The Life of A Victor || Finni...

By Alex_Novas

❝Welcome to hell! Tell me, how does it feel to be Snow's new puppets?❞ ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳ A Victor's child is pro... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
EPILOGUE
🅁🄴🅆🅁🄸🅃🄴 🄽🄾🅃🄸🄲🄴

CHAPTER 10

5.4K 133 15
By Alex_Novas

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

"However, I am willing to let a third Victor happen, as long as you make a deal with me," This surprised her. She wasn't expecting him to propose a deal to her. 

"I was under the assumption that only Victors had deals," she replied calmly, looking into his cold eyes. "Not exactly. They are for the people who are useful. Right now, Miss Ogilvy, you're useful to me."

"I doubt that any of what I can offer could interest you or the Capitol," she said, not confident anymore in where that conversation was heading. 

"That's where you're wrong, Miss Ogilvy. You see, there are many good-looking and attractive Victors for the people to enjoy. I don't need any more for the time being. I require someone who they can enjoy in other ways than physical. That's where you are needed." His words left her thinking. What could the President have in mind for her?

"I believe there's something you want. I feel generous enough to grant your wish, as long as you fulfil mine, too." Her eyes light up at the man's words. "My sister won't be reaped," she said hopefully.

"Not exactly. I was thinking of getting the next year's Reaping 'changed' to get your sister reaped. However, you, the younger sister, step forward to save the day by volunteering. How touched would the people be? Not only in the Capitol but also in the Districts. You would be everyone's favourite in no time." So I'm sticking to the original plan. But of what use can I be to him if I go to the Arena? But, that doesn't truly fulfil my wish. She thought.

"I can not guarantee your victory in the Hunger Games. However, if you succeed to win, the deal will automatically take place. I must say it'll be highly favourable for you, so think twice before giving me your final answer." She nodded, ready to hear the deal. Of course, there wasn't any other reply she would give than consent. But, at least, she should know what she was getting herself into.

"The deal is quite easy to comprehend. I need a fresh Victor for this next year's Hunger Games. Something no one has ever seen before. A little songbird, for example. Of course, if the most influencing people in the Capitol found you desirable, I couldn't do anything but accept their desires. Neither of us wants that to happen, correct?" Dove shook her head to answer. Just the thought of an unknown man touching her body gave her nausea.

"That's why it would be wise of you to use your pale body as an advantage. It wouldn't be too surprising for a young and 'fragile' girl like you to be sick. What if it was a chronicle disease? Not lethal or contagious, but a disease nonetheless." He made a pause on purpose. He wanted her full attention.

"Is that the reason the deal will be beneficial for me?" she asked. Too confused at the man in front of her to think of the amount of information he had given her about her loved one's deals. It was too much information in a short period of time. Her brain couldn't register everything at the moment.

"There's another perk for you on this deal, Miss Ogilvy. I have decided to spare your older sister's life if anything were to happen. After all, if you're a sick person, it would be believable to say your illness got complicated to the point where you died, wouldn't it? And people in the Capitol wouldn't be too sad since you were sick from the beginning. They would have had time to adjust to the idea of your death." So that was why he asked her to act like that.

It was better than nothing. She had her sister's safety and the promise not to be sold off. Wait a damn minute. If my sister will not be put into danger, doesn't matter what anyone does. . . And if I'm the only one not getting sold off to random strangers in the Capitol. . . The realisation hit her like a blow to her lungs, leaving her without being able to catch her breath.

"I believe you have finally realised. Of course, if I guarantee your sister's safety, who would I use for your brother and mother's deal? They would reject my kind offer. That's why it would be good to keep in mind your life is not only in your hands. It is indeed a great deal, Miss Ogilvy. I hope you make the right decision." She didn't have time to think about anything else. Later, she would think through every little detail. But, for now, there were more dangerous things in front of her that needed her full attention.

"I'll do it. I accept your proposal, sir." She was furious, but the feeling of determination to keep her family alive and well was more powerful than anything.

"Delightful. I will inform you that this deal will take place after you have won your own Hunger Games. If you die, before, during or after the Games, the deal will cease to exist, understood?" "Yes, sir," she replied.

"I will not stop you from meeting Finnick Odair on your midnight meet-ups, but it would be wise to act like you don't know each other in public. Having such a wonderful boy in love with you would attract many eyes in your direction," his advice was actually a warning. And a powerful one. He knew of her meeting Finnick at the beach, where they were supposed to be safe.

With that, he also told her not to get more attention than necessary. "Sir, may I let my family know about this deal?" He shifted his position a bit, clearly wondering about her question.

"Dear, there's no need to address me so formally. About your question, I believe it would be acceptable to let your family know about our deal. I will allow you to tell Mister Odair, too. However, keep your influence on their own deals a secret. I would prefer to inform them myself after your Games. Of course, if you make it out alive." Once he got up from his chair, Dove knew the conversation was over.

So I can only tell about my volunteering for Angel for the reaping and my newfound illness. She thought, while following the man out of the study. Dove put on her best smile to make it look as if nothing had happened in the past half hour.

She met her sister's worried eyes once they were in the living room, saying goodbye to the President. Outside the window, a car appeared out of nowhere, then faded away into the distance. It slipped off as it had arrived, unnoticed.

"What the hell was all that about?" Her sister was the first to talk after making sure there was no possibility of being overheard. If only you knew. We're being eavesdropped every day of our lives. . . Does he get people to watch over all Victors, or does he not have a life? She thought, trying to joke with the situation she was in. Angel was a mess. She had been passing around the living room since Dove had been taken to the study.

"I have something to tell you, and you're not going to like it." Dove exhaled. She didn't know if it was the nerves of having that man threaten her family or the realisation of her potential death at the Arena. She had determined to volunteer for her sister before, but now it was real. 

Dove had no other option but to exchange her life for Angel's. President Snow had been clear about the winning of anyone else who wasn't her, impossible to obtain.

"Dove, you're scaring me. What happened?" You have a rather good reason to be scared. Your life is in my hands. She thought bitterly. There was no way she would let her sister go to The Hunger Games. Moreover, when she had just been informed Snow would make sure her sister died.

"I'll tell you at Mags' house. If we take any more time to arrive, she'll get awfully worried," her sister complied, and both walked to the elder house. It was the furthest away from their own, a good two minutes until they got there. No one talked, just silence.

Once they got there, Mags received them, obviously worried. It wasn't normal for the girls to take that long to arrive. At moments like this, Dove was grateful for having grown up with her older brother, who had one of the biggest District Four accents she had heard, closely followed by Mags. She was certain, if she wasn't from Four or didn't have her brother, she wouldn't understand the elderly woman.

"It's alright, Mags. We are fine. I got distracted on our way here. Sorry for worrying you." Dove said. Her tone was truly persuading. If I want to convince everyone in the Capitol that I have an illness, I better start getting familiar with lying. She thought.

The girls went to the guest room after reassuring Mags that nothing serious had happened. It wasn't until both of them were sitting on the bed that Dove explained what President Snow had allowed her to say. She told her sister how Snow had 'suggested' her to volunteer for Angel, or the oldest would certainly die in the Arena.

She wasn't too detailed on why President Snow wanted for one of them to remain alive, but she supposed her older sister would realise at some point. Then she finished by mentioning that she had been advised to feign an illness if she didn't want to catch undesirable attention.

"And that's about it. He has let me explain this to you, mum, Melo. . . and Finnick, for a reason I don't understand yet. The rest can't know, not even Muscida or Mags." She warned. Her sister had been too quiet while listening to her. Dove understood that all the information would be difficult to register.

"Correct me if I got something wrong. President Snow has come to our house to tell you to volunteer in my place, because he wants a sickly victor?" her sister said, confused.

"Not exactly. He wants me to be a distraction. Everyone in the Capitol is used to charming and handsome Victors. He wants a Victor that shines in another way. I guess he knows about my singing since he called me Songbird." Dove said. The frown of confusion on her sister's face grew more as she explained the situation. Angel was angry at the circumstances. What type of sociopath was he to ask her little sister to do something like that?

"OK, so if I got this correct. If I go to the Hunger Games, I'll for sure die, but if you go, you have the chance to survive. For what exactly? The odds are not in your favour, Dove. It will be difficult for you to win. Even if I die, he will still need that type of victor. Please, I beg you, wait at least one more year. I don't want to lose you," she could lie. She could lie and say she would let her older sister go to the Games when she knew there was no way that would happen.

But she didn't want to. There was a great probability of President Snow overhearing all the conversations that happened in the Victor's houses. She wouldn't let him think for a second that she wouldn't exchange positions with her sister. Dove had accepted the deal with no regrets.

"You don't want to lose me? Have some faith in me, for heaven's sake! President Snow literally said he would not let a third Victor happen from Four if it wasn't me. If you go, we will see you for the last time at your funeral! Do you want that? Because I don't, I can't lose you." She couldn't continue reprimanding her older sister. The tears blocked her view, and the hiccups weren't helping either.

"Dove, I'm so sorry." Her sister hugged her. Angel would have never believed that at some point in her life, she would be so desperate to die for someone. Until she became seven years old, her life had been entirely about surviving. One year after Librae had adopted her, Melo found Dove on the beach near the rocky side. 

Angel was seven years-old, but every time she saw the little three-year-old, she felt the need to protect her. That was why she had given up her plan of running away. Since the first time, it had always been for her little sister.

"Just one more year. I beg of you. Don't volunteer for me, I don't want that in my conscience. I can't watch you die." Her sister's begging made Dove furious, but it also shocked her. Her sister had never done something considered selfish in her life. But now she was begging her to wait one more year, because she couldn't bring herself to see her little sister die?

"Goddammit, Angel, if you go this year, as you said, I'll go the following one. What if we both die? Do you want Melo to become an only child? Or mum losing two daughters in a year! If I die, I die. You'll still be around to get them in their right mind. And I will have no regrets because I will die knowing you're safe. If you can't watch me die. . . Then don't look. No one can guarantee my safety here in Four. I'll go to the Hunger Games at some point, better sooner than later." Dove's furious tone subdued the more she spoke.

"I just wish there was another way," her sister muttered between sobs.

"I know. I do too. But this is what we've got. This is the game we have to play, and we will do it flawlessly." That's right. I hope you can hear me, Snow. I'm going to play your game exactly like you want me to. You won't be capable of disposing of me, because I'll be your best pawn. She didn't want to, but there was no choice.

How laughable it was for her that at some point she thought she could outsmart or see the downfall of President Snow. It was all but dreams now. This is reality, sink or swim. And she decided to swim.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 8.6K 112
• pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 • Finnick Odair X female OC •I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...
619K 15.3K 42
❝ 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘣𝘰𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦, 𝘢𝘯 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄 ❞ ・ 。゚☆: *. 𝐅𝐈𝐍�...
32.7K 997 36
**COMPLETED** Victors. Taken... tortured... brainwashed. Rebels. Angry... fighting... ready for battle. Snow. Prideful... torturing... killing. The...
Sparks Fly By (:

Fanfiction

20.4K 202 39
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games, but nothing is as she wishes. Katniss' relationship with Peeta is strained, and rum...