Would you hate us if you knew...

By katebluejaguar

'Five' years before the eight eves meet their Servamps (including Sakuya), the eves had a very mysterious and... More

hello
Prologue: The past!
chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Question time!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46.

Chapter 14

194 8 5
By katebluejaguar

Bang.

The three froze. 

Sakuya looked around and spotted an SSWEA agent standing on the stairwell that lead to the roof. The same roof that they were currently standing on. He exchanged a glance with Niccolo and Iduna. One wrong move and they would get arrested.

The SSWEA agent got to the top of the stairwell and slowly made his way over. And of cause, he had a gun.  Typical. Same old, same old. Why do they always use the same weapons? "Don't move! Identification."

Iduna sighed. "Shit. Run!" And that's what they did.

They jumped over rooftops as the agent started shouting and probably calling for backup. 

"Good thing we are wearing masks." Niccolo chuckled.

"Totally. Our masks are saving us." Sakuya said agreeing.

Iduna nodded. "If they actually found out who we are then we would be in real trouble. They would know not to shoot us. Anyway, change of plans. Before they find out who we really are, Sakuya, run and get Tsurugi away."

Sakuya turned his head slightly so he could see his friend out of the corner of his eye. "What will you guys be doing?" He asked not hiding the fear that flowed through his words.

Niccolo looked over his shoulder to see how far back the enemy was. "We will be leading them away so you can get out safely." The way he had said it, Sakuya thought that he might be getting insulted for not figuring out the obvious.

Sakuya watched as Iduna reached into her pocket and pulled out a box. "Before we part ways, catch." Sakuya caught the box that she had thrown to him. "Inside is the USB which contains the information that we got." She continued. Sakuya nodded. "I'll keep it safe. You two be safe and don't blow our cover." He promised her. He was slightly disappointed in himself that he couldn't help his friends. 

Niccolo nodded. "Please, when you reach the safehouse warn the others."

Sakuya separated from them and hid behind a chimney. He watched his friends run over rooftops before vanishing from sight. He ducked just in time as the SSWEA agents ran by. He waited for a while then after making sure the coast was clear, he ran back, avoiding alleyways, streets, and finally reached the hotel. Jumping through the window he surprised Tsurugi. 

Tsurugi was confused as to why his green-haired friend was back so early. "Sakuya did something happen? Why are you back so early?"

Sakuya ran around gathering everything up. Tsurugi helped when he saw what his friend was doing. "We got found out, but our masks covered our identities. Contact Mahiru and tell him that Iduna and Niccolo will end up getting caught."

Tsurugi pulled out his phone and did as he was told. "What are we gonna do?"

Sakuya sighed. "Once we pack everything up, we will continue to the safehouse as planned."

"But what about Iduna and Niccolo?"

"They will be fine, Tsurugi. Besides out of all of us they are the ones that have a low chance of not blowing our cover. They can handle themselves and talk their way out of anything. They have done it before and they'll do it again. They will escape. I have to make sure you get out of the city undetected."

Tsurugi put his phone in his pocket and pulled on his mask. A white dog mask that Sakuya had made for him and pulled his hood up. "I have texted Mahiru and everything is packed so let's go!"

Sakuya went to the window opposite the window that they were using to climb out and lite a firework. The dark green firework soared up into the night sky. 

Tsurugi stared at him. "Are you crazy?"

"Or were you not paying attention before? Fireworks is how we communicate. I can't exactly call the others or go and find them now can I?"

Tsurugi remembered what Mahiru had indeed said about using the fireworks. Sakuya sprinted to the window where Tsurugi was standing and without another word they grabbed the bags and leaped out the window.
___________________________________________
(With Misono's group)

Misono and the others had silently crept through the city. Slipping silently through windows and slighting throats. Each target. One by one.

The group paused to take a break for Misono.

Licht looked at his friend with worry. "Are you okay, Misono?"

"Yes. I'm fine. I just need to catch my breath."

Tetsu looked around as he was keeping guard. "How many do we have left to do?"

Misono stood. "10 are dead. 2 more to go."

"We cannot continue." Licht suddenly said, urgently.

Misono spun around where he stood to face Licht, nearly tripping over his feet in the process. "What do you mean we have to stop? Why?"

Licht pointed at the firework that had gone into the sky and they all watched as it fell and disappeared.

Lucky sighed. "It's green so that's Sakuya."

"It's dark green so that means danger. Iduna and Niccolo! Something must have happened." Tetsu exclaimed.

Licht thought for a moment. "Judging from the direction, it came from the hotel where we left Tsurugi. So Sakuya must have gotten to him and got him out."

Misono stared at him. He himself could have figured it out quite easily but Licht? He may be his friend, but in his opinion, he isn't very bright or very smart. He was usually more wrong than right. There was a reason why Mahiru was the boss and Misono was picked to be second in command and not Licht. "How can you be so sure?"

"Because I'm an angel!" Licht reminded them, doing his angel pose.

Everyone stared at him.

'And there he goes again! Why did I expect him to actually give a proper answer using evidence? Clearly, he still hasn't grown up yet, despite being over 100 years old! Why is this guy so irritating!? ' Misono thought to himself. 

'I expected that. The day he learns that he is not an angel will be the day I finally see flying pigs! And if there can be a flying hedgehog called Shit Rat, then flying pigs are not impossible!' Lucky sighed as he watched Misono have a glaring contest with Licht.

Tetsu just stood there smiling. 'Just like the good old times!' He thought remembering all the times when Misono and Licht would always get into arguments about the most ridiculous things, resulting in everyone laughing.

Kouki and Ryusei who had been silent for the whole time mainly because they had gone to scout ahead, walked back to where everyone was.

"Um, what's going on?" Kouki asked staring at Licht and Misono.

"These two kids over here got into another argument, again!" Lucky complained.

"We are not children!" Licht and Misono said at the same time.

"Anyway, we too saw the firework. Which means we need to head back and meet up with the others at the safehouse." Ryusei said getting straight to the point.

Everyone nodded, stood, and began to run the long way to the safe house to avoid the risk of anyone else getting caught.
____________________________________
~With Mahiru's group~

Mahiru, Alex, and Mikuni all stood in the kitchen of Gear's house. Mahiru was holding up a photo with Alex looking over his shoulder while tapping on her phone, and Mikuni was looking through the file of information that Gear had given them.

"Are you sure this is her?" Alex asked the Werewolf. The photo had been taken from a faraway distance, but Gear was good with taking long-distance photos. The picture was of a woman. She was just an ordinary woman to some people, but to them, she was the one who was the supreme ruler of the SSWEA, have been the one who started it in the first place. Only a few had ever seen her up close, and only a few had survived. And those people were Mahiru and Misono. And neither had spoken to the rest of the group for months.

Gear had been busy watching Mahiru. Mahiru had indeed saved his life. When he was about to be executed, Mahiru saved him. Unfortunately, he had received 20 lashings. He knew because they had done it right in front of him. But still, Mahiru had saved his life, so he had promised that if the time came, if they were going into battle to destroy the organization, to come and find him, so he could help them. "Yes, that's her. Except she doesn't go out in about without that horrible black cloth over her face. And she never stays in the same base for long."

"I see she still has a horrible fashion taste. She really is behind on the times. I mean come on, doesn't she ever go shopping or at least read the newspaper?" Mikuni muttered, making Alex laugh and Mahiru chuckle.

Alex then looked at Gear with worried and concerned eyes. "Aren't you going to get in trouble for helping us?"

Gear smiled. 'Alex still hasn't changed. She still cares more about other people's safety rather than her own.' He chuckled. "Nothing I can't talk my way out of. And it's only if they can find me. Besides, it's what friends do!"

Mahiru looked around and spoke for the first time since they had arrived. "Where is Youtarou?"

"As long as he doesn't see you until we leave, he is innocent if the SSWEA or C3 ever come looking for you guys."

"That is a wise and reasonable decision." Mikuni nodded, complimenting Gear.

Alex suddenly raised her hand. "Ah, we need to get going!"

Mikuni looked over alerted. "Why? Did something happen?"

Alex told them the text that Tsurugi had put onto their private chat.

"Yup, we defiantly should get going!" Mikuni exclaimed spinning around, files folded into the inside pocket of his jacket, heading straight for the door.

Alex sighed and followed him.

Gear hugged Mahiru. "Everything will turn out fine. Now get going. When Youtarou gets back, we'll make for the safe house as planned. And if I get unwanted visitors or phone calls, I haven't seen or spoken with you guys!"

Mahiru hugged him back, then he too turned and ran to catch up.
__________________________________________
~Meanwhile with Iduna and Niccolo~

They had managed to make it far without getting caught. They had stopped to take a short break inside an abandoned asylum. 

Niccolo had one hand on the wall to support him as he was catching his breath. "I think we lost him."

Iduna was leaning against the wall next to him. "If...they had known who we were...then he would have known not to shoot us and that he...couldn't catch us by himself."

"I agree. We need to be cautious through. Plus we need to take the long way around to meet up with the others."

"Remind me again, Niccolo, why do we have to take the long way!"

"Because Iduna, Mahiru is our leader, but if he is captured, we can handle our own. However..."

Iduna laughed interrupting Niccolo. "So they think we will save him? I mean we would, but not straight away, we aren't that stupid to walk into such an obvious trap!"

Niccolo nodded. "Yeah. If Mikuni and Tsurugi get captured, well Tsurugi is proof enough that we are here and Mikuni would say anything to save him. Even if it means betraying us."

Iduna sighed. "Idiot. Why am I not surprised?"

"I hate to admit it, but out of all of us, we two are the best to get captured. Plus we are always ready. We make ourselves useless. And besides, we don't exactly talk easily and we are used to torture that it doesn't work on us anymore. It's just like how it has been on other missions as well!"

Iduna sighed as she closed her eyes. Memories flowed through her closed eyes. Memories of being tortured. Different missions. She opened her eyes with a small gentle smile. 'Some things never change huh.' 

"So before we go and meet up with them we should leave the country first. Then meet up with them, for their own safety." Niccolo continued.

There was a clatter in the hallway.

"What was that?"

"I have no idea, Niccolo. This is an abandoned asylum, after all, maybe it was a ghost." Iduna whispered.

Niccolo leaned forward to peer around the corner. Then Niccolo turned back around and looked at Iduna. "Get ready to run!"

Iduna didn't need to be told twice she ran to the other door on the other side of the room, yanked it open, and sprinted down the corridor. Behind her, she could hear grunting, shouting, and struggling. Bang, crash, and clatter. She rounded a corner and stopped to catch her breath. She could hear voices in a room further down the corridor that she had just run down.

"Are you positive that you saw another person?"

"I am positive! Whoever it was, ran down that corridor!"

"Okay. People search this building!"

'Oh, dear. This could be trouble. Unfortunately, for them, I have been in this building plenty of times. All I have to do is lose them in here, find a place to hide, and wait for them to leave and escape. Thanks to Niccolo's warning I have a headstart!' Iduna smirked as she, after checking that the clear, sprinted for the stairs and ran up. After countless times of ducking, hiding, running, and hiding, she made it to the top floor and she ran for a bit more before she stopped in front of a locked room. Iduna reached into her pocket and produce a key. She opened the door. However the door didn't lead to a room, but a secret passageway. It was dark, so Iduna tapped her mask and activated night vision. She locked the door and ran down the passageway.

Iduna and Niccolo had made this passageway and others in different buildings, so whenever they got separated and they were near a passageway at least one of them could get away. They alone only know of this and they both carry each a skeleton key which Iduna designed that can open all the locks for each passageway.

Iduna ran down the passageway, as she ran as sent a message to Sakuya. She came to a stop, only to drop her phone and stand on it, breaking it, so no one could track her. She kept running for a few more minutes before stopping at a door. Slipping the key into the lock the door opened and she poked her head out to see if the coast was clear. After stepping out, she ran around the corner only to a stop.
______________________________________________
Chapter finished.
Sorry for the wait.
What awaits Iduna around the corner?
Find out in the next chapter!
Hope you guys are enjoying this so far!
Please vote and leave a comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1.3K 40
☆Servamp Fanfiction★ ★Kuro×OC☆ ☆Watch Anime★ ■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■ Epiphany: (N) A moment of sudden revelation. ...
842 77 15
[PLEASE READ BOOK ONE BEFORE READING THIS ONE] With the Eves long dead each Servamp sets out on their own waiting for Yumikage, and the others to cal...
11.1K 182 29
It's a story of a girl name Ayana and she's friends with mahiru, they have been friends since middle school. One day, After school they both pick up...
4.5K 184 6
───── ❝ 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝 ❞ ───── "𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣. 𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮." "𝙂𝙤 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙...