Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Fourty-Nine

5.4K 222 112
By AintThatDevine

A/N: I always say that I'm sure I'll finish this soon because I have a layout, yet I take the same god damn amount of time to get an update up. I'm honestly horrible about updating this story and I hate myself for it.

49.

{Genesis' P.O.V}

"Dylan, Genesis! What are you doing in London?"

"Are you visiting or on a movie shoot?"

"Is your relationship a publicity stunt?"

"What's your take on her novel?"

"How do you two make it work?"

Dylan put me in front of him, blocking me off from the pettering of lights and voices. "Go, go." He opened the back hate to the hotel and quickly shut it behind us.

"Come on." I tugged on his arm, using the key to open the hidden door mainly used for staff only. "I don't know what the hell they were all doing here."

"Someone from the hotel must've leaked we were here or something," Dylan suggested. "They haven't been bad all day, but that was definitely different."

Night had fallen over London and on our way back from our walk along River Thames lit up by the Eye, we found a cluster waiting specifically for us.

"Elizabeth, most likely," I remarked, sighing slightly as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Hey, it's okay." Dylan put his hand on my back as we reached the upper floor and took the lift.

"I just don't want anything to ruin this trip," I told him, the lift heading up to our room.

"We're fine and the trip isn't going to get messed up." He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, "I promise."

I really hoped he was right.

Dylan took out the room key from his pocket, unlocking the right door and letting me in first. "London's really nice, Gen."

I smiled as I took off my jacket and draped it over one of the chairs at the kitchenette bar. "I'm glad you like it."

"I mean it was nice when I came before, but there's something about being here with you," he said with the slightest tone difference. "Everything kind of seems like that with you."

I slightly furrowed my eyebrows, walking over to him. "What do you mean, Dyl?"

"I don't know, it's just that there are all these things that happened before you got to LA, and when you're there, it's just...better. I'm not really sure how else to say it."

I wrapped my arms around his torso, enough space to still look up to him into the brown eyes that killed me. "Give me an example, Romeo."

Dylan lightly smiled at my comment, "Okay, how about what we just talked about? London. I was here with friends and it's different being here with you. Or, like the Maze Runner set. Don't get me wrong, I loved filming, but when you came with me for that redo of the lost scenes, it was ten times more fun. Same with Teen Wolf. That show is everything to me, yet it's so nice to have you there on set, too."

I grinned, "And here I was thinking I was a bummer to have around."

He scoffed jokingly, "You could never be a bummer. I love spending time with you. And, it helps because I love you, too."

"Sounds like a perfect match," I softly said, going up on my toes and pressed my lips to his. "I love you, too."

Dylan put a hand on my lower back, the other cradling the side of my face. His lips responded to mine, varying the pressure he used.

My hands trailed his torso, soon tugging up on the hem of his shirt lightly. When he lifted his arms, I pulled it up over his head.

Dylan took it from me, tossing it to the side as he pressed his lips back to mine with a little more force than before. He crouched a little, tracing his hands down my back before lifting me off of the ground.

I wrapped my legs around his torso, my fingers toying with the hair at the nape of his neck. "Wait!" I pulled away, still holding onto him.

Dylan looked lightly startle, his lips more pink than before. "What? Is something wrong?"

"No, give me you mobile." Dylan only grinned, setting me on the counter of the kitchenette while pulling his phone from his pocket. After handing it to me, he ran his hands up and down my thighs in attempt to distract me.

I only laughed, holding down the power button on his cell. I did the same with mine, setting both behind me before putting my hand on his cheeks. I smiled, "No interruptions."

Dylan tucked a fallen wave of hair behind my ear, his eyes focused on mine. "No interruptions, that's a new one."

"Seems like a good change to me." I softly said, pulling him back to me and pressing his lips to mine.

Dylan lifted me back off of the counter, giving in as he walked us from the living space out to the bedroom. He bumped me on the door, kicking off his shoes while laughing into the kiss.

"This looks way easier in the movies." I mumbled against his mouth, pulling on his shoulders as he put me down on the bed. "It sure as hell looked like it in your movie with Britt."

Dylan grinned, hands pressed into the mattress on either side of me. "We had to do that take like twenty times. I kept falling over."

I tried to keep from laughing, but it was enough so that I had to stop kissing Dylan for a moment. "Now that's all I'm picturing."

"How about you stop picturing that and you be here, right now, with me." He kissed my collarbone, starting the pull up the hem of my top.

I sat up just enough to pull the fabric free, Dylan throwing it to the side as his mouth met mine more needily than before. I ran my hand down his firm torso, stopping as my fingers hit the buckle of his belt.

Dylan pulled away, his expression slightly changed. "Are you sure?"

I traced my fingers along his cheek, "I'm sure."

****

Light dripped into the hotel room, inching its way across my face. I slowly opened my eyes, the curtains barely parted. In the middle of the bed wrapped in the duvet, I was alone.

I sat up, running my fingers through my hair. Holding the covers to my chest, I tilted my head towards Dylan's pillow. I plucked the tented piece of paper with his handwriting.

   Gen,

I'm so incredibly sorry, but my agent booked an interview that he gave me no say in. I'm not sure when you'll wake up (I'm guessing noonish, knowing you) but I should be back before 6. If the interview is running long, I'll get up and leave, no question.

I love you so much and I feel so bad about having to leave. I wish I could've woken up with you, even though you sleep like a bear.

I hope this doesn't ruin our trip too much,

   Dylan

I slid out of the bed, leaving the note on the side table. I guessed it wasn't too bad, but it left me in a city I didn't like alone for a few hours, at least.

"Lovely." I said to myself, in only a pair of Dylan's boxers and a top. Rifling through the closet that held some of the clothes I'd hung up, I pulled out a lilac silk top and a light wash chambray button up. Taking dark skinny jeans from my suitcase and a pair of ankle boots, I shut myself into the bathroom.

I surfaced not much later with soft waves and light makeup, hopping as I put on my second shoe. Flicking my hair from my face, I put the room key and a few other things in my shoulder bag before leaving the room with an apple in hand.

I had a day in London, so why the hell not?

Even though I didn't want to be here.

And it was the last place I ever wanted to be.

But bloody hell I had a need to go out and walk.

My arrival in the lobby didn't go unnoticed, the few people at the desk saying goodbye to me, bellhops asking how my day was and the manager seeing if I needed a car to go anywhere.

I felt like I was suffocating, but I held a nice face as I told them I was just going for a walk. The breeze outside was like a gust of fresh air, ridding all the voices eager to help.

I knew where I was in exact and took a right instead of the left that I'd taken with Dylan. Some part of me thought I was just going to wander, but I also knew exactly where I was going to end up.

A few minutes later, I stood at the base of the flat complex Tanner used to live in. It wasn't fully restored after what happened, some pieces of the roof missing or loose.

I watched the sky move over it, suddenly feeling a little more hollow than I had before.

I glanced over my shoulder, having to look twice. "You have got to be kidding me," I muttered. I backed up, taking once last look at the flat I'd spend my weekends at with my brother before jogging across the street. "Hey!"

A man is a baseball cap started walking away as if I hadn't called them.

I shook my head, walking quickly after them. Grabbing their arm, I made them stop. "What's your problem?"

Startled by not expecting me to go after them, they held wide eyes as they took a step back. "Look, I didn't mean for any trouble."

"You follow people and not expect trouble?" Holding an accent much like my own, they no less had a camera around their neck.

"Not going to lie, love. I usually don't get seen."

"Well you have. Why were you following me?" I felt my heart pounding, thrown off by the memories of Tanner and my rage towards this man.

"Genesis Venita coming home is a big deal." The man nodded his chin towards the flat complex, "Your brother used to live there, didn't he? That explosion a few years ago?"

Without being able to hold myself back, my hand connected with his face. I backed up as his hands flew to his face, darting off towards the way I came. The puttering winds made my tears sting against my face cool as I came back across Parliament. Weaving through people I tried not to make myself noticed, determined to get back to the hotel before I collapsed completely.

I didn't want this. I didn't want any of it.

I came through the hotel doors with unrest in my heart, vouching for the staircase and fumbling for my key as I reached my floor without breath. I shouted inwardly in frustration, forcing the room door open.

"I don't know what I'm doing," I muttered to myself, the door shutting. I ran my hands down my face, verging on tears. "I can't do this."

I could feel it coming. It was too much, coming on much too strong.

I panicked, starting to cry as I made myself pull out my phone. I could hear his voice, telling me to calm down, to count backwards from one hundred. Numbers laced through my head as I scrounged for his contact, curling up against the glass of the balcony door. My breathing sputtered as I pressed my mobile to my ear, my free hand clenching and growing white. "Please pick up," I whimpered.

The space between rings seemed like forever, going once, twice, three-

"Gen? What is it?"

"Daniel, I can't - I can't-"

"Woah, woah, breathe. Gen, you have to breathe."

I covered my eyes, trying to steady my breathing. "I can't do this."

"Can't do what. Talk to me." Daniel had clearly been sleeping from the time difference but had taken my call anyways. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the hotel room. Dylan's at something his agent made him do and I, I went to the flat, Tanner's flat, and I just, I can't do this, I can't keep pretending none of it happened." I pushed my hand through my hair, practically tearing it out. "I can't keep lying to Dylan about knowing you and what happened between us and what happened to Tanner-"

"Gen, his interview ended half an hour ago."

I tilted my head up, the room door shutting louder than it would have normally.

Dylan was in the doorway, an unknown expression on his face that meant everything I was hoping to avoid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 14.8K 34
COMPLETED trust fall. 2022. oc x bradley bradshaw.
19.4K 501 13
It's not so easy for Stacy McCall to have a twin brother who's a werewolf and in love with your best friend who's family's a hunter. To be stuck with...
556K 14.8K 59
|| SEQUEL TO EASY WAY OUT || After quitting her job oversees, Isla Rafferty soon finds herself lost, alone, and once again longing for Spencer Reid;...
109K 3.4K 9
Change is going to happen, whether someone wants it to or not. Change waits for no one, supernatural or mundane. For a while, it's been Indigo...