The Other Side

By TacoGay1

!AU!Alphax!Omegax!Beta! After a life-threatening situation, Y/n Y/L/N-who is now known as an unmated alpha-re... More

The Return
Promise Me a Place

Secrets

465 27 7
By TacoGay1

You groaned as the sound of your alarm blared through your ears, waking you up from your peaceful slumber. When you opened your eyes, you nearly cried at how a headache washed over you.

You knew you had drank a decent amount at the Gala, but you didn't think you drank that much to be nearly dying from feeling your head be split open by the withdrawal.

You huffed, sitting your body upwards amd wincing as your head swayed at the motion. Stumbling slightly, you grabbed your towel on the way as you walked to the bathroom.

You sighed as the water washed over your body, thankfully missing your locs since you had tied them up. You had thoroughly cleaned yourself in 30 minutes, feeling rather refreshed as you stepped out with a towel around your waist.

After drying yourself off and moisturizing your body with lotion and oils,  before getting dressed in airbender clothing.

You had made your way to the kitchen, happy to see most of Tenzin's family there.

You patted Meelo's head-making smile brightly before stuffing his face again with the near mountain of food in front of him. The girls smiled at you-giving a nod of greeting.

Their mother nearly half asleep jolted awake as you gently patted her shoulder. The woman tiredly opened her eyes while smiling briefly at you.

" I got the kids, I'll bring them to Tenzin after breakfast." You said, smiling gently at the woman who nodded gratefully as she got up slowly with her hand over her pregnant stomach, making her way to her bedroom.

After getting the kids to clean themselves up a bit, you brought them outside to where Tenzin was meditating. Said man peeked his eyes open as you all were in two feet radius of him.

"Thank you for bringing them here, I know you already have your own things to tend to so I leave you to it." The airbender said as he smiled softly. You nodded your head in return before turning and walking in a more quiet place for your own meditation.

Sitting in the area that was built for private meditation, you sighed as your body stopped tensing, hissing when a slight amount of pain went through your back.

Closing your eyes, you allowed your chi to relax your mind to sink deeper into your soul as a feeling of falling backwards seeped through you.

In spirit world

Opening your eyes, you stood up and looked down at your hands seeing the light glow of your aura before it faded. Starting to trek the forest that covered nearly every part of the spirit world, you could feel eyes watching you even if they weren't in your line of vision.

"You know," you started as you put your hands in your pockets. "It’s better to come out considering you're apart of me anyways." You said before quickly turning around to see a shadow figure hovering behind you.

The figure seemed to chuckle before the it melted into a man in red clothing. " It pains me with how much you don't visit me, Y/N." The man said as he walked closer to you. You sighed looking down at you feet as your hands clenched in your pockets.

"You of all people know why I can't do that,Vaatu. I'm one of the only things keeping you from wreaking havoc and sometimes not even that is enough." You said as you began walking towards a certain tea master's home.

Vaatu chuckled again before nudging you slightly. "The amount of chaos that I wish to cause can be satisfied by you doing slightly bad things like partying. Hence why I haven't done anything in a minute because you drank at the ball you were at last night."

You looked at him from the corner of your eye before humming softly. "Could've told me that before, would've saved a lot of energy from both of us." You scolded. Vaatu simply tutted as he shook his head.

"Where's the fun in that?" He asked childishly as he crossed his arms. "Besides the more energy I use the longer I'll be out of your hair." He rebutted as silence filled the space between the both of you once more.

"You know she can sense me right?" He asked, making you groan lightly. " I know that's why I'm here in the first place, I need to talk to him before something happens or at least learn how to keep you on a better leash." You said as your head began to throb.

"Well hurry then, time is moving much slower in here than it is in the real world." He said, his voice fading out letting you know he was going back to his resting place.

《 At Iroh's tea party》

You smiled gently at the old man and the spirits that cheered around him. "How are you old friend?" He questioned, probably already sensing you a mile away. You shrugged your shoulders at you sat beside him.

"As good as I can be, knowing my secret is on line because she as sensed him." You said, somehow feeling indifferent about the situation. The man quirked an eyebrow at your tone. "You don't seem to worried about her finding out?" Iroh questioned as he poured you a cup of tea.

You thanked him as you took a sip, sighing as the soothing liquid moved through your body. " I don’t necessarily have to be worried about it," You said wrapping your hands around the teacup. "She’s bound to find out regardless, it just matters how long I can prevent it and how she'll take it." You said, looking up from the teacup to meet his soft gaze.

The man hummed lightly as he smiled. "That Alpha no matter how level-headed she seems, she is reckless and hot-headed in her own way. Only true reason she stays any amount of level-headed is because of her mate." He said before chuckling.

"I remember those days before my terrorizing ways, just like before I found my one true, even though it didn't last long before something happened to her." He said as a remorseful smile covered his face.

You frowned at the sadness that had crept in his eyes before placing your hand on his shoulder, smiling briefly when he patted it with his own.

"You should go back, it's already past noon on the other side." He said as he stood up. You looked around already noticing how dark it had gotten in the spirit world. Hugging him briefly as you nodded before feeling yourself being pulled back.

《In the real world》
Your body lurched forward as you gasped as if you were drowning. You breathed gently as you took in your surroundings, noticing it was still light out if not brighter than earlier this morning.

Realizing you still had some time left you decided to train with your bending. Maybe after half an hour you could feel something shift in the air, another presence peaking through the small bubble of comfortable isolation you had created.

Even though you did your best to ignore the other person presence, although it was rather hard to do so considering their eyes were practically burning into the back of your head.

Still, even as you continued practicing with your bending the presence came nearly impossibly closer as if it was going to touch you. So, as you let out a slightly frustrated sigh you opened your eyes as you looked over your shoulder just to take in Korra's calculating eyes running over your body before her gaze met yours.

"You seem to be good at your bending," She said, her words though not impolite but more of a blatant statement that hung in the air. You nodded your head with affirmation."I mean, it is what was giving to me so I try making the best out of it by perfecting my skills." You said, even though that was not all you were given.

Korra nodded curtly, before looking back at you again with that steely gaze of hers. "Would you want to spar with me?" She asked. At first the question did not register in your brain until you realized what she was asking.

With a little hesitation, you nodded hoping Korra hadn't noticed as you threw a half smile in her direction before getting into a fighting stance."Not sure how I'll fare against the great avatar but hopefully I'll manage." You said jokingly, hoping to crack that mask Korra had stuck to her face.

Korra nodded before getting into position herself and motioning for you to attack. With a small breath of air you hardened your resolve and threw the first attack letting pieces of the earth follow the movement of your arm.

Korra immediately dodged the attack moving in slight closer before throwing her own hit. In the next 15 minutes neither of you had yet to crack even as you exchanged harsh blows.

You noticed after some time that Korra wasn't just trying to spar, her hits that had more force behind them seemed to have a reason behind each one. Whatever the reason was you didn't have time to figure out as your distraction seemed to have given Korra the opportunity to hit you with an attack that had you on your back.

A slightly loud 'ooof' noise left your mouth just as a weight settled itself over your stomach and lap. Just as you opened your eyes, your wrist had been pinned to the ground as Korra came into your vision. Her gaze drifted over your face for quite some time but eventually they landed on your eyes.

As your eyes met hers, the look in her eyes grew hard just as her hands tightened around your wrist. "I don’t know who you are or what you're hiding, but trust I will find out." Korra said as she looked over you once more and with she left you gaping at the empty she had left.

Your body had slightly betrayed you as pulsed with an unknown need that had only left when Korra was out of your sight. Even you were enamored to some degree you had yet to realize how soon Korra's words would come true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.6K 31
Rhiannon Walker, Harper McLean, and Amerie Wadia were best friends. Until one night at a music festival changes everything. Now Rhiannon is trying to...
379K 23.8K 87
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
256K 24.6K 60
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
984K 32.6K 60
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...