More than just a friend || Ro...

By scarlett-kate

'I didn't know it then, but that moment changed almost everything for me. It was the start of a long journey... More

Introduction
Prologue- The man of my past
1- I know you
2- Answer when it rings
3- I don't know much about you
4- A proper date
5- Desperate for you
6- You can't deny
7- He was just like cigarettes
8- The boy in green
9- I wanna see you
10- It's just me and you
11- How it's gonna stay
12- I'll be your plus one
13- I like you too
14- since the second I saw you
15- this is it now
16- It's all just a dream
17- why did i agree ?
18- every unmatched piece of him
19- you always lead
20- this isn't my home
21- you'll always love them
22- you're my angel
23- the last time
24- As a free man
25- the last goodbyes
26- All too long ago
27- I should follow the path
28- He doesn't know
29- my first love
30- the man of my past
31- We'll see about that one
32- just trust me
33- of course i waited
34- never missed anyone more
35- don't try and charm me
36- this reminds me of old times
37- finding myself falling
38- watch another girl fall
39- every part of my future
41- you know we can
42- the person he loved
43- it took years to unlove you
44- the end of it all
45- life moved slow without him
46- I love you lynn
47- im no good at goodbyes
48- why have you stayed ?
49- not the man you think he was
50- the beginning of his end
51- don't doubt yourself for a minute
52- completley and utterly true
53- our entire lives together
54- my one and only
55- when they wanna be apart
56- how it's ending
57- gonna treat you right
58- is this even real ?
59- can't believe it
60- i told you
61- the end
62- final authors note

40- I love him sometimes

80 6 24
By scarlett-kate

2nd December 1980

"Happy birthday !" Julian screamed almost, waking me up abruptly from the sleep I could almost label as decent, him, Connie and Summer stood with their arms bursting out dramatically as I groaned beneath the covers.

"Get up... you've got presents to open miss."  Connie giggled as she grabbed the covers, tossing them off of my body before I sat up and tiredly rubbed my eyes, a smile too bright at my lips as the three of them stood at the end of my bed with beaming smiles. "You really should never of given me that key."

"Yeah and good morning to you too." I laughed a little as I got out of bed, only stretching for a brief moment before Julian's hand yanked me and pulled me out the room, Connie and Summer giggling as they followed closely behind.

"Cmon... you've got packages downstairs that got left on the doorstep. Don't worry- we fed the cat." Connie added, watching as Julian gave me a glance with a subtle smugness hidden in it, my confusion growing as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Firstly... we're poor compared to you. And secondly, we did try." Julian handed me a bag, one larger than I expected and heavier than I anticipated before Summer pushed me down onto the sofa.

I ripped apart the bundles of tissue paper to find of course a bottle of vodka, a smile instantly taking to my lips before I rummaged a little deeper to find a square, thin box, and another gift large and flat sat upright.

"Open the big one first." Summer pointed at the present, biting her bottom lip as I tore the wrapping paper to find a picture of the four of us, all seeming to be tipsy and undeniably all bubbling with joy in the moment the camera clicked.

"That felt like ages ago... aw thank you." I smiled up at the three of them as they nodded, the anticipation clearly too strong as they waited for me to open the second gift. I placed the framed image gently besides me before I opened the box, gasping instantly at the necklace inside.

"Where'd you even get this ?" I scoffed almost, the disbelief too strong for me to process what was in the box. The necklace was one the exact same as one I had owned years ago, which my mum gave to me when I left home, and I lost it without ever being able to find it again. "I've looked everywhere to find one like this... fucking hell."

"I know my shit." Summer laughed. "Connie said you loved it."

"I did. It was my favourite thing to wear." I jumped up and gave all three of them a hug so tight I'm sure I almost squeezed them all to death as we all laughed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Julian smiled. "But I wanna know who's sent you these flowers."

I glanced behind me at the table sat closest to the door, noticing a bright yellow bunch of flowers springing with life. I walked over to them, glancing at the note to see it scribbled with Mel's handwriting. I smiled at the bunch of flowers, mentally noting down in my mind to give her a call before glancing at the bunch sat proudly besides them.

It was a dozen red roses, all springing with elegance as they stood tall, a small card attached to the ribbon holding them together. If I wasn't so tired, and still struggling to process the events of the morning, I would've been able to register who they were from a lot quicker, but it was the scrawled handwriting across the card's envelope that told me.

I opened it gently, being careful not to rip any edges, pulling out the card with a simple design on the front only to watch five rectangular slips of paper drop out onto the floor. I stood frozen for a moment, confused by the slips, looking at them and then at the three people stood with expressions just as curious.

I picked up the pile, turning the first slip over before gasping the loudest I think I'd ever gasped, which meant Summer, Julian and Connie all decided to take the opportunity to peer over my shoulder, only to find themselves in a shock just as loud.

The five slips had barely been slips of paper at all. In fact, they were five tickets to watch Queen play at Wembley arena on December tenth. And not only were they just tickets- they were tickets that allowed us backstage.

I laughed, mainly a laugh of pure and complete shock, opening the card as Julian snatched the tickets from my grasp before grabbing onto the two girls besides him- all three of them jumping up and down with joy as I read the scrawled hand writing.

Adelynn,

I'm still very gutted I couldn't be there today but I did make sure you still got a dozen red roses x

I expect to see you, Julian, Leo, Summer and Connie at Wembley- Freddie wants you there too.

I hope you have the best birthday ever and I promise I'll give you a call as soon as I can,

-Roger :)

"If you two never get married I'm gonna genuinely not know what to do with myself." Connie mumbled, reading the card in my hold as I let out a short sigh and let my lips beam to brightly upwards. "But were gonna seen Queen next week !"

"I fucking love him sometimes honestly I gotta ring him." I didn't quite realise what I'd said, wether it was because if the blush on my cheeks or smile too bright, my thoughts didnt once pause as my words tumbled out- but the other three in the room froze practically still. "Not like that..."

"Yeah sure." Julian laughed, nudging my side maybe a little too hard as my face shone a red miles too bright- all of us stood in a slightly awkward glance before the phone rang, which meant I instantly rushed to answer it.

"Hey birthday girl." Roger chuckled, a sighed relief escaping my lips as I let my fingers run through my still knotted hair. "Please tell me you've gotten your post."

"I have. And you've got five very grateful thank yous coming your way I'm sure of it." I giggled almost, peering over my shoulder to see the three others already discussing their outfits for the specific day. "No but seriously Roger... thank you."

"I've got another thing for you but I wanna give it to you when I see you. I've told security I want you bought back to the dressing room as soon as you get there." Roger replied, an undeniable smugness tangled perfectly into his tone as my fingers curled round the phone's cord. "You missing me ?"

"Maybe I am a little. Only because the cat's company can get awfully boring sometimes."

"Well I'm glad to know I'm better to be around than Toulouse... but in afraid I've gotta go before Freddie had my neck in a noose. Have a good birthday love and I'll see you soon alright ?" He mumbled almost, each word too rushed for me to appreciate it for what it was.

"Yeah ok... thanks Rog. Bye." I smiled as I pressed the phone against the receiver, stretching out only momentarily before I plodded over to the fridge in search for last nights leftovers to claim as my breakfast.

"Well I'm glad you and Romeo are getting on well..." Julian laughed a little, a nervous chuckle that paired with the joke he was on edge of telling. "Me and summer are gonna run up the shop and get breakfast, so please don't eat last nights dinner."

"Ugh fine. Can you grab some cat food for me as well please ?" I smiled, laughing as Toulouse brushed past Summer's leg. "And a packet of cigs. And a bottle of vodka."

"For fuck sake women."

-

"Adelynn... you're gonna wanna look at this doll." Julian swung the door open, his hands carrying not only serval bags of food but also a rolled up news paper him and Summer had returned from their trip to the store.

Me and Connie shared a confused glance with one another for only a second- but within that second we both realised soon enough that each of us was clueless to the what Julian was talking about. He shook his head, tossing the rolled paper at me before I hurriedly rolled it out and took a scared and nervous glance at the first page,

What happened to famed model Adelynn Petrov ?

Since today marks the twenty sixth birthday of the daughter of Hollywood star's Anna and James Petrov, Adelynn Petrov, we thought we'd dig a little deeper into the models private life.

Since the Russian actress Adelynn had to call mother passed away in 1978, the model has had no contact with her father- which wasn't shocking after pictures revealed the twenty six year old didn't attend her mother's funeral.

There has been few pictures of Miss. Petrov in the press these past few months, even though the ones we do have show she's finally fit into the beauty standard her career requires with the loss of a few pounds. The star had been snapped looking mostly distressed, and often ill or drunk, leaving us curious to wether this is the end of her world-famous life long career.

"Its fucking bullshit." I exclaimed, throwing the paper onto the floor before I turned to see Julian and Summer nodding with a sympathy too great as they unpacked the shopping. "It's my birthday and they publish and article like that ? Fantastic. I bet my dads loving that. Cunt."

"Hey don't let it get you down..." Connie smiled, her arm falling around my shoulder. "It's fine. It's gonna be fine. What's important is we know who you really are, well- the best people know who you really are, and we know you're an incredible person without a doubt."

"Exactly. Don't think about it, and don't let it ruin your day. What we all do need to think about is what we're gonna wear to go see fucking Queen next week !" Summer squealed almost, sliding me over the bottle of vodka they'd bought with a cheeky grin pulling at her lips.

"Ta." I mumbled, instantly flicking off the cap as Connie scooped up Toulouse and nodded in agreement with the Summer.

"Besides... I bought us the shit to make pancake- and we're gonna watch the aristocats too." Julian smiled brightly, the gleam in his smile forcing me to let out only a small giggle, one that showed only gently my appreciation for him.

"Thank you. Well, I owe a thanks to all of you really... shame Leo had to work I would've said thanks to him too. I need to ring him and Mel before I forget."

"Fuck ! I haven't told Leo about the tickets !"

An- I'm too tired to care about wether this is good or not 😭

thanks for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 2.5K 30
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝘼𝙪𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙮 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙍𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧. Started: 12/31/18 Finished: 4/10/19
110K 1.4K 21
bohemian rhapsody imagines ♔ (requests are closed!) © vibraniumsteve 2019
2.2K 212 72
Amanda Lins Bristley is a Brazilian girl. His mother is Brazilian and his British father. She lives with her mother in São Paulo / Brazil. His mother...
1.3M 39.4K 115
Rebecca Jackson's life is boring. She goes to work, comes home and that's pretty much it. Until she meets Mary Austin. She introduces her to the b...