CODENAME: A.D.A

By Philipa__

16 year old Ada seems like your average Nigerian teenager. She goes to high school, gets good grades and gets... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Author's note

Chapter 37

696 12 2
By Philipa__

Growing up, I always imagined going to a club a lot more differently than it actually was in real life. I watched a lot of movies so trust me when I say that I had a distinct imagination. Let me tell you how I thought it would be like.

- I enter the club, looking all sexy and glammed up.

- When I get in, I flip my hair dramatically. My head is swollen with pride when I find out that I'm the most beautiful woman in the club.

- In a corner, I see my crush talking to a girl. However, when we make eye contact, he's unable to take his eyes off me. The girl traces his eyes to me then glares in my direction.

- I walk away confidently to go sit with my friends. After a while, I decide to go get a drink. On my way there, I mistakenly bump into the girl I saw my crush talking to.

- "Watch it" she says rudely. "Oh, I'll give you something to watch" I reply. We settle the argument with a dance battle; me and my friends vs her and her friends.

- When we start, everyone in the club forms a circle around us to watch, including my crush.

- Obviously, my group wins with me in the lead. Everyone cheers for us then my crush comes up to talk to me.

- THE END

Inspired mainly by; The chippettes from 'Alvin and the chipmunks.

Hey! Don't judge me. I imagined all these things when I was like twelve years old.

Presently, sitting down here as a seventeen-year-old, it was a whole different experience. There was no competition. There was no one trying to show off. Most importantly, there were no dance battles. What a shame.

Everyone was busy having a good time. It was impossible not to vibe in the club. The lights were red and blue in colour. On the dancefloor, sweaty and drunk people were pressed tightly together, dancing as if no one was watching even though the place was fully packed.

In some corners, I could see people passionately making out. In other places, I could see girls giving lap dances to guys. In summary, everyone was having a good time.

Luckily, Victoria knew someone on the inside so getting in was not a problem at all for us. We all stayed in a booth in the VIP section. You could practically see everything from up here.

I rolled my eyes when I noticed Mike and Chen kissing. If only she knew the truth about what was really going on between him and Victoria.

Justin and Victoria went to get us drinks. Choi was at the edge of the seat, solo as usual, smoking a blunt.

"You look sexy as hell" Yinka whispered from beside me.

Victoria dressed me up in a short tight black dress paired with red heels. She did my hair and makeup too. When I looked in the mirror, I couldn't even recognize myself. If my mom saw me, she would kill me...literally.

Speaking of my mother, I've been trying not to think about seeing her at home. I still don't know how to react to everything I know now. The fact that she kept such a huge secret from me for years changed everything. She also tried to keep me from finding out the truth about my dad. Things would never be the same.

"Thank you"

"I just wanna pin you against the wall and..."

"And what?" Justin's voice interrupted him.

Justin's expression looked furious. This will definitely not end well. He and Victoria dropped the drinks they brought on the table.

"You know" Justin started "I've been watching you"

"Oh yeah?" Yinka didn't look fazed or intimidated one bit "I'm just speaking my mind. It's a free world, ain't it?"

"Watch your mouth when you're talking to my girl"

Justin stepped closer to Yinka. Yinka stood up.

"And if I don't?"

I had no choice but to stand up to step in between them. I faced Justin. His chest was rising and falling fast as his breathing increased.

"Please stop" I cupped Justin's face in my hands "It's not worth it. He's just a natural flirt"

Justin's breathing slowed down at the sound of my voice. He nodded.

We all sat down after the whole thing was settled. I noticed that Justin's legs still shook out of anger.

"Well, that was intense" Victoria said, taking a sip of her drink.

I held Justin's hand in an attempt to calm him down. I let out a sigh of relief when it worked. He was getting calmer by the minute.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that" he spoke "I just can't bear the sight of another guy touching you"

"It's fine. You look hot when you're angry anyway"

He chuckled.

It was true. In some twisted way, seeing Justin all riled up because of me turned me on. It made me want him even more. I wish I could see this side of him more often.

"You look beautiful" he said to me.

"You've said that a thousand times tonight"

"I'll keep saying it because it's true"

The difference between Justin and Yinka is clear. Justin called me 'beautiful' while Yinka called me 'sexy'. Justin and I connected on an intellectual level. He cared about what was inside me. He turned me on intellectually before even reaching out to touch the other parts of my body. Yinka and I connected on a physical level, probably because I was curious about my sexuality. There was nothing deep about that.

"Oh my gosh" Victoria shrieked "That's 'Life of Maya'"

Across the room, Maya and I made eye contact. I didn't expect to see her here but I wasn't surprised. She was a public figure and her sister was a huge Nollywood actress. They come to places like this all the time.

"I did not expect to see her here" Justin said.

I shrugged.

"I'm not surprised anyway. I remember her telling Nnena that she'd be going the club soon"

"Wait...you guys know her?" Victoria asked us.

"Yeah" I answered "We go to the same school"

She gasped.

"That is so fucking cool. I wish I could get a picture"

My phone vibrated. When I checked it, it was a text from Maya.

Maya: What are you doing here?

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. What on earth does she mean by this?

Me: I could ask you the same thing

I looked at her. She was already looking at me.

My phone vibrated again.

Maya: Who are you?

Me: Excuse me?

Maya is typing

Maya: You act like you're so innocent but I'm sure you're not who you say you are

Me: Meaning?

Maya: Meaning I don't know yet but that's why I'm gonna find out.

Me: Good luck with that

I should be scared or worried by her words but I know she has nothing on me. She's probably just surprised that I know someone well connected enough to get me in here.

"I know we didn't come here to sit down" Victoria spoke up.

She pulled Mike and Chen away from each other. Apparently, they were kissing...again.

"Let's dance!"

When we hit the dancefloor, it took a while for the drinks to really kick in. I'm not a good dancer but here, it didn't matter. No one was judging anyone. We were all just here to have a good time.

I threw out my arms, waving them from side to side according to the beat. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. When the highness kicked in, it seemed as if everything was going in slow motion...in a good way. The room started to spin. We moved effortlessly to the music. No, the music was the one that moved us. We were just its puppets on strings. About fifteen minutes later, my body was filled with sweat and I'm sure most of it wasn't even mine.

Sometimes, I would grind against Justin. His hands would draw my hips closer to him as we would both sway to the beat. I'm sure as hell that we are going to have terrible hangovers tomorrow. Anyway, I didn't care.

Yinka weaved through the ladies on the dancefloor like a pro. They all seemed to love him. He was the real Casanova. The real demon. He did it so smoothly that it was almost impossible not to fall for his charm.

The night was young and we had enough energy to dance for a long time. The alcohol sent shots of adrenaline through my body. I became one with the beat. I became one with the music. The music became one with me.

"Hey, look" Justin tapped me.

I turned to see what he was pointing at. Chen was shouting at Mike. After she was done, she pushed him then stormed off in the opposite direction. Victoria went after her.

"Let's go check on her" Justin shouted so I could hear his voice over the music.

The room was spinning faster in combination with the adrenaline inside me. I didn't want this feeling to end.

"No" I pulled him closer to me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah" I affirmed "It's probably nothing serious. Now, let's dance!"

MAYA

An execution.

Growing up, I read a lot of historical fiction. I always wondered how the royals felt when they were given execution dates. They knew they were going to die and there was no stopping it. The worst part is that they knew the exact day and hour it was going to happen. Day by day, they would come closer to their unfortunate fate. No number of pleas or even prayers could save them. There are some things that even God cannot intervene in.

Ever since my sister told me that I was the key to getting this lead role, I prayed time would stop so that today wouldn't come yet here it is. The hour is finally here.

My sister and her friends chatted happily while I stayed in silence, praying for a miracle to come. Out of desperation, I almost wanted to escape with Adaeze and her friends. Maybe they could help me.

I watched Ada and her friends in envy. They looked like they were having a swell time. A stray tear fell from my right eye at the sight of them. Oh, to be young and free; two things I didn't have the luxury of having. How opposite our fates were. They came to have fun while I came here on a mission that could traumatize my whole life.

"Hello ladies" Kenneth's voice sounded.

It felt as if time went still. Even in a room filled with music, I could hear his voice.

"You look stunning tonight" he said to me.

Of course, I did. I was practically dressed for him. I was his present, a gift he couldn't wait to unwrap. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from my seat.

With one last glance at my sister, I could swear I saw a bit of sympathy in her eyes as well as...regret? It came as a flash. Maybe I imagined it.

Even God couldn't save me now

ADAEZE

Justin and I swayed to the slow song the DJ played. My hands were locked against his neck and his hands were wrapped around my waist.

We stared into each other's eyes unashamedly. As a shy person, I normally couldn't maintain eye contact but it felt different with Justin. It didn't feel uncomfortable at all. In his eyes, I found comfort and peace.

The club was packed with people yet in that moment, I could swear it was just both of us in this room.

"I think....I love you" he said.

I smiled. There was no other word to describe what I felt for him.

"I think...I love you too"

After I said the words, we joined our lips in a sweet passionate kiss.

A loud scream made us pull apart. Where is that noise coming from? Yinka rushed to us

"Come quick, you guys" he rushed out "Chen's been poisoned"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 300 25
At St. Patrick's College, Abuja, everyone has a secret and some of them are to die for... She never wanted to transfer to St. Patrick's College...
23.4K 2.3K 45
"You want to have sex with me? Just sex, nothing else attached?" "Is it so bad? Don't you want me too?" Chike's eyes were focused on her and she coul...
20.5K 3.2K 75
You know how it feels when those you love are the key factors as to why you are scarred physically and emotionally?. You don't? Well, Maliya Jamil ca...
24.1K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...