Jily Oneshots (pt2)

By notahuman12345

ALL NOT MINE!! all from fanfiction.net unless indicated no intention of stealing cover by constancezin2 on fa... More

The Other Woman
Happy Birthday, Baby
Taken
Up to Speed
Announcement
Friends
Let It Snow
World's End
With Little to No Help From Friends
Just Stay Here Tonight
Foam Hearts
Missions, Letters, and Bloody Owls
Nothing But the Best
Hair
Coming Home
Happiness Pending
Bequeathment
A Baby Changes Everything
hurting the one I love
A Trip in Time
In the Rain
Recognizable Voices
Baby Blues
Begin Again
When
Movie Night
cat videos
When It Rains It Pours Boys Down The Stairs
Caution: Wet Floor
Betrayed, Devastated, Heartbroken, Inconsolable, and Woeful
A Matter Of Urgency
Knock on my door
help! (i've fallen and i can't get up)
Faodail
Pieces
Peanuts
The Trouble With Office Supplies
And Then I Met You
The Art of Self-Defense
Dead Men Rise Up Sometimes
Key Limes
Happy Moments
Your Blood is No Purer
Three Swipes, You're Out
You and Me Both, Kid
Reunion
Percentages
Thirty, Flirty, and Aubergines
All Hallow's Eve
Love & Memories
Hey Teacher! Leave them Kids alone!
The Waiting Game
World's End
My Worst Nightmare
9 Months, 333 Days, 7992 Hours
The Gits of Christmas Past
The First and Last Christmas
Oh, Christmas Tree
Happy Birthday
Kiss Cam
Naming by Sly
Asleep at Last
Final Careers Advice
For Dumbledore's Sake
Blank Page
All of Our Vices
Scrofungulus
Entropy
Adore
To Make Her Laugh
In My Arms
Only My Marauder
Snow
Common Room Cuddles
Mr Boarding School
Of Intimacy
Special Snuggle
The Evans Girl
The Stolen Jumper
Star-Crossed Lovers
moppet
Peaches and Pick-up Lines
Every Little Thing You Do Is Magic
The Difference
Singing at Sleepovers
Safe & Sound
The Missing Piece
Like Dancing
Making Breakfast
The Magic Number
I love you
Broken ovens, bad dates and other beautiful things
when the stars fall
Heart Pangs and Catching Chasers
can you play me a melody
Rain
spice and honey
In it For Me
making spirits bright
A Happy Accident
Lucky and In Love
All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you
Upside Down
ello yewchube
Stampedes in Your Stomach
Fate
Honey, I Can't Find The Baby
Baby Potter
When Mumma Was NO
One Week New
life is good, now
First word(s)
I Love You (you do?)
I hate how much I love you
as in love with you as i am
A lesson in charms and love
(you are the moon) pulling tides over me.
Wake Up, Sleeping Beauty!
all the right things for all the wrong reasons.
Lovely Plants
Lucky that I Love You
Between The Aisles
Unique Results for Gingers
Lovers and Voyeurs
The Christmas Gift Dispute
Right where you left me
Ice to Meet You
Adagio
The Little Things
Quarantine
This Is Your Captain Speaking
Toucan Play At This Game
Hey There, Bartender
Operation Pumpkin Spice
like a deer in headlights
A Miscommunication of Massive Proportions
Unfolding

Sick For Christmas

395 6 0
By notahuman12345

by dreamwriter32

James Potter hummed along with the CD player, as Sirius sung 'Jingle Bell Rock' off key. They were hanging up Christmas lights outside on the Potter's house in Potter's Bar. They were getting everything ready for Christmas, putting up the lights outside and the decorations inside. They would be leaving soon to pick up Harry from Kings Cross.

He smiled as he thought of his son. Harry was the spitting image of his father, except for the eyes. He had Lily's eyes. Merlin should have known James had a hard time saying no to his wife. With Harry having the same eye color as Lily, James couldn't say no to his son. Harry had mastered the puppy pout when he was five, using it when he wanted something. It was hard to believe Harry was already sixteen. Time seemed to be flying by.

Lily had flooed home that morning, getting the tree ready to decorate when Harry got home, setting it up, and putting the lights and the garland on. She worked in the Hospital Wing with Madam Pomfrey since Harry's first year. She loved her job, especially seeing her son every day.

"Hello Lily," Remus greeted when Lily stepped out the door to check on the progress James, Sirius, and Remus were making on decorating the house. "It looks good, Babe."

"Thank you, my love." James pretended to take a bow while standing on a ladder.

Noticing the time on her watch, Lily felt panicked. They needed to go to London to pick up Harry.

"James, Remus, and Sirius will have to finish this. We have to go get Harry."

"Why didn't he floo home with you?" James asked as he climbed down the ladder.

"Ron and Ginny will be leaving for Romania tomorrow. Hermione will be leaving for her family's trip. So he wanted to spend some with them," Lily explained.

Sirius looked at her with an uplifted eyebrow. He knew the reason why Harry rode the train home instead of flooing home with his mother.

"You mean he wanted to spend time with Ginny."

"I think that was what was he was meaning," James implied, as he walked toward his wife.

Lily smiled as she thought of the young woman who had taken her baby's heart. When she saw Harry and Ginny together, she saw her younger self and younger James. Of course, she saw the hand holding, the quick kisses as they parted for classes, and them sitting together at meals. She had heard through the grapevine about them snogging in the Gryffindor locker room at the Quidditch pitch.

Her son had been known to watch Ginny at practice, instead of the practice it's self. That was probably why he had gotten some bruises on his side from getting hit by bludgers when he came out of the bathroom, one weekend when he stayed in her quarters.

James brought her out of her thoughts when he said, "We'd better go."

Lily went to collect her handbag and keys to the Volvo. She handed the keys to James and they got in the car heading off to London and Kings Cross Station.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

"Have fun in Romania, Ron. Call me on the mirror, let me know you got there safely," Hermione said, softly to her boyfriend, looking up into his blue eyes.

"I will Hermione," Ron murmured, pulling her into his arms. "See you on New Years?"

"See you on New Year's," Hermione agreed.

Ron and Hermione were standing off to the side, behind a pillar. They wanted one last moment before they met their parents as they wouldn't see each other until the Potter's New Year's Eve and Day party.

Not far from the couple stood Harry and Ginny.

"I'm going to miss you," Ginny said, sadly, with her arms wrapped around Harry's neck.

"Just don't go falling for a Romanian guy," Harry muttered against her lips.

"Why wouldn't I when I have the best looking guy as my boyfriend?" Ginny asked, looking up at his green eyes.

"Thanks, Gin. Call me on the mirror and let me know you got there okay," Harry said. Ginny nodded, standing on her tiptoes to kiss him.

"I better go," Ginny said when they broke apart. "I'll see you on New Year's. I love you."

"I love you too. See you on New Year's."

They kissed one more time before they departed looking for their parents, finding the Weasley's first, but the Potters were nowhere to be found.

Just when Harry was wondering where his parents were, he was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug. He recognized the perfume immediately, knowing it wasn't Molly.

"Mum, you just saw me this morning," Harry reminded his mother. He felt his mother press a kiss to head before breaking apart, allowing Harry to greet James.

"Hi Son," James greeted as he engulfed his son in a gentler and manlier hug.

"Hey, Dad." Harry returned the hug.

"Are you ready to go?" Lily asked.

"Yeah," Harry replied. "Where are Remus and Sirius?"

"They're at home," Lily replied. They walked to the car park, got in the car and drove home. Driving through London, Lily commented on the decoration and went over the plans for the next week, including coming into London to go Christmas shopping.

When they arrived home, Harry helped his dad take his trunk out of the car and into the house. Hedwig had already arrived home, resting with Oscar, the Potter family owl. Upon on entering the house, Harry was once again engulfed in a hug.

"Seriously?" Harry asked. "I just saw you yesterday."

"Yes, I'm Sirius," Sirius said, chuckling.

Remus took his turn, greeting Harry before he took his trunk upstairs to his room. His bedroom was medium size, the second largest bedroom other than the master bedroom in the house. The walls were painted blue, a calmer version of Puddlemere United blue, a compromise between mother and son when they decided to repaint Harry's room when he was thirteen.

"Harry, can you come here down here, please? Lily called from downstairs.

Listening to his mother, he went downstairs, heading to the kitchen where James, Remus, and Sirius were sitting at the table.

"I made some snacks." Lily brought over some plate of snakes of chicken bites, wings, and some veg. "Oh, I forget to tell you, Harry. Tonight is the Ministry Christmas ball. Your father and I will be going."

"When do you want to decorate the tree?" James asked.

"After you boys are done with the snack," Lily replied, sitting down another plate of chicken bite as Harry, Sirius, and James had already finished the previous plateful. "I thought I only had one teenager."

Remus chuckled.

"I never asked. How's the team looking after winning the first match?" Sirius asked.

"Fine," Harry replied. "Ron's been improving on his keeping skills. I think if everything keeps going the way it does, we might win the cup. Ginny has proven to be a great chaser."

At the mention of Ginny, Lily stated, "I heard about you and Ginny snogging in the locker room last week. Care to explain?"

Harry spewed his Butterbeer at Sirius. "Oi!' He exclaimed, getting a napkin to wipe his face. James looked at his son, eyebrows uplifted.

"Oh, so you got lucky in the locker room?" He chuckled.

"No, Dad. We just snogged. We've decided we would wait until we're ready for that part of our relationship. And older," Harry added hastily at seeing Lily's face.

"I am too young to be a Grandma! Keep that mind, Harry James!

"Yes, Mum," Harry murmured.

Harry caught them up on what was going on with his classes and how his sixth year was going, even though the only person he didn't see at Hogwarts on daily bases was James. Lily worked in the hospital wing while Remus and Sirius taught Defense Against the Dark Arts. Sirius was also there for security as well.

After they finished with their snack, James, Harry, Sirius, and Remus went into the living room to decorate the tree, while Lily began to cook dinner since the food at ministry functions was left to be desired. When she got most of the food fixed, she headed into the living room to check on the boys' progress.

Christmas ornaments were flying around the tree hanging themselves. Sirius and Remus were directing the ornaments with their wands, while James and Harry handed the breakable ornaments and the ones Lily treasured and didn't want to be broken. Harry would be of age next year, meaning he would be allowed to perform magic outside of Hogwarts. It was going to be chaotic next year using magic to decorate.

"It looks good boys," She commented.

Sirius started to sing 'Deck the Halls' off key. The only thing wrong with this was Sirius couldn't sing, but he did anyway.

"Sirius, you can't sing," Harry said, from the other side of the tree.

Suddenly, Sirius got a mischievous look on his face. Harry recognized the look on his face.

"Uh oh!" Harry took off as Sirius chased him around the room before he tackled him to the ground, proceeding to tickle Harry.

"Sirius, stop, please," Harry begged between laughs.

"Where was it that you're the most ticklish? Sirius asked himself out loud. "I remember now!" Sirius snaked his hands under Harry's shirt, tickling his stomach.

"I surrender, Padfoot!" Harry panted once he got enough breath.

Lily smiled at hearing the sound of her son's laughter, something she rarely heard. She looked around the house, smiling at the Christmas decorations and her family around her.

It was great to be home.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

The tree was finished, the decorations were up outside and inside, the Christmas lights were. It was looking like Christmas at the Potter household.

James and Lily were getting ready to leave for the Ministry Christmas Party. Lily was nervous about leaving Harry alone at the house. Sirius and Remus were meeting some friend at the Three Broomsticks for drinks and to catch up. Lily and James would be joining them once they finished the first dance would be missed if they left before then. They would come back to the Potters and Remus and Sirius would spend the night as it was tradition started when Harry was little.

The first dance at every Ministry event was the Minister, their spouse, and the head of each department and their spouses. Unfortunately for James, this included deputy heads.

"No friends over, don't even think about getting into the Firewhiskey, and…."

"Call us at the Ministry I need anything," Harry finished. "I know, Mum."

Lily had gone over the rules ten times already. He never invited friends over when his parents weren't home and even though he knew how to pick the lock, he had no plans of getting into the alcohol cabinet.

"You have the floo information if you need to call us right?" Lily inquired, letting James put on her wrap.

"Yes, Mum. May I add, you look beautiful, Mum."

"Thank you, sweetheart." Lily pressed a kiss to his head. "Are you sure you'll be okay here by yourself?"

"Mum, I'm sixteen. I think I can manage to be home by myself for a few hours," Harry informed her.

"He'll be just fine, Lily. I got the house locked down and the floo is closed for incoming calls, but Harry could make a floo call out. Plus, I'll have the mirror." Turning to his son, he asked, "Where's yours?"

Harry held it up.

Lily sighed, knowing her husband was right. The wards on the house would keep Harry safe. She just worried, or over worried as James and Harry would put it.

"We'll be home by eleven," James informed his son.

Once James and Lily had left, Harry popped himself some popcorn and got another Butterbeer, settling in for the night watching Christmas movies, starting with the cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas. When the Grinch was over, he put in The Muppet Christmas Carol tape, ending the Christmas movie marathon with Ernest Saves Christmas.

When the movies were over, he returned the popcorn bowl to the kitchen, placing it in the sink. He headed upstairs to get a shower and to change into his pajamas, bringing down his laundry as he knew Lily would ask for it.

Out of nowhere, he started feeling sick to his stomach. Pushing it off as nothing, he laid down on the couch, falling asleep instantly.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

At eleven, James and Lily returned home, the exact time they had told Harry they would be home. Walking through the front door, they found the light was still on in the family room, as well as the light in the kitchen. Lily headed toward the family room, while James went to the kitchen.

"Do you think Harry is still up?" James asked, softly.

"Probably," Lily replied, walking into the family room, finding Harry fast asleep on the couch. She smiled at her sleeping son. Though she knew he would be more comfortable sleeping in his own bed, she gently shook his shoulder to wake him.

"Come on, Sweetheart. Let's get you to bed."

Harry woke up yawning, getting up from the couch, and shuffling towards the stairs, following James up the stairs, only heading to his bedroom and not his parents' room. Upon entering his bedroom, he walked over to the bed, lying down heavily on the bed and was instantly asleep.

"Is he asleep?" James asked when he walked in Harry's bedroom.

"Yes, he's asleep."

They turned, watching Harry sleep for a moment. James took off his glasses, placing them on the nightstand while Lily picked up Harry's bare feet, laying them on the bed, tucking them under the blanket and then tucking the duvet around Harry, kissing his cheek.

James leaned over, kissed the top of his head, and followed Lily to their bedroom.

They went to bed, dreaming of a wonderful family Christmas.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

At three in the morning, Harry woke up instantly knowing something was wrong. His stomach hurt and he felt nauseous. He put on his glasses, sat up slowly, clutching his stomach, and wincing at the pain he was feeling. Slowly, he got up from the bed, shuffled towards the door, heading to his parents' bedroom.

As he shuffled towards his parents' bedroom, his stomach churned, cramping sharply. The pain made him double over, wrapping his arm around his middle, holding himself up with his other hand against the wall. When the cramping stopped, he continued to shuffle towards his parents' bedroom.

Suddenly, he felt bile rising in the back of his throat. He slapped a hand over his mouth, rushing to the bathroom.

He collapsed in front of the toilet, heaving, hoping he didn't wake up the whole household. When he finished, he sat on the floor in front of the bathroom, laying his head on the toilet.

He was about to get up when he heard footsteps in the hallway.

Lily had woken up, her mother's intuition kicking in. She heard Harry heaving in his bathroom. She got up, slipping on and wrapping her dressing gown around herself, heading to the door. She got the open bathroom door, finding Harry sitting on the floor, leaning against the toilet.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Lily asked as she approached her son. Harry leaned his head back, looking up at his mother, with drowsy, droopy eyes.

"Mum, I don't feel so good," Harry groaned. Kneeling beside her son, Lily gently placed her hand on his forehead.

"You feel warm," she commented, gently rubbing his back in small circles. "What hurts?"

"My stomach hurts."

"When did your stomach start hurting?" Lily asked, continuing to rub Harry's back, running the possible illnesses her son might have in her head.

"When I woke up, it was hurting and I felt nauseous," Harry explained.

Lily told Harry to wait there, she would be right back. She left the bathroom to return to her bedroom to get her wand and her healer's bag, knowing she might need it.

Returning to Harry's bathroom, she found her son in the same position she had found him earlier, sitting in front of the toilet, his arms wrapped around his middle. She approached him slowly, not knowing if Harry had fallen asleep. Gently, she placed her hand on his shoulder. At the touch, he looked up at her.

She gently asked, "Ready to go back to bed?"

Harry nodded, allowing Lily to help him off the floor, leading him back to his bedroom. Once back to his bedroom, he laid down on his bed.

Lily dug into her bag, finding the thermometer. She waved her wand on the instrument to clean it before she slipped the thermometer in her son's mouth.

"Keep that under your tongue," She instructed as she slipped the thermometer in Harry's mouth.

They waited for the thermometer to beep. Lily ran her fingers through Harry's hair, moving the fringe off his forehead, looking softly at her son as she did so. When the thermometer beeped, she removed it, checking the result.

"100.2," she said, looking her son, noticing his eyes were closed and he was breathing deeply. His arms tightened its hold around his middle. "Is your stomach cramping?" She asked.

Harry nodded, groaning softly when the cramps began to intensify for a minute. When he finally relaxed, loosening the hold, he sighed.

"Better?" Lily inquired. Harry nodded.

Lily picked up her healer's bag, digging out her Muggle stethoscope.

"Sweetheart, I need you to lie on your back for me," Lily requested, gently. Harry turned onto his back, knowing what Lily was going to do. Since Lily was a trained healer, she sometimes was able to figure out what was ailing her husband or son when they were sick. Because of this, they didn't make that many visits to the healer when they were under the weather.

"Anything else hurt besides your stomach?" She asked.

Harry shook his head.

Lily pulled up Harry's t-shirt, placing the bell of the stethoscope on her son's abdomen. She moved the bell of the stethoscope across her son's skin, listening to his bowels for a minute in each place before she heard a loud rumbling sound.

"That didn't sound good," she commented.

Lily listened for another minute before she removed the stethoscope. "Now, I'm going to do a diagnostic charm."

She gently placed her hand on Harry's abdomen, adding firm, gentle pressure. "Relax, Sweetheart."

Harry listened to Lily's instruction, relaxing his abdominal muscles. Lily's suspicions were confirmed when the results appeared in front of her.

"You have the stomach flu," she said.

"So am I stuck in bed?" Harry asked with a sigh.

"I might let you move down to the family room and watch some television tomorrow," Lily assured him, pulling down Harry's t-shirt, covering him back up with the blanket.

"Okay," Harry agreed.

Lily kissed his forehead. "I'll be downstairs to brew the immunity potion for your Dad, Remus, and Sirius. Need me, I'll be downstairs."

"Okay, Mum."

"Try and get some sleep, sweetheart. I'll bring you up some potions in a little bit, including a stomach calmer. It should help your cramps."

"Thanks, Mum," Harry murmured.

He turned onto his side, curling into a ball. Lily pushed back his hair, watching her son for a second before she stood up, leaning over kissing his cheek. She approached the door, leaning against the doorway, watching her son sleep for a moment before turning off the light and leaving the room.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

The next morning, James entered Harry's bedroom to check on him as Lily had asked him too. She told him when he got up that morning that Harry was sick, giving him the immunity potion before he went upstairs to take ones for Remus and Sirius and to check on their son.

Sitting down on his son's bedside, he found Harry awake and lying on his stomach.

"How are you feeling, son?" He asked, rubbing his son's back through the blanket.

"Sick," Harry groaned. "This sucks."

James rubbed Harry's back in soothing circles. He hated seeing Harry sick. He turned his head when he heard footsteps approaching to find Lily coming in with a vial in her hand.

"Here, it's time for another stomach soother. This one is the maximum strength one."

Harry sat up slowly, with some help from James. He took the stomach soother. Once he downed it and the water Lily had brought, he laid back down.

"Need anything else?" Lily asked, pushing back some stray hair from her son's face.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks, Mum."

Lily left the room after telling Harry to call for her if he needed her. "I'll be downstairs."

"You know," James began, sitting down in the armchair. "I remember when you were little, whenever you got sick. I would sit in a chair or in the bed with you, read you stories until I was hoarse. Or I would sit with you and watch cartoons. Then when you got older you started watching that one show. I forget what it was called. It was one that you discovered when you had Wizard's Flu. What was it called?"

"The Simpsons," Harry supplied.

"You still watch it don't you?" James asked.

"The Christmas episode is on tonight. I was going to watch it but I don't know if I could."

"I'll talk to your Mum. I know she said you can later, but I'll see if she'll let you go down to the family room sooner."

He left Harry in his room, heading downstairs in search of his wife. He found her in the sitting room, reading one of her potion book she was reading when she heard James come in. She looked up when James entered the room.

"How's he feeling?" She asked.

"About the same," He replied. "I think the maximum strength stomach soother is working. Could Harry move downstairs to the family room soon?"

Lily appeared to be thinking about it for a moment before she nodded. "I don't see why not. He's not got a too high fever, so I'll allow him down to the family room in about an hour."

"Alright, I'll let him know when I take him another bottle of water."

He turned his head towards the stairs when he heard footsteps. Remus entered the living room entered the living room and sat in the armchair next to James.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Harry's sick, he has the stomach flu," Lily explained.

Remus nodded, wincing in sympathy. "Is that why I saw him run to the bathroom?"

Before Lily could get out of the chair, Remus called behind him as he headed towards the kitchen, "Sirius is with him."

Lily sat back down, deciding to give Sirius a moment before she headed upstairs.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Sirius left his bedroom, half asleep, shuffling towards the guest bathroom. When he and Remus stayed with the Potters, they had their own bedroom but shared a bathroom. Sirius left the bathroom, heading to his room when the door to Harry's room open and Harry ran to the bathroom with a hand over his mouth.

When the sounds of retching reached Sirius's ears, being the caring Godfather he is, Sirius went and knocked on the bathroom door. He winced at the sound of hacking and gagging.

"Yeah," Harry called.

"Are you okay?" Sirius asked. The sound of retching was his answer. "Mind if I come in?" Silence followed. Sirius was about to open the door and enter the bathroom when Harry gave the okay.

"No, come on in."

Sirius opened to find Harry sitting in front of the toilet. Harry looked up at him, lifting his head up from the toilet seat.

"Hey, Sirius," Harry croaked.

"Are you sick?" Sirius moved the sweaty hair off Harry's forehead.

"Mum said it was the stomach flu. I've had it before. It sucks."

Sirius soothingly rubbed Harry's back, as his godson groaned, started heaving again. Unfortunately, there was nothing left in Harry's stomach, leaving him dry heaving.

Sirius winced watching Harry heave.

When Harry slumped back against him, he asked, "Are you done?"

Harry nodded. He leaned his head back, against the wall, closing his eyes in exhaustion. He heard the toilet and the water running in the sink. Soon he felt Sirius's hand on his shoulder. He cracked his eyes open to find Sirius kneeling in front of him.

"Here kiddo, rinse your mouth out," he directed, handing Harry a cup.

Harry rinsed his mouth out, handing Sirius the cup back when he finished. Then he felt himself being lifted from the floor.

"Sirius?"

"I got you," Sirius soothed as he carried Harry to his bedroom. He laid his godson on his bed gently.

"Comfy?" He asked. Harry nodded. "I'll go and get your Mum." Sirius patted Harry's shoulder before leaving the room.

Harry had barely closed his eyes when he felt Lily's hand on his shoulder.

"Here sweetheart, this will help settle your stomach," Lily soothed as she handed Harry a cup with a straw. She helped guide the straw into Harry's mouth.

Harry soon discovered inside the cup was Sprite. This was something that Lily had given anyone, whether it be Harry, James, Sirius, and Remus, she would give them Sprite for an upset stomach. She had even asked James to bring it to Hogwarts for her when Harry was sick.

"I'm going to move you downstairs, so you can watch some television. I can keep a better eye on you."

Harry smiled at the idea of getting out of his room, to watch some television. "Thanks, Mum."

"If your fever goes up or if you start feeling sick, you'll move back to bed," she warned. "Am I clear?"

"Crystal," Harry murmured.

Remus knocked on the door, making Harry and Lily turned their attention to him.

"I'll go make you some toast. We'll try something light, then see how your stomach will handle it."

Lily left to make Harry some toast and to allow Remus to visit before he left to go run his errands.

"Stinks being sick near Christmas don't it?" he asked.

Harry nodded. "I've had worse. I've had the flu for Christmas once," he said.

"When?" Remus asked. He had been present for every Christmas since Lily and James were married and after Harry was born. Although he remembered a time they waited to have Christmas on New Years.

"I was ten. It was before I went to Hogwarts. You had some kind of bug and wasn't allowed to be around me," Harry reminded him.

Remus recalled that Christmas after Harry had refreshed his memory. He hated to see Harry sick.

"Well, I better get going. I got some last minute presents to buy," Remus said.

"A defense book is a good choice for me," Harry said, cheekily.

Remus ruffled his hair before he left the room. Before he left his room, Harry leaned back into the pillows, deciding to take a nap before moving downstairs.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Harry lounged on the couch in the family room, watching television with Sirius. Lily had been in to check on him a few times, bringing him more Sprite and some crackers as he was starting to feel like he could keep something down.

Sirius decided to sit with him and keep him since Remus when out to get some late minute Christmas presents, James was called into work, and Lily was in her lab, brewing potions.

"Are you feeling better, Pup?" Sirius asked.

"Some, my stomach doesn't hurt as bad as it did," Harry replied, snuggling in deeper into the cushions.

Sirius got the blanket off the back of the love seat, covering Harry up with the blanket.

"Thanks." Harry leaned his head against the propped up on pillows, smiling softly as The Simpsons Christmas episode came on.

"I remember that Christmas three years ago, the one you came down with Wizard's Flu the day after Christmas," Sirius said when the show went to commercials.

"I never felt so sick in my life. That wasn't fun at all," Harry muttered.

Sirius wrapped a comforting arm around Harry, gently pulling him closer to him to allow the teen to lean on his shoulder.

"You'll feel better soon, Pup. I hope you are. I hate seeing you sick."

"It's Remus, who can't stand the sight of someone throwing up isn't it?"

Sirius chuckled. "Yeah, but he has better control over it than he used to. He doesn't like to see you sick either. None of us do."

Harry nodded. "Shush, the shows back on."

Sirius hugged Harry to him, kissing the top of his head. He leaned back, enjoying the show and being with his godson.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Harry fell asleep after the show went off. Sirius left him on the couch since he didn't want to wake up Harry. He covered him with a blanket, readjusting him to a more comfortable position, careful not wake him up.

Lily came into the family room every now and then to check on him and to see if he was running a higher temperature. She left him asleep, knowing he didn't sleep much and hadn't been sleeping much for the past week to prepare for the end of the year exams.

Harry woke up, sometime later, his stomach hurting more than before. He didn't feel sick, his stomach just hurt.

Slowly, Harry got up from the couch, groaning when he thought he would have to climb the stairs to find his parents, but heard a noise coming from the kitchen.

He shuffled towards the kitchen door, finding his mother baking bread and cookies, scones, and other she treats she fixed around Christmas. The smell of the bread baking usually made Harry's stomach growl in anticipation, rumbled unhappily. Harry knew he couldn't stand there all day, especially with his stomach starting to cramp more sharply.

"Mum."

Lily looked up at her son's voice, seeing Harry standing on the other side of the counter, slightly bent over with his arms around his middle.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" she asked.

"My stomach really hurts." Harry couldn't help the whiny sick voice he hadn't heard since he was a little boy.

Lily washed her hands in the sink as she had been rolling dough and led Harry back to the couch.

"I doubt the way you're feeling, you could make it upstairs, could you?" She inquired.

Harry shook his head weakly. He laid down on the couch on his side, curling into a ball, holding his stomach. He felt Lily's hand on his forehead, noticing it felt a lot cooler than it did earlier.

"Your fever is about gone, that good. I think the bug has about run its course." Lily ran her hand down Harry's face and down to his shoulder.

"I'll see if your Dad could help you upstairs."

Harry nodded, slowly, closing his eyes when he felt a strong cramp rolled through his stomach. He heard footsteps coming in the family room and his father's voice.

"Come on, Son. Let's get you to bed." Harry felt his Dad lift him up, carrying him upstairs.

James carried Harry upstairs to his bedroom, gently laid him down on his bed. The stomach pain was now more persistent, making Harry groan.

"Lay on your back, sweetheart. I'll rub your stomach," Lily directed.

Harry turned on his back, slowly, waiting to feel his mother's soft hands on his stomach. Soon he felt Lily's hand on his abdomen, rubbing in slow, soothing circles, careful not to add pressure.

Lily watched Harry's facial expressions, as she rubbed, watching his face relaxed, telling her that the abdominal massage was working.

"How am I doing? Is your stomach feeling better?" Lily asked after some time had passed.

"Yeah," Harry sighed. She heard Harry's stomach growling, telling her that the massage was working.

She continued to rub her son's stomach even after he'd fallen asleep.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Harry woke up the next morning, feeling better than he had when he woke up yesterday. He laid on his back, looking up at the ceiling. Lily's massage had helped him sleep last night. He only woke up at midnight to go to the bathroom, going to back to sleep when he crawled back into bed.

The door opened and a black dog entered, jumped on the bed, starting to lick Harry's face.

"Padfoot! Get off!"

Sirius laid down, flopping onto Harry's stomach, knocking the wind out of him.

"Uh, Sirius please get off. I'll get up if you get up."

In response, the black dog jumped off and Sirius stood there in the dog's place.

"Are you feeling better Pup?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah, I feel a lot better," Harry replied, as he got up. Together Godfather and Godson headed downstairs to the kitchen. Lily was lauding porridge into bowls when they came in. James sat at the table, reading Daily Prophet.

"Good Morning. Are you feeling better, Son?" James asked when Harry sat down at the table.

"I'm feeling a lot better. The cramps are gone, but some movement makes my stomach feel sore," Harry replied.

Lily placed a vial in front of him, kissing his head. "That should take care of the soreness. Take it easy on what you eat today. Your stomach is still recovering from the bug you had."

"Okay." Harry dug into the porridge Lily placed in front of him. Tearing off the crust, Harry asked, "What are we doing today?"

"Well, you are going to rest on the couch while I'm going to start baking cookies and other treats for tomorrow."

"I'm heading to work for a half day," James replied.

"So, you'll have me and Remus to keep you company, Pup," Sirius explained, taking a drink of his coffee.

For the rest of the day, Remus, Sirius, and Harry lounged around on the couches in the family room, playing Exploding Snap, Snakes and Ladders, Wizard's Chess, and watching movies.

The next day would be Christmas Eve, then it would be Christmas Day.

For Harry, he was looking forward to it. Harry knew this would be the best Christmas and he glad he wasn't sick for Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
244K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
310K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc