Begin Again // All of Us Are...

By kateume

in which, she learned that starting a new life seems more complicated than she had anticipated, especially i... More

Begin Again // All of Us Are Dead
Prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025

017

1.7K 73 7
By kateume

OH YUN-BI was looking back while running up the stairs when she felt Su-hyeok came into a halt. When she turns, she saw Cheong-san trying to open the door.

"Open it!" Dae-su exclaims as he walks to the door.

"It's locked," Cheong-san replies, still breathing heavily. He then tried to input random digits but it's not working as well.

"Maybe there's someone there! Try to call out," Yun-bi suggests from the back as she would still check behind every once in a while.

Joon-yeong walks towards it and started calling for help as he bangs the door. "Is anyone there? Open the door! Anyone?"

Nothing happens so Dae-su and Wu-jin decided to brute force it, but it won't budge.

"They're coming," Nam-ra mutters.

Su-hyeok suddenly walks towards the door, pulling Yun-bi behind. "Stay right here," he says as he lets go of her hand and tightens his grip on the wooden weapon he has.

"No," Yun-bi says before walking past him and into the stairs beside Cheong-san. "I can help too." She then prepared herself to swing the bat at any moment.

And just a few moments later, a horde of zombies started appearing in front of them.

The three of them are trying to stop the zombies as much as they can. The weapon Su-hyeok was holding broke as soon as he hits a zombie, so he was now using his body to push and kick them away. Cheong-san was using the music stand he has from before. And Yun-bi was using the bat and trying to hit them in the head as strong as she can.

She saw Su-hyeok got tackled down by one zombie and quickly runs to them and hit it at the back before kicking it down the stairs. Cheong-san then helps him get up.

They were able to stand back up, but more and more are coming but the door still won't open despite any attempts they did.

"Throw this over!" Nam-ra shouts, calling for the others as she grabs the tarpaulin that was folded on the floor.

They immediately help her with it and throw the other end of the tarpaulin down on the zombies in the stairs. This helped in trapping them there since zombies don't really think and just keep on trying to attack.

There are still some that are getting out but the three would push them down as soon as they can. They keep doing it as Dae-su and Wu-jin still tries to open the door when a familiar figure walks up from the stairs.

Gwi-nam was holding up a female zombie in his hands. He then throws it down which caused an opening in the tarpaulin and more zombies started to get out of the trap.

They continue to fight off the zombies but Gwi-nam finally gets close to Cheong-san. He tried to hit Gwi-nam but it did not affect the guy.

Gwi-nam grabs him by his clothes. "Give me your eye," he says as he held Cheong-san face and place his finger by the guy's eyes.

Suddenly, Nam-ra grabs him by the neck. "Why didn't you die?" She then throws him down which shocked everyone.

"Guys! The door is open," On-jo exclaims when the door automatically unlocked.

The others went out to the rooftop as soon as it opened, while Su-hyeok and Cheong-san pushes off the zombies that are close to them.

Once everyone was outside, Cheong-san closes and locks the door as the others are trying to signal and call for the helicopter that just started to fly away from them.

"Come back!"

"Help us please! Come back here!"

They continued to call but nothing happens as it was now too far away.

Not even a minute has passed when a loud sound resonates from the door. Something with great force was hitting on the other side.

Everyone was anxious that it would break open, but the sound stopped. "He's gone," Nam-ra states.

"Who's gone?"

"Gwi-nam. It's his smell. I can hear his breathing too."

***

OH YUN-BI stands beside Nam-ra as the others started doing the SOS sign. "Hey, are you alright?"

Nam-ra looks up at her. "Yes, why?"

"It's just that, you look like you've been thinking about something.. Is it because of what happened earlier? With Gwi-nam."

Nam-ra nods hesitantly with worry in her face. Yun-bi places her hand on the girl's shoulder before squeezing it, trying to comfort her.

"You'll be fine. You won't be like him," Yun-bi smiles at the girl. "Let's go help them make the sign," she says before pulling Nam-ra's arm to get more things to add to the sign.

After a while of making and adjusting the sign, they were finally done. "Come here and take a look. We did a good job." Dae-su calls for the others.

"They won't miss it," Joon-yeong adds.

Once they noticed that the sun is going down, they decided to make a fire to keep them warm later on.

"I think it's working," Dae-su states as On-jo rolls the stick between her hands.

"Next," she calls after her hands get tired.

Joon-yeong replaces her and starts to do the same. Nothing happens so Dae-su followed him who's now too slow to create a fire.

"Should we kill him?" Wu-jin asks as they all watch him roll the stick painfully slow.

"Are you praying?" Joon-yeong adds.

"Hey. Don't pray. Rub.. get lost," Wu-jin, who's now frustrated, says then moves to replace Dae-su.

"Wait, there's a smoke!"

Su-hyeok quickly tries to blow it but it was gone faster than they needed to make a fire.

"I'll do it," Su-hyeok volunteers to do it.

"Hey," Nam-ra exclaims which got attention of everyone. "Use this," she says as she hands out a lighter in front of them. "I smoke."

"You had that all this time.." Wu-jin states what everyone has in their mind as they all stare at her in shock.

Everyone gathered around the bonfire that they made, trying to warm up to fight off the cold breeze of the night at the rooftop.

"Dae-su," Su-hyeok says as he breaks off the silence.

"Yes?"

He glances at the guy beside him. "How was your audition?"

"They told me to lose weight," Dae-su answers nonchalantly which made them chuckle.

"You're a good singer. Sing for us. I wanna hear it," Su-hyeok encourages him.

"Forget it. I don't want to sing."

Joon-yeong shyly comments. "Sing for us. I really like that song."

"Really?" Dae-su says, asking for confirmation and got a nod from everyone in return.

He clears up his throat before he started singing.

OH YUN-BI watches and looks at each and everyone in the circle as they start singing with Dae-su. She doesn't know why but her eyes started to water as she witnesses this. She doesn't even know the song. Hell, she has only known these people for two weeks, but at this moment, she felt so like she have known them for a long time.

Somehow, after they had that short singing session, they felt closer with each other. It's like they forget about their problem even just for a minute.

Once the group settled in a comfortable silence, On-jo glances at the girl beside her. "Why did you move here?"

Everyone looks at their way, curious to hear her answer as well.

Yun-bi turns to On-jo, thinking how is she supposed to explain her reasons. She's afraid they would think she's unreasonable for quitting a great life ahead of her. "I needed a new start. I.. I was a former trainee. And I guess.. I kinda lost my passion in that journey," she chuckles lightly, trying to make it seem that it's not a big deal when in fact, she hated it. "It's tiring to be around people who never accepts mistakes. I just want to have a normal life and have friends."

"You closed off yourself though. You're never really around when we would have conversations during break times. Was it because you didn't like us?" On-jo asks the question that everyone seemed to know the answer for as well.

"I never disliked you. I actually enjoy hearing you guys joke around whether during classes or just in-between those. It's just.. when I join the dance club, I felt like it was all the same. It's like I cannot make mistakes, so I pushed myself to the point that I forgot why I'm here for in the first place," Yun-bi explains as she looks around them, smiling lightly at them.

"To be honest, I didn't like you," Hyo-ryung comments. "You always hang out with the seniors and other cool kids in your club. So I thought, you didn't talk to us because we were beneath you."

Joon-yeong sighs after hearing these confessions and decided to say his thoughts as well. "To be honest, there were times I wished you didn't move here."

"Wait, why didn't you like her?" Ji-min asks, confused as to why he would not like her when they barely interact before.

"I have always been the second one no matter how I tried so I just accepted that. But then Yun-bi came and immediately excel in our classes. I was afraid to be replaced there, but it's okay now. I didn't realize that all of us have our own problems as well," he elaborates as he glances at the girl who would just give him a small smile.

"Hey. Second or third place is good too," Dae-su butts in which makes almost everyone nod their head in agreement. "I can't even come in 20th in our class, right?" He says then had a fist bump with Su-hyeok who shares the same sentiment.

Hyo-ryung turns her head to him. "Hey. Don't compare yourself to Joon-yeong."

"I was just saying. Why do you always jump down my throat when I saw something?" Dae-su pauses when he suddenly had an idea. "Wait.. do you like me?"

The girl immediately denies him though. "What are you talking about? I would never," she says as she gives him a slap in his arms.

The exchange in their bantering makes Yun-bi smile. Hearing their thoughts on her hurt her a little but she understands them though and now she can make an effort to get closer to them.

Yun-bi moves her eyes up from her lap when she felt someone staring at her. Her eyes landed on Su-hyeok's. He was giving her a comforting smile which she gladly returned.

The light-hearted conversation continues. Dae-su basically confessed to everyone how much he likes Wu-jin's sister who is apparently a senior that is part of the archery club.

They kept teasing one another when they heard a sudden knock from the doors of the rooftop.

Everybody stops from what they're doing and become anxious on who's on the other side.

"Nam-ra, is that Gwi-nam?" Cheong-san quickly asks the girl who now has the ability to smell and hear him.

Nam-ra shakes her head. "It's not."

The knocking continues and they would hear a voice calling for help. "Is someone there? Let me in! I swear I wasn't bitten! Help me!"

Everyone stands from their seats and grabs anything that they could use as a weapon. They look at Nam-ra, as if asking her what to do.

"It's not a zombie. She smells like a human," she says as she glances at the others.

"Let's let her in," On-jo states as she walks to the door, but Cheong-san quickly grabs her arm and pull her away.

"I'll do it," he says then started to slowly move towards the door. The other guys followed him and prepared to defend if they needed to.

Yun-bi remains standing on her place with a frown on her face. "That voice sound familiar," she mutters to herself as she watches them.

Once Cheong-san opens the door, a girl rushes in.

Just then, Yun-bi realizes why the voice sounds familiar. It's someone she knows. "Chae-won," she mutters as she looks at their senior catch her breath after getting into the rooftop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 198 12
Trappe students must escape their high school which has become ground zero for a zombie virus outbreak. Nam ra x fem reader Going to try and update...
345K 15.5K 39
❝ when we get out of here and we're safe and away from this mess, let me take you on a date. ❞ ❝ is that a question or a statement? ❞ ❝ statement. ❞ ...
49.6K 2.4K 33
Lee Su-hyeok x OC In which Jang Hae-jin can somehow see a glimpse in the future so she decided to change its course. STATUS: ON-GOING...