Possessed Soul

By Cyberspace_Girl

Soul Trilogy Book 1: Possessed Soul Sage Foster always knew that there was something wrong with her; she fain... More

Prologue
Part 1- Sage Foster: Chapter 1
Cast of Characters:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Part 2-Kaden Blythe:Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Part 3- Sage Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Part 4-Kaden Blythe Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Part 5- Sage Foster Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Part 6-Kaden Blythe Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Part 7-Sage Foster Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue

Chapter 15

74 63 64
By Cyberspace_Girl

Chapter 15

"I have a plan to get us out of here, " I told her. It wasn't one of my best ideas; hell, it was the worst idea I had ever had, but I was out of options here.

"An idea that involves you using me again?" she asked with confidence, as if she didn't for a second doubt her own words.

"Kind of." It was no use lying, she was going to find out in any event. I waited for her to say no or she didn't want to hear it, but her reaction surprised me. That was one of the things I liked about her, she never said or did what I thought she would.

"Fine, let's hear it," she replied.

"So," I wasn't sure how to go about this without scaring her, so I started explaining slowly. "That guy over there ...." I tilted my head towards Officer Johnson.

She waited for me to continue, her hazel eyes surveying my face in a way that showed she was hanging on to my every word.

"He's into you." I shrugged, as if this was normal: A police officer having feelings for a hot criminal... it might have been normal for all I knew.

"Right," she scoffed, disbelieving. "Let's pretend for a second I believe you. what does that have to do with anything."

"Foxie, you really know nothing about men, do you?"

"Shut up."

"I'm going to need you to trust me." I stepped closer to her, practically on top of her.

Her face tilted upwards slightly, but then she quickly looked down at her feet. "I swear if you kiss me again..." her threat trailed off.

"You'll stick a knife into my chest and twist it, until my heart turns into mush?"

"I was going to say I would slap you." She looked horrified and slightly out of breath. "But thanks for the suggestion, I might end up using it," she added, the horror on her face not wavering.

"You're too sweet to do something like that." I could feel the heat of her body radiating onto mine. She looked at me expectantly, the way girls looked at me when they wanted to be kissed. I looked at her lips and wondered if they were as sweet as I remembered. And part of me wanted to know if she'd actually slap me.

"Kaden?" I liked the way she said my name, hearing her say it was like she was trying to put me under a hypnosis spell. I lost all control and was incapable of stringing a sentence together. "Your plan?"

"My plan?" I shook my head and tried to get my brain back on track. "My plan?" I repeated more for my benefit than for hers. It's like she had managed to make me drunk, just by speaking my name.

Her face was scrunched up in what looked like a mixture of annoyance and confusion.

I shook my head, trying to focus on the idea that had crawled into my head just minutes earlier.

"Do you trust me?" I asked her.

"No," she replied, with only a moment's hesitation.

"Well, too bad," I grabbed the front of her jersey and with one powerful tug, ripped the jersey down the middle. There was a soft sound as the fabric tore; I looked at Officer Johnson to see if he noticed anything, but he was currently dozing in his chair. His body was slouched, and his cap was pulled over his eyes.

Sage's eyes pooled with emotions as she pulled away, the most prominent emotion being fear. I thought it was bad enough that she hated me, but it was worse now that she feared me.

Her big eyes grew bigger as she started breathing heavily. She pressed her body against the wall and opened her mouth to scream.

I quickly put a hand over her mouth. Maybe I should have explained what I was doing, before doing it. Her screams were muffled and her struggles were in vain, as her breath only succeeded in ticking my palm.

"Hear me out." I tried to look everywhere but her bare chest, but that was proving difficult. I was a male, so of course I'd look.

"Just show yourself to Johnson," I told her. "He'll come in, not expecting me to knock him out."

"You're bloody insane," she hissed, when I took my hand away. I didn't expect her to swear, but if she was going to swear I thought she'd use a stronger word.

I smile at her despite myself. "Why, thank you fair maiden." I made a show of bowing, partly because it gave me the perfect excuse to look at the floor, instead of her nakedness and partly because I was trying to be humorous in a situation that was anything but funny.

"You don't think the rest of the cops will come after us?" She had grabbed both sides of her jersey and was holding it together. She was really pissed off with me, which made it unclear if she would go through with my plan or not.

"I'm fast," I responded.

"But I'm not," she confessed. "This is a crappy idea."

"I'm not going to let them catch you, even if I have to swing you over my shoulder or carry you bridal style out of here," I assured her.

"I can't," she mumbled.

"Foxie," I sighed. "You'll be in no danger, I'm right here with you."

"How's that supposed to make me feel better?" she asked, sarcastically.

"I don't know about you, but I'm too gorgeous to spend the rest of my life in this fucking cell."

"Funny you should say that." She looked up at the ceiling deep in thought. "If you're so gorgeous, why aren't you distracting him, while I knock him unconscious."

"Because your punch would feel like a kiss," I replied. "And I don't think he's gay."

"He could be," she argued.

"Please." I can't remember the last time I used that word. It tasted funny in my mouth.

She shook her head. When had girls started disobeying me?

I gingerly touched her cheek and she shivered against my touch. "If you don't, I'll kiss you again." I threatened her. I saw something flicker in her eyes, something close to hatred.

"Fine," she sighed, realising there was no way out. Part of me was willing to stay in this jail cell if it meant I would get to kiss her again. Fuck, Kaden. I chided myself. I really needed to get my priorities straight.

She turned towards the sleeping officer and dropped both sides of her jersey. I felt bad for making her do this, she seemed so innocent and pure; but this was the only way I could see us getting out of here . So I ignored the little voice at the back of my head that told me this was wrong.

"Officer Johnson, she called. Her voice wasn't loud, but it wasn't soft either; like she was afraid her voice would be too shaky if she yelled, but not whispering because she wasn't sure if that would catch his attention.

Officer Johnson remained motionless. I would have assumed he was dead, if not for the steady rise and fall of his chest.

"Officer Johnson," Sage said, an octave louder this time. He was immediately awake and alert. From the way he bolted upright it looked like he was simply resting his eyes, not actually sleeping.

His uniform was creased from the awkward position he had been sleeping in, and his hair was ruffled, in a way that would have looked good on someone younger than him.

Officer Johnson's eyes widened at Sage's appearance. His eyes went where I expected them to go. Sage squirmed in visible discomfort and I curled both my hands into fists, thumbs outside like I had been taught, in preparation for what I intended to do.

"My jersey ripped," Sage told him, breathing heavily and nervously.

"I can see that," Officer Johnson nodded his head and got up from his chair. "So, what would you like me to do about that?" he asked, his eyes never wavering from her breasts.

"Well..." Sage was momentarily caught off guard. "Maybe you could find something else for me to wear?"

"I don't know." He licked his lips. "I kind of prefer you this way." He seemed pleased with himself for saying such a dirty thing and then went back to sit at his desk.

Sage turned to look at me. "Now what?," she mouthed.

Damn, this was not part of the plan.

"Invite him in," I suggested, careful to keep my voice low.

"How?" she whispered.

"Tell him to come in," I told her. "In a seductive way."

She sighed and closed her eyes, mentally preparing herself. I moved against the wall and pressed flat against it. If we were lucky Johnson would forget I existed and concentrate solely on Sage. I was positioned so that I could see Sage's profile when she was turned towards the front desk.

"Would you like to come in?" She pushed her chest out, which made me wonder if she was as innocent as I believed her to be. She batted her eyelashes and beckoned the officer using her index finger.

Officer Johnson looked at her and then at the door, making sure nobody else was watching. And sure enough, the station was empty. He bit his lips in deliberation, before finally giving in and reaching for the keys that hung on the wall above his head. He took a lot more convincing than I would have thought.

It wasn't long before Officer Johnson was in the cell. He had carelessly left the gate open, so it would have been easy for me to escape, but I couldn't leave Sage. It was because of her we were getting out of here, plus God only knew what Officer Johnson would do to her.

Officer Johnson grabbed Sage and pulled her towards him. His fingers were quick as he pushed her jersey off her shoulders. And then he hungrily attacked her lips. Me being the idiot I was, I watched everything unfold in horror. Sage struggled against him and I couldn't move. I had put her in this position... it was all my fault.

"Kaden," she gasped, as Officer Johnson pulled away. Her voice shocked my limbs into moving and I brought my hands down in either side of Johnson's head. He screamed out in pain and staggered away from Sage. I took advantage of his instability and pulled the rifle from his belt. I aimed the back of the rifle at his forehead and slammed it into him. The blow was enough to render him unconscious.

His body fell limply to the floor at the same time that Sage started weeping. 

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 74 12
Ranked #4 on 15th August 2017 This paranormal crime thriller has been published by Flugel Publishing House and available as Paperback as well as Eboo...
41 8 22
The death of a lifetime is finally here after 13 months! New Chapter every day! "Human nature is evil, and goodness is caused by intentional activity...
46.6K 3.8K 52
Sage Asher just moved to Maple Town with his parents. He quickly befriends Caden Jones, the school's nerdy rich boy with a bad past in his family. N...
10.7K 269 33
-rewritten- Maly fern she's innocently naive to the world around her but when you look beyond the small frail girl you see the darkness that surround...