Avengers: Liberation

By heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... More

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 6- New Home
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 12- Returning to New York
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2
Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 34- Valkyrie
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 43- Broken Street
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken

81 5 2
By heartofthesouth

I watched them from the window. Absorbed in their own little world, all the pleasantries of a friendship. I saw the bright glint of joy in her eyes as she pulled him into the water. Her heart was open, she was so vulnerable. But soon everything changed, she was hurt she was distraught, pained by the burden of being a part of a God. But soon that would end, I would put her out of her misery. Her misery was palpable, I could taste the pain, the coppery salty taste. She was in pain, and I was here to cease it.

I watched as she walked out from the pool and walked through the school. They didn’t even know I was there watching, waiting. I felt the cold steel of the revolver on my fingertips, pushed into the waist band of my jeans. I smirked to myself.

“Soon.” So soon, she would finally be happy, away from this place. Hydra told me it was a mercy mission and finally I believed then, I was sent here to save her, save her from this wretched life of hers.

I yawned into my pillows and pushed myself up from the warm sheets. The room was cold causing Goosebumps to rise up on my arms. The tight vest top I wore overnight had ruffled itself up to just underneath my breasts, I pulled it quickly back down and walked to the bathroom. I yawned again, as I looked in the mirror. Blood shot eyes and untamable hair; I just huffed and watched as a gold and silver hair enveloped my body, my hair once against flowed down over my shoulders and down the middle of my back naturally. I watched as it curled itself up into glossy loose ringlets. I smiled at my reflection and watched as a glazed sheen swiped over my eyes pulling away the pink veins and leaving me with bright and lively eyes.

I stretched my arms up high and stood up on my tip toes as I walked back into my room. I heard each joint crack and felt each tendon and ligament stretch in pain from the prolonged rest. I grabbed my phone from my bed side table and saw that it was only seven-thirty in the morning, but already I could hear the mental hum of teachers and students alike. I pressed the music app and allowed it to play as loud as possible.

I mouthed the words as I pulled out a pair of blue high waisted skinny jeans from one of the draws of the wardrobe. I loved this song; I swayed my hips as I pulled my vest top up and over my head and shimmed my boy shorts down my legs. I smirked as I pulled out a deep red silk bra and brief set. I clipped up the bra and gently pulled up the silk briefs over my legs. I pulled a simple black blouse over my shoulders and buttoned it up quickly. I grabbed a pair of heeled white and black brogues, and slipped them onto my feet and fastened the strapped that secured the heel to my foot.

I smiled at myself at the floor length mirror and gave myself a twirl. I looked good, I dug my hand into the front pocket of my jeans and felt a pocket watch materialize in my hand; I pulled it out of my pocket revealing a chain secured to my belt loop. I flipped open the solid metal pocket watch lid to reveal the white ivory face reading quarter to eight. I looked around me looking for something missing, something out of place, and there it was. The crisp white shirt from Eric, neatly folded on my desk without a crease. I sighed and grabbed the cold unworn fabric, and opened my room door to welcome the groggy babble of just waking students.

I walked down the hall two doors, and saw the door with just the initial ‘M’ engraved on the door. I knocked firmly on the hard wood door, and waited. I looked down at the shirt and saw an ‘M’ embroidered into the collar tag, I rang my finger of the delicate silver stitching. Suddenly the door swung open. I opened my mouth to speak, but no one stood there. I looked from outside of the room, I know I didn’t open the door and if I did, I didn’t mean it. I heard the sound of a shower behind the frost glass bathroom door. I quickly crept inside, silently hoping that he wouldn’t hear me.

Then the water stopped. I was millimeters away from putting the damned shirt on his bed when the bathroom door opened to reveal Eric Lensherr, his hair his hair just shorter than shoulder length dripped beads of water onto his shoulders and carved its way down his strong physique, my eyes followed the beads of water that channeled their way to the hem of the blue jeans he had hung low on his hips. Dear Christ.

“Sorry the door was open, I didn’t open it. I thought I would return this.” My cheeks grew hot and my breathing became slightly labored. Eric smirked down at me as I held out his shirt to him.

“Did you sleep in it?” my body tensed slightly as he opened up the folded the shirt and began to undo the buttons.

“Umm… no I got into something more comfortable.” He raised a silver eye brown, as his smirk falter just that little bit. Was his pride hurt? Too bad.

“Well no matter, don’t worry about the door opening, I opened it.” I raised an eye brow at him and leaned against the wall next to his door.

“How did you know I was there?” he chuckled and buttoned up the shirt I once wore. He left two buttons at the top unbuttoned. He grabbed a hair tie and pulled his white and silver hair into a small bun.

“You give off a strong electromagnetic field Liberty, I can feel it. It’s like electricity in the air, palpable.” Suddenly he began to reach toward me. I leaned into the wall but there was nowhere to go, unless I magically just fell through the wall right now. So I just kept calm, and looked into his deep storm blue eyes.

“Lift up your hand Liberty.” The command was simple, but still I didn’t understand why. I lifted up to about shoulder height. He grasped it in his hand and held it tightly. Suddenly I felt something like a pull, not something to do with physical attraction, more to do with physics.

He slowly pulled away his hand to reveal bright, intense blue sparks leaping from my hand to his. Almost like a tesla coil I watched in fascination as the erratically jumped and spread out across my finger tips and palm of my hands.

“I can manipulate your power Liberty, can’t you feel it?” I could see it never mind feel it. He was right he was a man of science he knew within the laws of physics what he could do. He pressed his hand back into mine, the pull decreased, but now there was a different pull, this pull was no longer physics, it was physical.

He was standing so close; he could probably feel my ragged breathing. He grasped my other hand and pulled me closer to him. Oh god. His eyes darkened with lust as my breasts pushed against his chest. We stood toe to, still the pull couldn’t be stated. The urge to reach up and satisfy that pull was dragging me closer and closer. I was terrified; it had been so long since I had felt anything close to this. I couldn’t move anymore, I wanted to know if he wanted this.

Suddenly his lips slammed against mine. He let go of my hands and wrapped them around my waist. Pressing his hips against mine my chest against mine, I was quickly breathless. His lips were ravenous, hunger for me and I let him devour me.

I pushed a hand up into his silver hair and wrapped one around his neck. His tongue flicked over my bottom lips causing me to groan. I was burning inside. My heart hammered hard against my rib cage, I begged for it to slow, it continued it vicious beating.

A loud fist pounded against the door.

I jumped as Eric quickly pulled away from me and opened the door. I stayed pressed against the wall, avoiding the line of sight from the person at the door.

“I was wondering if you had seen Liberty this morning, I knocked on her door and noticed it was still open. She left her phone playing; I thought I would give it to her.” I could recognize that voice from a mile away. It was Logan.

“I haven’t seen or heard Liberty this morning, but I think it would be best if you gave her phone to me Logan, I have a feeling I will see her before you do.” Logan grumbled as I heard the phone slap against Eric’s palm.

“Just tell Liberty that I found it still playing.” Eric nodded and closed the door as Logan’s footsteps receded from the door. I took a step away from the wall finally and looked up at him.

“Mind giving me my phone?” he smirked and handed it to me between this thumb and his forefinger. I grabbed it and pushed it into my back pocket and felt it quickly dematerialize.

“I think I should leave, you know grab something to eat before the day starts.” Now it was awkward. I didn’t know what to do, in those few minutes all I wanted was him, I wanted to fulfill that attraction but now, we were left on the end of it all, and left to think about what we had done.

“Would you like me to join you?” I shook my head not able to meet his grey eyes.

“I think I need time to think, you know… about what just happened.” He nodded and opened the door for me magnetically.

I ran out of that room as fast as physically possible. I kicked off my brogues and watched them fade away in a haze before they hit the floor, my bare feet slammed against the cool wooden floor as I just ran. All my appetite had gone, as I ran past the dining hall and out of the front door.

I ran as far as I could.

My feet padded across the bright green grass covering my feet in morning dew as I ran, students looked at me like I was crazy but right now I couldn’t care less. I blocked out everything, mental voices and verbal voices a like. I needed to think and I couldn’t do that with a hundred different voices in my head.

I liked it here. There were no voices; my actions weren’t questioned as I sat here. The waves crashed across the rocks beneath me showering salt spray upwards. I sighed and tool another large breath in. I threw in another small rock and watched it fall into the sea silent above the rest of the noise. My bare feet rested on the edge of the rock allowing me to catch the edge of the foaming waves on my toes. I smiled to myself and wiggled them slightly as the foam faded away the more I wiggled them.

“What are you doing here Cher?” I quickly twisted around to see Remy lebeau leaning up against a rock. I turned away from him and looked back out to see watching the sun light glint and ripple off the glossy surface.

“Thinking.” I heard a small laugh from Remy as he lowered himself next to me. He looked out at the horizon with me. I tossed another pebble into the water and watched it be engulfed by the foam.

“Thinking about what Cher?” I shrugged and looked back at the rippling sunlight.

“About a lot of things.” He nodded and threw his own pebble into the thrashing water.

“How did you find this place?” he asked as he looked down at me. I smiled and looked up at him, why was he here? Of all people to follow me out here why him?

“I just kept running till I couldn’t run anymore, because technically I would be swimming.” He chuckled heartily as I tossed in another pebble, and watched it sink down into the bright blue water.

“Why did you follow me Gambit?” he shrugged and smiled down at me.

“You were a damsel in distress Cher, what else would I do other than try and elevate that distress?” I chuckled and leaned back on my forearms, and shrugged. We sat there in silence for a while. For a man who was going to near enough kidnap me the first time we met, his thought were relaxing and the atmosphere he created between us was comfortable, and helpful.

“Are you willing to tell me your distress Cher?” I shook my head, and looked up at him with a small smile.

“I’m sure the distress wouldn’t be happy if I told you.” He nodded and looked back towards the sun.

“Relationship problems.” His thick heavy French-Creole accent elongated each syllable of those two words.

“Yep.” I popped the ‘p’ finishing the sentence. He nodded and grabbed a pebble in his hand, I watch as this time he charged it with kinetic energy and gently threw it sending it catapulting far out to sea.

“You see Cher, relationships are tricky. Your head wants to be reasonable and safe, but your heart wants adventure and romance.” Remy looked down at me and reach forward with an outstretched finger and gently pressed his finger against his blouse covered chest bone.

“Usually for most people I would say be safe and use your head, because they are those sorts of people, who use their heads rather than their hearts. There are a few who use their heart and I tell them to use it. But you are difficult Cher, I’m going to tell you listen to your head and your heart, then decide what is best, weigh out the pros and cons, then you will know.”

He offered me his hand, and pulled me up as we walked from the rocky cliff edge. It felt like every worry every question had been answered right there with barely a word spoken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 1.4K 44
Potter Morgan needed a way out. Only in high school, boarding school was the only way. But this school is harboring a secret that can be fatal. Can P...
180K 5.1K 33
My blessings became my curse. My beauty became my fear ---------------------- Azul is a protector of Asgard, and a goddess of nature. She is well kno...
78.2K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
15.9K 978 29
After sixteen years of searching for their daughter, Bruce Banner along with rest of the Avengers finally find a girl claiming to be an Elizabeth Ban...