Short Stories

By KristinaMilcheva

A series of hopeful/ hopeless short stories about our inner universe and the challenges we can't escape from. More

Story 1: To new beginnings
Story 2: Our burden
Story 3: The quotes
Story 4: What is better than hoping
Story 5: Despite of me
Story 7: In your eyes
Story 8: A goodbye
Story 9: On the surface
Story 10: The third question
Story 11: Allow me to see things unseen
Story 12: The story I will tell myself
Story 13: 360
Story 14: Not a person, an epoch
Story 15: Where do the unsaid words go?
Story 16: All over
Story 17: On the threshold
Story 18: The collector
Story 19: Dancer
Story 20: The losing side
Story 21: A being of light
Story 22: Any moment now
Story 23: What was your name?
Story 24: Banana peel
Story 25: Stay
Story 26: Stop

Story 6: Lonely Gods

7 1 0
By KristinaMilcheva

I am not an atheist, but I struggle to find the evidence of the contrary. What is keeping our beliefs active, real and ... believable? It is our faith. It is our presence. If people wouldn't pray, the Gods wouldn't be a thing. If people didn't exist, religions wouldn't be venerated or spoken about. As soon as we are gone, they are gone with us.

So why do people claim they made us? They help us? They punish us? They instill values in us? It is us who makes them, every single time we think about them. In this very moment, God exists, and he is here by my shoulder watching me type this text. Is he angry that I question his existence?
But if I wasn't here, and nobody was here, nobody would question it.

This is so lonely. It's in their best interest to keep us around. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7M 550K 80
"I know that we will never be a real couple, but we can at least be nice to each other Aneel" I told him. I've had enough. Tears were starting to pri...
8.1M 342K 52
"I hope you realize you made the worst f**king decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul. "I didn't as...
50.7K 6.9K 27
Story of a surgeon Dr. Zulaid Afandi and a medical student Dr. Inara Ibrahim. Age gap Enemies to lovers Grumpy×sunshine Arranged marriage "What did...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...