Never Without You │ BOTW mode...

Od Finnclarkson

A relationship between an internationally praised athlete and a straight A student who hates any kind of atte... Více

Quick Welcome Back!
Different
One More Day
Just the Two of Us
Broken
I Had So Many Reasons
Birthday Candles
Make a Wish
Tell Me Everything's Fine
Expelled
The Heart of Hyrule
Consequences
A One-Time Thing
Drunk
No Means No
Fool
I Do
You
A Good Day
Do It Again
Happiness
There's Nothing Wrong With Being a Virgin
A Dead Sparrow On The Pavement
Hey
Overthinking is a Waste of Time
Letting Go and Moving On
3F
Aryll
よろしくおねがいします
宮本リンク
みらい
おやすみ
コンビニ
夏祭り
ルト
過去
新しい関係と古い傷跡
立ち呑みやま
祇園 小森
Hero
Good Person
Bad Person
Breaking Up
I haven't been honest about Ruto
All the Things that Hurt Us
Breath of the Wild
Mount Lanayru
Slumbering Power
Just Feel
Never Without You
While We Were Gone
Hyrule University vs. Karusa Valley
You and Me, No Lovers
A Smile on Revali's Sour Face
Kiroh
Taking a Shower
Can't Always Get What You Want
Homeless
Another Smiley Face on the Glass
Mía
Death Wish
Not Safe
Prison
Consent
Taking a Life
Already dead
Everything I Do is For Us
I'm Not Going Anywhere
If you could snap your fingers and make it all go away
Flowers and Chocolate
Bus Stop
Deku
I Vowed to Protect Your Daughter
We're Not Friends
Temptation
Nobody to Blame
Love Can Take Many Forms
Therapy
A Complex Puzzle
Lemonade
Shad
Bonfire
When She Gives Her Heart to Him, She Breaks My Heart in Two
The Crying of Lot 49
Eternal Riddler
Ramses
Game of Doors
Brothers
We Are Getting Married
Bumblebee
Tennis Ball
I Made Sure of That
Thanksgiving
Just For One Night

Your Fault

7.6K 222 582
Od Finnclarkson

I'm ecstatic to be back at school. Spring break felt like three months when it was really just a week. With everything going on, time feels distorted more than ever. It must be even worse for Link. Every day is pretty much the same for him; the same room, same view, same food, and the same draining questions. He must be excited to go home soon.

I only have one class left today and a thirty-minute break to kill until then. I could go to the library and get some work done but the weather is so beautiful today that I decide to spend my break outside to read a book in the healthy company of vitamin D. 

I step outside into the soft unclouded blue of air. I find a quiet spot in the shade and take a seat on one of the stone benches outside the science building.

A couple of pages in, somebody suddenly speaks to me. "Must be a captivating book."

I snap my head at him. "Pik!" I scold with a pounding heart.

"Sorry, did I startle you?" He chuckles.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"A perfect day. Start to finish. When nothing terrible or sad or ordinary happens. Do you think it's possible?" he recites a line from my book. A line I passed two pages ago.

"It's rude to read what somebody else is reading," I haughtily remark.

"It's rude not to address your friend with a welcoming smile when they take a seat next to you," he counters.

"I didn't notice you."

Clasping his chest, he gasps. "Even worse!" He sighs, "But..." and pushes his hair back, "I suppose I can forgive you."

"I didn't apologize though," I tease him.

"Ouch! What an atrocity!"

"Your pain is my pleasure," I shrug with a puckish grin.

"Then I shall suffer till the end of time," he merrily declares. "Why are you in such a good mood today?"

"I am?"

"It appears that way."

"So what if I am? What is wrong with that?"

"Nothing at all. It's incredibly nice to see your smile. Especially after everything that happened. How was your break?"

I fold the book shut and turn to face him. "Terrible, sad, and far from ordinary."

"So, not perfect."

"Not quite."

"How's Link? I heard he woke up from his coma."

"He is doing okay. Better than expected."

"Is he coming back to school soon?"

"Not at all. He's not going to finish the semester. He has to go through a lot of physical therapy to regain muscles in his back and legs. His balance is off too, so it's as if he has to learn how to walk again."

"That must be tough."

"Yes but Link is so strong, I have faith he will master this challenge."

"I meant it must be tough for you. Seeing him like that."

"It took some getting used to, yes. But personally, I think I'm handling it alright. If it weren't for those vexing paparazzi. They are still trying to get me to talk to them about the baseball game and Link's diagnosis."

"They can be a pain in the ass. Just ignore them."

"That's what I've been doing."

Pik pulls his lip piercing between his teeth and rests his arms on his knees. "Is it true that he lost his memories?"

"Some, yes. But he has recovered most of them. The doctors say amnesia is common in coma patients and that it will pass soon."

"Okay, good. You know, it could have been way worse."

"He could have been dead," I nod.

"That too, but I mean... He could have been paralyzed. Or have total brain damage."

"I know..." I've pictured each of those outcomes quite vividly in my mind. No need to reopen those harrowing thoughts... I lower my head and swallow.

"Hey, no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad," Pik says apologetically.

"It's okay, you didn't," I give him a reassuring smile.

"You bitch!" I hear Malice shout. Taken aback, I aim my eyes in the direction of her voice. She is approaching us in hasty steps and before I can process what's happening, a loud slap zaps through my ears, quickly followed by an acute stinging sensation in my cheek.

"Woah, calm down," Pik gets up in a heartbeat.

"Fuck off Pike!" Malice warns while I rub my burning cheek. She hit me hard! "Ganon is in prison because of you!" she yells at me.

"You mean the guy who nearly murdered our star batter in front of the whole school? That one went to prison? And you are blaming Zelda?" Pik tilts his head tepidly, provoking Malice even more.

"Are you deaf?" she snarls at him.

"What?" He mocks.

"You should walk away before I rip each of your piercings out. With my teeth!"

"Tempting offer but I think I'll pass. I have every right to be here as long as I don't physically assault other students. Which, by the way, is against campus rules. And the law. So perhaps you should be the one to walk away because clearly you have more to worry about than me."

"Oh fuck you, asshole," Malice rolls her eyes and pushes him aside to take another step toward me. "I warned you to stay away from him," she narrows her eyes at me. "I wasn't kidding when I said I would mess you up if you got him in trouble."

"I didn't call the police," I whimper, shielding my face.

"It's your fault he got arrested! Don't even try to deny it, you pretentious fuck!"

"I'm sorry!" I lie for the sake of my face.

"Yeah right!" She huffs. "I can't believe I took the blame for the window! Rot in hell, scum!" She spits–literally spits on my shoes, prompting Pik to stand between us.

"That's enough," he says in a serious tone as he holds out his arms.

"You're dead! You'll regret this!" She continues.

"Is that campus security?" Pik looks at the entrance of the science building. I don't see anyone but his words make Malice turn on her heels and hastily step away from us.

"I'll ruin your life the way you've ruined mine," Malice says before she walks away.

Eyes wide, Pik looks down on me without a word. I clench my jaw in fury. I wanted to help her, I actually felt sorry for her! Maybe she really does deserve Ganon.

"Are you okay?" He asks me with a confused look on his face.

"I think so..." My cheek is a little numb but I'm sure it'll go away in a minute.

"What did she mean by that? Do you think she'll go after Link?"

I shake my head. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

"Tell me about it," he sighs and waits for me to realize what I just said to him.

"Goodness! Sorry!" I couldn't have chosen a more insensible quote. "Gandhi said that. I wasn't implying your illness."

"I'm just teasing you," he smiles.

"Did she call you Pike? Do you know her?"

"Used to. Haven't talked to her in a while though. I didn't even recognize her at first."

"She's been terrorizing me since my first semester."

"That explains a lot. But I'm still curious. May I be so blunt and ask about that slap? Because that wasn't just a simple you-hooked-up-with-my-childhood-crush-and-broke-girl-code slap. That thing had karate-kid-parody-sound-effect intensity."

"Malice is a mixed martial arts fighter, that's probably why her slap had so much... passion."

"But why does she think it's your fault her boyfriend got arrested?" I don't want him to find out the truth but I also don't want to lie. "And what was that about a window?"

"Haven't you read the news?"

"I don't keep up with the news. It's oppressing."

"Ganondorf blamed his son for his own crimes which led to the arrest. Now Ganon is in prison, falsely so, but well-deserved nevertheless."

"But why is she blaming you?"

"Who knows..."

"Your cheek is turning red," Pik says worried. "I'll take you to the school infirmary."

"No that's okay. I have to get to class soon anyway."

"It's going to swell if you don't cool it. They'll have ice, come on. Your professor will understand."

I nod embarrassed. "Alright..."

I didn't bring makeup so I can't cover up a bruise. And I really don't want Link to see me like this. Impa would probably have some concealer in her bag but if she finds out that Malice hit me, she'll get into a fight. Which would only lead to more problems.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Pik asks as he walks me across campus.

"About what?"

"Whatever happened between you two. Clearly, there's more to the story."

"Nothing happened. Malice is a maniac who's had it out for me since day one. She's violent and delusional. And she has serious anger issues. When her boyfriend got arrested she needed someone else to blame."

"And that someone had to be you?"

"What can I say? I attract bullies."

"Among others," he shrugs and his dimpled smile widens.

"I think I hate her. I know it is a strong word but her anger toward me is so unreasoned that I can't help but think poorly of her. Whenever she gets on my nerves I would just love to hit her. But then I remember that somebody else is already doing that and then all I want to do is give her a hug. How pathetic is that?"

"It's not one bit pathetic. It's what makes you one of the strongest people I've ever met."

"What are you talking about? I'm a coward."

"You always find it in your heart to forgive," he says, holding the door. The cool air of the AC hugs us at once.

"If you think I'm just going to forgive her for slapping me, you don't know me at all. I'll probably be thinking about it ten years from now."

"Are you going to tell someone?"

"Who would I tell?"

"Your father. She would probably get suspended if not expelled if you told him."

"Oh... I mean, I don't want that for her either." I pity her for the life she leads.

"Do you want me to go in with you?" Pik and I stop in front of the door to the infirmary.

"That's okay."

"Sure? I don't mind. Rehearsal doesn't start for another hour."

"I'm okay, really. Thank you for walking with me."

"It is my honor," he nods in satisfaction. "I'll be in the auditorium if you need me."

As I step inside, Pik turns around and walks back out of the building. The nurse gives me an ice pack and some ibuprofen for the pain. She is quite curious about the cause of my injury but kind enough to accept my obvious lie that I tripped and fell on my face. As I am sitting here, cooling my cheek for the remainder of my break, Link texts me. It's a gif, and not just any gif; a panda gif! An instant smile pokes my cheekbones.

*How are you?* I text him.

*Bored. Just got done with PT.*

*How did it go?* 

My heart aches for him. He needs some change. Maybe I could bring him something from Vah Rudania for dinner. He must be sick of hospital meals.

*Okay* is his very concise response. He doesn't like physical therapy. He says it makes him feel weak. Unfortunately, he will have to endure it for a while longer. I wish there was something I could do...

As I make my way to my last class, I send Link an invite to play battleship against me on the messaging app. I don't usually play games at school–I don't usually play games, period–but I want to distract him from the boredom that has consumed him lately.

Link's POV

I rest my head on my hand while I wait for her to make her move in battleship. 

With so many get-well-soon gifts piling up, I almost didn't notice a new card next to the dying flowers on the table. Some balloons are already losing air too. It's kinda depressing to look at. Just reminds me that I've been in this room for almost a whole month now. New flowers keep coming every day along with cards and plushies and other stuff I don't really have any use for. Even if I did, it wouldn't really matter because I can't remember being this public figure. 

I don't know how to handle this much affection and I don't even want to know what it'll be like once I leave the hospital. Zelda said I can't go anywhere without someone recognizing me. I'm not looking forward to that.

I continue to stare at the pile of gifts as if it could make me feel better. It's really just because there's nothing else to look at. I haven't read any of the cards yet because I feel like I'd be reading somebody else's fanmail.

This whole thing is stupid. Those cards are for me. I should just read them. It'll give me something to do while I wait.

I sit up and move to the edge of my bed. Let's see if I can manage to walk over to the table without freaking collapsing again.

My toes reach the floor as I get on my feet, not letting go of the bed. My whole body feels sore. I haven't felt this sore since my first week at training camp way back in Japan. Woah, I think I just remembered something! Japan! Soccer! My team! 

*I just remembered my soccer career in Japan* I quickly type and send. I know she'll be so happy to hear that.

*That's amazing, Link!*

*What time will you get here?* I ask. She's gotta think I'm clingy. Oh hey, I just noticed I'm standing on my feet without holding on to the bed anymore. Two accomplishments in one minute, nice.

*In two hours. I have a little surprise for you :)* she says and sends a chomping panda gif.

She's cute. I send a couple of panda emojis back before I put down the phone and slowly walk over to the small table. Let's see... I pick up a random card and open it. It says

"Dear Link,
I hope you get well soon. Love you lots!
-Rola"

Do I know her? Are we close friends? Or relatives? Or is she a fan I've never even met? Maybe I'll recognize the next one... I grab another card, it has a cartoon cheetah on the front and"Have a speedy recovery! -Kinov" with a little drawing of me playing soccer on the inside. 

I'm assuming this one is a kid fan. Either that or a kid friend. Or a kid relative... Or not a kid at all, maybe it's some old dude with bad handwriting and zero drawing skills. I open another card. Wow, this one is definitely a fan; well, used to be a fan. He's pissed! Screw you too, Muzu. 

And screw this brain injury. This isn't helping at all. I drop the cards back on the table and move over to the window. The sun is in my eyes and I have to squint to see anything. Still the same view, what did I expect?

It's perfect tennis weather. But just thinking about it makes my bones shiver. I can't even imagine playing sports with my broken body... It's hard to think of me as one the world's most talked-about athletes. I hate not being able to remember my whole past.

As I look at the city and the hills, I wonder if my memory would come back easier if I visited the places I know instead of just looking at pictures all the time.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

18.5K 123 12
what happens when two so called enemies get drunk one night and it changes their lives forever? Do they become lovers? Do they agree on forgetting ab...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
614K 13.9K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
5.2K 463 36
Dr Haseena Malik is summoned to the court for expert advice, little does she realise her acceptance to perform her civic duties might prove to be the...