The Peasant Doctor

By Specgalz

MTLing Eleven did not expect that one second she was just bitten to death by a zombie, and the next second sh... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85 Complete

Chapter 59

679 20 0
By Specgalz

    The Yang family has no relatives. Grandpa Yang and Yang Shifeng’s only relative now is the second uncle Yang next door, but they don’t communicate much now, so the whole family spends the whole New Year at home, but eating, drinking and chatting every day is more enjoyable than before. to be happy for so many years.

    Grandpa Yang was very happy when he knew that Shíyī was going to build a school. He bluntly said that Shíyī was for the benefit of the people. He took the initiative to ask for help with the desks and chairs in the school. Grandpa Yang spent the whole year working hard on tables and chairs. And Xiaoshi is Grandpa Yang's elementary school apprentice. He is busy behind him, handing wood at one time, and glass of water at other times, like a hard-working little bee.

    As for Yang Shifeng, he thinks about making something delicious every day to make Shíyī eat. Every time he tries a dish, if Shíyī can eat a little, then he will be happy all day, and if Shíyī can't eat it, he will cook it again immediately. Studying other dishes, Shíyī saw him like this, and was willing to cooperate with him, so she kept trying it during the whole Chinese New Year. Although she still didn’t have much appetite, she didn’t lose weight anymore, and her body improved a lot.

    The family was so busy spending the New Year, and the first month came out, and the school building that was originally planned by Shíyī was also put on the agenda.

    The first thing to do at Gai Xuetang is to need manpower. Don't worry about that. There are not many things in the village, but there are many people. Yang Shifeng immediately went to the village chief to talk about it.

    The village chief's hair was mostly white, and his face was wrinkled. He was so old that he didn't have the spirit he had before. However, after listening to what Yang Shifeng said, his cloudy eyes lit up immediately, and he couldn't help it. Asked: "Are you kidding me? Is this true?"

    Yang Shifeng nodded earnestly, "Don't worry about the village, this is of course true, Shíyī wants to use her own money to build a school, and in the future we people from ten miles and eight villages. They can send their children to school, and the tuition fee is very low, and even if they have no money, they can pay for it with food.”

    How could the village chief think that in their poor mountain nest, there would be a good school for the children to study at? The depressed face also burst into excitement, and he kept saying: "Okay, okay, it's really great."

    Yang Shifeng shook the big, withered hand of the village chief, and said, "Village chief, the year is over now, Shíyī means to start building the school now, I think about this and tell the villagers, and ask everyone to help. , anyway, it's just the New Year's day and everyone doesn't have much farm work."

    The village chief nodded again and again, "This is for sure, building a school is a major event, and it is a great thing for each of us. In the future, children in every household can read and write, and everyone has to thank Shíyī for knowing this., now that Doctor Qian Shiyi is out, let the villagers come out if you have the strength, everyone should contribute to this matter. There are many strong laborers in the village, everyone is busy together, and it will be finished soon. "

    The village chief immediately beat gongs and drums to hold a village meeting. The whole village gathered on the ground in the east of the village and told everyone about it at the meeting. Needless to say, it caused a sensation among everyone. Chatted and discussed.

    "Really? We can also have a school here? Isn't it only in the town?"

    "Wouldn't that mean that there will also be a very learned master to come to our village to teach children? Our village will also have literate people in the future?"

    "Does that mean that all our children can go to school? After that, wouldn't they also become learned people?"

After  the discussion, someone mentioned the matter of cultivating, "But schooling is very expensive, we peasant family How can you afford it, what's the use of building a school like this."

    Yang Shifeng also heard that some people in the crowd were worried about Shu Xiugui's problem, and stood up and explained to everyone: "My fellow villagers, the reason why we built this school is because our children here can also  read, and they will not be illiterate. They will have to bend over to serve the crops all day in the future. The children have studied for two years, and even if they cannot study college, they can at least write their names and settle accounts. They will not be deceived by others when they go out in the future. We hope that children can come to study, but we also know that everyone can’t afford so much money to study for their children, so you can rest assured that our school will not charge such expensive bundles. , how much money is charged in the town, we only charge 30% of the money here, and if there is really no money, we can pay for it with food."

    When the villagers heard him say this, not to mention the surprise, 30% of the tuition fee! How cheap is this! Even if the peasant family has no money, 30% of the money can still be paid, not to mention that it can be paid for with food. Such a good thing must not be missed by children. Even if they only study for a year or two, it is fine. At least you don't have to be blind, as Yang Shifeng said, you won't be deceived when you go out in the future.

    At the moment, everyone is excited, especially those with children at home, who are already thinking about sending their children to study for two years.

    Seeing that everyone was so excited, the smile on his face deepened, the village chief raised his hand and pressed down to make everyone quiet, and then he said the next point, " Doctor Shíyī who built the school has already paid for us, We are waiting for the start of work now. But building the school requires labor. I think it is a good thing for the benefit of the whole village. Everyone should do their part, so if you have the strength, you can help build the school if you have nothing to do at home. The house can be considered as contributing to the school, do you think it will work?"

    "Okay!" As soon as the village chief's voice fell, there was a warm response from below, and many men took the initiative to stand up and say they would definitely help When building a house, 100 women agree to go with their men. Building a school is a great event. Being able to build a school with your own hands is a glorious thing in itself, not to mention it is a very beneficial thing for every family. .

    In this way, more than half of the strong laborers in the village came forward and said that they would participate in building the school.

    Now that there are people, the school can be built immediately. Yang Shifeng took a few strong workers from the village to the town to buy blue bricks and tiles for building the school.

    In fact, the houses in the village are generally made of adobe, and the outside is plastered with mud, and the roof is made of straw, but Shíyī thinks that the adobe houses are not good-looking and unsafe, so the houses for children should be sturdy. Okay, and the school is not too shabby, so she decided to build a brick house, anyway, she had enough money in her hand.

    After the blue bricks and tiles are bought, the house can be grounded immediately. The villagers build their own houses, and there are many skilled people who specialize in building houses for others, so there is no need to worry about the work. She told the people who built the house about the school drawings she designed, and they quickly understood and started working.

    The labor force of a hundred or so strong men is not small. Although there are no machines in this era and everything is done by hand, the speed is still very fast. The foundation only took two days to dig, and after another two days, the wall has already risen. .

    Shíyī would go to the construction site every afternoon. It was considered a walk. After all, she couldn’t stop exercising when she was pregnant. This is not good for her health.

    After half a month, seeing that the prototype of the school was about to come out, Shíyī began to think about inviting a master to the school.

    As a result, there is not a single literate person in the eight villages of ten miles and eight villages, not even a scholar. Shíyī originally thought that she could find a scholar to teach the children, but she really couldn't find one. Then she will go to the town to find it, but if people teach well in the town, how can they want to return to the mountain to teach, after all, it is so closed and poor here.

    Shíyī couldn't help confirming: "Is there really a scholar here?"

    Yang Shifeng shook his head, he didn't remember there was a scholar, if there was a scholar, it would definitely be a sensational event for them, it is impossible not to knew.

    However, Grandpa Yang knew it and said to Shíyī, "It's not like we haven't had a scholar here. There was a scholar many years ago. At that time, Shi Feng was young and didn't know it. That person was from the Motu Village next door. At that time, he was admitted to the  Xiucai exam,  he shocked the people in the ten miles and eight villages, and everyone knew him."

    Shíyī asked: "What about him now?"

" He didn't come back, and then his family gradually passed away, and I haven't seen him return to the village until now."

    Shíyī was disappointed when Grandpa Yang continued, "But I heard from the villagers who went to work in the town and  seem to have seen that person teach in the town school, so he probably didn’t pass the test.”

In this era, the scientific examination is still very difficult, many people stop at being a scholar, and some people are still a scholar even if they are in the 70s and 80s, but they are not admitted. That is normal.

    Shíyī felt some hope again. If this person really did not pass the test, it would be very suitable to invite him. After all, this person is from the mountains. If you invite him to come back to teach in the mountains, the hope is still relatively high. She'd like to invite him than other people.

    Shíyī said to Yang Shifeng: "Yang Shifeng, go to the town to inquire about this person and see how he is doing now. If he is not doing well, we can still lure and lure."

    Yang Shifeng understood what Shíyī meant, The next day before dawn,he went to the town to inquire. He didn't come back until late at night, and when he came back, he told Shíyī, "That man's surname is Qiao, and he is indeed a teacher in an elementary school in the town. He doesn’t have a house of his own, and it seems that he live in the house allocated to the master at the back of the academy, and it seems that he is not living so well.” According to Yang Shifeng, the life of this master who has left the village can only be said to be barely adequate.

    Shíyī had a little understanding in her heart, and asked again: "Then have you inquired about this person's knowledge and character? If his character is not good, ee can't ask for him."

    "Inquired, I pretended to have  a child at home, and we plan to send him to the school this year, so I inquired with a pair of parents who came to pick up the child from the school, and asked how the master was. The couple said that Master Qiao was very good, patient and responsible. The children are also very good, and that child likes Master Qiao very much. Later, I asked a few more children and they all said that Master Qiao is not bad, the only downside is that he is strict, and some students are more afraid of him."

    "Be strict. Well, then it's okay to say that this person is a teacher. More importantly, he is not so wealthy. If we offer better conditions than he is in the town, he should consider it, after all, this is  Where he grew up, people always have special feelings for their hometown."

    Yang Shifeng nodded, "I think we can talk about it. If he don't agree at that time, let's find another master."

    Shíyī said: "Don't worry, let's wait for the school to be built before going. Maybe he will be moved when he sees the school's appearance."

    Yang Shifeng remembered the school he was building now. Even if it wasn't for the master, he was very enthusiastic. Such a beautiful school was prettier than the school in town. If he hadn't grown up, he would have wanted to go in and experience it as a student. If he were a master , would definitely be willing to teach in such a school.

    ............

    On the school side, the villagers are all volunteers to work, and there is no benefit. After finishing the work, they go back to their own homes to eat and rest, and then come back. Within two days, many people felt that there was no benefit, so they didn't work very hard, just pretending, and many people passed the initial excitement period, and gradually they didn't want to work for nothing, feeling a little stupid, so they Not coming, after more than half a month, almost half of the people left.

    Shíyī is all in her eyes, and she knows the rest of the people. She can't really let these people who come every day go to the school in vain. She doesn't exploit people so much, but she doesn't want just because After she gave benefits, she attracted people who were unwilling to come to work, so she told the villagers that there was no need for so many people to work. Never again.

    Many people feel that it is a bit silly to work for nothing every day, so they go back and can't come back. There are about twenty people who insist on coming every day.

    Shíyī asked Yang Shifeng to write down the names of the 20 people who worked regularly. Then, she turned around and gave Grandma Wang some money, and asked her family to help with cooking at noon and night every day for Workers eat, including two meals, lunch and dinner. In addition to vegetables, each meal can also take three large white steamed buns.

    One meat and two vegetarian dishes is already very rare, and a meal of three white steamed buns is six white steamed buns a day. This is the same as the New Year's life in the village. Some people have not eaten white steamed buns during the New Year. It can be seen how much the food is Well, this shocked the villagers directly, and also made the people who stayed to work so happy that a pie fell from the sky. They originally came to work for nothing, but now they can eat such good food, and they can't finish it. You can take it home for your children and wife to eat. Would you be unhappy?

    As for those who didn't want to come after working for two days, their intestines were ruined at home. Some people ran back immediately and said they wanted to continue to help, but Shíyī said nothing.

    The remaining twenty or so people were originally willing to build a school, but now they have provided two such good meals, and their work is even more active and serious. There was no one who worked less and fished, which led to the construction of the house very fast, but it was completed in a month, only the walls were not painted and the floor tiles were not paved.

    At this time, Shíyī stomach has been three months, and the most dangerous period has finally passed. Although there is still danger in the future, it is finally less worrying.

    This child is basically saved.

    This news made Yang Shifeng relax. In the past month, Yang Shifeng was more nervous than Shíyī, for fear that something might happen on Shíyī, and he didn't dare to sleep deeply at night. Often, he woke up immediately when there was movement on Shíyī, and he had to  coaxed Shíyī to sleep  every day. , he was worried that Shíyī couldn't eat , Shíyī didn't continue to lose weight  this month, but Yang Shifeng lost a lot of weight. Now both of the couple have become skinny.

    And after three months, Shíyī belly also began to show her pregnancy. You can see a slight bulge on her stomach without wearing a belt. Because of her thinness, her belly looks a little bigger. Anyone can see Shíyī at a glance. This is pregnant.

    And when Lian Yue tried everything he could to finally know Shíyī whereabouts and came all the way, all he saw was Shíyī bulging belly.

    Lian Yue's whole person is like being poured by ice water from the beginning to the end, and his heart is cold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.5M 125K 60
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
651K 26.5K 65
A collection of short stories. Explore the world of Pakistani novellas✨ 1. Love Lessons by Professor ✓ 2. Bitter Sweet Love ✓ 3. Silent Tears ✓ 4. Th...
326K 38.7K 19
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...