's been waiting for a long time...

For years, even.

And she's not even trying to outrank Sleeping Beauty in waiting for her prince charming.

She's been waiting for that best result... even just a good result, she's hoping for it. She only wants a happy ending but why was there none for her?

For years, she experienced nothing like her childhood dreams.

"Just a little more, Y/N. Just a little more and you'll understand what I'm trying to tell you." She heard Benkei say to her as if he can tell that she's lost her hope already. And somehow a part of her tells her to keep on holding on.

Maybe, soon it'll come to her too.

Maybe, later?

Maybe, tomorrow?

No one knows exactly.

But it will come...

Hopefully.

"Thank you, Benkei." She smiled, wiping her tear in the corner of her eye. Sniffing, she looked up to stop her following tears and with a determined look, she spoke. "Don't worry. I won't lose hope."

The man nod his head and smiled as if she can see him.

The both of them kept their conversation going for a few minutes with the others before finally, they decided to end the call.

As soon as the call was dropped, Benkei's positive expression soon turned into a worried one as he stare sadly at a distance through the open window.

With a hopeful gaze, he spoke more to himself, hoping the wind will be able to bring the message to a certain someone who took too long to realize things.

"Wakasa, you better hurry."

__________
Author's Note:
Just really wanted to release this chapter so I updated today. Might delay the next one for real this time🤧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 20.8K 57
[COMPLETE ✅] *✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿* After years of unconsciousness, she regained her "life" only to find the people she treasured had changed for t...
49.3K 1K 21
In the last fight with the league of villains, Izumi risked her life to save her friends. And in doing so she died but was saved by a new quirk she r...
5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
30.8K 1.3K 15
A thirty something year old woman hops into the Naruto universe and gets reborn as a male Uchiha. He's uncouth, uncaring, and incredibly selfish in h...