The Noah List

By ActuallyitsAnonymous

The Noah List Ellie's world revolves around Noah Wolff. Her best friend's brother. But what if Ellie finally... More

Hey there!
Noah List #2: Date not hate

Noah List #1: Do not Compare Every Single Boy with Him

102 6 4
By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Noah List #1

What did I, Ellie Graham, do to be in the situation I am right now? Let me tell you what I am currently busy with in my entire sixteen years of living.

First, I am not the kind of girl who dances with a short blue skirt and matching pompoms. Second, I am not one of those oogly math geeks you see in the hallway. Third, I am certainly not a hobo chic who stays at the corner of a room and inhale all those drugs there are.

I am - I really hate to admit it - the kind of girl who simply live my life trying to blend in the background. But hell, it seems that I can't. Thanks to the one and only Noah Wolff.

Who is Noah Lennon Wolff?

He's just the basketball team captain and the school's "wonder boy". Who wouldn't love Noah? He's smart, hot, sexy, dreamy and undeniably kind. To me, he's quite the jerk that I have recently found out.

"This is my favorite shirt! Do you know how much trouble I went through just to get this?" He yells, pointing at his trademark yinyang printed shirt with a cute red stain now painting its purity.

"And so? You could just buy a new one. It's about time you change it anyway." I reply.

"Ellie, I love this shirt and you know it!"

You see, I am sweet Ellie to him. The girl who everyone assumes is his girlfriend due to the recent closure we had. It started with a small crush until we finally spent summer together in a camp in Oregon. Little did everyone know that I assume along with them. He only has his eyes set on one girl. I'm like his flavor of the day just like every other girl he's with everyday.

"You're impossible!" I yell back.

"Guys, I think that's enough." Jane, his sister and also my best friend says, pulling us apart.

"Jane," He warns his sister.

I sigh heavily and cross my arms over my chest. "Fine, then I'll wash your 'shirt'."

Jane glares at me. "Elle! You won't wash his shirt. He can do it, isn't that right Noa- Why are you taking your shirt off?"

Noah smiles and completely pulls his shirt off. "She's going to wash it." He tosses the shirt at me while he left to go to the locker room for a new one.

I bet the whole cafeteria's swooning over his back muscles and those set of abs he has.

"Ellie, you won't do it, will you?" Jane asks.

"Jane, you know how much I love your dickhead of a brother. Therefore, I will wash his shirt." I say, half - mocking her.

"Yeah, and don't even try to sniff it because that's so gross." She says, making a face.

"I will sniff it like it's my drug." I send her an innocent smile.

"I hate it when you do that." She says. "Anyway, have you heard about that new rumor about you and my brother?" She asks.

I instantly snapped out of my dreams about Noah's shirt and look at Jane. "What? Is it about me being the school's biggest slut all because Noah carried my books earlier today?"

Jane smirks, "Nope. It's about how you are so desperate that you will attack Noah anytime."

I slam my fists on the table making the girls beside us eye me weirdly. "No way. I swear, those girls are over the top now. Am I desperate?"

"No. Well except now that you're practically clutching my brother's shirt as if your life depended on it." Jane says.

I detach the white fabric from my body and stuff it inside my bag. "Jane, how long have I been crushing on Noah?"

"Since... Oh! Seventh grade. It started when we had a sleepover at my house and you saw him shirtless." Jane says.

"Two years, huh? Those sweet agonizing years where I've been so darn stupid. Tell me, how do I unlike him? I'm sick and tired of all the crazy rumors going on." I say, sipping from my coke.

"Find a new boy toy. You can have Jason Montgomery! The guy have been crushing on you since third grade." She suggests.

"But Jason is Jason. Yes, he may be cute. But not as cute as No-"

"And you have to stop comparing every boy to Noah." Jane cuts.

I sigh. Noah Wolff have always been my life. But what will I even get from liking someone who clearly is not interested?

"You know what, I'll give you a list of ways how to forget Noah." Jane says, taking a bite of her turkey sandwich.

"And what will I get from this list?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"You will be spared from heartbreak and rumors!" She says, squealing like her usual cheerleader tone.

Yes, my best friend is a cheerleader, whereas I am just a simple girl from the school newspaper club and the film club. But the proposal she handed me today is one of the best options. I want to be spared from heartbreak. Knowing that you don't have a chance kind of sucks and will surely bring you on edge. But this, my friends, is life. We don't get what we want in a flash unless we work so hard for it.

"Deal." I say, without giving it another thought.

Jane smirks, "First of all, Noah List number one: Do not compare every guy to him." She grabs her phone from her bag and dials a number. "I'm calling Jason right now and you will have a date with him."

Now that was fast. This is Jane Wolff. The ever so charismatic lady I have known my whole life. She's like my other half. Without one, the team isn't complete. Despite our social differences, we form one tandem that nobody could ever beat.

"Hey Jason, this is Jane Wolff. Yeah, well my best friend Ellie needs a date. You think you could accompany her?" Jane says using her "cheerleader" charm.

She winks at me then hangs up. "You got one hot date tonight at seven - thirty at Scoops."

"I can't believe you're doing this." I say, shaking my head mockingly at her.

"Oh come on Ellie, we both know how Noah is with girls. They're disposable to him. I don't want my best friend to end up like those petty girls my brother ruined." Jane says.

Right, never ever mess with Jane. Or me. Well she protects me and all so... No. Just stay away from us, that'll be my best advice. She isn't just a cheerleader but also a black belter in taekwondo. Not to mention she's a real ass kicker.

The annoying bell rings signaling the end of lunch break and it means I have to face the wrath of Mrs. Stone in History. Gosh, she's boring. Here in the small town of Stanley, boring teachers are usually walking everywhere. This might be the best town you'd ever find especially in summer but the people here prefer organized things.

~~*~~

I usually take the school bus to and from school. Besides the fact that the bus is swarming with freshmen kids and sophomores like me, the bus is always very hectic. Dave, who drives the bus, is a very good example of it. Just look him up and down and you'll see why. His brownish blackish hair in a messy up-do. And not the cute, hot, sexy, I - mean - to - do - this messy. It is the I - am - a - fucking - man - and - I - don't - brush - my - hair kind of messy. His clothes, usually comprised of a white t - shirt, black saggy pants, grey converses with its shoelaces messily tied in a somewhat knot, and a traffic enforcer's neon colored vest.

Dave might be the messiest but he is the kindest. He always greets us and makes fun jokes. But there are times wherein he looks very groggy due to his recent alcohol closure. Yeah, he's single. The kindest and most gentleman guy I know is single. And this relationship status of his saddens him causing his self - pitying stance which leads to his alcoholic habit.

"Good afternoon, Ellie." He greets, his surprisingly shiny teeth blinding my eyes.

"Wow, you cleaned up good today Dave," I say.

From the clothes I had described him earlier, he pretty much transformed into a set of decent clothes. Except for the converse.

"Thanks. I actually have a date tonight." He says, smiling from ear to ear.

"That's great," I say settling on my usual seat on the second bench to the right.

Really great. I also have a date tonight, Dave. And guess what? I don't know what to wear. The November blues here in Stanley can be felt already. Cold and crisp wind at night and windy day time. Wait, didn't Jane say that my date is at Scoops? A freaking ice cream place and in November? Dammit, I knew that this date would bring nothing.

Alright, I admit that I might be ignoring this date. I clearly am. The only reason I'm even doing it in the first place is for Jane who had sworn decency when it comes to that guy. She says, he might be better than Noah. But hey, what if all my fudging self screams for is Noah? I have encountered lots of doubts when it comes to my feelings for him. There are also those few times wherein I started thinking that I should not like him any further for I will gain nothing from my fantasy. Thus, look at the state I am now. I am crazy over him. I adore him a lot that I started thinking and feeling as though there's something going on between us.

"Ellie, you're thinking way too hard again." The familiar voice of Noah fudging Wolff says.

I jump up from my seat suddenly startled. "You scared me."

"Aren't you always a scaredy cat?" He mocks, smirking.

"Shut up, go to hell Noah." I say, grabbing my iTouch from my bag and plug in my earphones into my ears.

Before the music completely distracted me, I heard Noah say, "Oh please, you want me to stay here with you because I'm so handsome and everyone knows it."

This guy's head sometimes...

Maybe you're all wondering how come the dreamy guy is taking the bus? The answer is Noah's car is under a major reparation due to his last adventure with his friends. They think that bumping trees in the forest is awesome and really adventurous.

Anyway, a date tonight is something I should really focus on. Definitely not Noah. Jane's right, I shall not compare any guy with him. After all, the reason why I'm doing this date is because I want to get over his handso- ugly face.

Noah list. That sounds really appropriate for this new project I'm working on. It's about time I resist instead of insisting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...