𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆| ✔︎

By izzeliaa

"I hate you." "Are you sure? I don't think I got a fair chance." "I am." "Are you very sure?" "Has anyone eve... More

00
01 // I guess I miss her
02 // parker, theo parker
03 // so, we meet again
04 // i'll pay for your food
05 // I hate everyone
06 // i just want your company
07 // halftime show
08 // jacob, jack, j lo
09 // parkers
10 // who doesn't like sprite ?
11 // see you in twenty
12 // its fun making you blush
13 // I dont want to be Camilla anymore
14 // calm and collected person
15 // i need a distraction
16 // we dont like him
17 // suddenly im not so cold
18 // trustworthy individual
19 // i just like the sound of her voice
20 // california girls
21 // irresistible
22 // are you safe?
23 // ms ella
24 // hungry and horny
25 // im nervous
26 // dont call me that
27 // out of character
28 // i coached him
29 // harassed by a little kid
30 // minimalist
31 // toupe
32 // kazzle
33 // words hurt
34 // i'd live here
35 // welcome to the family
37 // hes so much nicer to you
38 // simple but complete
39 // everythings on a spectrum
40 // you dont leave the people you love
41 // someone actually showed up, for me
42 // what a sweetheart
43 // do you ever fucking stop talking?
44 // melodramatic
45//drunk in love
46 // I'll never leave
47//i made it count
48//that's what family's for
49//jay
Epilogue
Through Anothers Lens

36 // sorry parker

20.1K 671 1.6K
By izzeliaa

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟼: 𝚒𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖?

♤✶ఌ𖨆ఌ✶ 𐐒𐐚 ✶ఌ𖨆ఌ✶♤

Camilla

"This isn't working anymore."

"I just need one more chance."

I shook my head, "No way."

Liliana laughed looking at Isha, "We don't want to die."

"Someone else can drive home then," Isha huffed pulling into the parking space.

I smiled getting out of the car and walking into the shopping center with them and Amber. We all decided we wanted to hangout without the guys.

Stepping into the first store I looked around for a few minutes before picking up a dark red top. "Is this shirt cute?" I asked the group of women around me.

"Adorable," Amber nodded as Isha and Liliana agreed with her.

I smiled and continued looking around the store with all of them. It's been an eventful day with all four of us so far.

I almost died.

The conversation we just had as Isha parked was the result of it. I'm not sure why so many people I meet are terrifying to drive with.

Isha is the scariest driver I've ever had come in contact with though and that's saying something considering I've driven with Mel before. I don't know if she had nine lives or something but I certainly do not and I value the one life I have. Which is why I'm driving us back.

Though I fear for my life when in a moving vehicle with her she is one of the most friendly people I have ever met in my life. If you ever feel bad about yourself and need a pick me up she's the person to go to, I learned that pretty quickly.

Amber is just like Theo in terms of being extroverted. She's very sweet too, the kind of person that makes you feel like family and she's known you her whole life. The best kind of person.

Liliana is more on the shy side but she's always paying attention to other people's feelings and makes sure everyone is included in whatever conversation we may be having. Not to mention her insane talent in both making and designing clothes.

All in all, it's safe to say I don't mind being part of this family in the slightest.

"What store do you guys want to go to next?" Liliana asked.

"Links?" Isha suggested.

"I'm banned from there," Amber told us making us all look at her in question. "I went there with my sister's baby, ended up with random pieces of jewelry in my purse."

"Is that code for you shoplifting and blaming it on a baby?"

I laughed at Isha's comment and Amber shook her head, "You and Callan never let me catch a break."

"Just wait until the other couples are around more, then you'll really never catch a break," Isha jokes making everyone smile.

"I am looking forward to seeing everyone together more often." She said cheerfully.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Who picked this movie?" Amber asked as she gripped her husband's arm out of fear, not in such a bright mood about us being here anymore.

"Theo," we all said in unison.

"It had good reviews."

"Never trust reviewers," Isha shook her head.

I nodded. They always rate good movies low while rating horrible movies high.

"I'll keep that in mind for the future," Theo muttered with his arm around me.

I lightly laughed as someone turned off the movie, making Amber clap at the fact she didn't have to watch it anymore.

"Really?"

"Sorry, Parker," I said not so apologetically.

"It was a pretty bad movie," Liliana said apologetically.

I didn't think it was too bad. The plot was just everywhere. Zombies, vampires, and aliens all together are just a little too much. Especially when they try to throw in a romance subplot somewhere in the mix.

But it was entertaining and that's enough for me.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Drew asked his wife.

"Spend quality time together."

"Doing what?" Z questioned.

Callan smiled and Isha looked at him. Neither of them said anything to each other but Isha nodded before talking excitedly, "We have an idea."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I don't know how to play," I told Theo lacing up my shoe.

"I'll show you as we go," he replied watching through the window as everyone else set up the game. "Isha and Callan are a little competitive when it comes to street hockey so you're aware."

"Are you good at it?"

"Fucking fantastic."

"Can I ask a question?"

"Depends."

"Why do you guys have so many hockey sticks?"

"Z. He used to play and needed people to practice on and I guess they just piled up over time." He shrugged.

I laughed standing up and walking out the door with Parker. I listened as everyone explained the rules which didn't seem too complicated to grasp. The real entertainment came when it came time to choose teams, I never thought a group of adults would care so much about who gets to choose teams.

I'm getting flashbacks from the basketball game with all our friends. I only got to choose my teammates after they took pity on me for putting up with Theo.

Z looked at Isha and Callan, "I'll choose both of you first."

They looked at each other before sighing and stepping down from their defenses, "Fine."

Theo smiled over at Z, "Ready to lose?"

"No."

Z looked at all of us before glancing at Theo, "Camilla."

I shrugged walking over to him.

"Really?" Theo said looking annoyed as Callan and Isha looked hurt.

"Liliana," Theo said making Z roll his eyes.

Once the teams were formed I glanced around. Z, Amber, Isha, and I. I feel pretty confident as of now.

"If we lose you're never visiting again," she told him. "You two are obviously still welcomed whenever."

"We won't lose." Z said confidently.

"If you throw this game for your girlfriend I'll murder you," Isha told Z making me realize what Theo meant when he said Isha and Callan are competitive.

"You wouldn't."

"I would and Camilla would help me, right?" She asked looking at me.

I nodded "Anytime."

He shook his head slightly smiling while Amber tried explaining more about the rules to me. It seems like a pretty simple game so I think I'll be fine.

It's been twenty seconds and I take back the statement now that I know just how competitive his family is with each other.

My eyes watched as they passed the ball back and forth as I stood at the goal since they all thought I would be the best goalie for some unknown reason. I started to believe it to with the way they hyped me up but now I'm nervous.

I should've said no and made someone else do this part.

As the game went on I swear they just started to create new rules that basically let them do whatever they wanted.

And it's terrifying.

Though on different teams Liliana and I gave each other worried looks as our eyes met that made me smile. I didn't realize how distracted I was until the ball smacked me across my face.

Of course.

I thought one of the rules was to keep the ball no higher than waist height.

The game passed and Theo came over to me, "Are you okay?"

"I feel great," I mumbled glancing past him to see Amber smack the back of Callan's head.

"He's very sorry," Isha called out.

"It's okay," I called back.

Theo looked at me for a few more seconds acting like an injury would magically appear in front of his eyes at any moment.

"I really am fine. Could I maybe switch positions with someone?" I slightly laughed.

"Of course," Amber said stepping beside me to take my place.

"I know you told him to do that," I joked with Theo walking by him to my new position.

"I need to win."

"Looks like that's not working out for you."

"We'll see."

"I guess we will," I spoke now standing back next to Z.

"It won't happen," Z shrugged.

"Well you just jinxed yourself," Theo retorted. "I'll wipe your tears when you lose, so don't worry."

Z and I looked at each other as the game resumed, he hit the ball as I effectively tripped Theo giving him a sorry smile before running off with everyone else.

He's definitely going to bring up this 'betrayal' later.

I high-fived Z when we got the point pleasantly surprised by his change of attitude towards me and Isha taunted Callan. I looked back at Theo figuring he would be rolling his eyes but he shot me a bright smile, dimples on display.

I learned that I might be shit at basketball but whatever sport someone would deem this as I'm the best there ever is. I think the fact that there are basically no rules as I previously mentioned has a big role in that.

Focusing back I cringed seeing blood on the pavement and Isha holding up her hands as if she was innocent.

Of course.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You're mad you suck at sports," Isha said.

"You won by one point."

"Keyword in that sentence is 'won'."

"I don't understand how Callan has lived with you for all this time," Theo said back.

"I don't understand how Camilla has put up with you for even a single day." I watched as they argued back and forth.

"You only won since you basically killed one of my teammates."

"I didn't mean to hurt Liliana and I would never do that on purpose. I apologized," Isha looked over at Lilian who still is icing her wrist. "Sorry again."

"Accidents happen."

Amber walked to the table setting down cups of hot chocolate where we all are sitting lightly hitting Theo's head as she walked by to sit down.

Drew brought up Amber's point she made before switching positions with me. The fresh memory made her lips pull into a smile, "I've always been athletic."

Drew laughed at the comment, "Since when?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" She's asked back giving him a deadly stare.

"Do you remember when you tried playing soccer?"

"I was in middle school, that was over thirty years ago. I should've never shown you those old videos."

This time Z spoke, "Are you talking about the video of mom just standing in the middle of the field?"

Theo laughed, "Yeah. The one where she got smacked by the ball."

"I raised you."

"That doesn't change the fact you got hit in the face and just stood there," Callan added.

"Stop." She said holding up her hand to all of them.

"Sorry," they muttered out.

"I accept your apology." She waved them off, "I can bring up millions of stories about all of you but choose not to."

"Like what?"

Amber looked at Theo whose smile dropped at the look, "I apologized mom."

"Camilla, have I told you about the time Theo was convinced he was going to be famous online and forced everyone to film videos of him?" She started.

I looked around the table at Theo who was now glaring and his family held back laughs, "You haven't yet."

"Remind me next time you visit so I can dig up those videos."

"I will," I promised very excited to see them.

"You won't." Theo said.

Drew smiled, "There's one video he made when he was ten on a trampoline and he-"

"Stop, please." A panicked Theo said not amused with the story unraveling.

"Okay," his dad shrugged making me curious.

"What happened on the trampoline?"

"Well-"

"Who wants to order pizza?!" Theo blurted out.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I'm thinking of getting another tattoo," I told Theo.

"Of what?"

"I'm not sure, but I want something on my collarbone," I think it would look nice.

"Do you have any ideas?"

"No. I asked Kaz and he insisted I should tattoo his name on me as if I don't already have a tattoo he designed on me."

Theo looked at me curiously, "Which tattoo?"

I folded up my sleeve before pointing out a messily drawn smiley face Kaz made when he was three as a birthday present for me. I kept it and now it's permanently on my body.

"He drew that?"

"When he was little."

Parker smiled, "He's an actor and an artist?"

"Muti-talented."

"So it runs in the family."

"I'm not multi-talented," I laughed.

"You are."

"What talents do I have?"

Theo didn't miss a beat as he answered, "A shit ton. You can paint, tattoo, good memory, smart, do you want me to go on?"

"Yes," I joked leaning down to kiss him. He held onto my hips giving me butterflies in my stomach, the same ones which always seem to be there when he kisses me.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I smiled, "what time is it?"

Theo checked his phone for me, "One thirty."

"Already?"

"It doesn't seem that late."

"Do you want to get food?"

"I know the perfect place."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I took a bite of my chicken sandwich sitting with Theo outside the burger place that apparently is open 24/7 talking about anything and everything.

"Do you remember my old friend I mentioned? Mason?" Theo asked me.

"I do," I said recalling the short conversation I had with Parker about him.

"I visited his grave."

"When?"

"The night we got back from dinner."

I nodded listening to him, "How do you feel?"

"Better. I haven't visited in a while but it was easier this time," he opened up to me. "That sounded dumb," Theo muttered making me confused.

"It's not dumb at all. I'm proud of you." I shrugged.

"For going to a grave?"

"For facing your past and opening up about it, I think that's a brave thing to do."

"You do?" This time as he spoke his voice was softer.

"Of course."

"Can I ask you a question about your mom?"

"Go for it."

He hesitated before continuing, "How do you deal with it?"

"What do you mean?"

"You always seem so put together when she's brought up even a few weeks after the accident."

I didn't respond right away but took a second to think of an answer, "I'm usually around Kaz when she's brought up and I feel obligated to always be okay around him I guess. I honestly don't know, I'm not sure how I should feel."

"I don't think there's a right or wrong way to feel."

"If I say something that sounds horrible do you promise not to judge me?" I hesitated on asking.

"I promise."

"I don't really miss her," I told him, aware that I've never said it out loud let alone to another person really. "I miss her and the motherly image I made of her because of the few good memories but as a person, I don't miss her if that makes sense."

"I get that," he nodded.

"I just was never enough for her. I got into college with almost a full ride and I could have just applied for student loans but I let her pay the rest and pick my major. Talk about psycho, I literally changed my future plans to please her," I ranted telling him what I've been thinking for the past months.

Theo just sat listening and asking me questions.

"She's gone and I still can't forgive her, it makes me feel more guilty than I already do. She never changed and neither did the effects of her actions." I finished.

Theo tilted his head, "Guilty?"

"About the accident."

"It wasn't your fault," he said like he did all the other times I blame myself for a multitude of things.

"Tell my dad that," I muttered taking a sip of my drink.

"Did he say something?" Theo asked reminding me that I never told him why I was so upset that night I came over after dinner with my family.

"Yeah. It doesn't matter."

"If it upset you it matters."

I explained the events to him going into detail about everything.

"You didn't make her do any of what she did and you did your best to keep yourself and Kaz safe."

"I just wish I could've done more," I said finally after a moment of silence.

"There wasn't more for you to do."

"Do you ever feel guilty about Mason?" My question caused Parker to sit for a few seconds gathering his thoughts.

"I used to but I can't change what happened. I learned to accept and live with it. It does get better with time." He admitted.

"Really?"

"Really. Have you ever considered therapy? I know you said Kaz goes to a grief counselor but I think it would help you. I think it's easier to talk to a stranger than a friend sometimes."

I shrugged, "I don't have money for that."

Theo nodded understanding, "Well, I'm always available to be your free therapist anytime."

"I'm always available to be yours too."

I don't know why but when he said that I randomly felt like crying for absolutely no reason. I'm just happy. I never got why people cried why they're happy but I'm one of those people at this moment.

Theo looked at me concerned, "What's wrong?"

"I'm okay."

He leaned towards me wiping the few tears from my face, "Are you sure?"

"I'm fine. I'm happy."

"It really looks like it."

I slightly laughed.

"What?" Theo asked looking at me to make sure I wasn't crying anymore.

"Nothing. It's just we're having this serious conversation outside of a burger place at two in the morning in our pajamas as I cry."

"No better time than the present."

"Cheesy."

"I think the best time to have these conversations is while eating chicken burgers in pajamas."

"I think you should wear more outfits like this," I told him somewhat sarcastically.

"You don't like it?"

"I love it," I assured him.

"Good. I was about to get a little insecure about my outfit," he joked making me look down at the pajama pants Kaz bought him with my money. He got them after Theo had a conversation with him about dinosaurs one night.

It was a rare moment where he openly expressed he thought Theo was cool.

"The dinosaurs make your eyes pop."

"Shut up," he smiled, "you have no room to talk."

"How so?"

"You're wearing Spider-Man pajama pants."

"They're yours."

"Paid for by you."

"I don't know why you're attacking me right now, Parker."

"I promise I'm not."

"Doesn't sound like it." I said, stealing one of his french fries.

He rolled his eyes, "You eat my food more than your own."

"I swear every place we eat at always gives you better-tasting food. They have some shit against me, I always get the bland fries."

"I think they usually all come from the same batch."

Probably.

"Well, maybe."

"Yeah, maybe." He laughed.

"I forgot I have something important to ask you."

"What?"

"Can I see one of those videos your mom was talking about?"

"No."

"Come on."

"No."

"Please-"

"No."

I laughed, "Just one."

He looked around as if someone was secretly spying on us before pulling out his phone starting to scroll through his videos all the way back to when he was in middle school.

Turning the phone so I could see he pressed play and I watched as he started talking to the camera like he was being interviewed, "How old were you here?"

"Eleven."

I laughed at a part that apparently wasn't supposed to be a joke.

"Are you laughing at me?"

"I'm definitely not laughing with you."

He turned off his phone slightly blushing as I hid my laugh.

"I'm sorry," I leaned forward kissing him.

After pulling away he looked at me and shrugged, "I think that was my peak."

"You peaked in middle school?"

"I thought peaking in high school was too overdone."

"It is," I agreed.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"It's after two in the morning," Z said, as Theo and I walked in the front door.

"Sorry," I whispered trying not to be loud unlike Theo next to me.

"We wanted to get food," Parker shrugged smiling walking past him. I said goodnight following close behind to the bedroom.

Theo took off his shoes as I searched for the phone I left behind earlier, "Have you seen my phone?"

"I haven't," Theo told me, "do you need help looking for it?"

I shook my head, "I probably left it in the kitchen."

I walked from the room to the same place I was just a few seconds before. My eyes scanned the kitchen counters and Z looked at me, "What are you looking for?"

"My phone," I sighed tired, "it's purple and has a clear case."

Z nodded his eyes now also looking around, "Is this it?" He asked waking to the island.

"Yes, thank you," I took my phone. "Why are you still up?"

"Couldn't sleep." I turned to leave figuring that was the end of our conversation. "Camilla?"

"Yeah?" I asked looking back at him.

He scratched the back of his neck seemingly uncomfortable, "Sorry about my behavior earlier."

I nodded realizing he was talking about the first two days or so, "Don't worry about it. Thanks for apologizing, just don't do it again."

"Done."

"Good," I lightly laughed getting rid of the somewhat awkward atmosphere. "I'll see you tomorrow tell Liliana I said goodnight."

"I will," he assured me.

I walked back to the room now fully happy knowing that no one in Theo's family dislikes me or at least openly dislikes me.

This whole trip went better than I could've ever imagined.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I took a bite of the bagel chatting with Theo's parents as everyone else was rushing around since none of them packed their bags last night and had to catch a flight.

"I spilt coffee on him," I told them describing the time in the coffee shop.

"Knowing him he probably purposefully ran into you," Drew laughed.

My eyes lit up, "He actually did. Theo said he got nervous."

Amber smiled shaking her head, "He's going to be the death of you."

"Kaz keeps him in line," I joked.

"So I've heard," they both agreed with a smile.

Theo walked in with both of our bags, "Ready?"

I looked back nodding as everyone else came into the room. We all walked out to the drive way.

Amber pulled me in for a tight hug, "I'll see you soon."

"It was nice to meet you."

"You too Camilla," she said genuinely.

I didn't get a chance to reply before Isha pulled both Liliana and I in for a hug, "Make sure you both text me."

"We will."

"Good."

Looking around I grinned saying bye to Callan and Drew who both smiled as we had a short conversation before Z came up to me with a piece of paper in hand.

I turned curious, "Theo said your brother likes Spider-Man."

"He does," I confirmed.

Handing me the piece of paper he continued, "I know the actor."

"Holy shit," I said looking down at the paper seeing the autograph knowing Kaz would freak out. "Thank you!"

I glanced past Z seeing Theo looking very satisfied at the the paper. I shot him a toothy grin knowing he definitely was behind the reason Z had the autograph with him in the first place.

"It really was nice to meet you."

"You too, Z."

I'll label this trip a success.

♤✶ఌ𖨆ఌ✶ 𐐒𐐚 ✶ఌ𖨆ఌ✶♤

♡☺︎︎♡︎ ♡︎☺︎︎♡︎o
Chapter 36

3/13/2022 2:05pm

⭒❃.✮:✮.❃⭒❃.✮:✮.❃⭒

I've been pushing back this chapter since I don't like it that much

I just realized that there's seasons for sports so I'm making up when basketball season starts and ends 🧍‍♀️

I outlined all the remaking chapters and it looks like there's going to be 50 total 49 if I decide to take one out then ofc an epilogue and a bonus chapter down the road

I WAS WORKING ON THE BONUS CHAPTER AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH it's literally so adorable

If I wrote a high school romance I wouldn't write like descriptive smut idk I would feel weird writing ab minors having sex 🧍‍♀️that's one thing in books that always weirded me out

Only a few ppl asked ab my personal tiktok acc and if I'm gonna post on it soon but anyways I only post on it when I feel pretty so next time I do I'll make sure to upload a video🤝

I have such a good memory when it comes to useless shit like ask me ab any wattpad book or episode story I've ever read and I can tell you every single detail

I went to the gym w my bsf the other day and it was one of those days where we couldn't take working out together seriously and it was so fun

I don't think I've ever said how to pronounce my user name so here's how I've always said it Izz-eel-e-uh

I got so many cute videos in my drafts for this book that imma post once it's finished

I've been very inactive this week but I had a good ish week I went to the gym 5/7 days, practiced driving, got some new makeup, got a spring fling dress, cleaned my room, and hung out w my friends

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
6.4K 532 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...
304K 8.5K 50
"That was weird, but I can't stop my heart beating ten times faster than it should be. Laying down on the bed I face away from the bathroom door not...
3.8K 353 55
I wrote this when I was like 13. Never edited it. Read at your own risk. Hate A very strong word Love An even stronger emotion There will always be...