stolen away, zuko

By tatesbaee

| zuko {a:tla} 1 water & fire don't usually mix but maybe this time it does - in which the daughter of a wa... More

fire and water never mixes
but this time it does
o
oo
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
book two
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
outfits <3

16

1.3K 18 7
By tatesbaee

— saying goodbye.
water.

"this isn't who you were destined to be..."

what does that mean? how does she know my destiny?

zuko laid the girl behind the alter of the oasis. the boy knew she hadn't rested in days and thought leaving her there would give her time for her strength to come flying back.

she was now considered a dual bender. having two bending abilities.

senna finally had woken up after what felt like years. she limped out of the forest in confusion but turned that into fear when she spotted zhao and his soldiers in front of her with their backs turned to her.

her hatred and anger for the man took over and she closed her eyes, focusing her mind and thoughts on the sound of the soldiers hearts beating.

with the tilt of her head, the soldiers fell to the ground, bleeding from their eyes and mouths.

the admiral smirked, knowing it was senna immediately. he turned his head and glared at her, "if it isn't the peasant, the traitor. leaving us for these people! you're more of a coward then i thought you were." zhao snarled, holding the moon spirit in a bag with one hand.

senna knew it was the moon spirit because the sky was red and her bending had slipped away and she felt extremely weak.

"these people are my home. this place is my home! the fire nation was never my home!" the girl yelled, getting into a fighting position.

zhao laughed as the girl stared back at him, "dumb girl. you can't win against me. have you not noticed the moon is gone?" he held the bag up, shaking it.

she smirked, doing a quick flip in the air and sends a powerful fire blast toward zhao who ducks just in time. his eyes widened in shock but had to duck again when the girl sent another blast his way.

"you're a fire bender."

"senna look out!" jons voice is heard as he goes to waterbend but realizes he can't. "NO!" fire blasts out of zhaos fists, striking jons chest. he fell onto the ground, the life in his eyes vanishing.

"oh my god." senna collapses next to her dead friend, tears in her eyes as she holds his hand, "im so sorry."

the girl stands up, about to strike zhao but the gaang appears.

"don't bother." zhao speaks and rises the moon spirit in the air. all the teens eyes go wide.

"zhao don't!" aang yelled.

"it's my destiny to destroy the moon and the water tribe."

"destroying the moon won't destroy just the water tribe, it will hurt everyone, including you. without the moon, everything will fall out of balance. you have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash on the world!" aang tried to reason with the admiral.

"he is right, zhao." spoke a voice from the bridge. iroh.

"general iroh, why am i not surprised to discover your treachery? this girl is just like you in that way." zhao says, referring to senna.

"i am no traitor, zhao. the fire nation needs the moon too. we all depend on the balance. whatever you do to that spirit, i will unleash on you tenfold! let it go now!" senna had never ever seen iroh this angry before, it shocked her.

zhao bowed and kneeled down to let the spirit free. senna sighs in relief but suddenly chaos struck as zhao stricken the moon spirit with his bending, killing it.

"no!" she let out a shout, the sky turned dark as the moon disappeared from the sky.

her bending faded away completely.

iroh began to attack the fire benders and senna did the same. with all her anger built up, she unleashed her new ability toward the fire benders, slaying them.

once all the soldiers were down and zhao escaped, the teens all surrounded the pond as iroh held the dead spirit.

"there's no hope now...it's over." yue frowned in despair.

aangs eyes and tattoos glowed, "no it's not over." he said in a deep voice, channeling all the past avatars. aang falls into the pond and becomes one with the ocean spirit, turning into a giant spirit. when aang leaves, general iroh turned to yue in shock.

"you have been touched by the moon spirit, some of its life is in you."

yue nodded, "yes, you're right. it gave me life, maybe now i can give it back."

sokka stops yue, "no! you don't have to do that!"

"yes i do, it's my duty, sokka."

"i won't let you! your father told me to protect you!" he argued, he couldn't just let her die, not like this.

"yue, no. please..." senna begged, tears falling from her eyes. yue smiled softly at her cousin then closed her eyes, this was the hardest decision she's ever made.

"i have to do this." she says and walks to the spirit in irohs hands, placing her hands on the fish. the spirit glows as yue gives it life back and she falls into sokkas arms once all of her life is drained.

senna joined sokkas side as she cried, watching her cousin die. her best friend. she wishes she hadn't hated on yue this past few days. she now realizes how much she means to sokka.

yues body disappeared as she turned into the new moon spirit. she appears in the sky and places her hand on sokkas face.

"goodbye, sokka. i will always be with you." she says and kisses him. did he really just kiss a spirit?

yue turned to senna and smiled at her cousin, "take care of him for me and my father. i love you senna." yue vanished and senna fell into kataras arms, sobbing.

first her father, then jon and now her cousin, who's next?

once the moon had come back, aang sprinted up towards appas saddle, "he's gone!"

the teens except senna all look at the avatar with wide eyes. who's he?

katara sighed, "zuko won't get far."

iroh rests a hand on her shoulder, "please, don't hurt him. i will handle him." he looked up at senna who stares at the ground, a thousand thoughts going through her mind.

everyone around her dies.

[xxxxxxxxx]

senna sat on the ground of the oasis, staring at all the dead bodies surrounding her. their blood was on her hands. she couldn't believe she killed them but it felt good. they deserved it.

no no no! she closed her eyes, shaking out those horrifying thoughts. she can't become a monster. she can't be like them.

the sound of footsteps against the dead grass startled her and she turned to see the water tribe boy walking toward her. she smiled and ran into sokkas arms and he held her tight as she cried. he wrapped her arms around her waist, holding her tightly.

this was what they both needed. each other's comfort.

senna pulled away, but only enough for her to look into his eyes and still be in the boys embrace.

"i could of killed you." she cried, placing her hand on his face, "im sorry you had to see that."

sokka nodded and rested his hand on her cheek, rubbing it with his thumb, "don't be. you had it bottled up for so long, you needed to let go."

"i killed them." she said, her bottom lip shaking as she glanced at the dead bloody bodies, "im a monster just like zhao. just like all those fire benders."

sokka shook his head, "you aren't a monster, sanny."

he never did realize how broken the princess was until this moment. he didn't like to see her like this. he liked to see her happy and smiling.

"you're a badass. that's who you are. you're my badass. not some pawn who was chosen to hunt down the avatar. you're the only person in the world who can water and fire bend and you're not even the avatar."

"wait." she frowned, looking down at her hands, "im a fire bender, sokka. the ones who killed your mother."

"stop saying that. you're so powerful and full of light. people out there wish they were you, i wish i was you! it drives me crazy that you don't understand how important you are! you're important to me!"

"sokka-"

"let me finish!" the boy said, interrupting the girl and placing a hand over the girls mouth, "i know things have been crazy lately and that i didn't tell you the truth about yue but i promise you i'll make it up to you. i love you, senna. i have loved you since the moment i laid eyes on you. i didn't realize it until after the attack on the wall. i thought i lost you and it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. when your mother found you, i was so relieved. i never wanted to leave your side. all i want to do is protect you because i can't stand the thought of loosing you...."

"sokka-" the girl muffled, trying to speak again.

"please let me finish!" he groaned in frustration but that vanished when he felt the girls lips on his. senna pulled away with a smile, "i love you too, sokka. you're my person and i can't live in this world without you."

sokka grinned at the girl who was slightly shorter then him, "so does that mean you forgive me and will give me another chance?" he raised an eyebrow.

the girl rolled her eyes and laughed, "of course, boomerang boy."

the water tribe boy smiled and lifted the princess up, spinning her around, making her laugh. there was that laugh he loved. he set the girl down and cupped her face with his hands.

"be my girlfriend?" he asked, smiling.

senna nodded, "it'd be an honor."

"promise me this is forever."

"i promise."

[xxxxxxxx]

as team avatar packed up their things into appas saddle, senna and sokka shared a long kiss making the two other friends groan.

"please stopppp." katara groaned, crawling up into sokkas saddle.

the couple rolled their eyes and were about to kiss again but were interrupted by shouting.

"senna, wait!" the voices yelled. it was her uncle and mother. senna turned toward her remaining family members.

"im going to miss you both so much." senna said with tears in her eyes as she hugged them. it felt like she was being taken away all over again.

"we'll miss you too, more than you know. come and visit soon." her mother and uncle pulled away and senna watched her uncle reach into his coat and pulls out a necklace, "here, we want you to have this."

senna holds onto the necklace, tightly, "was this yues?" she asked.

"no, it belonged to your father." her mother smiled.

sokka helped the girl put on the necklace. it was now the last piece she had of her father, "thank you mom and thank you uncle."

she hugged them one last time, "till we meet again."

the waves from her fellow tribe soon faded. now it was just the sky and clouds. so much has happened in such little time.

with a blink of an eye, your life could change.

in a matter of seconds, everything around you, changes.

but the only thing that didn't change was the way she felt for the boy who sits next to her.

he's finally mine.

!END OF BOOK ONE: WATER!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 19.9K 30
Cover art by Viccolatte on DeviantArt Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when th...
146 14 3
Four elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Air. An Avatar. The master of all elements. Only one each lifetime. But what if there were two? Aang spent 100 ye...
15.7K 648 20
ᡃ αΆ»α΅˜α΅α΅’ Λ£ Κ³α΅‰α΅ƒα΅ˆα΅‰Κ³ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩π₯𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "π™ΊπšŽπšŽπš™ πš’πš 𝚊 πšœπšŽπšŒπš›πšŽπš..πš™πš•πšŽπšŠπšœπšŽ?" 𝙸 πš•πš˜πš˜πš”πšŽπš 𝚊𝚝 π™Έπš›πš˜πš‘ πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽπš. βžͺ A story about a y...
20.1K 868 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...