Force

By Rainha_Ray

On his journey to LA, Tommy stops in Chicago, only to discover shocking news about his family; Tommy must dec... More

C1. A Short Fuse and a Long Memory
C3. Fire Starter
C4. Storm Clouds
C5. Take Me Home
C6. It's Just A Test
C7. This Is Who We Are
C8. Outrunning A Ghost
C9. Killing Me Softly
C 10. He Ain't Heavy
C11. Test Of Loyalty
C12. What You'd Do For Power
C.13. The Throw Down
C14. Run My Mouth
C. 13 Lose To Gain
C.14. The Ball Don't Stop
C. 15 Bridges Are Drawn
C. 16 War & Ice
C.17 Therapy Sessions
C.18 Devil In The Details
C.19 Crown Vic

C2. King Of The Goddamn Hill

903 27 0
By Rainha_Ray

Celeste POV

I slip my heels off as I walk into the barbershop, but I'm ambushed by a hooligan.

"Ayo, sweetheart, I don't where you ass think you walking up into— oh shit what's up with you Ce? You looking good baby."

I cut my eyes at him before waving him off.

“You better get the hell on Elijah, I ain't in the mood for that shit today. "

" Ayo, when you gone stop playing and let me take you out? You know I can spoil you in more than one way." I give him a stank face but before I can say something Diamond cuts me off.

" Watch yo fucking mouth, talking to her you don't see me right here?" I smirk and walk past him and hand the two their food sitting in a chair dropping my heels at my side.

" Yall lookin real busy."Diamond softly pinches my cheek kissing my temple.

" Some of my old clients already came by checking my availability."

" If my hair don't get with the program imma have to check out yo skills. " They chuckle while he knocks at my bun and I take a bite out of my chicken salad. Wendy's chicken salad is the best hands down. If I could marry it I would.

I hear the door open and I look up seeing Tommy pasty ass stroll in. How in thee entire fuck does he know these idiots? I bet you it's because of Jenard's ugly ass.

"Yo, yo, you lost?"

"How much time you got for that answer?" I snicker and he looks over at me and grins. He looks over at Jenard and I was correct.

"Yo, what's up, man?" Diamond looks over at him and speaks.

"So this the white boy you told me about?" He hums a yes. Idiot door checker side eyes him before starting to pat him down. Tommy lifts his shirt to stop the frisk. He tells him it's on safety as he takes it off Tommy.

"Who you work for?"

"Nobody, I ain't got no ties." Diamond looks at me and Jenard, Tommy  starts looking all over, I see his eyes focus in on David's certification before his eyes land on me then back to the guys.

"A man alone don't last long in these streets."

"Ooh,That's some deep shit," I chuckle and he smirks at me walking to a picture of Diamond. "This is you with the belt? You was a boxer? You a champ? You was nice with these?" I swear everything he says is foolishness. I know his people love him, but diamond ain't as impressed.

"So what you got in the bag?" It's obvious the shit Jenard ain't get in that meet up with the Yardies. Tommy goes to open the bag and the idiot starts to step but Tommy side eyes him.

"Nothing worth dying over." Something in that man's eyes ain't too stable. I fuck with it. He slowly unzips it and hands it over to Diamond, he takes it and looks inside.

"Why didn't you keep it? I didn't know where you were." Tommy shrugs and he looks back at me, this time keeping his eyes on me.

"I ain't in the game to snatch chains and pick pockets I'm in for the long haul." David looks over at me and I look back at him and he moves more so in front of me.

"You're a fucking idiot, bro," No Jenard you are. Tommy's eyes do that same thing it did when Elijah pulled up on him. I hope Diamond sticks with him because I want to see him show this obvious unstable side. "I would have at least kept the money."

Diamond looks over at him and I shake my head biting the tip of my straw. This is gonna be interesting. And see I always knew he was a thief. Diamond ain't believe me.

"Yeah, well, we different. Anyways them drugs is stepped on with baby aspirin. So you have fun with that. We done and done?" Diamond nods and Tommy turns to leave but top flight security steps to him.

"Today ain't the day."

"It's always the day, boy."

"Is that right?" I smile as Tommy grabs him by the neck before he can pull his toy, the boys from outside rush in holding a gun to his head. Why can't people leave others alone?

"Yo I didn't come here to set shit off, I came here to make shit right." I press my foot against the back of Diamonds leg as he speaks up.

"Elijah you a fool. Now, put them goddamn guns down in my shop." They don't move and I look at Diamond and then Jenard, this idiot is smirking, these idiots don't know Diamond.

"Man, I ain't doing shit till I get the fucking nod." I tilt my head a small dose of adrenaline rushes through my body making my right arm twitch, the boy looks at Jenard and David looks back at him.

"The fuck you looking at him for? This my spot." I watch Jenard and I see this look cross his face as he looks Diamond up and down. It's happening already. Damn shame.

"Aye, fuck all that, Hey, J, who calling the shots here?" Good question boy, I look at Jenard and David does the same. "Gimme the word, I'll smoke white boy right now." Tommy looks over at us, I catch his eye and I tap my finger against my cup twice times, he tilts his head down slightly in acknowledgement.

"Fuck it, put em down, we gonna let him make it." They drop their guns and I cross my legs, oh wee this is so messy. Diamond goes over to Jenard and Tommy grabs his gun. He looks at me and gives a fake smile his voice playful.

"Now I see where you get your attitude, nice seeing you around Celeste." I wave with a similar smile.

"See ya Thomas." He starts to leave and I feel David and Jenard's eyes on me but I pull my phone out texting Gloria.

"Celestial follow me, " He looks to Tommy, "Let's walk."

I sigh and slip out of my chair slipping my flats out of my purse before walking past top flight security as Diamond opens the door for me he and Tommy following. Jenard dumbass just pushed Tommy into Diamond's radar, and it all could've been avoided if he would've let Tommy be.

We walk down the street and when we turn the corner he speaks.

"I heard you did the same thing for the  Flynns. Why the fuck you out hea trying to make friends?"

"I ain't out here trying to make friends. I'm out here trying to make money and moves. And seems like this little Celestial being is a beacon to all the right people." I give a fake smile but it drops when a car pulls up to us yelling to not move. Damn it.

"I'm guessing this yo ride?"

"Fuck, no." I've always wanted to be kidnapped to just see how it is, the guys yells again and he tells us to put our hands up as him and some others pull guns, we're pushed against the wall and my face is covered.

"Jefe's got a job for you Diamond." You just got out who the hell did you piss off inside prison, David?

"Do these motherfuckers know you?"  we're pushed and stuffed into the car and the guy says that Rojas knows him.

"Guess that answers that." I roll my eyes at the comment as I'm smushed between the two and I'm assuming another guy, I try to wiggle out but a guy points a gun to my cheek.

"Stop squirming bitch." If I get called another bitch today.

"You got us packed back here, don't you know the smallest goes in the middle or on someone's lap? These dudes ain't light." He pushes me back and tells me to shut up. Why can't kidnappers be nice? Is that too much to ask?

After a 4 or so minute ride we are moved and sat down, the covers are yanked off of us and I glare at the bitch with the guns pointed at me and Tommy.  A guy pistol whips Diamond and I wince. I might as well get shot if they do that to me because I'm getting up to whoop some ass, even if I lose.

"You thought you was gonna put our jefe in a wheelchair and life was just gonna go on like that shit didn't happen, huh?" I close my eyes annoyed by the prison drama already. Why can't the men in my life just be doctors or lawyers, hell even blue collar workers, this shit is tiring.

" I knew you would come for me, but neither of them are apart of it. " the woman comes around speaking.

"They've seen our faces. They're a big fucking part of it." Bitch, nobody told you to take the bags off our heads. I give her the, 'are you dumb' face but Tommy speaks my mind.

"Yeah, well, you the one who took the bags off our heads, mamacita."

"Glad I wasn't over thinking it." Tommy shakes his head.

"Nah, it's just common fucking sense!"I snicker and shake my head remembering my mom's favorite quote to me.

"My grandma always said common sense ain't a flower in everyone's garden. Seems like it's not in theirs."

"Your grandma was a very intelligent woman, I see where you get it from—"

"Shut the hell up!" Me and Tommy mutter rude and rude ass under our breath and they continue with their plan. I guess the dude got too close to Tommy's head because he's currently applying pressure to a bloody nose.

"Now I'm part of it." I watch as he gets another gun aimed to his head in the span of less than 30 minutes.

"We aren't gonna do whatever you want us to do if you kill anyone of us." She points her gun at me and I drop my head to my shoulder and shrug the left one. The guy says something in spanish and grabs a black duffle throwing it into Diamond's lap.

"This is all on you. Rojas wants you moving our shit today." He looks through the bag and shakes his head.

"I don't move H."

"Today you do!" Well damn, okay.

"In fact, you're gonna move all eight bricks of it for us."

"The city is hot with cops."

"Which is why you're gonna do it and we're not." Pussies. You know I always knew it was some scary people in the streets, I just didn't know they meant scary as in punks. I mean it's a smart move but stupid nonetheless.

"Either you bring us our money, or you die in the fucking street."

I space out as they say some more shit, I wonder if Jenard put my food in the fridge, I doubt it with his crazy ass.

"Fine, then the bitch stays." Again with the bitch word. It's fine because I'm a smart bad bitch so it don't matter, some people don't like to say the whole thing, it's fine.

"The hell you still sitting for? Bring yo ass." I stand up following the two Diamond pulls me in front of him.

____________

"Did yo ass really space out with a gun pulled on you? Are you okay up there?" I look at Tommy from the back seat of his car and nod.

"Yeah, I have a bad problem with tuning  people out. I space out a lot when something doesn't hold my interest." He turns to me and I shrug. He shakes his head turning back around.

"Always the pretty ones who fucked up in the head." I watch as the police speed by us. This is quite extra is it not? It hasn't been anymore carjackings or murders than usual what's the purpose for that.

"Why didn't you put him in the ground?" Cause that's a life sentence nicely wrapped in a bow.

"I wasn't trying to get life while I was inside. That shit all happened fast. Rojas tried to get at Jenard, take some CBI business. I put a end to that. Been taking care of Jenard his whole life."

"What about the day dreamer back here? It's obvious she's not fully in the life but she looks well taken care of." Why thank you I think? But that big fucker does not take care of me.

"She has her moments. But she looks out for both of us, when she's not cutting us up." I roll my eyes smirking before looking at a group of men sitting on some stairs as they pass by.

"Now that you out, he been the man. He holding everything down for you. Taking care of your whole organization. Calling the shots. Holding down the hood. How's that going for you?" Uh oh, I feel us pull over and I peak an eye open looking at the interaction. They have a small chat and Tommy just asks that he gets a cut.

" So, since he's getting a cut... "

" You better find a way to—"

" Negative. I want money. Or something pretty. Doesn't matter what." Diamond shakes his head I see a small smile peak out and I smile closing my eye again.

I tune back in when I hear David get off the phone.

" Five-O" I lift my head and I look in the review mirror seeing two cars.

"Relax, D, you ain't do anything."

"Listen to her."

"I'm a black man with two fucking cop cars behind me." I mean yeah that too, let's pray they ain't looking for anything in particular.

"Hope the cops are more chill here in Chicago than they are in New York."

"I'm sure they flex just as hard. DWB is coast to coast." I sit up and as I do they start up their lights, it's not for us.

"Fuck, they just lit us up." I keep my eyes on the wheel of the cop and I see her on the walkie not looking at us but at the computer in the car. We're good.

"You all right. Keep your foot on the brake. We all right, right Celeste?" I nod slowly turn straight as I see the cops hands turn the wheel.

"I just got out."

"You aren't going back any time soon, D, you and I both know that."I sit back as they drive past us.

" God damn, we clear! "I raise an eyebrow at the crazy ass laughing next to David and I just close my eyes again.

" Whatever you're doing I need you to teach your boyfriend he's too wound up. "I frown and shake my head. What makes him think I'm his girlfriend?

"That's my big bro, Thomas." He looks at us and squints trying to see the resemblance. It gets silent for a minute before speaking.

"Half siblings?" I roll my eyes shaking my head.

"She's the middle child."

"Y'all don't look shit alike, you and your brother do but, damn are you sure? but now I get it, the middle child is usually a little off." I flip him off.

"Go do the illegal shit Thomas I'm tired of yo ass now." He waves me off and I close my eyes. He gets out of the car and I hear him speaking.

"Yo, people are gonna know these keys are dropping fast."

"Word up. Circle the block once. If I ain't out—"

"Take off. Got it." I chuckle and I hear Tommy scoff.

"No, motherfucker, circle a second time." I sit up still laughing and David tells him he's just fucking with him.

"We'll have eyes on you the whole time." He's not going to let me rest. He pulls off once Tommy closes the door.

"Let's steal his car afterwards." He chuckles and shakes his head, he always doing that shit.

"Like this car ain't recognizable. But how you know him?" Do I lie?

"Don't lie either. I see it in yo eyes." I roll them before leaning up against the arm rest and sigh.

"Went to New York, met him and his best friend Ghost who owned Truth a club up there. Me and his friend got into it and I tossed a drink in his face and left, he came after me and talked smack before I got into my car sped off back to my hotel. That's all. " I mean that's the truth that's how I know him. How I know Ghost is the million dollar question.

" You'd tell me if—"Uggghhhh

" Yes, David I will you know I would. "He nods as he pulls back up, and we see two guys go to a dumpster, I see them pick up the package and I lean back seeing them walk back into the building.

" He should be out in a second. "He nods in agreement and just after a few seconds Tommy walks out. He comes over to us and tosses me the money before getting in, I put it underneath the seat in the duffle bag.

" Maybe we the junkies huh? " The hell?

" Not me, I never touch it. "

" No, I mean, you know, chasing that first high when we got away with it."

"Had some paper for the first time, some power."Ugh drug deal guy talk, if you think guys sport talk is bad, drug talk is worse, sometimes it's actually really interesting but rarely.

" I can tell you every detail the time I climbed the steps at Cabrini. Dime bag of ditch weed in my pocket... Ready to make my first deal." When I called you a idiot, and when I said you were becoming an idiot drug dealer, Cabrini holds so many youthful memories.

"Yo, I remember slinging that same shit at 134 and Guy R Brewer."

"Just happy to be in the mix. Make that ten dollars. See Jenard he don't understand how things used to be. He thinks things are supposed to jump off at the speed of light."

I lean up and look at both of them, Tommy leans back frowning at me.

"Who the hell your little ass mugging? Where is your seat belt?" I raise an eyebrow looking him up and down before looking at David then back to Tommy.

"Aww, are the two drug dealers becoming friends? That's so cute!"

"Put your damn seat belt on, Celestial." He pushes me back with his elbow and I smack it away huffing.

"Keep that rusty ass elbow off me, continue your conversation about your broke days." They laugh and continue to talk until his phone starts to buzz. He pulls it out and I lean up looking at the phone.

"Change of plans. Cops are moving heavy, and we want our fucking money!" Are they unstable or something? Is this normal?

"You have an hour to make all the drops, or baby brother dies." They beat his ass, damn shame.

"We gotta finish this shit."

We speed up and as we drive to our next drop I get a text message from Price.

Price💌: Are you busy tonight?

This is strange.

Me:Unfortunately I am, my baby brother needs help so I'm heading out to his place to see what's up, what time does this offer expire?

Price💌: Just text me when you're free.

Me:Okay.

"Where is he?"

"Calm down they're probably checking the shit. New face which means they gotta check the product." He looks back at me and I look at him.

"How do you know that?" I shrug and continue to scroll across my social media. Even if he wants to believe I didn't pick up on shit, he has to known unconsciously I did. Next thing I know he's suddenly out of the car.

"Get me something to snack on please!"

After maybe 5 minutes of waiting I see Tommy slip in and soon Diamond follows, he hands me a bag and I sit up looking inside. I pull one of the sugary bread things out and take a bite, it's good.

"What's this?"

"Rugelach." I nod holding the bag to the two, Tommy takes one and so does Diamond as he drives off to the next drop off. When we make it to the next stop and Tommy gets out we sit in silence. That is until we hear sirens. I see a cop get out and I speak quietly.

" Deep breath, D. You ain't doing nothing wrong."

"Yes we are."

"We are sitting in a car waiting for our friend." He puts his hands on the wheel and the cop comes up, he tells him to roll down his window slowly. I look over at him and I feel my lip curl at the look on his face.

"Saw you on your cell phone, you know, it's illegal to text and drive." I frown and grab his phone as I lean up to see the officer.

"Sir, we were parked and I have his phone. I doubt he was texting while driving with an off engine." The cop cuts his eyes at me and I give a smile.

"Please sit back and keep quiet ma'am. I'm talking to the driver." I go to open my mouth but Diamond gives me that look and I drop back into the seat. I cut my phone on record and inhale softly.

"License and registration."

"I'd rather not make any movement, sir. Prefer to keep my hands where you can see'em at all times. In fear that they may be perceived as a threat against you."

"You are operating a vehicle with out of state plates. I'm not gonna ask you again, " Tommy hurry the hell up. "Slowly retrieve your license from your wallet and the registration from the glove box, now." I try to keep my knee from bouncing but it's not in the cards as I my foot thumps against the car floor.

"I will not move my hands from the steering wheel, sir."

"Driver's License from your wallet and registration from that glove box, now!" I see him pull the gun and my breath hitches, I keep my eyes trained on the gun as I slowly reach into my purse my hand on my own.

"This is not my vehicle sir."

"Are you currently operating a vehicle that you are not the owner of? Driver step out of this fucking car now. Do not make me ask you again!" I clench the gun ready to pull the trigger.

"Sir, I will not open this door and I will not make any sudden movements. My hands are staying on this steering wheel." He raises the gun and I pull mine out aiming it at his head ready to pull the trigger when I hear Tommy.

"Is there a problem officer? Is there a problem with my car? I know the tags are current, I'm not in a red zone. I don't see any meters." He lowers the gun but I keep it trained on him.

"This is your car, bro?"

"Yeah she sure is." He raises his gun back at David as if it's his finger.

"Do you know this man?"

"I sure do. It's David Samson, my barber. And his little sister. Who you're scaring half to death. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Just as he looks down at me, his face reflects as if he forgot I was there I slip the gun onto the ground. He puts the gun away and asks for the license and registration. Tommy grabs it all and hands it to him keeping up the conversation, I look over at him and I see he's pissed off in his eyes. How can he be joking as if he didn't just have his gun pulled on a unarmed, non-threatening man? Once the cop is back at his car Tommy gets inside.

"What is he gonna find running your plates?"

"He ain't gonna find nothing."

"Not even a parking ticket?"

"Nothing."

The cop comes back and reaches across David and hands his stuff back to Tommy, why am I not surprised he has literally no manners. He tells us to have a nice day before driving off. I inhale and Tommy looks back at me.

"Fifteen fucking years inside, and this is the one thing that ain't change a goddamn bit."

"Let's go get your brother. You okay Celeste? Because you was about to blow that motherfuckers head clean off." I nod scooting down into the seat picking up my gun putting the safety on before putting it in my bag. We pull up to some building and before I can get out Diamond tells me to wait inside. I close my eyes and lay back, I try and to slow my heartbeat, I start to crack my knuckles rolling my ankles letting them pop continually until they stop. I grab my phone and text Price.

Me:I'm not gonna be able to come, Jenard got hurt so I'm gonna be over there helping with him. Sorry.

Price💌:That's fine, I figured it was something important. See you tomorrow..

I see the door open and I sit up seeing David and Tommy. I grab my bag as he nods for me to get out. I stand up and wave to Tommy. As we walk to some white car, David opens the door for me and I slip inside, I check on Jenard before slipping back putting my seat belt on. Diamond pulls me into his side and I lay my head against him.

We drive to the barber shop and when I step out Diamond tells me to head home.

"I'm not in the mood to be home right now." He nods pulling me under his arm as he unlocks the door the letting us all in. I sit back in my chair and sigh tilting my head back on the neck rest.

I listen to Jenard, Diamond and Elijah talk about the day and how to get them back. But all I keep thinking about is that cop. I feel my heart start to palpitate but I try and clear the memory from my mind.

"Hey," I open my eyes and see Diamond, I sit up a little. "You okay? You haven't said anything since earlier." I nod and he cups the side of my face wiping the lone tear from the corner of my eye. I grip his wrist and shrug.

"You're the one who had a cops gun to your head. Are you okay?" He tenses his jaw and nods before getting a hold of the side of my neck.

"Nothing new, you know that. But I want you to know that I appreciate you trying to deescalate the situation and making sure you had my back but that was dangerous what if he saw that gun? I can't deal with losing you, you know that." I nod before shrugging.

" And I just got yo bald head ass back, you think I'm going to let someone take you from me? Us? Nah, never again, us against the world right? "He smiles and nod squeezing my neck slightly.

" Us against everything, baby you know that." I smack his hand away and he muffs me, we hear a knock on the glass and look seeing crazy ass Tommy, we walk towards him and see he shows us that guy's shirt. Oh shit.

" Oh, Fuck." I look at the surprised Jenard then up to Diamond. This fucker is gonna either be a problem or a solution and we ain't got that many problems to need solutions yet. Jenard and Elijah go back to their seats and I cross my arms popping my knuckles seeing him walk away.

"How much of a blow back are we gonna get from that D?" He looks down at me and I turn back looking at him. He shrugs and sighs.

"Enough where imma need you to keep that piece on you at all times." I nod.

Goodbye silent boring life, hello Ghetto University, I missed you.

"Come on, let's get you home." I raise an eyebrow and nod.

"We gotta get your shit in order tomorrow, D. Jenard text me when you make it home okay? Love you lil bro." He looks at me as I walk to him and give him a hug, he doesn't hug back but I still hug him tightly before kissing his forehead. I nod at Elijah before David and the others follow me out. We go to our separate cars and before I can go in the direction of my house he tells me to go to his spot. I haven't been to his place yet so he has to direct me.

When we walk inside I kick my shoes off at the door, he does the same thing and we walk deeper into the studio. I look around catching the folded up blanket and sheet on the bed. I look around but stop seeing a picture on the TV stand. I walk to it smiling at the picture I take it and turn to David taking the drink from him.

"Where you get this from?" He looks from the fridge and looks over the counter and chuckles.

"Found it in a box Jenard had moved in here. It was the only picture in there." I pull the picture out of the frame and flip it over, David's hand writing on the back.

'95 Block Party Diamond N Celestial 

"Even three years apart we were thick as cold ass molasses." I smile and nod remembering our friends, his ass in high school with me under his arm as he did whatever. He even sat through all my boring girl shit, all my games, everything.

"You know I went and got that tattoo right." He turns looking confused handing me a sandwich, I turn around unbuttoning my shirt showing my shoulder, he chuckles coming closer tracing the letters.

"You really got it. You was scared of hospital needles how the hell did you get this shit? This way more than the original." I shrug slipping my shirt back on my shoulder.

"I got bored one night and took the picture and started adding more to it and ended up with this. Like it?" He grins nodding. I look back at the bed and speak.

"The bed uncomfortable? I see the sheets." He looks over at the bed behind me and shrugs.

"The bed is too soft. Spent so long on hard ass metal to a pillow top? That shit takes a minute to get used to." I nod and he looks back at me after looking over at the bed.

"Jenard tells me that you're talking to some white boy at work." I roll my eyes shaking my head.

"Come on you know you can tell me what's up, this ain't like when we were younger and I chased dudes away. You can date now." I give a fake laugh remembering all the times he went off on any guy who he seen around me. Let alone seeing him showing me affection.

"Yo ass definitely scared the shit out of me, had me scared as shit to look a dudes way, afraid of you jacking me up and beating his ass." He frowns and I stop chuckling, I bump his hand and he looks up at me.

"I wasn't really that bad. " I scoff while loosening my bun removing a rubberband.

"You were a menace to my dating life, hell to be honest this is the first somewhat serious relationship I've had, since fucking ever. "  He crosses his arms and I look up at him and I lean over and tug his arm down grabbing it.

" Calm down, D. It ain't that deep you were the best bodyguard a girl could ever ask for. You still are... Besides Price isn't something I see long term. I don't see anyone long term to be honest. It's difficult to find someone I just need to be around to add to my happiness. Ya know? "He nods and chuckles.

" I know what you mean, I never really connected with anyone, but I learned it was just because I was dedicated and when I'm focused on something I can't pay attention to anything else. It'd probably be best if you found someone who's not in the same job as you. " I roll my eyes standing up.

" Maybe, but I ain't worried, I got my Diamond back, I'm cute, I got money, my own place, and strawberry ice cream. I'm good. "He looks at me for another minute and I smile walking around to him and I squeeze his neck in a hug, he chuckles allowing me to choke him.

" I'mma have to take you to the tattoo shop so can I get that tatted. "I chuckle and nod.

" I'm about to head out, make sure—"

" It's 2 in the morning, yo ass is gonna take that bed and go yo ass to sleep. I don't know what you and Jenard got going on but that's not gonna happen here. "I toss him my keys not even in the mood to argue.

" My bag in the trunk, can you grab it? It's the burgundy one. "He nods and I go to the dresser and grab one of his old long sleeves heading to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes are red from sleepiness and my mascara is smeared. I sigh and look underneath the sink grabbing a extra Toothbrush, I grab the tooth paste and get to it following up with a wipe down of the face.

When I hear the front door open and close. I'm so glad I'm off tomorrow everything just seems to moving so fast suddenly.

I see I'm going to have to bring some hair stuff around, just because this man is bald means nothing and my hair will not suffer when I stay over because of it. I refuse it. As I make sure all my clothes are accounted for I walk out seeing the bag on the bed. I thank him putting my clothes in the chair pushing it in before going into the bag grabbing my travel headscarf before putting my clothes in the bag.

I see David getting his pallet ready and I feel sorry for him. I know that I had nothing to do with him getting arrested nor could I have possibly stopped it but I still have it on my conscience. David is far from a Saint and am I biased? Yes, but I know he's not a bad person he can't be in the business if there weren't people doing drugs of any sort. It's a supply and demand kind of job and he was really good at supplying. But we know the government loves to get brothers for things they haven't tried to take over yet. Look at weed, think of how many people are in jail for weed now it's legal and now every other white person has a dispensary or pot shop selling shit for it.

"You still afraid of the dark?" I look over at David seeing him sitting on the ground and shake my head, when did his big ass turn off the lights?

"You got jokes man? You talking shit but you ain't gone be happy until some creep is peaking through your windows." He shakes his head laying down, I do the same after I plug my phone in and sigh.

"Trust me, that's the least of my worries." Well not mine we're not sitting here with naked windows after tonight.

"I see we are gonna have to do a lot of decorating." He chuckles and I grin.

"Yo you remember our first apartment? How you turned that bitch out? I swear you'd think somebody rich lived there."I turn on my back remembering that apartment.

" And you always talked about how cheap the shit I bought was. But whenever I brought up that ugly ass couch you wouldn't hear anything I had to say. "He laughs and I chuckle remembering it.

" Yeah and I had to finally toss it when Jenard ass got drunk and threw up all over it. Had me scrubbing that shit out just for you to stroll in with some furniture movers and a new couch the next day. " I smile nodding even though he can't see me.

"Definitely one of my favorite places. It was only good vibes there. Remember how everyone kept saying we'd rip each other head off living together? They bet money on that shit." He scoffs.

"Hell yeah, kept saying that I'd have to break up cat fights and shit. How you'd try and take over the house trying to run shit. I mean you did but..." I gasp and look over the bed and he looks over and chuckles.

"I did no such thing, I didn't even like to argue, plus you wasn't dirty so it wasn't no beef." He nods smiling.

"You really didn't, considering you and Jenard stayed arguing over stupid shit. Even at our house he pissed you off." I roll my eyes and drop back onto the pillow.

"Cause he's a pest just like he is now, I love him with all my heart though, even if he doesn't acknowledge it." It's silent for a moment and I start to doze off but he speaks again at a lower tone.

"You think he trying pull status? Or am I just tripping?" I roll over back to the edge and look at him, I lay my head against the side and I sigh.

"You know how J is, you know he's a limit tester, he's always seen you as a competitor but you're brothers and you're the oldest so of course he's looking up to you while trying to beat you. If I was a guy I'd be trying to get out of both of your ways and let you beat each other to shit. But I gotta play mediator. Don't let your pride get in the way he's still baby bro but he's also a grown man, D. "He huffs and I raise an eyebrow my eyes now closed.

" That's not what I asked. "

" Of course he is, he's fucking Jenard Sampson, even though me and him ain't in the same lane he pulls it with me. Of course he's gonna pull it with big bro because why in the fuck not? He's always felt the need to prove something. Especially to you. Even if it means hurting you."I snuggle deeper into the cover and sigh.

Keep in mind his ass tried to pit me and you against each other even though he didn't need to. The fucker is so smart he's dumb. Just don't feed into his mess because I ain't helping neither of yo old asses if you get in trouble or hurt." He blows a chuckle through his nose as I tell him goodnight as I get deeper into my sleep.

Those two fuckers ain't gonna listen and something is gonna pop off anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.1K 1.1K 21
nunew a 21 year old , he lives in a small apartment, he struggles financially, he owes money to these guys/mafia. the boss finally has enough and tel...
4.1K 156 25
"Rosie, I'm no fucken angel. People like me are the ones I'm trying to protect you from."-Mateo De Leon "What if I don't need protection? I'm old eno...
19.1K 619 36
Brianna's Father Is Looking For Her And Her Family So They Move To Chicago Where Brianna Meets Her Old Friend Travis Who She Lives With. Finding Her...
1K 347 34
"INDY WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!" My mother yells over the phone as she can hear the helicopter flying and the sirens blasting. "Oh I know you fucking l...