The Peasant Doctor

By Specgalz

MTLing Eleven did not expect that one second she was just bitten to death by a zombie, and the next second sh... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85 Complete

Chapter 69

618 17 0
By Specgalz

    After taking care of all the injured people and sending them away one by one, it was almost an hour and a half after such a big toss. Shíyī rubbed her eyes and rubbed her waist to relieve the fatigue caused by the continuous stitches.

    Yang Shifeng brought clean water, and held Shíyī hand to wash her hands, "Are you tired?"

    Shíyī shook her head, "Fortunately, those two people are seriously injured, and the needles are not easy to sew, or else they will not has been sewn up to now, and I thought it would be over in half an hour, but who knew it would be an hour and a half."

    Shíyī said here, suddenly remembered something, "Ah", "Oops. ,  forget Fatty! Little Fatty hasn't had milk for an hour and a half!"

    Yang Shifeng opened his eyes wide, thinking of Little Fatty, his heart skipped a beat, he picked up Shíyī and went outside.

    "Uuuuu-" Before entering the room, he heard the little fat man cry with a high decibel level. The cry was not to be mentioned as aggrieved. He was so nervous that he didn't care about anything else and ran in quickly.  as soon as they entered the door, he saw Grandpa Yang holding the little guy with a helpless face and eagerly coaxing, "Duanzi, don't cry, don't cry, mother is in trouble, it will be alright soon, come to feed Duanzi right away, okay?"

    Grandpa Yang's heart was almost crumpled with Duanzi. His great grandson loved to laugh as soon as he was born, and he had never seen him cry. Now, hearing him cry so sadly, Grandpa Yang's heart almost hurts. No way, if he hadn't known that Shíyī was treating  illness and couldn't be bothered, he would have called someone long ago.

    "Grandpa, give me Duanzi." Shíyī went up to take Duanzi, the little guy's chubby face was full of tears, and he was so pitiful that he seemed really wronged.

    Grandpa Yang said distressedly: "Why have you dealt with it for so long? Tuanzi hasn't had milk for a long time, he was already hungry, and at first he endured it, just kept looking out the door to find you, but now He's so hungry that he can only cry!"

    Shíyī heart was also twitching, her little fat man has always been able to eat, and he has to breastfeed once every half an hour, and now it's been an hour and a half, the little guy must be too hungry., otherwise he would not cry.

    Shíyī kissed the little guy's fat cheek and coaxed softly, "I'm sorry, Mommy,  late, don't cry, don't cry, Mommy will feed you milk right away.

    " When the mother finally came, the little fat man gradually stopped crying, and only sobbed and sobbed, his small mouth opened wide, and eagerly rubbed against Shíyī chest.

    he want to drink milk so much.

    Shíyī hurriedly took the little fat man into the room to breastfeed.

    "Slow down,  Duanzi , eat slowly, don't choke. In the future, your parents will feed you on time, and you won't be hungry again." Yang Shifeng saw his son eagerly swallowing milk. , The two of them had just been busy and really forgot about Duanzi

    How could such a young child be hungry for so long? This was the first time he saw a laughing Duanzi cry so sadly.

    The little Duanzi ignored his father and pumped milk with his small fists in his hands. He drank all the milk on both sides of Shíyī in a while, but his stomach was not full, so he sucked harder and harder. He couldn't breathe at all, and finally realized that his ration was gone, he was stunned, "Wow—" and cried again, but this time it wasn't a real cry, it was a fake cry, a dry howl.

    Shíyī is very desperate, "No, not a drop, he is not full!" But her milk is really not small.

    "It's okay, I'll coax him." Yang Shifeng touched her face to comfort , and quickly took Duanzi from her arms and patted it, "Okay, okay, darling, don't cry, mother will feed you later. You, can you play with Daddy for a while?" Saying that, Yang Shifeng lifted Duanzi high and teased him.

    Seeing that he was crying and still had no rations, Duanzi had to accept this reality, stopped howling, and found that it was fun to lift high, so he threw himself into the game of holding high, and laughed "giggling".

    Seeing him smile, Shíyī breathed a sigh of relief for the time being, but she knew it wouldn't work. Duanzi  were so big that they could feed it. If he grew up, he probably wouldn't have enough milk. Is he hungry? This can't be done. How can he grow his body if he can't eat enough at such a young age?

    No, I have to think of a way.

    Shíyī took a paper and a pen and tried to write some medicinal herbs on the paper that were helpful for breastfeeding, and finally cut and deleted to form an effective formula.

    Yang Shifeng asked, "What's this for?"

    "medicine for breastfeeding. Drinking it should make more milk. My current amount is not enough for Duanzi, so I can't go on like this."

    "That won't affect the body, right? You can't eat medicine indiscriminately."

    "Don't worry, the prescription I prescribed is not harmful to the body, but after drinking it, the appetite is expected to increase greatly."

    Yang Shifeng breathed a sigh of relief, "The increase in appetite is a good thing, it is best You are too thin now." After giving birth the baby, Shíyī was lighter than the original weight, which made Yang Shifeng very worried, and hoped that she would gain weight.

    Shíyī doesn't know if the food can be used on herself. After all, the dumplings are too edible, and the demand for milk is really large.

    After playing with Yang Shifeng for a while, Duanzi would slowly fall asleep after being raised high, obediently nestling in Yang Shifeng's arms and sleeping sweetly.

    At this time, Shíyī had the intention to go out with Yang Shifeng and ask what happened in the morning.

    Grandpa Yang knew about this and sighed heavily, "It's not because of the government's troubles."

    Yang Shifeng remembered the notice issued by the government during this time, and asked, "Is it because of the conscription?

    " That's right."

    Shíyī was a little confused, "Grandpa, what are you talking about about conscription? Why don't I know."

    Grandpa Yang waved his hand and sighed again, "It's the imperial court that wants to recruit soldiers. It seems that we fought hard in the northwest frontier, so we suddenly want to recruit soldiers, and each family must contribute at least one strong laborer. It just spread to the village in the past two days. Yes, there was a lot of commotion all of a sudden, but it has nothing to do with our family, you just gave birth, we didn't tell you."

    "Alas, the last conscription was six years ago, I didn't expect this time to be so sudden, really It 's going to die."

    Shíyī frowned slightly, "Then why are so many people fighting? What does it have to do with this?"

    Grandpa Yang explained: "It's not about money! A strong laborer, or you will have to pay 8 taels of head money. Who can easily take out the 8 taels of silver? Those who have a lot of strong labor in the family, who are they going to send? These are contradictions.  People came here in the morning. Those, at the beginning, it was because of the commotion inside the family. None of the three sons wanted to go. If they went, they would die, so they all started quarreling, and then the brothers started fighting."

    "Later, it was because they wanted to get silver together . They went to borrow money from others, but because they couldn't get the money, the two family also fought, in short, it was a mess, it was all about money!"

    It was indeed a mess, but the main reason was the lack of money caused by the imperial conscription. In this era, once you are recruited, you basically can't come back. If you go, you will die. If there is a way, no one wants to die. When it comes to eight taels of silver, some people still don't know if they have savings of eight taels of silver in total. Now they have to take out eight taels all at once, but they are all messed up.

    Grandpa Yang patted his thigh, "It really doesn't make people feel at ease, it come here every few years, and people finally save some money and it's gone. A village like ours can't recover in two years. There is no way."

    Yang Shifeng and Shíyī looked at each other and didn't speak. Their family has the money to pay the money, Yang Shifeng doesn’t have to go, but not everyone can afford the money. By then, there will be no people, or they will become clansmen, either of which makes it difficult to live.

    Grandpa Yang obviously thought of this, and was extremely fortunate, "Fortunately, our family still has enough money. From the eight taels of silver, Shi Feng doesn't have to go, otherwise without Shi Feng, our family will be in trouble. That's it. I don't know if the rest of the village will be peaceful in the future."

    Shíyī felt inexplicably that the village might not be so peaceful in the future, including their family.

    ........

    Shíyī tried the recipe she prescribed, but she didn't expect it to work. After only two meals, the amount of milk was obviously more, but the side effect was that she herself became the king of big stomachs. She used to eat at most two bowls of rice at a time, but now she can eat four bowls of rice at a time, so the family stared straight at her, for fear that her stomach would burst.

    Shíyī bitterly took a bite on the little fat man's fleshy face, wanting to bite into a lump of meat, "Fat fat, it's all because of you,  mother has become a big eater like you, how can this be? Come . ~"

    "Wow--" The little fat man was drinking milk with relish, how could he be disturbed, he roared fiercely at Shíyī, and then he drank the milk intoxicated.

    Shíyī confessed, "Okay, okay, you are amazing, I won't bother you, okay, just drink it."

    Yang Shifeng was once again amused by this girl.

    Duanzi drank all the milk, and this time she finally fed the big-appetite little fat man, and the full-fed little fat man began to scream contentedly, waving his little arms around, as if he was full of energy. It's not over, and the strength is too great, and the hand strength is so great that she doesn't know why, if she doesn't pay attention to it, her face will hurt for a long time.

    Shíyī was beaten several times by the little fat man, and she was so angry that she carried him out and tossed him to his father, "Here for you, take your son away, it's too annoying.

    " Wow..."

    "It's useless to call, you're just too annoying, go with your father."

    "Oh-ah-" The little fat man didn't want to talk to his mother, and instead put his arms around his father's neck and rubbed against his father's neck give A lot of saliva.

    Yang Shifeng laughed even more happily, and was about to take the little fat man to play again, when the door of the room was knocked, Grandpa Yang said from outside: "Shíyī, Shi Feng, come out, your second uncle has something to look for."

    Shíyī and Yang Shifeng glanced at each other, with unclear meaning, and went out with the little fat man.

    Uncle Yang first looked at them and smiled, then turned his eyes to the little fat man and clapped his palms, "Do you still remember the second grandpa?"

    Tuanzi said "oh oh" twice, not sure if he was answering.

    Grandpa Yang took the little Duanzi from Yang Shifeng's hand, then sat on the chair and said with no expression: "Tell your nephew about this, I don't care."

    Second Uncle Yang pursed his lips, his expression a little embarrassed, After a while, he said, "Shifeng, second uncle is here to ask you for help this time, it is about conscription."

    Yang Shifeng nodded, "Second uncle, what do you want me to do for you?"

    "Shi Feng, you know that too, our family also has to send a soldier, but my family is only suitable for your elder brother besides me. If I leave, the rest of the orphans, widows, mothers and the whole family will not be able to live, but your elder brother, as you know, Since he was a child, he couldn’t lift his shoulders and hands, so if he went to war, he would be sent to death, so my family could only spend money to buy heads.”

    Yang Shifeng glanced at Shíyī, and knew in his heart what the second uncle was here for.

    Shíyī didn't say anything, just lowered her head and played with the little fat man.

    Uncle Yang rubbed his hands in embarrassment, "Shi Feng, the second uncle's house has been enough for so many years, and all the savings are not available for eight taels of silver, so... So the second uncle wants to borrow some money from you, But don’t worry, I will pay you back when I get through this difficult time, and I will write you an IOU, and it will definitely not be a problem.”

    Seeing that Yang Shifeng didn’t speak, Second Uncle Yang hurriedly added: “Are you afraid of your second aunt Repayment? Don’t worry about this, your second aunt dares not, she does not dare to offend Shíyī now, the money will definitely be paid back. Shi Feng, second uncle can’t borrow money except you, please help second uncle.”

    Yang Shifeng It's not that he was afraid that the second uncle's family would default on his debts, but...he looked at Shíyī again.

    Shíyī blinked and pinched the fat feet of the little fat man.

    Yang Shifeng understood and nodded to Uncle Yang, "Second uncle, wait for me." Then he went into the room and took out eight taels of silver and handed it to Uncle Yang, but there was also an IOU with him, "Second uncle, my brother clearly settles the account, You don't mind."

    "I don't mind, it should be." Uncle Yang nodded gratefully and pressed a handprint on the IOU, "Shi Feng, Uncle Second, thank you, thank you for not worrying about the things before, Uncle Yang and willing to help us, This Second Uncle  must pay you back as soon as possible."

    Yang Shifeng looked at Uncle Yang's older face and half-white hair, not knowing what to say.

    After Uncle Yang left, Grandpa Yang handed the active little Duanzi to Yang Shifeng, and said with emotion: "Your Uncle is really pitiful and hateful, the whole family relies on him alone, and none of the sons are useful. In this way, he can’t live a good life even if he's exhausted, sigh….”

    Yang Shifeng pursed his lips and said while rubbing the little fat man’s bulging belly, “What I’m more worried about now is that there will be more in the future. Some people come to our house to borrow money, after all, our family in the village is doing better now, and no one will believe it if we don’t have money, but if they all come to borrow money, we can’t just borrow one of them.”

    Grandpa Yang also thought of the seriousness of this matter, "Then no matter which one comes back, let's not borrow it, otherwise it's not good to borrow this or not, and if the money is borrowed, I don't know if it can be recovered in the Year of the Monkey. Everyone can only live a poor life, how can there be so much money to pay back."

    "But the problem is, if they all refuse, the villagers will definitely be dissatisfied, and what they say behind the scenes will also affect the shop's business. They know that our family is rich."

    "This..."

    Shíyī said aside: "Then we need interest, calculated according to time, the interest money of one and a half taels of silver a year, whether to borrow it or not. "

    Grandpa Yang clapped his hands," I think this method is good. If there is interest, many people will consider whether to borrow or not, so that people in the whole village will not come to our house to borrow. Borrow, it means that you really care about your family and you really don’t have money, so let’s do good deeds, and let’s accumulate good fortune for our family Duanzi.”

The   little fat man rolled his eyes when he heard his name, “Ah. Ah" yelled.

    Shíyī hurriedly squeezed his little fat, "Okay, okay, I'm just calling you, don't get excited."

    "Wow--"

      Yang Shifeng said: "Let's put it that way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 37.9K 19
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
313K 10.5K 35
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
239K 17K 18
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
240K 13.4K 35
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...