By Their Stripes

By highlandelf29

It was Dragons not power that made the Targyrens kings, but it was Tigers that kept them on the Iron throne. ... More

Cast
The Beginning
Cast: Post Roberts Rebellion
A Game of Loyalty

A War and a Wedding

264 6 0
By highlandelf29

Aella clenched her teeth as the screams of the Kings latest victim echoed through the palace, her eyes landed on Jaimie Lannister who as always was forced to guard the door.

 In the past months Aella and Jamie had become friends, he had sworn his allegience to Elia and her children and now they waited for the fallout of the war that took place outside.

Kingslanding had become a place of despair, no one was safe and no one was sure they would live another day.

Aella continued past Jaime to the barracks that she typically shared with her brothers, but only her younger brother remained in King landing. "What news?"

Faramir looked up from the letter he had been reading "Lorn says they are safe at dragonstone, The Queen is doing much better... But its doubtful she will survive the birth."

Aella sighed removing her helmet "So much death. I wish we could have gotten Elia and children away from here."

"We've done the best we could sister, now we must hope for the best."

Aella nodded staring at her brothers with pain in her eyes... When they got the news that Rhaeger was dead it was her that told Elia, she had held the princess as she cried.. Then when Aella had returned to her room she had finally broke down, mourning the death of her best friend and the man she had known should be King.

The world was slowly falling apart around them

_________________________________________________

Aella and Faramir stood guard outside the nursery when Elia came running up to them "We are saved!"

The two siblings looked at each other in confusion before asking "What is it?"

"Your father and the Lannisters have arrived with a large host of men, the King is about to let them in."

Elia watched as joy crossed Faramirs face, he looked to his sister just as the sound of battle rang out from outside

"Go to Jaime! I'll protect them." Aella ordered and Faramir nodded taking off towards the throne room where he knew Jaime would need help if  Aerys used the Wildfire.

Aella ushered Elia inside the nursery grabbing the children she shoved them all into the corner and ran to the balcony to look out.

Her fathers orange and green armored men and the Lannisters Red and Gold fought side by side. Her fathers plan was for his men to teach the Keep first where he would help place Aegon on the throne.

If Ellrias of House Caspian placed a child on the throne it would be respected, but only if it was him. Aella paced the room blocking out the cries of Rhaenys, suddenly the door crashed open!

Aella drew her sword staring in horror at the monster that entered the room, followed by a few other guards all wearing the red and gold of House Lannister. Her father had been betrayed

The Mountain sneered at the helmet covered woman in front of him, he had been ordered not to touch her "Move girl!"

Aella didnt respond she simply dropped into a defensive stance and waited, The Mountain and his men attacked.

If they had fought like true men Aella would have won easily, but they didn't they fought dirty. Encircling the girl they attacked her all at once, Aella fought the best she could taking down two of the four men. It was when The Mountain grabbed her by the head and slammed her into a wall with so much force that she blacked out that the fight was over.

Meanwhile in the throne room Faramir and Jamie were killing the last of the pyromancers, when it was over they looked around at the bodies laying about them including the body of their King.

Jaime stood on top of the dais where he collapsed in exhaustion on the throne

"Better move before someone sees you there and tries to crown you king my friend." Jaime chuckled slightly at his friends words and opened his mouth to answer when the doors came slamming open.

Standing in the doorway was Ned Stark and his men who stared in horror at the massacre that sat in front of them. In a moment Ned took it all in , he saw the king lying dead and the two men that had been smiling when he entered the room and he passed judgement

"Kingslayers!"

_________________________________________________

Lord Ellrias and his eldest son ran through the castle taking down any who stood in their way as they moved towards the nursery.

What they found made them sick, the Mountain was standing from where he had been, the Queen was dead on the ground her head.... They moved their eyes quickly, and the children.. Oh the children..  A flash of gold armour and Ellrias ran forward kneeling beside his daughter, she was breathing.

Behind him a thought crossed Ellys mind and he surged forward grabbing the Mountain and placing his sword on his throat.

"Now I'm going to kill you, but if you hurt my sister I will make you suffer first."

The Mountain laughed "You think you can kill me boy?"

A deranged laugh came from Ellrias "See if you can get blood from stone my son."

Ellrys grinned and was about to strike when a voice called out "Stop!"

Both members of House Caspian looked to who had dared to stop them, and found Robert Baretheon with a small smile on his face as he scanned the room. Ned Stark was behind him horror clear on his own face, Ellrias stood taking his daughter in his arms he moved towards Robert

"My son was going to kill this war monger, he killed innocents."

Robert sneered "I see only dragons." With that he turned and left the room and the Mountain sneered to Ellys who let him go.

Ellrias looked at Ned "Truly you do not think..."

Ned raised a hand "He has been through a lot."

Ellrias scoffed "So have we Ned, but we do not butcher innocent women and children nor do we let our men do it." With that Ellrias left the room to try and find a maester for his baby girl, Ned called out one last thing

"Your son has been arrested, he helped kill the King." Ellrias turned and looked at Ned with anger in his eyes "Nothing it seems is fair in this war, innocents die and the men scoff and say thats allright, someone kills the king we came here to kill and he's a traitor... Yes, I suppose that makes sense."

As Ellrias walked down the halls he spoke to Ellys "Find Faramir, then send a letter to Lorn tell him to get the Queen and children out of there."

"And Dayne?"

Ellrias sighed "Leave a hint for Ned to follow.... If anyone will protect the child of Lyanna Stark it will be him."

Ellrys nodded and left to do his fathers bidding while his father continued searching for a healer.

_________________________________________________

Ellrias found a healer from his peoples house and quickly removed his daughters helmet. The women moved quickly searching over her Lady quickly finding the cause.

"She has suffered a severe blow to the head my Lord we will patch her up as best we can, but only time will tell."

Later Ellrias still sat beside his daughter holding her hand his eldest son had left the Keep riding to fetch his mother. Faramir was still imprisoned and Ellrias had only left his daughters side to make sure his son was being cared for.

Faramir had begged his father to return to Aella and care for her, after assuring men from his own house were watching over his son he had done so.

He stared at his baby girl, so young and strong, his wife always said that even when sleeping a child could hear their parents voice so he began to talk

"The day you were born and they brought you to me, I thought my hands were too rough and blood stained to hold you. You cried no matter what we did.

 Your mother said that that was a good sign, that it meant you were strong as a stallion. Her words did not give much comfort when I was holding you, pacing back and forth all night.

As you looked at me with those big, beautiful eyes. I made all kinds of promises to you if you'd just go to sleep. I promised that you would have a Battle Cat by your side like the warriors of old, please my little one open those big eyes so I can keep my promise."

"Battle Cat?"

Ellrias startled as his daughters voice spoke her eyes opened slowly and Ellrias smiled tears in his eyes as he stroked his daughters face "Yes my beloved a Battle Cat, you will look glorious standing beside one."

Aella smiled before a frown crossed her face "Papa, did you make it in time?"

The sorrow on her fathers face answered her question and across the Red Keep the screams of rage that came from the healing room were loud enough for Robert Baretheon to hear all the way from the Iron Throne.

_________________________________________________

A few weeks later every manor house in Westeros was supposed to come and swear allegience to the new King. The Caspian family sat in their rooms anger on all of their faces

"This Whoremonger wishes us to bow to him, I think not!" Vera said standing tall and proud in front of her husband "Because of him one of my sons is running for his life with two children, my daughter is barely out of the house of healing and my baby boy is in prison... No, I will not bow to this usurper!"

Ellrias reached out to calm his wife while Ellrys and Aella watched in slight amusement. Their mother was a fierce woman, she had traveled with the Dothkari horde as a child and now she was Lady of Tygros she was a woman to be feared.

"Listen to me my wife, in good time everything will be as it should be, for now this Robert Baretheon must be crowned king.. But one day, we will stand beside the true heir as they sit on the throne."

This calmed Vera and she looked to her children who nodded, together they made their way to the throne room.

Aella had worn a dress with a veil instead of her typical armor, it still hurt her head too much to wear her helmet.

They entered the throne room and swore their allegiance, and Faramir who had been pardoned joined them.  The family went to the side watching as others did the same.

The last ones to enter was House Martell, Aella stared at the Princes a once proud house so full of sun and light now covered in the black of mourning.

Oberyn stood tall as he walked down the long carpet toward the Usurper, he felt eyes on him and glanced in the direction they came from. A veiled figure stood surrounded by the members of House Caspian, what was her name he wondered Ella or something... He shook himself and looked back towards the throne, he and his brother did all of the things they were expected to and then he spoke

"Your majesty, I request one small favor."

Tywin Lannister frowned sure he knew what the Prince would ask, his gaze drifted towards where Oberyn had been staring earlier and saw the Caspian girl watching the proceedings. His mind swirled with an idea that would keep the Martells from going to war and keep the Caspians firmly where they belonged.

"I ask for the murderer of my sister, I wish to serve him justice." Oberyn looked sure that his wishes would be granted after all who wanted a murderer amongst their ranks. But Robert shook his head

"I am afraid I cannot in good conscience give him to you, he is considered by many a war hero."

A feminine voice yelled out "He's a child killer and woman slayer!" Every one turned to look at the women who moved forward with long unladylike strides around about whispers went up from everyone.

Tywin and Robert looked to Ellrias expecting him to stop his daughter but he just watched with amusement.

Aella stood on the dais, the same spot she had once screamed at Aerys when he refused to allow her to to join Rhaeger in battle. She had a scar from that one...

"You dare to hide the monster, who killed innocents!" She turned her gaze to Tywin "I know it is you Tywin Lannister, your house that protects him... It is you will be repaid for this."

Robert was beginning to look angry and finally Ellrias stepped forward "Your Majesty, please forgive my daughter, she recently had a blow to the head as you know and it has her head all in a fuzz.. She knows not to whom she speaks."

Aella glared at her father but she really did feel a little fuzzy headed, she had been up longer today then she had been since the incident.

Meanwhile the Princes of Dorne had been staring in surprise at the little spitfire, but Oberyns surprise turned to a smirk the more steamed the little Tiger got.

Robert shrugged "Very well I will forgive the slight this once, but in the future control your women Ellrias."

Faramir and Ellrys barely managed to cover their mothers mouth before she joined her daughter in front of the throne.

Ellrias bowed respectufully about to take his daughter back to her mother, noticing she was leaning on him more then usual. However Tywin stopped them leaning down to whisper something to Robert who smiled

"Actually Lord Ellrias if you would for a moment." Robert looked to the Princes of Dorne "I understand this is not the answer you wished to hear, but perhaps something else could not take the place but at least ease this wound."

The princes frowned and it was Doran who answered "Your majesty?"

Robert smiled "The house of Caspian has long been loyal to ones who sits on the throne, to show my appreciation for their loyalty and my sorrow for your loss I offer you a marriage. Between one of you Princes and Lady Allea."

There was a pause during which Oberyn laughed in disbelief, Doran considered carefully, Ellrias took a step forward letting go of his daughter, and poor Allea tried her best to stay upright.

It was Dorans words of "We accept, I am otherwise engaged but by my brother will accept the offer." That made Allea look back towards the princes in horror, it was too much, for the first time in her life Lady Allea Tigress of Westeros.... Fainted dead away.

Her last thought before she went completely unconscious was that she was glad someone caught her.

Oberyn barely caught the veiled woman as she fell sideways, her father quickly took her from his arms shouting to the king that this would be discussed later before he and his house left the room. Oberyn shook his head this was not going to happen.

_________________________________________________

Four months later

It was happening, Oberyn dodged a blade and quickly took down his opponent. He had fought at every turn and from what he heard as had Ellrias, but now Oberyn was engaged to a woman he had met twice.

He shook his head and walked towards his room, his brother had forbidden him to take any more lovers ever since the engagement had been announced. So his life had been boring of late, tomorrow they set sail for the island of Tygros, where his life would be changed forever.

Allea stared out over the water watching as the ship came in,beside her stood her best friends  Hector and Drinian of House Ryloth.

"Well, here they come" Allea sighed "You will come with me will you not my friends?"

Drinian smiled "You know I would follow you too the ends of the earth, if you but asked."

The friendship between Drinian and Allea was one that had been built over several years... Very few knew that the young man was a eunuch and his loyalty to the lady of Tygros was born of friendship not love. He would follow her to the gates of hell, if she but asked him.

Hector was older the brother of Drinian, he had been sworn to protect Allea since childhood. He was married with a wife ad children, but when Allea was home his place was by her side.

"I am at your disposal my lady.. I would move mountains if you but asked."

She smiled beneath her helmet at the brothers and looked back down "Well, we will be going to the belly of the snake my friends, so I am thankful to have you by my side."

_________________________________________________

When the princes arrived they were greeted with all the pomp the House of Caspian had to offer. Oberyn sat glumly next to this brother and looked around

"Well brother it seems my future bride is about a excited about this wedding as I am."

The lady in question had not greeted them when they arrived and her father had made apologies while his wife had smirked in amusement

Now the party went on and there was no sign of the Firstborn Lady of House Caspian. Suddenly the doors to the room slammed open and the lady of the hour walked in head held high with a man on either side of her.

Oberyn raised an eyebrow and looked to Doran "It appears my betrothed hasnt quiet been as pious as I have the last few months."

Doran rolled his eyes but he frowned in confusion knowing how the house of Caspian was in regards to virginity.

Ellrias smiled when he saw his daughter and her guards he stood approaching her "Where have you been young lady?" He whispered

She smiled back playing the part of the sweet daughter "I needed to blow off some steam so I went for a ride."

Ellrias sighed but raised his daughters hand up "My daughter the Lady Allea!" The room cheered as Ellrias practically pulled his daughter towards Oberyn

"My Prince, I present my daughter... Soon two houses will be one." Another cheer from the crowd before one of the heads of a secondary house moved forward whispering in Ellrias ear... Ellrias nodded and whispered to his daughter who smirked making her away to the dais.

At the confused looks on the faces of the Princes Ellrias explained "It is the custom of the women of my house that they sing a song before they are wed to say how they feel for the upcoming marriage."

Oberyn and Doran looked at each other both figuring the girl would play pretty and sing some sweet song about romance.

They were wrong, Allea had planned this since the day of her bethrothal, her eyes landed on Oberyn who was watching one of the serving girls. She knew of the reputation of the Prince of Dorne, but if he thought she was going to sit by while he had a million affairs he has another thing coming. Tigers shared with no one.

"Here comes a wave

Meant to wash me away

 A tide that is taking me under

 Swallowing sand

Left with nothing to say

My voice drowned out in the thunder

 But I won't cry

 And I won't start to crumble

 Whenever they try

 To shut me or cut me down

 I won't be silenced

 You can't keep me quiet

Won't tremble when you try it

 All I know is I won't go speechless

 'Cause I'll breathe

 When they try to suffocate me

 Don't you underestimate me

 'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

Allea ran to Faramir grabbing his sword from his side then moving toward the center of the floor allowing herself to fall as her blade scratches along the surface.

" Written in stone

Every rule, every word

 Centuries old and unbending

 Stay in your place

 Better seen and not heard

 But now that story is ending

 'Cause II cannot start to crumble

So come on and try

 Try to shut me and cut me down

 I won't be silenced

 You can't keep me quiet

 Won't tremble when you try it

All I know is I won't go speechless

 Speechless

 Let the storm in

 I cannot be broken

 No, I won't live unspoken

 'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

Oberyn had been watching a servant girl when he heard the voice of an angel begin to sing... But he was positive that the song was passive aggressive and when his future bride began making her away toward him with a sword he was positive. But as she moved her movements were so graceful and almost seductive, he wondered what lay under that veil.

She came close to him almost in his face as she sang

 "Try to lock me in this cage

 I won't just lay me down and die

 I will take these broken wings

And watch me burn across the sky

 Hear the echoes saying

 IWon't be silenced

 Though you want to see me tremble when you try it

 All I know is I won't go speechless"

Aella looked in Oberyns eyes, there was something in them that she had never seen in a mans eyes when turned on her before. She swallows but finished her son

" Speechless

'Cause I'll breathe

When they try to suffocate me

Don't you underestimate me

 'Cause I know that I won't go speechless

 All I know is I won't go speechless

Speechless!"

Ending the song she stood directly in front of Oberyn breathing heavily from the exertion of her song. The two stared at each other like two warrior's about to to into battle. The intesity was only broken when Prince Doran began to clap, along with him so did all who stood about...

And as Lady Aella left the room it was her Oberyns eyes followed as he began to realize that maybe just maybe this woman would be interesting.

Two days later Aella stormed to the training grounds her brothers Faramir and Ellys by her side, Hector and Drinian behind her.

"Do not kill him sister remember this is the edict of the king." Ellys stated beside her trying to calm the irate woman. For Aella's maid had came to her this morning telling her that the Prince Oberyn had propositioned her the night before.

The members of House Caspian were loyal to their rulers, and Aellas maid had refused. But that did not mean Aella wasnt angry at the man who had made the offer.

They approached the training grounds where they found Prince Oberyn fighting one of his men, he took him down easily. Turning to the crowd he raised his arms asking for a new opponent, no one approached because they saw their lords and lady coming forward dressed to fight.

Aella didnt bother announcing herself, she simply drew her sword and attacked Oberyn who quickly went on the defensive in surprise.

"Good morning my lady." He said keeping his cool as he fought her, his spear meeting her sword as they circled each other.

"Dont speak to me you...." She said something in a language he did not know and the crowd around him laughed.

They fought for almost an hour neither giving or taking ground, evenly matched in their skills. Oberyn had to admit his bride had gained his full respect, she was amazing.

His thoughts distracted him, and Aella saw it, she moved quickly running towards him. She jumped wrapping her thighs around his throat pulling him to the ground as she flipped landing on her feet sword pointed at the throat of The Prince.

The crowd cheered and as they did she leaned down "If you ever try to get one of my maids in your bed again you will find yourself missing a vital part of your anatomy My Prince."

She spat his title before standing and walking away, the man of house Ryloth followed but her brothers stated glaring at the Prince of  Dorne.

Oberyn looked them in the eyes as they walked away, and as he stood her grinned. He had gotten ahold of a little wild cat.

_________________________________________________

Aella stared in a mirror as her mother prepared her for the wedding, her mother walked to her front and reached up touching her face gently

"If there's was a way my love."

Aella smiled at her mother tall and strong her mother was the women Aella aspired to be like.

"Its alright mother, its alright."

Vera looked at her little girl "Your are beautiful my darling. That is what people will see when they looked on you... But remember who you are, you are a warrior, you are wise, you are brave... Above all you are your fathers daughter, which means you are a Tiger of Tygros... Honor..."

Aella joined her mother in the saying of House Caspian "Blood, Bravery, Justice."

Vera smiledbefore growing serious again "One last thing, tonight you will be his wife... As I said you are a Tiger, do not let him treat you like a slave...  A night with your husband can be enjoyable if you both are ready to try it."

Aella frowned "He tried to sleep with my maid mother."

Vera sighed "So I heard, tonight go into this with fresh eyes, keep his intrest my child... Twenty five years your father and I have been wed he still learns something new everyday."

The door came open and Ellrias walked in carrying his helmet under his arms.  He kissed his wife lovingly before looking to his daughter with tears in his eyes.

"You look beautiful my little warrior."

"Thank you papa."

He held up his helmet "Are you ready?"

She nodded and he placed his his helmet over her head, in the house Caspian they used helmets instead of cloaks to show that their protection had changed. It was also the moment the bride would finally be unveiled for the first time.

_________________________________________________

Oberyn felt like a man about to be hanged, he looked to his brother hoping he would take this back but no, Doran would be no help. As interesting as his future bride seemed to be Oberyn hated the thought of being tied down, he liked to be free.

Suddenly the doors came open and the funeral umm wedding procession began to approach. All the men and women who served the House of Caspian entered the hall dispersing throughout as they made way for the bride and her father.

Down the hall they came, his bride wore a helmet too big for her, which looked a little off paired with the dress she wore. They approached the dais and the priest spoke

"Who shielded this child at the time she first approached?"

Ellrias responded voice heavy with emotion "Her father and her mother."

"Do you give this woman to this man that he may unshield her?"

"Only if she is willing.. As she is now a woman grown."

Everyone in the room looked to the bride holding their breath

"I am willing.. May the protection of my father pass to him who will be my husband."

Aella turned to Oberyn who spoke his part of the wedding vows of Tygros "I remove your helmet and with it I take your protection on myself, you will be cloaked with the strength of my house."

Slowly he reached up and removed her helmet. What he saw underneath made him and the entire room gasp.... Aella was beautiful, she had to be the prettiest woman he had ever seen. Her eyes met his own, her face which had been shielded for so long now showed every thought in her head.

She was scared, and yet defiant, she would not be broken.

_________________________________________________

Aella sat beside her new husband as the party happened around them, each house of Tygros bringing gifts to present to the new couple.

As the night went on the couple barely spoke, although both occasionally caught the other sneaking glances. It was when one of the men of Dorne released a shout of

"The Bedding!"

That all chaos broke loose, every relative Aella had and Aella herself stood grabbing swords and glaring at the men who had spoken.

Ellrias shook his head "There is no bedding custom in Tygros, the couple will simply be led to their room."

Vera and her ladies moved to Aella pulling her along with them, Ellrias and his sons, Prince Dorian and a few of his men gathered Oberyn and led him to the room.

"Harm our sister and you will die a death so painful you will wish for one of your poisons Viper." Faramir muttered to his new good brother.

 Oberyn almost laughed at the words coming out of the young boys mouth but when he saw the look in his eyes he knew the boy was dead serious

"I do not harm women."

With that they were at the door, Ellrias turned and looked his good son over, before motioning him forward with a smirk on his face

"Good luck."

_________________________________________________

Oberyn entered the room to find his bride standing in the middle of the room. She had been changed from her wedding gown into a white low cut dress, with slits on the sides up to her hips. She looked gorgeous, he moved forward and grabbed a glass of wine which he offered to her.

"Here drink this."

Aella laughed "For the pain? The women of my house do not drink to take the pain away.... Besides nothing will be happening between you and I until we have a discussion."

Oberyn raised an eyebrow and sipped the wine he had offered her "Discuss what exactly?"

"Discuss you my Prince, you and your activities... I refuse to share you with anyone, I refuse to share my marriage bed, and I absolutely refuse to sit by and watch while you engage in extramarital affairs..."

Oberyn smirked and moved towards her, she was a fighter so she did not back down. He grabbed her hips and pulled her to him she looked into his eyes defiantly

"I am a man with a hunger my little Tiger... Tell me can you keep me satisfied?"

It was a challenge and Aella was not one to back down from a challenge she leaned up taking his mouth with her own. They fought for dominance as he backed them towards the bed, she pulled back for just a second

"I accept your challenge My Prince."

With that she pushed him onto the bed and followed after him he watched her with a smile on his face.. Oberyn Martell had met his match in Aella Caspian-Martell.

_________________________________________________

The next day they left the Island of Tygros, Aella stood on the bow of the ship watching her home grow smaller. Oberyn approached her, placing his hands on her hips

"Are you all right little Tiger?"

She blushed at the nickname he had given her, a name he had used many times last night... She was still sore but she had made sure not to show it this morning in front of her family.

"I will be, my Prince, at least I have my men with me."

Oberyn frowned slightly looking back to where the brothers of House Ryloth stood. He did not mind Hector so much the man was obviously enthralled with his wife but Drinian was around his bride far too much.

Aella stepped out of his embrace and headed towards their cabin, Oberyn watched her and when she stopped at the door and looked back at him, he smiled and followed after her.

A few hours later Aella and Oberyn exited their cabin, Aella now wore britches and one of Oberyns shirts a fact that made him smile.

She walked towards where the Ryloth family stood and grinned whispering something in Drinians ear, a smile split his face and he began to sing

"There once was a ship that put to sea"

Aella joined in

"The name of the ship was the Billy of Tea"

Aella and Drinian

"The winds blew up, her bow dipped down

 Oh blow, my bully boys, blow (huh)

 Soon may the Wellerman come

To bring us sugar and tea and rum

One day, when the tonguing is done

We'll take our leave and go"

Aella

"She'd not been two weeks from shore

When down on her a right whale bore

 The captain called all hands and swore

 He'd take that whale in tow (huh)"

Aella and Drinian joined arms and began dancing as Oberyn watched split between annoyance for her dancing with this man and admiring her beauty as she skipped around.

Both

"Soon may the Wellerman come

 To bring us sugar and tea and rum

 One day, when the tonguing is done

 We'll take our leave and go Da-da-da-da-da Da-da-da-da-da-da-da Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da."

Aella

"Before the boat had hit the water

 The whale's tail came up and caught her

 All hands to the side, harpooned and fought her

 When she dived down low (huh)"

Both

" Soon may the Wellerman come

 To bring us sugar and tea and rum

 One day, when the tonguing is done

We'll take our leave and go

 No line was cut, no whale was freed

 The captain's mind was not of greed

 And he belonged to the Whaleman's creed

 She took that ship in tow (huh)

Soon may the Wellerman come

To bring us sugar and tea and rum

One day, when the tonguing is done

 We'll take our leave and go Da-da-da-da-da Da-da-da-da-da-da-da Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da

For forty days or even more

 The line went slack then tight once more

All boats were lost, there were only four

But still that whale did go (huh)

Soon may the Wellerman come

To bring us sugar and tea and rum

 One day, when the tonguing is done

 We'll take our leave and go"

Aella

" As far as I've heard, the fight's still on

 The line's not cut, and the whale's not gone

The Wellerman makes his regular call

 To encourage the captain, crew and all (huh)"

Both

"Soon may the Wellerman come

 To bring us sugar and tea and rum

 One day, when the tonguing is done

 We'll take our leave and go

 Soon may the Wellerman come

To bring us sugar and tea and rum

 One day, when the tonguing is done

 We'll take our leave and go."

The song ended and Aella laughed happily as she hugged Drinian, she didnt notice her husband approaching. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her pack from the other man. Drinian smirked in amusement before bowing politely and walking away.

Aella looked up at her husband and saw the expression on his face, she laughed

"Are you jealous?"

Oberyn shook his head "Absolutely not.. He is just a boy." His voice lowered makin sure o ly she could hear "You are married to a man."

Aella blushed and grabbed his hand pulling him with her back towards their room,   once inside she grinned at him

"You are jealous.." He grabbed her arm kissing her fiercely

"The night of our wedding you said you did not share little Tiger, well I have suddenly decided I dont share either.. And your little friend is near you just a little to much."

Aella grinned "Well we have been very close since childhood."

Oberyn growled running his hands over her body "And does he make you feel the way I do little Tiger?"

Aellas smile widened "My father would not have allowed Drinian near me if he thought that he would ever touch me my Viper... Drinian is a eunuch from birth."

Oberyns eyes widened slightly before he grinned "Good... If any man ever touches you my Aella, I am not responsible for my actions."

He pulled her towards the bed and the two continued in what was quickly becoming Aellas favorite activity. They would arrive in Dorne soon and Aella would settle in quite nicely..

They would soon find out that Aella was already pregnent when they arrived in port, a honeymoon baby. The children were born with ease, a beautiful set of twins they were named Kiara and Lore, a daughter and son.

At their birth Ellrias gave his daughter a gift, two Tigers she would raise and rain for battle. All of the children of Ellrias save Lore (who was still in the run) were gifted a Tiger cub.

In the years that followed seven more children would be born to them, Oberyn found he was happy being tied to his wife. No one could tear them apart, they traveled together near and far taking their children with them until finally settling down in Dorne.

But over the years they still remembered why they had been wed, that Robert had refused them justice. And they never forgave and they never forgot.

_________________________________________________

Authors note: Well what do you think? Love it? Hate it?

Disclaimer:I own nothing except my OC's

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 6.7K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
96.4K 3K 64
Lya Baratheon is the oldest and only biological child of Cersei Lannister and Robert Baratheon, but unlike her younger brother she is kind and gentle...
24.4K 1.8K 11
Declining in health and uncertain about his house's future in his eldest son's hands, King Aerys II makes the announcement that any of his children m...
224K 8.6K 190
Aelinor Baratheon stands out in her family. She doesn't have the golden hair and green eyes of her mother and younger siblings. Nor does she have bla...