When The Storm Hits

By officiallykendriaaa

Kaylani and Rodney have been besties since they were kids. They've been through a lot together and swore to b... More

characters.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.

SIX.

11 1 0
By officiallykendriaaa

Rodney Deshaun Jackson.

"Lani let's stop for breakfast." I said when she stopped at a red light, making her sigh and toss her head back.

"Shaun." She said stale facing me. "Why didn't you say something before? We could've left earlier, I don't like eating my breakfast in class. People I don't even talk to be tryna ask me for some." She said with an attitude evident in her voice.

"Okay, why can't we just eat the food there and what the hell that gotta do with me?" I asked looking at her confused. She stale faced me again and rolled her eyes, then turned back to pay attention to the road.

"You saying what the hell that gotta do with you like you don't need me to take you. I don't have to take you no where bitch." She said strugging her shoulders. "And we can't eat there because we're going to be late. You may not care but, I do. I don't need to hear that man mouth." She said referring to Mr.Adam.

"He ain't on shit." I said waving her off. "Let's just go please. We can just get Burger King, i want some French toast sticks." I cheesed.

author note: Burger King french toast sticks be bussinnnnnn.

"Alright, I'll just get a drink."

"You that scary? Just say no." I said looking at her like she stupid.

"I don't even want to deal with it, so I'll rather just get a drink." She said strugging her shoulders.

"Whatever you want." I said while she pulled into the drive through.

"mhm, what do you want?" She asked turning and looking at me.

"I know i just told this girl..." I mumbled. "French toast sticks lani." I said looking up from my phone to see her squinting her eyes at me.

"You over there mumbling and shit you won't have nothing. What else? No drink?" She asked waving her hands around.

"Yeah I want French toast and some fruit punch."

"Okay." She ordered and we pulled up to the window. "Your total will be $6.29." The worker said holding his hand out for the money. I tried to pull out my wallet but lani handed him her card and i stale faced her.

She turned to face me and gave me a stank face. "What? Why you looking at me like that?"

"You always doing that." I said raising my hands and dropping them back down into my lap. "Why you didn't let me pay? You only got a drink."

"It's fine shaun." She said waving me off. "I wasn't even thinking about it honestly."

"I guess" I said while she passed me the bag and the drinks. I put them in the cup holder and she drove off headed towards our school.

—————————————

"I really don't want to go to first period." lani groaned while throwing her head back. I hate how much that class bothers her and triggers her anxiety. I'll whoop Mr.Adam old white ass if he keep playing with my best.

"You can skip lani." I said looking over to her when i stopped at my locker. "I'll skip with you if you want. Ms.White doesn't mind if we're in her office." Ms.White a cool ass counselor, when i be feeling overwhelmed with school or life i go to her. Sometimes it feels good venting to someone who isn't so close to you.

"Nah, I don't want to skip. I have niyah, i don't want to leave her." she said waving me off and placing her books in her locker.

"Well stop complaining cause i'm about to stop caring." i said laughing.

"You don't have to care." she said tilting her head to the side and looking at me. "I can find me a new boy bestfriend that actually cares." she said putting her hand in my face and starting to walk away.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me. "Lani stop playing with me." i stale faced her. "I'll beat your ass and that weak ass 'new boy bestfriend'."

"my new bestie gone kill people so, good luck." she said shrugging her shoulders. I was about to reply to her til niyah walked up.

"Hi boo!" She said hugging lani. "Hey Rodney." She said to me smiling and waving. Niyah cool but, she been getting to close to my best friend. I might have to fight her. I'm so use to being lani's only friend it's kind of weird having to share her.

"Hiii. You're in a good mood." Lani said hugging her back.

"Wassup." I said giving her a head nod.

"Oh, I am. My mom said she'll get me a car next month if I keep my grades up." She said clapping.

"Okayyyyy, my girl finna be whipping." Lani said hyping her up. Not even that serious foreal.

"Man, my mom supposed to be getting me a car too. I need one before football practice start." I said sighing and rubbing my hands down my face.

"You know I have no problem getting you from practice. I told you that already."

"I know, I know. I feel like you do enough for me already. Plus I need my own car for sneaky links." I said smirking.

"Ew, I would hide you from everybody too." Niyah said giving me a disgusted look.

"Girl shut the hell up. Have you seen your big belly ass daddy?" I said looking at her like she crazy. "You know I'm sexy, the hell."

She had to be extra and acted like she was going to throw up. "I almost threw up my breakfast. Lani let's get to class before the late bell ring." She said pulling lani. "Oh, and don't talk about my daddy scrawny bitch."

"You just extra." I said waving her off. "And I'm not scrawny, just skinny. I got muscles." I said pulling up my shirt sleeve to show them off. I been going to the gym lately, and it's paying off. I cant be weak if i wanna play football.

"Chile anyways. Later, shaun I'll see you in class later." Lani said waving bye.

"Ight, bye." I said waving and walking away.

———————————

"One thing about them lunch ladies they make some good chicken wings." I said sitting down at the table in the cafeteria where lani and niyah were. I don't care if they not included in the free lunch, i would buy them everyday if i could.

"No foreal. Too bad they only have em like once a week." Lani said drinking her water. This girl always drinking water. I need flavor in my life. Don't get me wrong I drink water, but not as much as I'm supposed to.

"That's the only thing I don't like. It's the best thing they have for lunch besides the salad bar and the chicken tenders with the curly fries, and they only make it once a week. Twice if I'm lucky. I don't like that." I said with a twisted up face.

"Your fat ass, how you stay scrawny?" Niyah said causing her and lani to laugh.

"I'm sick of your long neck, big teeth, strong back ass coming for me." I said stale facing her. "I told you I'm not scrawny, you gone put some respect on my name."

Lani slapped my arm and gave me a look. "Stop being so mean." She said.

"Nah lani, he good." She said waving her off. "I just hurt chop sticks feelings. Awww." She cooed pinching my cheek and I slapped her hands away.

"Don't touch me no more, I don't like you." I said scooting away from her.

"Boy, I don't care. Crying about a joke." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm not crying, shut up ugly."

"Next subject, I don't want to hear you guys argue the whole period." Lani said holding her hand up. "Shaun you made any new friends?"

"I wouldn't call anybody my friend just yet but, i been getting cool with RJ. He's already on the football team so, that's cool. He invited me to a little kick back at his house this weekend, you down to go?" I asked hoping she would say yes. I'm not shy so I don't really have a problem going by myself but, I'd rather go with somebody I'm comfortable with. Who would be better to tag along than my bestfriend?

"I don't know shaun." She said giving me a questionable look. "You know I have anxiety around a bunch of people I don't know. Maybe if Niyah comes I'll feel better." She said looking over at niyah and smiling.

"See I'll never turn down a party invite, I'm down." She said shrugging her shoulders. "When is it?"

"Tomorrow at 9. I can text y'all the address when he sends it to me." I said.

"Why would now tell us about the party like we don't need outfits?" Niyah asked screwing up her face. "Black people make me so sick. Now i have to go to the mall after school." she said rolling her eyes.

"man, shut the hell up." I said stale facing her. "I just found out about the party earlier."

She started looking around and even looked under the table. "What you looking for?" lani asked her. I wanted to know too because she started looking for something out of no where.

"Oh nothing." she shrugged her shoulders. "Just who the fuck this nigga talking too." she said causing lani to buss out laughing, while niyah mugged me. I help you my hands in defense.

"My bad jit. You know i be playing." i said causing her to roll her eyes.

author note: Its jit, not jhitt or anything else. idc. i'll accept jitt tho.

"Anyways, I'll go since Niyah is going. I'm gone need a drink or something to deal with my anxiety tho." She said chuckling.

———————————————

School was over and i was now putting my books back in my locker. After I put my books away, i met Lani at the front of the school and started walking to her car. "whew, I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm tired and i want to sleep in." Lani said rubbing her temples. "Can you drive?" I nodded and she tossed me her keys.

We reached the car so, I opened the passenger door for Lani then went around the car and got in the driver seat. "You must be tired as hell if you letting me drive." i said chuckling and starting the car.

"I ammmmm!" she whined. "I stayed up late last night finishing Ms. Grams essay. I procrastinated as usual and waited til the day it was due to start it. Even though she gave us a whole week to do it." she said rolling her eyes.

"Well next time you're going to start early right?" I said looking over at her when i stopped at a red light.

"Hell nah." she said causing us both to buss out laughing. "I'm never gone learn my lesson."

"You a trip man." I said shaking my head. "You wanna play the game with me later, after you take your nap?"

"Yeah, but you gone have to call me cause if you don't i'll sleep til tomorrow." she said getting out of the car once we pulled up to my house. "I'll talk to you later, bye bestie." she said pulling me into a hug.

"Look at you being nice today." i said rubbing the top of her head, causing her to twist up her face and swat my hand away. I looked at my phone and seen that it was 3:16 p.m. "I'll call you around 6 or 7, that's good?"

"Don't be messing up my wig boy. and yeah, that's cool. If i wake up before that i'll call you first." she said getting in the drivers seat. "Get in the house so I can go."

"Stop talking to me like you my mama. My mother is inside the house." I said waving her off and she shot me a look. I started walking towards the front door, but because I wanted to.

"OH OK!" she shouted and closed her car door. I shook my head and went inside my house.

————————————-

Kaylani Aurora Hill.

I walked inside the house, put my keys on the key hook, and started to make my way up stairs til my mom called my name. "Lani can you come here real quick?" I heard her say from the kitchen.

"Yeah, im coming." I made my way into the kitchen and sat on one of the chairs at the island. "Hi mama." i cheesed.

"Hey pumpkin, how was school?" she asked giving me a plate with fruit on it.

"It was okay, nothing exciting happened. Shaun got invited to a party that's tomorrow and he wants me to come." I said picking up the pineapple and biting into it. "Can you pass me the salt, please?" She nodded and went into the cabinet to get me the salt. I grabbed it from her and sprinkled a little on my pineapple. It's so good. Ever since my auntie put me on, i don't like eating pineapples without it.

"Are you going to the party?" she asked.

"Yeah, Im going. Niyah said she'll go too so, it should be fun. I want to have more fun and loosen up." I said shrugging and popping a pineapple in my mouth.

"Well i'm proud of you." she said smiling. "You have such a bright personality and not many people get to see it. You're so closed off around most people. I think loosening up would be good for you." She said rubbing her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I think so too." i said sighing and eating some more off my plate.

"Well i'mma go upstairs and get ready." She said making me raise an eyebrow. She placed the rest of the fruit in the refrigerator and started walking towards the stairs. " Oh, I'm going to need help with my edges. You now I can't do them right for nothing." she said shaking her head and laughing.

"Wait ma. Where you going?" I asked making her turn back around to face me. I was confused on where she was going on a friday night.

"A date, I told you about it a few days ago lani." She said stale facing me. She don't have to do allat, I forgot about that weak ass date.

"Oh, mhm. You did tell me about it." I said playfully rolling my eyes. "That outfit better not be too short either." I said pointing at her and she waved me off.

"Girl, bye." She said walking off and going upstairs.

——————————————-

This really a filler chapter.

Next chapter it'll still be friday because Kaylani's mom has a date👀.

Then it'll transition to Saturday, what y'all think gonna happen at the party?

Thoughts? 💭

(VOTE PLEASE)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

984 667 17
A sad friends to lovers story about Dylan and Imani who have been best friends since they were kids. They both have secret feelings for each other, b...
447K 7.5K 41
Gabriella and Greyson It was always all about them from the beginning. Both in high-school, Grey is the most popular boy in school. Of course with...
1.3M 35.3K 42
"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisper, nervous yet at the same time my hear...
4.3K 224 28
Tay is in love with one of her ex bestfriend the only problem is that she is not dating her. Instead Tay is in a relationship with Calvin who makes t...