Watching WandaVision

By HufflepufThunderbird

The MCU characters are brought to a mysterious theaters to watch WandaVision #1 in WandaVision 4/14/22 #1 in... More

Getting the gang back together
Episode 1: Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience
Episode 2: Dont Touch That Dial
Episode 3: Now In Color
Episode 5: On A Very Special Episode
Episode 6: All New- Halloweeen Spooktacular
Episode 7: Breaking The Forth Wall
Episode 8: Previously On
Episode 9: The Series Finale
Watching IW and EG

Episode 4: We Interupt This Program

4.2K 138 115
By HufflepufThunderbird

TITLE SEQUENCE

CUT TO: INT. HOSPITAL, DAY

Cut to black. Distant voices are heard.

MARIA: No, I can't. I can't leave Monica.

Hearing her moms voice, Monica perked up in her seat.

MONICA: It's okay, I can stay with grandma.

Fade in on dust floating around in the air.

Darcy and Jimmy gasped as they realized what they're watching. Strange shook his head sadly. Agatha crossed her arms.

The rest of the group was confused and whispered amongst each other.

MONICA: Maybe I'll build a spaceship. I wanna be an aircraft pilot.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: When they were handing out kids, they gave her the toughest one.

"That's your voice!" Peter looked and pointed at Carol

"I knew Monica when she was young." Carol explained

The dust materializes into Monica.

"What the- What's going on!" Tony looked back at Strange, "You're from the future, can you explain this?"

"I can." Strange nodded

"And?" Sam asked when Strange didn't say anything more.

"I said that can not that I will." Strange crossed his arms.

"How is it not the time to tell them?" Darcy argued, "They're watching it happen!"

"Technically they're watching it get reversed." Jimmy corrected

"Watching what get reversed?" Bruce asked

"You'll find out eventually." Strange shut down the conversation

CAPTAIN MARVEL: Lieutenant Trouble.

Monica gasps and looks up. She looks down as her hands materialize. The shot cuts back and shows her in a hospital room.

"Oh that's a bad place to be right now." Darcy cringed

"Why?" Monica looked back at her

"Well, Mr. Grouchy over there won't let me tell you, but I got the feeling you'll find out in a second." Darcy waved her hand in Strange's direction.

Strange rolled his eyes, "Doctor." He muttered

She looks at the empty bed beside hеr. Muffled noise can be hеard elsewhere in the hospital. She opens the door of the room and the chaotic noise of the hospital grows louder. A woman materializes in front of her. she turns down the hall and more people materialize. She bumps into a doctor.

MONICA: Excuse me-

DOCTOR 1: They're all coming back, we don't have the capacity.

He walks away. She looks in an open room and sees a man materialize next to a woman on a bed. More people materialize. She bumps into another doctor.

MONICA: Excuse me, excuse me, I'm looking for a patient. In room 104-

DOCTOR 2: Who, my wife? Do you have a phone?

"Man hospitals were a bad place to be." Jimmy shook his head

"You hear about the guy that went mid- surgery?" Darcy whispered

"I don't want to think about that." Jimmy whispered back

MONICA: No.

DOCTOR 2: I have to call my wife.

He walks away. She looks around as more people materialize and accidentally bumps into a man right as he appears. They both fall to the ground.

DOCTOR 3: Let me help you.

MONICA: Are you okay? You okay. Take it.

The doctor comes over and helps the man up.

DOCTOR 3: I got him, I got it.

Monica gets up.

MONICA: Are you okay?

The doctor leads him away. Monica turns to a doctor at a desk.

MONICA: Excuse me, I'm looking for a patient in room 104.

DOCTOR 4: I don't know what to tell you.

"Can blame her." Tony shook his head, "Look at all that's going on."

The doctor turns away from Monica. Monica steps back and looks around, disoriented.

DR. HARLEY: Monica?

Monica turns and sees Dr. Harley approach.

MONICA: Oh, Dr. Harley, thank God.

DR. HARLEY: I can't believe it.

MONICA: Uh, I was-

DR. HARLEY: Where did you go?

MONICA: Well, I've been in her room since she came back from the surgery. I mean, I might've fallen asleep, but no longer than twenty minutes. Dr. Harley, where's my mom.

"Why was my mom in surgery?" Monica scooted forward in her seat.

DR. HARLEY: Your mom... She died, honey.

"What?" Carol and Monica both shouted. Carol stood up, squeezing the seat in front of her.

MONICA: What? No, no, no, no, no, you're mistaken. My, my mother, the procedure went well. You said so yourself. Clear margins. You're discharging her today.

DR. HARLEY: The cancer came back.

"She had cancer?" Monica gasped

MONICA: Okay, stop, stop. No, you're... My mom is Maria Rambeau. Look it up, I mean...

She turns back to the desk.

MONICA: Look it up, Maria Rambeau!

The doctor at the desk ignores her. Dr. Harley grabs Monica's arm.

DR. HARLEY: Monica, I don't understand what's happening, but you need to listen to me. Maria died three years ago.

"Three years?" Clint looked around the room, "Were people missing for three years?"

"No." Jimmy whispered, shaking his head

MONICA: Three? No, no, no, no, you-

DR. HARLEY: Which was two years after you...

MONICA: After I what? After I what?

DR. HARLEY: After you disappeared.

Steven Strange stood up and walked to the front of the room. The screen paused as he announced, "Now is the time."

Darcy and Jimmy shared a knowing look while Strange cleared his throat.

"In 2019 we had altercation with an alien named Thanos," he began.

"Thanos?" Loki gasped

Thor looked at his brother, "You know him?"

Loki nodded, "He was the one that provided me with the Chitauri."

"Thanos was looking for the Infinity Stones. All of you are aware of the Tesseract or the space stone, and the stone in Loki's scepter that was later used to make Vision, the mind stone."

Wanda looked up at the stone in Vision's forehead.

"I was in possessions the Time stone, then there were three others, reality, power and soul."

"Was?" Tony asked

Strange ignored Tony, "When we came in contact with Thanos he already had the space, soul, and power stone. Stark, Spider-Man, and I, with the help of some others that aren't here, held him off the best we could until I was forced to hand over the time stone."

"So that's when we fought together." Peter thought to himself

"Then Thanos went to Earth-"

"We weren't on Earth?" Peter blurted

Strange looked at Peter, "Correct." He looked back at the larger group, "Then Thanos went to Earth. My understanding is that most of this group defended Earth against Thanos is Wakanda."

Shuri and Tchala looked at each other.

"All of you did your best, but Thanos was able to get the stone from Vision." Strange continued

"But it's in his forehead!" Wanda interrupted, "How could he live without it!"

Strange stared at her for a moment and sighed, "He didn't live. In fact, you killed him Wanda."

Wanda put her hand over her mouth, "What?" She asked

"You all had brought Vision to Wakanda in the hopes that Princess Shuri would be able to safely remove the stone, and then Wanda would destroy it." Strange paused and looked at the ground, "You ran out of time." He looked back at the group, "Wanda had to destroy the stone while it was still in Vision."

Vision reached up to the stone, "That had to be awful for her." He thought

"The Thanos used the time stone to rewind time and undo it." Strange around at the group, making eye contact with all of them, "He was able to get the mind stone, killing Vision a second time, and had possession of all Infinity stones."

"What did he do with them?" Steve asked

"Thanos snapped away half of all life in the universe."

Clint's hands went limp. Tony unconsciously reached towards Peter, who was shaking.

"Oh my." Yelena whispered.

Melina put her hand on Yelina's and Alexei's shoulders. Natasha held onto Yelina's wrist and picked up Clint's hand.

Thor was violently shaking his head. Loki stared blankly at the ground and Bruce had both hands over his mouth.

Steve, Sam, and Bucky all looked at each other, "Who in here survives?" Steve asked

Strange looked at Steve and sighed, "You, Stark, Princess Shuri, Clint Barton, Natasha Romanov, Kate Bishop, Thor, Banner, Danvers, Darcy and Woo."

Tony squeezed Peters arm. Shuri held onto her brother, Thor reached for his. Loki didn't move. Natasha looked at her family

"I just got them back." She thought.

Pietro stared at Strange, "And you."

Strange turned to Pietro, "What?"

"You didn't say your name." Pietro explained

"Because I was one of the ones that disappeared." Strange said curtly.

"Then how are you here to tell us all this?" Sam demanded

Strange nodded, "Through a series of events I wasn't present for the remaining Avengers, plus a few new additions, were able to bring everyone back. Five years later."

There was a collective sigh of relief, "Those five years must have been awful." Kate shook her head

"It must have been hell." Tony shook his head, still not letting go of Peters arm.

Peter nodded, still taking in all of the new, slightly traumatic, information.

"We had started to move on." Jimmy shrugged, "Life began to become a new normal. Then all of you," He paused, "You brought them all back."

It took a while for everyone to be in a correct head space to continue watching. Almost two hours to be exact. But eventually everyone settled down. Strange took his seat behind Tony and Peter back and the show resumed.

CUT TO: INT. S.W.O.R.D. HEADQUARTERS, DAY

"Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Devision." Carol read allowed, then looking at Fury, "Something you know about?"

"They're a relatively small organization right now, I'd almost forgotten about them." Fury admitted, "I guess in the years of my absence it got bigger."

An establishing shot shows the headquarters from afar. Cut inside. Monica walks in. She attempts to swipe an ID card to open a door, but it gives a negative beep in response. A guard at a desk waves at her.

SECURITY GUARD: Ma'am, over here, please.

Monica walks over.

MONICA: Hi, good morning. I work here, and-

SECURITY GUARD: If you did, your badge would work, wouldn't it.

"Hm." Monica huffed

MONICA: Right. Um, I have a meeting with-

HAYWARD: Hey, you know who this is?

"Hayward?" Monica cocked an eyebrow, "Is he in charge?"

Hayward walks over.

MONICA: -this guy.

"I guess so." Monica shrugged, having had her question answered

HAYWARD: Captain Monica Rambeau.

MONICA: Director Tyler Hayward.

They shake hands.

HAYWARD: Acting director. You haven't aged a day.

"Yea that happens when you're gone for five years!" Darcy rolled her eyes

MONICA: And you look old as hell.

HAYWARD: Come on, let's catch you up.

He leads her through the doors. She pauses to look at a plaque of her mom on the way.

Monica solemnly looked down at her feet. Carol shook her head.

HAYWARD: It's been three weeks and you're the first to report. Can't say I'm surprised, captain.

MONICA: How are the numbers for the astronaut training program?

"Astronaut?" Fury looked at Monica, "Can't say I'm surprised." He smiled, freaking out a large portion of the group.

HAYWARD: Dismal. Lost half my personnel in the Blip, and half of those remaining have lost their nerve. The program hasn't been the same since you've been up there, Rambeau.

They pass through a large warehouse where various things are being built.

HAYWARD: Shifted away from manned missions and refocused on robotics, nanotech, AI. Sentient weapons, like it says on the door.

"The door said nothing about building weapons." Kate pointed out

MONICA: It also says observation and response on that door, not creation.

Kate pointed at Monica, and then herself, "Same wavelength!" She whispered

HAYWARD: World's not the same as you left it. Space is now full of unexpected threats.

"It always was." Carol rolled her eyes

"There's allies too." Fury added

MONICA: Always was full of threats, and allies.

They arrive at Hayward's office and stop in the hallway.

HAYWARD: Listen, Monica, I just want to acknowledge the awkwardness of the situation. I know S.W.O.R.D.'s your home. Your mom built this place from the ground up. you grew up here. You should've been here to help name the replacement.

"Your mom was the head?" Peter asked

Monica nodded

MONICA: You were the obvious choice.

HAYWARD: I was the only choice.

MONICA: I wasn't gonna say it. Look, Tyler, you know the job you have to do. I'm here to do mine.

HAYWARD: Let's get you back out there.

They enter his office.

HAYWARD: The F.B.I. is in a tizzy over a missing persons case up in Jersey-

"Missing persons?" Monica asked

MONICA: Missing persons?

HAYWARD: I know. But they have requested use of one of our imaging drones, and I need a chaperone.

MONICA: Tyler, drones usually chaperone me.

HAYWARD: I get it.

MONICA: Look, if this is because of... You don't have to worry about me. I'm good.

HAYWARD: There's no easy way to say this, but you're grounded.

"What?" Monica scoffed, "Grounded?"

"Makes sense." Fury shrugged, Monica turn around to glare at him, "You've been gone for five years, they need to know where your head is at before you man any sort of airship." He explained

MONICA: I'm sorry, what?

HAYWARD: Terrestrial missions only.

MONICA: You're kidding. For how long? Whose protocol is this?

HAYWARD: Your mother's. She implemented guidelines in the event vanished personnel ever returned. Look, I know it's a raw deal, but there is one positive takeaway.

"Maria was thinking ahead." Carol smiled

MONICA: What's that?

HAYWARD: She believed you'd come back. You'd be doing me a big favor with this F.B.I. thing, but if you need more time-

MONICA: No. No, I'm good to go.

HAYWARD: Excellent.

He hands her a file.

HAYWARD: Keep me updated, captain.

She walks away. Cut to shots of her driving. She leaves S.W.O.R.D. and heads into New Jersey, taking an exit ramp to get to Westview. When she pulls up, Jimmy Woo is talking to two local cops.

"Hey it's you!" Peter pointed at Jimmy.

Jimmy waved at him, "It's me!"

She gets out of her car and Jimmy approaches her.

JIMMY: James E. Woo, F.B.I.

He pulls out a card.

MONICA: Monica Rambeau, S.W.O.R.D.

She takes his card.

MONICA: What's the story here, Agent Woo?

JIMMY: I've got a witness set up down the road in Westview, and this morning, it looked like he flew the coop.

"Your missing person is in the Witness Protection Program?" Wanda asked

"Why does everyone keep asking that?" Jimmy pouted

MONICA: Your missing person is in the Witness Protection Program?

JIMMY: I have contacted known associates, relatives-

MONICA: And let me guess, none of them have seen him either?

JIMMY: No. None of them have ever heard of him.

"Never heard of them?" Clint asked

"Not even his mom could remember him." Jimmy shook his head.

JIMMY: Something seemed hanky to me, so I took the first flight out of Oakland to interface with local law enforcement, which is when I encountered a new wrinkle.

MONICA: What is that?

He nods over to the two cops. They walk over.

JIMMY: Pardon me, Sheriff, would you mind repeating your claim about Westview to my colleague here?

SHERIFF: No such place.

"There's a sign right behind you!" Tony gestured to said sign, "Do you think it's just decoration for the side of the road?"

The "Welcome To Westview" sign is seen right behind him.

MONICA: You're saying the town of Westview, New Jersey, doesn't exist?

SHERIFF: It's what I keep telling your G-Man here, but he won't listen?

MONICA: I see. And, um, I'm sorry, what town are you from?

SHERIFF: Eastview.

"If none of them can remember Westview why can you two?" Yelena asked

"We don't know." Jimmy shook his head, "Honestly, we know very little about the whole situation."

"Monica was the first thing to come back, but we got brought here before we could find anything out." Darcy explained

JIMMY: Thank you, Sheriff. I'll reach out if we need any further assistance.

They walk away.

JIMMY: I, uh, pulled phone numbers for all the residents. I'm only through the Ds, but so far I got Diddly Squat.

Tony snorted at the joke, earning himself a disapproving look from Strange.

MONICA: So, you can't reach anyone inside, and everyone on the outside has some sort of selective amnesia?

JIMMY: This isn't a missing persons case, Captain Rambeau, it's a missing town. Population three thousand, eight hundred, and ninety two.

"Oh my." Wanda whispered, "That many people?"

MONICA: Why haven't you gone inside to investigate?

JIMMY: Cause it doesn't want me to. You can feel it too, can't you?

They stare down the road into Westview.

JIMMY: Nobody's supposed to go in.

Monica pops her trunk and pulls out a small helicopter drone. She sets it up.

"Is that-" Peter started

"The one Wanda found?" Darcy finished, "Yea."

MONICA: What about you?

JIMMY: Me? Well, I'm from Bakersfield, originally. Growing up, other kids had Michael Jordan posters on their walls, but I had Eliot Ness.

MONICA: No, no, no, no, I mean, why is it that you have an awareness of Westview? Or me, for that matter?

She begins to fly the drone into the town.

MONICA: Is it because we are outside of a certain radius, or maybe because we don't have a personal connection?

"Possible." Strange shrugged, "Or she wasn't able to remove every bit of Westview from the internet."

JIMMY: Hmm.

The camera view of the drone begins to get static. They look up and see the drone missing.

MONICA: Wait, where'd it go?

JIMMY: It was right there.

They walk closer to the town. Monica spots a buzzing energy field.

"Looks like an old TV screen." Peter marveled.

"Like the one we had back home." Pietro whispered to Wanda.

JIMMY: What is it?

MONICA: Some sort of energy field.

She walks closer and reaches out towards it.

JIMMY: Careful, Rambeau.

She sticks her hand in and sees the effect on her hand.

"Don't stick your hand in the weird force field!" Tony shouted

JIMMY: Captain Rambeau. Watch it. Rambeau!

She sticks her hand in further and is suddenly pulled inside of the energy field.

"That's why you don't stick your hand in the weird force field!" Tony rolled his eyes

JIMMY: Captain Rambeau! Captain Rambeau!

Cut to a vehicle driving down the same road Monica drove in on. Text on screen reads, "24 HOURS LATER." Cut inside the vehicle. Two people sit in the front seats. The camera pans past a man to Darcy. She looks around at the other passengers.

Before anyone could react to her being in the screen, Darcy pointed at it herself, "I'm in the TV!"

DARCY: Hey.

Across from her and the man next to her are another man and woman. The man looks at her.

DARCY: What's your field?

MAN 1: We're not supposed to talk to each other.

DARCY: Hm. Boy Scout leader. Got it.

She turns to the woman.

DARCY: And you?

WOMAN: Nuclear Biology.

Darcy turns to the man next to her.

MAN 2: Artificial Intelligence.

DARCY: Astrophysics. We got the full clown car. It means whatever the threat is, S.W.O.R.D. clearly has no idea what they're dealing with.

Thor looked at Darcy, "I thought you worked with Jane?"

"I did!" She shrugged, "I was her intern. I'm not anymore."

MAN 1: I'm a chemical engineer.

DARCY: No one cares.

DRIVER: Alright, grab your gear.

The vehicle stops. The back doors open to a full S.W.O.R.D. camp. Darcy walks around and passes Hayward. The camera pans up to show more of the base. Text comes on screen which reads, "S.W.O.R.D. RESPONSE BASE/OUTSIDE WESTVIEW, NJ." Cut back to Darcy as she walks and looks around. A S.W.O.R.D. agent approaches her.

AGENT: Ms. Lewis.

"Dr. Lewis." Darcy corrected, the same time her onscreen counterpart did

DARCY: Dr. Lewis.

AGENT: We have your gear set up inside.

She follows him into a building. She watches out of a window as some other agents fly a drone into the energy field, causing the drone to disappear.

DARCY: Those drones you're sending in, what kind of data are you getting?

AGENT: I'm afraid that's highly classified.

DARCY: You can't see anything?

"Isn't is a waste of recourses to keep sending drones in of they're not getting anything?" Kate asked

Clint shrugged, "Yes and no. If you don't have any idea what you're working with, you have to find out somehow."

He doesn't respond. She puts her bag down.

DARCY: F.B.I., Army. I saw the Air Force Office of Special Investigations out there.

She sets down a briefcase.

DARCY: Research Lab, Space Command, too. A bona fide, joint, multi-service response. Really looking forward to the commemorative T-shirt. Is there somewhere a lady could get a cup of coffee?

"Everyone's involved in this." Natasha noted

She fiddles with a device.

DARCY: You guys look like you might get down with those little pod things. Horrendous for the environment.

AGENT: Make your assessment, please.

She finishes setting up and looks at the data.

"Woah." Tony and Bruce gasped

DARCY: Woah. I mean... Woah.

AGENT: What're you getting?

DARCY: A colossal amount of CMBR.

AGENT: CM-

"S.W.O.R.D.'s really got the best of the best huh?" Tony smirked

"Watch it." Monica warned him

DARCY: Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation.

AGENT: We've been told the radiation is within a safe limit.

DARCY: Uh, it is for now.

AGENT: Wait, what do you mean-

She shushes him.

DARCY: There are longer wavelengths superimposed over the noise here.

She looks around and struggles to lift a large device onto the desk.

"He's helpful." Yelena rolled her eyes at the agent.

DARCY: I got it.

She hooks it up to something. Grainy images appear on a screen. The agent leans over and watches. An image of Wanda barely registers for a moment.

DARCY: I need a TV. An old one. Like, not flat.

Cut to some time later. Some agents in radiation suits walk out of a building. A lowering device is situated over an open sewer. Hayward stands next to it as an agent approaches.

Pietro leaned over to Wanda, "Do you think that's-"

"The bee keeper." Wanda whispered

HAYWARD: You good to go?

FRANKLIN: Yes, sir.

HAYWARD: These sewers will take you straight into town. Try to find anything you can on Rambeau.

FRANKLIN: Copy that.

Franklin eases himself down into the sewers. Another agent winds out a cable hooked to Franklin. A man speaks to Franklin on a radio.

"If drones aren't coming back why would you send a man in?" Sam asked

Jimmy nodded "Thank you!"

MAN: Agent Franklin. We're gonna keep this channel open for you.

FRANKLIN: Copy.

Cut back out of the sewers.

HAYWARD: Keep me updated.

Hayward walks away. Jimmy follows.

JIMMY: Director Hayward, between you, me, and the bedpost, I am not confident about this mission.

HAYWARD: Thanks for the feedback, Jimmy. If only my drones were as forthcoming.

They enter a nearby tent.

JIMMY: There's no reason to suspect the perimeter doesn't extend subterraneously.

"Glad so see someone else in that tent was actually thinking." Darcy huffed

HAYWARD: There's no reason to suspect it does.

JIMMY: We don't know enough about the nature of the threat to send in another agent when the first is yet to return.

They arrive in a control room.

HAYWARD: Someone must really miss you back in Quantico.

JIMMY: No, sir. Softball season's over, sir.

"Softball?" Peter looked at Jimmy

"I like to play." Jimmy shrugged

HAYWARD: What do we have up?

AGENT: Radar, lidar, sodar, infrared.

HAYWARD: Cycle through.

The agent displays data on a holographic table as well as screens around the room. Hayward looks around.

HAYWARD: Will someone get me a useful visual, damn it?

Audience laughter is suddenly heard nearby.

HAYWARD: What is that?

Dialogue from episode one is heard distantly.

HAYWARD: Who's doing that?

Every in the room turns over to Darcy, who's watching the first episode on a T.V.

"Still don't understand why it's a sitcom." Darcy shook her head

"They're simple." Wanda answered, "Everything is all nice and neat at the end of each episode."

Tony and Strange shared a knowing, worried look.

WANDA: Who are those people?

VISION: What are you wearing?

WANDA: Why are they here?

VISION: What are you wearing?

Jimmy, Hayward, and other agents come over to watch Darcy's monitor.

WANDA: Well, it's our anniversary?

VISION: Our anniversary of what?

WANDA: Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!

JIMMY: Is that...?

DARCY: Yeah, it looks like her.

"Do you people know who I am?" Wanda asked

"You're an Avenger." Darcy replied, "Obviously we know who you are."

"I'm- what?" Wanda looked at Pietro, "An Avenger?"

"I don't think that's happened for her yet." Jimmy whispered

WANDA: You move at the speed of sound, and I can make a pen float through the air. Who needs to abbreviate?

DARCY: Look, I know it's been a crazy few years on this planet, but he's dead, right? Not blipped, dead.

Those that had just found this out looked down, or at Vision. Vision stared blankly at the screen

Wanda unconsciously reached for Visions hand. Not realizing she'd done it until he squeezed it.

VISION: Excellent plan. Where's the tenderizer?

HAYWARD: What am I looking at? You, what is this? Where's this coming from?

DARCY: Out there.

AGNES: You didn't answer the back door. For your upside-down cake. Oh, hi! I-

HAYWARD: Is it authentic?

DARCY: I'm not sure how to answer that.

HAYWARD: Is it happening in real time? Is it recorded, fabricated?

"How could you be expected to know all of that when you just found it." Melina rolled her eyes

DARCY: I don't know, I don't know, and I don't know.

HAYWARD: What do you know?

DARCY: My equipment registered an extremely high level of CMBR. That's-

HAYWARD: Relic radiation dating back to the big bang.

DARCY: Yeah, entwined was a broadcast frequency, so I had your goons pick me up a sweet vintage T.V., and when I plug this bad boy in, voila, sound and picture.

Darcy flipped her hair off her shoulder

WANDA: Dinner is served.

JIMMY: So you're saying the universe created a sitcom starring two Avengers?

DARCY: It's a working theory.

HAYWARD: Get me a transport back to headquarters now.

The agent Darcy talked to earlier scurries off.

HAYWARD: Are we recording this?

DARCY: Never stopped.

HAYWARD: I need immediate analysis. Now, people. Let's go!

Everyone but Darcy and Jimmy scatter.

DARCY: He's a charmer.

JIMMY: Great work.

DARCY: Hey, thanks!

Jimmy leaves.

DARCY: Maybe I could get that coffee now? Or not. That's cool.

"Had to get the stupid coffee myself." Darcy grumbled, "Wasn't even that good."

Darcy turns back to the show. Wanda and Vision kiss.

DARCY: Aw.

The shot cuts to Darcy's monitor and then pulls back. She takes some notes, then closes her notebook and puts down her pen.

"That was you?" Peter blurted.

The rest of the group looked at Darcy

"Yea?" Darcy looked at all the faces staring at her, "Is there something I missed?"

"At the end of the first episode," Vision began

"The one set in the 50s!" Kate added

"We saw that shot of someone watching the show. We weren't sure who it was." Vision explained

"Oh." Darcy tilted her head, "Weird."

Cut to an external shot of the main tent in the camp.

JIMMY: First and foremost our main objective is to get any intel on Captain Rambeau-

Cut inside. Someone wheels in some old fashioned televisions. The camera pans from them to Jimmy talking to a group of people including Darcy.

JIMMY: -but originally, this case was a missing person, so we're going to start there. We've successfully identified two individuals inside the Westview anomaly.

He places pictures of Wanda and Vision on a board behind him.

JIMMY: Let's keep going.

Cut to a shot from the first episode playing on a monitor.

MRS. HART: This guest is leaving your home.

Darcy types something on a computer. Cut to another monitor with a large hexagon. Cut to Jimmy writing on a whiteboard.

DARCY: Mr. and Mrs. Hart.

Jimmy turns to see Darcy holding up two pieces of paper.

DARCY: Played by Todd and Sharon Davis.

"Oh." Wanda whispered.

Seeing these people's real names made the fact that these were real people all more pressing. And that it was likely her doing that they were forced to act a certain way was becoming more evident.

She places them beside the pictures of Wanda and Vision. Cut to someone watching a scene from the first episode where Norm talks to Vision.

NORM: Computational forms. And no one can process the data quite like you, pal.

AGENT: Agent Woo.

Jimmy turns and receives a file from the agent.

NORM: You're like a walking computer!

JIMMY: Abhilash Tandon is Norm.

Jimmy puts Abhilash's file up on the board. Cut to him writing on the whiteboard. Darcy continues working on her computer.

DARCY: Harold Copter is Jones.

Jimmy puts up another file.

JIMMY: We got Isabel Matsueida cast as Beverly.

Darcy puts up another file.

DARCY: John Collins as Herb.

"All these people." Wanda shook her head, "Forced to become someone else."

Strange and Tony both were watching Wanda as this was happening.

A part of Tony was glad he was in the know, but another part of him wished Strange hadn't shared his theory. Sure Wanda had done some not great stuff before switch sides, but this didn't seem like something the Wanda he knew would do. Tony didn't like to think she was capable of it.

Jimmy stares at the board. Darcy walks past a monitor and gasps, dropping her food. On the monitor is Monica as an extra in a shot.

"We didn't see that episode!" Kate pointed at the screen

"What did you see?" Jimmy asked

"We saw Vision and Wanda have dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Hart." Peter said

"And the talent show." Shuri added

"And the babies be born." Yelena finished

"You guys have only seen three episodes?" Darcy asked, "Man, your missing out, it's a good show." It took a moment, but Darcy then realized how what she'd just said sounded, "Minus the whole enslaving an entire town thing!"

DARCY: Does she seem okay to you?

JIMMY: Well, she doesn't appear to be harmed in any way, but that is definitely not the boss lady I met yesterday.

DARCY: So, what, deep cover? Monica has to play along?

JIMMY: With whom? Or else, what? Alright. Brass tacks, Dr. Lewis. What are we looking at here? Is it an alternate reality? Time travel? Some cockamamie social experiment?

DARCY: It's a sitcom. A 1950s sitcom.

JIMMY: But why?

"I'd love to know that." Tony sighed, propping himself up on his arm rest.

DARCY: Hey, man, we're working with the same scarcity of intel. But, listen, I do have an idea.

Cut outside. Darcy and Jimmy stand next to a truck with gear on the back.

DARCY: So, you've seen that radio on Wanda's kitchen counter, right? The next time she's washing dishes, which by my count happens about once an episode, barf, we'll shoot a signal to that little guy. This transmitter will mimic the frequency of the broadcast, and if my theory is right, allow us to speak directly to her. This is totally gonna work.

"Wish it had." Darcy pouted, she earned some strange looks, but no one said anything.

Jimmy reaches for a machine.

DARCY: Don't touch that.

AGENT: Agent Woo.

An agent approaches Jimmy with a file.

JIMMY: Is this from the current episode?

AGENT: Aired about two minutes ago.

DARCY: What is it?

JIMMY: What does it look like to you?

Darcy looks at the file and sees the mini-helicopter from episode two.

DARCY: Like a retro version of a S.W.O.R.D. drone?

JIMMY: Bingo.

DARCY: But how did it change? And why?

JIMMY: Uh, to go with the production design?

"Force everything to be from the same time period?" Natasha provided

DARCY: Or render it useless.

JIMMY: Why'd you colorize it?

AGENT: I didn't.

Darcy and Jimmy look at each other.

DARCY: Let's get this show on the road.

Jimmy hands the file back to the agent, who leaves. Darcy sets up the transmitter and runs into a nearby tent. Jimmy puts on a headset. Cut inside the tent. Darcy puts on a headset of her own.

DARCY: Jimmy, you ready?

She sees him give a thumbs-up through a window.

JIMMY: Ready.

Darcy sits down at a nearby monitor and sees episode two playing.

DOTTIE: ...bigger and better every season.

DARCY: Uh, Jimmy, Monica is talking to Wanda. She's got a speaking part now.

JIMMY: What is she saying?

GERALDINE: Those pants are peachy keen!

DARCY: She likes Wanda's pants. Wanda's at some sort of swim club. We've never been here before.

JIMMY: Is it the 60s still?

DARCY: Uh... Wanda's with another character.

"Character?" Steve asked, looking unimpressed

JIMMY: Real person.

WANDA: I can't help but wonder if you and I haven't gotten-

DARCY: Ooh, uh, radio on the side table. Start talking.

Jimmy speaks into the transmitter.

JIMMY: Wanda. Wanda, can you read me, over?

DOTTIE: I don't-

JIMMY: Can she hear me?

DARCY: I don't think so. Keep trying.

JIMMY: Wanda.

Radio distortion can be heard in the episode.

JIMMY: Wanda? Wanda? Who is doing this to you, Wanda? Wanda, can you hear me? I'm here to help you.

The episode suddenly cuts.

"That's not what happened!" Thor pointed at the screen, "We heard him talking to Wanda!"

"It got through?" Jimmy asked

"Yea," Pietro looked back at Jimmy, "Wanda and Dottie heard you talking. Dottie crushed her cup."

"Then started acting like nothing happened." Peter added

"That's weird. I wonder why it cut." Darcy thought out loud

DOTTIE: Pop quiz, Wanda. How does a housewife get a bloodstain out of white linen?

DARCY: Wait.

JIMMY: What?

DARCY: I don't know.

DOTTIE: By doing it herself.

DARCY: That was weird.

JIMMY: What was?

The episode cuts to commercial.

DARCY: Nothing. It's over. Mission failure.

"Not anymore!" Darcy fist bumped the air

JIMMY: It was worth a try. Good effort, doctor.

DARCY: Yeah, come on in.

Jimmy takes off his headset and looks at the energy field.

CUT TO: INT. SEWERS, NIGHT

Franklin continues his way through the sewers. A voice comes in over the radio.

MAN: Agent Franklin, we have you give meters outside of the perimeter.

The energy field shimmers ahead of Franklin. He passes through it. His radiation suit turns into a beekeeping suit, and the cable turns into a jump rope, which falls off of him.

"It was the beekeeper." Wanda frowned

MAN: Agent Franklin?

Back on the surface, they reel the cable back in. An agent picks up the jump rope and stares at it in confusion. Inside Westview, Franklin exits the sewers. He turns to black and white.

VISION: Wanda.

Franklin swivels. Wanda and Vision stand nearby.

WANDA: No.

CUT TO: INT. S.W.O.R.D. TENT, NIGHT

Agents set up more old T.V.s. The third episode plays on some of them.

WANDA: Ooh, darling, do you think it's time to-

VISION: Call the doctor?

WANDA: Yeah. Yes I do, dear.

Pan to Darcy and Jimmy watching the show.

DARCY: 1950s, 1960s, and now the '70s. Why does it keep switching time periods? It can't be purely for my enjoyment, can it?

"Enjoyment?" Steve looked at Darcy

"You gotta find joy in your work." She shot back, "Get off my back, I'm still working the case aren't I?"

She eats some chips.

JIMMY: And I can't believe Wanda and Vision are having a baby.

DARCY: You want any?

JIMMY: Heck, I thought about it for sure. A little Jimmy Woo. Get him a tiny little F.B.I. badge.

Darcy holds up her chips.

"That was embarrassing." Jimmy looked down

JIMMY: Oh, you... chip? Sure.

GERALDINE: You're doing great. Look at me, look at me.

DARCY: The jig is up.

GERALDINE: It's time to start pushing. You ready? Push, Wanda, push!

"Are we going to see what went down between Wanda and Monica?" Peter asked

"I hope so." Monica answered

"Me too." Wanda nodded, "I hope it wasn't bad." She thought

Darcy and Jimmy watch as Geraldine holds up a baby.

WANDA: Hi. Oh, he's perfect.

DARCY: Twins. What a twist.

Jimmy looks at her.

DARCY: What? I'm invested.

GERALDINE: He was killed by Ultron, wasn't he.

Pietro looked at Wanda, who put a hand on his shoulder.

They both swivel.

JIMMY: Did she just say the name Ultron? Has that happened before? A reference to our reality?

DARCY: No, never.

GERALDINE: Hey, I'll take a shift rocking the babies.

WANDA: No, I think you should leave.

GERALDINE: Oh, Wanda, don't be like that.

WANDA: Who are you?

GERALDINE: Wanda...

DARCY: Wow, this is different.

The show abruptly cuts to Wanda and Vision holding the twins while the credits play.

"That's definitely not all that happened." Loki shook his head

JIMMY: What happened? Where'd she go?

DARCY: God, not again.

Darcy rewinds the show.

WANDA: Who are you?

GERALDINE: Wanda...

The same abrupt cut occurs.

DARCY: There's nothing here. One second, Monica is standing right there, and the next, she isn't. Someone is censoring the broadcast.

"Who would do that?" Bucky asked

"Me." Wanda whispered

JIMMY: But where's Rambeau?

An alarm suddenly goes off.

P.A.: Alert! Boundary has been breached! Alert! Boundary has been breached!

The shot zooms in on Darcy's monitor and cuts to the scene as it played out. Wanda continues cornering Geraldine.

Darcy leaned to the edge of her seat, "Oh boy!"

WANDA: Who are you?

GERALDINE: I don't...

WANDA: Who are you?

GERALDINE: Wanda, I'm just your neighbor.

WANDA: Then how could you know about Ultron?

Wanda creates glowing red balls in her hands.

WANDA: You're not my neighbor. And you're definitely not my friend. You are a stranger and an outsider. And right now, you are trespassing here. And I want you to leave.

"No!" Wanda moaned, she squeezing Visions hand and the armrest

She sends Geraldine flying backwards through three walls and then out of Westview.

(A/N: this is dumb but did anyone else notice that Monica went through three walls then the wall of the Hex, or a forth wall. Monica broke the fourth wall)

Back inside, Wanda turns off her powers. She looks at the holes in the walls for a moment and then rebuilds them. The babies coo. She walks over to them. The door opens behind her. Vision enters in the background.

VISION: Wanda? Where is Geraldine?

Cut to Monica sitting in the grass outside Westview. Cars and agents pull up around her. Back inside, Wanda stares forward.

WANDA: Oh, she left, honey. She had to rush home.

Wanda turns around. Vision is shown to have a massive wound in his head, the color drained from his face.

"Ah!" Darcy jumped back in her seat

Peters eyes widened in shock. Tony's mouth hung open, as did Steve's. Tchala, Natasha and Clint looked away from the screen. The rest of the room froze.

Wanda grabbed Vision hands with her other hand, now holding it with both hands. Vision reached up to the stone, where the hole was on his on screen counter part.

"So that's how Thanos took it." He said

Wanda gasps and looks away.

VISION: What? What is it? What's wrong?

Wanda looks up again and Vision appears normal again.

WANDA: Uh...

VISION: We don't have to stay here. We could go wherever we want.

WANDA: No, we can't. This is our home.

VISION: Are you sure?

WANDA: Oh, don't worry, darling. I have everything under control.

"Why am I doing this?" Wanda asked, "Why cause so many people to be someone their not?"

Back outside, an agent tends to Monica. Darcy and Jimmy run over.

JIMMY: Monica, are you okay?

MONICA: It's Wanda. It's all Wanda.

Back inside, Wanda picks up a twin.

WANDA: Well, what should we watch tonight?

She passes Vision, who is also holding a twin. He gives a nervous smile and sits on the couch next to her.

END CREDITS

"That was, unexpected." Thor exhaled

"I don't think I can ever unsee that."
Peter rubbed his eyes.

Tony felt something in his hand. Another folded piece of paper. He whistled for everyone attention, then began reading.

"Avengers and friends, you've been here for several hours now. It would be understandable if you were hungry or needed to relieve your self. You all have been permitted the use of restrooms and a small buffet. Just looked to the back of the room."

They all turned to the back of the room to find a small buffet table had appeared, along with two doors on the back wall. One labeled men's the other women's.

The group took advantage of both, as well as the chance to digest all of the new information, before settling back down.

The screen lit up for episode five.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.5K 21
Just a wrong number story Avengers Peter accidentally texts the wrong number but will that wrong number become something more?
555K 14.4K 22
❝you didn't see that coming?❞ ❝actually, i did❞ [PIETRO MAXIMOFF/QUICKSILVER] [AGE OF ULTRON]
33.8K 1.5K 42
𝗙𝗔𝗑𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗬 π—Ÿπ—”π—‘π—— | ❝ π˜šπ˜– π˜ π˜–π˜œ 'π˜™π˜Œ π˜šπ˜ˆπ˜ π˜π˜•π˜Ž π˜›π˜π˜Œ π˜œπ˜•π˜π˜π˜Œπ˜™π˜šπ˜Œ π˜Šπ˜™π˜Œπ˜ˆπ˜›π˜Œπ˜‹ 𝘈 π˜šπ˜π˜›π˜Šπ˜–π˜” π˜šπ˜›π˜ˆπ˜™π˜™π˜π˜•π˜Ž π˜›π˜žπ˜– π˜ˆπ˜π˜Œπ˜•π˜ŽοΏ½...
44.2K 2.2K 11
i wait and ache wandavision on hold