"When She Woke Up"- (Newt&Tho...

By cloudyskies13569

[under major editing and re-drafting] The soft pitter-patter of footfalls on damp grass approached. She laid... More

~Playlists~
~Her Eyes~
~Slight Panic~
~The Bonfire~
~Skillz~
~That's A Weed~
~Got A Heart To Give~
~Stupid Gardening Tool~
~Newt's In Charge~
~Just Keep Running~
~The Edge of Life and Death~
~The Path You Took Before~
~A Slow Recovery~
~"Fit To Be A King"~
~Winning You~
~The Time You Actually Run For Your Life~
~Author's Note~
~"That's A Griever, THAT'S A GRIEVER!!"~
~The Sacrifice~
~"MINHO, WHAT'S THE SEQUENCE?!"~
Next Book is Out!
A/N πŸŽ‰1k+ reads!!
10k+ reads!! πŸ€©πŸŽ‰

~"It's Calm"~

2.5K 43 53
By cloudyskies13569

"Good that."
James Dashner, The Maze Runner #1

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

Your POV:

"What was that, Greenie?" the blonde boy asked.

"Run," you repeated in a whisper because you couldn't muster much more than that. "Run, I want to run," you said turning to look at him.

The dark-haired boy had his arms locked solid around your waist, seemingly going unnoticed. You needed to free yourself from his restraint and run. You squirmed a bit but he didn't let go.

"I know running is great, but we can't let you run off again. Sorry, Greenie." 

You stared at him for a moment, he looked a bit rough, but his eyes were kind. You stopped squirming and at this, he loosened his arms. 

"My name is Thomas, do you remember yours?" he asked. You shook your head in response. Thomas... that sounds familiar. Why can't I remember? 

The other boy had caught up to 'Thomas' by now, hands on his knees and panting.

"Bloody hell, are we going to have to put you in the pit to stop you?" he asked a little too loudly. Your eyes widened. The pit? Are they going to lock me up for running away? I need to get out of here!

Again, a hand was held out to help you up but this time you pushed yourself up and dusted off your worn pants. Then, you ran. The two boys behind you panicked, how much could you still run for? 

"Good job Newt, you scared her!" Thomas shouted behind him before racing after you.

"I don't want to keep doing this!" Thomas yelled behind you once he got close. You looked back and saw he was right on your heels. You reached the other side of the forest and when you broke through the trees, the dark-haired boy called out a name you thought you recognized a bit, just like when he told you his, but you didn't know why.

"MINHO!!!" the dark-haired boy yelled and waved his arms wildly while keeping hot on your trail.

Then, something collided with your body. It ceased your running for sure.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

"Is she okay?" the blonde one asked. He had fallen behind after you had run again. You noticed he seemed to have a slight limp earlier. It concerned you even if he suggested locking you up. Your thoughts were cut off though.

"She's fine, and should wake up soon." Another voice added. They seemed to be far off in the distance. But, they also seemed to be getting closer. You opened your eyes to see the two boys, and four new boys in the room with you as well. Wait... Where were you? It was like a makeshift shack. You sat up quickly and remembered running, but the moment you tried to get up, the dark-haired boy, 'Thomas', stepped closer to the bed, wary of your sudden movement. You glanced around wildly with fright before settling your eyes on the two who were once chasing you.

"I apologize for knocking you out," said a guy with swoopy hair. "My name is Minho." He stuck his hand out but you didn't know what to do with it. His hand was also very big so you were scared your hand might get crushed.

"It's alright, Greenie. We know what it's like too. Well, sort of." The blonde chaser, you dubbed him, added on.

"My name is..." you began to whisper before you trailed off. "Greenie..?" you questioned with a hopeful but tiny smile. The room was dead quiet, but they still could barely hear you. Oh, if you knew how much that smile warmed all their hearts. Then, 'Minho' burst out laughing. 

"You'll get your name in a few days, just please don't introduce yourself as 'Greenie' to anyone else," he said while giggling. If they were laughing they probably weren't bad people. 'Minho's' hand was still held out so you gave it a slight shake.

"Sorry," you whispered again looking down.

"Can you talk?" 'Minho' asked with curiosity. You tilted your head. "Normally, like this," he said while gesturing.

You shook your head 'no'. Whenever you had tried to previously it wouldn't come out.

"Just promise us you won't run again, Greenie?" the blonde one asked. "We can't have you running again, it took our two best runners to even try to catch up to you."

You nodded, and a sigh was heard from both him and the dark-haired boy.

"Good that," the one in the back said. You hadn't noticed him but the three other than 'Minho' had been standing there almost silently. He was tall with darker skin. The way he spoke seemed authoritative. Like a leader. But it was oddly calm and sympathetic when directed at you. You weren't sure you wanted the pity.

"Okay, first of all, the name's Alby. I'm the leader of this place and I keep these shanks from going haywire." 'Alby' said. "You won't remember your name for the next couple of days and you'll never get your memories back. None of us have ours either though, so don't worry, you aren't alone." he finished.

You stared at him for a moment, trying to wrap your head around it. You tried to think back, willing those memories to make their way forward. But, they didn't and you seriously couldn't remember. It made you feel hollow almost, like a stranger to yourself. It made you feel something you couldn't really register. Or hadn't for a long time.

Loneliness...

With this newfound feeling, you hugged yourself with your arms, curling up slightly underneath the rough covers. You shut your eyes tightly willing yourself to drop out of this world. You wanted to remember like you had wanted to speak, but for some reason, you just... couldn't. It seemed wrong. This was not how it was supposed to turn out, you thought. You weren't sure what made you think that.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

Soon enough, you learned the blonde chaser's name was Newt. You thought it suited them. They showed you around, and you learned about each job.

The Slicers: They took care of the animal portions of the meals here.

The Track-Hoes: Weeding, planting, gardening, and growing crops were their specialty.

The Med-Jacks (Which you learned was the hut you were in earlier): Who took care of all the injured gladers and probably injured animals too.

The Cook: Frypan was nice, and he made all the food too.

The Builders: Kept these structures standing and built others for different purposes. Also, major repairs when people decided to roughhouse.

The Baggers: They cleaned up the dead bodies. (You did not want that job.)

The Sloppers: They weren't too good at anything so they helped with other jobs around the glade.

And lastly, The Runners: Which apparently 'Thomas' and 'Minho' were. They were the only ones allowed outside the walls.

But you still couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness. Alby told you the rules and you learned the other two were the med-jacks Clint and Jeff, which you realized you may be seeing a lot so you waved to them when you left.

The place you were in was called the Glade, and the only people who left the darn place were the runners. You thought that might be a job you were interested in. But you also liked the sound of gardening with the track hoes. The builders sounded interesting but you were definitely not aiming to be part of the slicers. A cook could be cool as well you thought. 'Frypan', the cook, seemed like he needed help with so many mouths to feed, the number growing by the month. Though 'Newt' told you that the Greenies usually go with the slicers. You cringed when he said that.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

"Stop it you guys, you're scaring her!" 'Thomas' yelled at a few of the 'gladers' or so they were called. They looked away almost instantly. You felt safe with Thomas. Apparently, he had been the 'Greenie' last month and a new person comes up every month. The old Greenie gets to show the new one around. He was different because he felt safe, he felt welcoming. The others felt distant, except for Newt. Though you could tell he kept a lot of secrets. You didn't know why. All this new information was getting to your head. You glanced at the opening in the wall. It was calling you. But you needed a chance to go towards it.

"Hey, I know you might want to run and it might seem better to go out there. But, trust me, it's better here with us." Thomas caught you looking. You didn't completely trust him, or anyone here for that matter.

Eventually, you two took a break and sat down. Thomas had been talking the whole time but you hadn't said a word. A growing expression of concern caused his eyebrows to furrow.

"How is everything?" he asked. In full truth, it was an odd thing to ask someone you had just met. Nevertheless, you nodded but tilted your head a bit like a way of saying so-so. He seemed to understand enough. You opened your mouth to say something, but again it wouldn't come out. Thomas looked at you a bit confused.

'I can't talk.' you mouthed. And this only made him even more puzzled. You sighed and laid back, only to hit Thomas' legs. You instantly jerked up but he chuckled and pulled your head into his lap before you could stop him. You looked up at the bright blue sky. Your face turned a slight shade of pink and you felt awkward.

"It's calm," Thomas said.

It was calm, you thought with a smile. You decided that you liked it here.

・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

1701 words~

If it gives you any more insight. Y/N when thinking about people will have '(name)' around people's names like she doesn't quite trust that it's their real name. Implying she doesn't trust that specific person yet. Like in this chapter, Thomas gained her trust a bit, so now Y/N won't have '(name)' around Thomas' name.

QOTD: What's your favorite song?

I don't have a favorite song but the one I like most right now is 'Holding Out For A Hero' by Bonnie Tyler.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
14.8K 282 40
(Y/n), the first girl in group A. She was also the first one in the Glade. Everything was normal and the same for 3 years till a boy named Thomas, a...
13.3K 707 24
What to expect here: βœ… Mickey βœ… Magic βœ… Madness Participate in one of WattpadDisney's contests! Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapte...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...