N7 Rose

By LightninNelly73

[ALPHA Series] On the planet of Remnant, to the west of Vale, lies a small island known as Patch. There lies... More

N7 Rose: Bio
N7 Rose: Prologue
Volume 1, Ch. 1: Beacon Academy's N7 Commander
Volume 1, Ch 2: The Badge, The Burden, and The N7
Volume 1, Ch. 3: Jaundice and N7
Volume 1, Ch. 4: N7 Forever Fall Reunion
Volume 1, Ch. 5: Team NMDY/RWBY Joint Mission
Volume 1, Ch. 6: N7 Stray
Volume 1, Ch. 7: N7's Black and White
Volume 2, Ch.1: Best Day(s) Ever {🍋}
Volume 2, Ch. 2: Team NMDY/JNPR Joint Mission
Volume 2, Ch. 3: NMDY vs White Fang
Volume 2, Ch. 4: Dates with the Girlfriends
Volume 2, Ch. 5: Welcome to Beacon!
Volume 2, Ch. 6: A Hiccup while Painting
Volume 2, Ch. 7: Passion and Forgiveness {🍋}
Volume 2, Ch. 8: Extracurricular
Volume 2, Ch. 9: Burning the Candle
Volume 2, Ch. 10: Dance, Dance Infiltration
Volume 2, Ch. 12: Mountain Glenn
Volume 2, Ch. 13: NO BRAKES!!!
Volume 2, Ch. 14: Grimm Breach!
Volume 3, Ch. 1: The Vytal Tournament
Volume 3, Ch. 2: A Wintery Meeting
Volume 3, Ch. 3: Learning Lessons {🍋}
Volume 3, Ch. 4: Never Miss a Beat
Volume 3, Ch. 5: Fall
Volume 3, Ch. 6: Fall Aftermath
Volume 3, Ch. 7: Calm Before the Storm
Volume 3, Ch. 8: Battle for Beacon
Volume 3, Chp. 9: End of the Beginning
N7 Rose Volume 4-6 BIO

Volume 2, Ch. 11: Field Trip Abroad

1.2K 28 21
By LightninNelly73

~Beacon Auditorium~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

The dance was nice and relaxing now especially with my new relationships with both Weiss Schnee and Pyrrha Nikos. I can say I am happy with the life I have right now. I only wish... My only wish was to see my mom once again. Every day I am here, I can't help but wonder what happened to my mother, but for some reason I feel like she's still alive somewhere. I shook my head as I was still dancing with Liara and she noticed my shake.

"(Y/N), is something wrong?" Liara asked my concerned.

"It's nothing, but..." I replied. "I can't help but feel like my mother is still alive somewhere. None of that right now. Let's enjoy this night."

"Agreed, but I'm sure every one of us will help," Liara said to me. "Once we have settled away with Roman and the White Fang's operation in Vale, we'll help in any way we can. Plus, I'm taking your advice and bringing back the Shadow Broker. It'll take time for me to acquire enough men, but once then, I'll have them scour across Remnant for any and all information."

"In that case, Kasumi will help in that endeavor," I added. "I'll tell Kasumi later on."

"Kasumi Goto is here?" Liara asked.

"Yes, do you know how I get some of the information I received?" I asked her. Liara took a moment and realized Kasumi was always the one getting the information for me. "Don't worry, Liara, when the Shadow Broker comes back, you're my main girl for information. Kasumi can be one of your agents, the best in fact."

"Interesting idea, think Kasumi will agree to it?" Liara questioned.

"I think it will take some convincing, but I think she'll agree to it," I replied. "She did give us the information regarding the fake transcripts of Team CMNE. Now, let's continue this dance, shall we?"

Liara agreed as we continued to dance until I heard the doors open and I saw General Ironwood, Ruby, Garrus, and...

"Thane?" I questioned in thought. "Thane, it can't be..."

"Everyone, return to your dorms!" Ironwood called out to everyone. "The party is over!"

I walked over with Liara and Shepard with Glynda in tow.

"James, what's going on?" Ozpin asked Ironwood.

"Someone has infiltrated the CCT," Ironwood replied. "We need all the students to return to their dorms. The STG and Aralakh Company have already been scouting around for the intruder."

"Very well," Ozpin agreed and turned to us. "Everyone, please, return to your dorms and lock the doors until this matter is resolved."

Everyone soon walked out the auditorium. I gestured the security to assist and escort everyone to their dorms. I walked over to Garrus and Thane as Ruby left with Weiss, Blake, and Yang.

"Garrus, what happened?" I asked him.

"It's as the General said," Garrus replied. "Someone infiltrated the CCT, but Ruby and I, with Thane, fought against the infiltrator, but she tampered with the console and placed a virus. Once the General entered, the woman vanished."

"I see..." I said as I turned to Thane. "Thane, is that really you?"

"Yes, Commander, it is," Thane replied and I was happy to see my old friend once again. "I heard you were given a promotion. Congratulations are in order, but as Garrus said the infiltrator was a woman and she placed a virus into the system. I had EDI be sent over towards the Tower to investigate the virus."

"Good work, we'll need to know what the virus intends to infect," I agreed with Thane. "Regardless, it's good to see you again Thane."

"It is good to see you as well, Cmdr.," Thane greeted me. "Kolyat is here as well."

"Is he now?" I asked. "I can see about Ozpin having a dorm set aside for both you and Kolyat for the time being."

"That would be appreciated, Cmdr." Thane said as he bowed slightly. I looked over at Ozpin and gestured towards Thane and Ozpin nods his head. I headed out with my team SPRD, and with Thane and the others back to our dorms, but I had escorted not only Thane, but also Kolyat, towards the temporary dorm Ozpin messaged me for them. I had some small talk with both Thane and Kolyat and it was nice catching up with the two. After settling the two into their dorm, I went back into my dorm with my team and slept the night away with Liara and Tali, since everyone else had to go into their dorms for the night.

~Timeskip to Next Day, Near CCT~
*Ruby Rose POV*

It was the next day after the incident with the woman at the CCT. At first, I was in my team's dorm until I was called into Professor Ozpin's office with Garrus and Thane. The three entered the elevator and I decided to press all the buttons in the elevator. I saw both Garrus and Thane look at me.

"Really, Ruby?" Garrus asked me.

"Honestly..." Thane spoke under his breath.

"What?" I asked them and they just shook their heads as the elevator doors opened at every floor.

~Ozpin's Office~
*Narrator POV*

Inside the office of Headmaster Ozpin, we find not only him, but General Ironwood, Glynda Goodwitch, and Retired General Septimus. During this little meeting, Ironwood begins railing regarding last night's infiltration.

"They were here..." Ironwood began as he slams his fist onto Ozpins desk while raising his voice. "Ozpin, they were here!"

This, in return, makes Ozpin cover his head with his hands.

"We're very much aware of that!" Glynda tells Ironwood as Septimus stood next to her. "Thank you, James."

"Fantastic! You're aware!" Ironwood sarcastically says while throwing his hands up. "Now are we going to do something about it, or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!"

"General, please, calm yourself," Septimus tries calming Ironwood. "You cannot think properly if you are acting in this manner."

Ironwood was about to reply to Septimus until an alert sound was made indicating someone arrived at the elevator.

"Come in." Ozpin told whoever was in the elevator. Emerging from said elevator was none other than Ruby, Garrus, and Thane from last night. The four turned towards the trio as the entered.

"Sorry it took so long," Ruby first spoke up. "Someone accidentally pressed all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here."

Ruby briefly pauses for a moment after explaining a bit.

"It wasn't me." Ruby added. Thane shakes his head while Garrus points at Ruby before looking at Septimus.

"Septimus, good to see you again." Garrus greeted the former Turian General.

"And to you as well, Garrus." Septimus agreed and returned the greeting.

"Thank you for coming Ruby, Garrus, and Thane, was it?" Ozpin asked as he turned to Thane. Thane nods and Ozpin returns his gaze onto Ruby. "How are you all feeling?"

"Okay, I guess," Ruby replied. "I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three."

Silence filled the room, unamused by Ruby's apparent joke.

"Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it." Ruby says as she rubs the back of her head. Garrus pats Ruby's shoulder as Ironwood comes forward.

"Ruby, Garrus, I feel it's appropriate to let you both know that what you both did last night is exactly what being a Huntsman and Huntress is all about," Ironwood told the two as he placed his hands on their shoulders. "You both recognized a threat, you both took action, and you both did the very best you could."

"Thank you, Sir." Ruby thanked Ironwood for his words.

"Thanks for the words, General." Garrus thanked as well.

"And you, Thane, you fought the infiltrator," Ironwood later spoke to Thane. "You may not be a Huntsman, but you also took action. You did very well."

"Appreciated, General." Thane thanked Ironwood.

"Now, the General here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night," Ozpin spoke grabbing their attention. "But now that you three have rested, we were wondering if you three have anything to add."

"Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?" Glynda then asks afterwards.

"I... I don't know," Ruby replied. "She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to us, but I know she fought with glass."

"It wasn't her Semblance, from what we could see," Garrus added. "The woman's clothing lit up as if she was fire whenever she attacked. She was able to summon swords and later combined them together into a bow and fired arrows at us."

"Save for the glass," Glynda thought out loud. "That sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby."

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique," Ironwood mentioning the old technique. "It could have been anyone."

"Wait, you think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby asked. Soon everyone was in thought.

"It's possible," Ozpin said while holding his chin. "But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together."

"Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout or something in the Southeast," Ruby "mentioned" a little information. "Just outside the kingdom."

"Interesting..." Ozpin says as he smirks a bit.

"I thought you said the intruder never--" Glynda was about to question until she was interrupted by Ozpin.

"Thank you for you cooperation, Ruby. Why don't you go and spend some time with your team? You have a big day ahead of you," Ozpin told Ruby until the buzzer rang once again. "Come in."

Entering the room, both (Y/N) and EDI enter as Ruby was excited to see her brother.

"Big Brother!" Ruby shouted as she rushed over to him and hung from his arm. "Did you miss me? Did you miss me?"

"Red Reaper, it's only been a few hours," (Y/N) replied until he chuckled and patted his sister's hair. "Of course, now and always, Ruby."

"Commander, EDI," Ozpin spoke. "Glad you two could make it. Now, Miss Rose, please try and be... discreet about this matter."

"Yes sir," Ruby said to Ozpin before leaving. "See ya, Big Brother!"

Ruby walks away as (Y/N) gestures Garrus to follow in suite. Garrus nods and salutes as he walks away. Leaving Ozpin, Ironwood, Glynda, Septimus, Thane, (Y/N), and EDI in the room.

Meanwhile, Ruby and Garrus head back towards RWBY's Dorm. As Ruby opened the door, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and the rest of Team NMDY and SPRD notice the door open as Weiss, Blake, and Yang zoom in onto Ruby and Garrus.

"What happened?" Yang asked the two.

"Uh... well, um..." Ruby replies as she gave out a nervous chuckle.

*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

As Ruby left, it was just the seven of us in Ozpin's office as Ironwood spoke up while looking out the window.

"Well there we have it," Ironwood speaks up. "We send as many troops as we can into the Southeast, find out exactly what's going on, and eradicate any forces that stand in our way."

"Why must your answer to everything involve a triumphant display of military bravado?!" Glynda growled in frustration "You treat every situation like it's a contest of measuring di--!"

"Glynda!" Ozpin interrupted Glynda before she could finish as he turns his chair around.

"Well, he does." Glynda adds as I raise my hand.

"I agree with this situation." I agreed with Glynda.

"As do I." Thane agreed as well. EDI nods as she raised her hand.

"I apologize General, but I also agree with Ms. Goodwitch," Septimus agreed. "General, you must consider once you send a large army into one location, it would cause a panic amongst the public. That is a sign you do not want, even if it was for the sake for the people. Do not forget going with said action wouldn't be seen in a good light with the Council."

"They're right," Ozpin agreed with all of us. "As much as I too would love to end this situation once and for all, we must remember this may go beyond Vale, beyond Beacon, and if this truly is part of some master plan for which we know not the final move, we mustn't be so bold, and as Septimus said, we cannot risk the spread of panic."

"I have served you faithfully for years..." Ironwood tells Ozpin. "But if you mean to tell me that your plan is to really hold the defense and wait--!"

"It is not!" Ozpin interrupts Ironwood while getting up from his chair.

"Let me ask you this, General," I spoke up while approaching the General. "When preparing for war, who do you send first? The flag bearers, or the scouts? I already know the answer, and as a General, you should too."

"Ozpin, who is this boy?" Ironwood questioned.

"James, this... This Commander (Y/N) Rose. Remnant's Spectre, and a very powerful young man," Ozpin replied as Ironwood looked me over as I did with him. "I suggest you take him seriously, James, he may look like a young man, but he won't hesitate to eliminate his enemies. We all have seen his feats in action, and I fully support him."

"So... This young man, is the "Commander" you spoke of, Ozpin?" Ironwood asked once again.

"I sense you are in disbelief, General," I said while staring at Ironwood. "Are you in denial with the idea of Spectres?"

"No one should have more power than the military." Ironwood tells me while getting into my face.

"Well guess what, General," I replied while giving him the same stare. "Get used to the idea. The Valean Council agreed and soon Vacuo and Mistral will agree. I doubt Atlas would say anything since I heard what dealings Atlas makes."

"That is enough, you two," Ozpin said while getting in between us. "James, like it or not, the Spectres are reinstated. Cmdr. Rose, I ask you give James the respect as a General."

"That is fine," I agreed. "I will give General Ironwood respect as a General, but respect as an individual is something else."

"Fine, I guess I can live with that idea, even if I don't like it." Ironwood reluctantly agreed. We both briefly shook hands.

"Good, now," Ozpin says while looking towards me. "Cmdr. Rose, has EDI found anything regarding the "virus" Thane found."

"Yes, we have," I replied while turning towards EDI. "EDI?"

"Yes, Cmdr.," EDI replied and walked forward. "The virus that was installed into the console is indeed a virus. I analyzed the programming, and it reconfigures the friend-and-foe protocols within any and all Atlas mechs. Both the Atlesian Knight-200's and the Atlesian Paladin-290's would target all civilians instead of enemies of either Grimm or otherwise."

"What?!" Ironwood yelled in fury. "I suggest that we remo--!"

"Wait!" I interrupted the General from his idea.

"What is it, Cmdr.?" Ozpin asked.

"If we remove the current virus right now, the person who placed the virus to begin with will know it's gone and have the original creator of the virus to make a newer one with more firewalls to prevent deletion," I said which proved a good point. "However, I have a better idea."

"And that is?" Glynda asked me.

"We keep the virus in the system," I replied, and I saw the General about to go at me. "But we rewrite the virus that it would only disable the mechs. That way no casualties would be met if this virus were to be activated."

"Hmm... That could work and less chance making Atlas seem like the main instigator." Ironwood said out loud.

"EDI, can you rewrite the virus's programming making it only to disable the mechs once activated?" I asked EDI.

"It wouldn't be a problem, Cmdr.," EDI replied. "I can also mask the reprogramming making it seem the virus would intend to do its original purpose."

"Good, EDI, get to work on that right away." I told EDI.

"Yes, Cmdr." EDI replied and walked away. I looked back onto everyone else.

"The woman I fought had short raven hair and amber colored eyes," Thane gave a brief description on the infiltrator. "She seemed well versed in combat, especially when she was left with hand-to-hand combat."

"Sounds like that Cinder Falls chick, perhaps it was her," I thought to myself as I looked at Ozpin. "So, Professor, what now?"

"For now, we wait until we see what the enemy has planned next," Ozpin replied. "Regarding the tournament, I would like Teams NMDY and SPRD with Zaheed, Jacob, Mordin, and Thane act as extra security when the tournament takes place."

"That we can do, Professor," I agreed. "Now, if that is all, I should return to my team and my sisters. Professor Ozpin, Goodwitch. Septimus. General Ironwood. Have a good day. Thane, let's go."

"Yes, Cmdr." Thane agreed as left with me into the elevator. I took one more glance at Ironwood as he did with me. Once the doors closed, Thane spoke to me. "Don't trust the General?"

"I can recognize him for his accomplishments as a General, but I don't necessarily trust him as an individual," I replied as the elevator opened and both Thane and I walked out into the courtyard. "Ironwood, I can tell, has a good heart but his military bravado, just now, was annoying at the least."

"True, but he does have good intentions," Thane said which I did agree on. "I could tell from his vocal tone and phrasing of his words."

I couldn't help but agree, but that remains to be seen. I walked with Thane until we got towards RWBY's dorm, and I heard everyone talking. Probably what Ruby told Ozpin and the General.

"That was a risky move." Weiss's voice told Ruby.

"No, I think you handled it well." Blake's voice came into the picture.

"Agreed," Liara's voice was heard. "You should be proud of yourself, Ruby. I'm sure (Y/N) is too."

"I hope so." Ruby said as I entered with Thane.

"I do think you handled it well, even though I came later into the picture," I said as I patted Ruby's head. "Be more proud of yourself, Ruby."

"I'm sure everything will be alright, Ruby." Yang added as she patted Ruby's shoulder.

"Yeah, everything will be okay." Tali agreed with Yang until she mentioned something else.

"Oh! I know what will cheer you up!" Yang told Ruby as she walked over to a cylindrical package on the table.

"What's that?" Ruby asked as I was curious as everyone else.

"I don't know," Yang replied as she grabbed the package. "Dad sent it to us. Plus, I've been hearing weird noises coming from our bathroom."

"Your bathroom?" I questioned as I looked at the door and I heard noises coming from there. "What the hell is in there?"

"No idea," Yang replied. "Been happening since the package came."

"And you never bothered to check it out?" Shepard questioned as I walked closer to the door.

"Well, I thought Little Bro can handle it while Ruby and I open the package Dad sent us." Yang replied as I rolled my eyes.

"How did I end up with the short ass stick?" I asked as Ruby jingled the jar in my face.

"Double it, Big Brother." Ruby told me.

"Shit..." I said under my breath.

"TRIPLE IT!" Ruby yelled as I placed the triple amount of Lien into the jar.

"I really hate that jar." I said.

"Then stop swearing." Ruby said to me as I held up more Lien.

"If you've been through the shit I went through, you'd be cussing up a fucking storm like me." I told Ruby and placed more Lien into the jar.

"I'm going to be rich at this pace." Ruby said while looking at the jar and shaking her head.

"Yeah, yeah. Open the package from dad while I risk my life opening this bathroom door.," I said while grabbing the door. "What's the worse I can see? Blake and Weiss's panties on the ceiling?"

"(Y/N)!!!" I heard Weiss and Blake yell my name. I turned to them, and they held bright blushes on their faces.

"What?" I asked them as they turned away. "Okay... Let's open them together... 1... 2... 3!"

Yang opened the package as a single grey roll plopped onto the floor and it began moving until it formed into a dog, a corgi to be exact. Everyone looked at the dog with mixed reactions until it barked freaking everyone out.

"ZWEI!!!" Ruby screamed out in joy.

"He sent a dog?!" Blake, Tali, and Shepard yelled in unison.

"In the mail?!" Weiss, Miranda, and Liara finished the trio's question.

"Por que?!" Vega questioned how it was possible. Grunt and Wrex couldn't wrap their heads around it.

"The hell was that? And who is that?" I asked.

"Oh, this is Zwei," Yang replied as Ruby was cuddling the dog. "We got him some time after you and mom... were gone... Plus, our he does stuff like this all the time."

"Our dad... or the dog?" I asked while noticing Blake hanging from Ruby's bed. I was wondering why Blake was acting like that, but I figured it was her cat side acting up from the sight of Zwei. "Anyways... Time to see what's in your guys' bathroom."

I opened the door, and I was tackled onto the floor by a creature and landed near Ruby, Yang, and Weiss's feet.

"Big Brother! Are you okay?!" Ruby asked worried about me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What tackled me?" I asked as I looked up and saw a very familiar creature, especially from Tuchanka. "Wait... Is that..."

"A VARREN?!" Everyone minus RWBY yelled in shock.

"A what now?" Blake asked curious and confused.

"They're from our planet, Tuchanka," Wrex replied. "Think of them as our war beasts, but (Y/N) here had a pet that he bought some time ago. A retired champion of the Varren fighting pits."

I looked at the Varren once again and it was my pet...

"URZ!!!" I yelled as Urz was licking my face like crazy. I was laughing since I hadn't seen my favorite Varren in such a long time. "Urz, I'm so glad you're here!"

"Are you telling me that this mangy, drooling mutt is going to wiv wif us forever? Oh yes, he is! Yes, he is! Oh! Isn't he adorable!" Weiss started to go lovey-dovey on the dog. I looked down at Urz and shrugged my shoulders and he gave a grunting sound.

"Please keep it away from my belongings," Blake said referring to Zwei until she looked at Urz. "Him however... Is he trained?"

"Of course, he is," I replied as I pet Urz's head. "Urz is a good boy, right buddy?"

Urz gave a barking sound while wagging his tail. I chuckled and petted his head again. I saw Ruby coming close with Zwei.

"Zwei, this is my big brother and Yang's little brother, (Y/N) Rose," Ruby introduced Zwei to me. "Big Brother, this is Zwei!"

"Nice to meet you, Zwei," I greeted the corgi. I held my hand out for him to sniff it as he did and licked my hand. "Good boy."

Soon after, Ruby was introducing Zwei to everyone else and Zwei was loving everyone. Urz went over to Yang and Weiss and the two pet his head.

"Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheater?" We all heard Glynda's voice over the intercom.

"Well, we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for a week," Weiss said as Zwei hopped down from Ruby's arms and ran over underneath Blake. Urz saw Blake's discomfort and picked up Zwei by his collar and placed him somewhere else. "That is one smart Varren."

"He can be if he wants to." I said as Yang pulled out a letter.

"Look! There's a letter," Yang says as she pulls out the letter. ""Dear Girls and Son, I've got to leave the island for a few days, so I'm sending Zwei to you three to take care of. Enclosed is all the food you should need. Love you three, Tai Yang. P.S. Son, I have heard what you said, and I want to meet both Garrus and Grunt later." LITTLE BRO!!!"

"BIG BROTHER!!!" Ruby yelled with Yang.

"What? Dad has to meet them all at some point." I told them.

"Still..." Yang said while holding a blush on her face with Ruby hiding under her hood. Yang shook her blush off as Zwei moves in front of Yang as multiple cans of food fall from the package, piling up around Zwei.

"Keelah, what are you all supposed to do with that?!" Tali asked amazed by the cans the came out from the package. I was trying to figure out how dad managed to not only fit Zwei, but the multitude of cans of food and the can opener drops down and bounced off Zwei's head.

"By the Goddess... Is that enough food?" Liara asked which I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, that settles it!" Yang says as she walks away. "Come on, guys, Zwei and Urz will be here when we get back... Wait, what does Urz eat?"

"Varren are omnivores but prefer live prey," I replied as both Yang and Ruby grew concerned for Zwei. "Oh, relax you two. Urz won't eat Zwei. Actually, the two are actually becoming great friends. See?"

We all looked down and saw Zwei on top of Urz's head as he was laying down. Yang shrugged her shoulders and left followed by Weiss cooing Zwei.

"Oh, I'll miss you so much. We're going to be best friends. I can't wait to see you again!" Weiss cooed Zwei and left, but Blake was still unmoved. I walked over and tapped my shoulders and Blake hopped onto my shoulders as we left, but I called for Urz and he followed. Soon after, I left with Blake on my shoulders followed by my team and SPRD.

~Beacon Amphitheater~

We arrived at the amphitheater, and I noticed Ruby was carrying a large backpack. I was about to ask her what she needed that bag for, but Glynda started the speech with Ozpin next to her.

"Quiet, quiet please," Glynda told everyone as Ruby set her bag down next to the various other bags. Ruby then regrouped with us as we stood in front of JNPR. I sent a wave to Pyrrha, and she returned the wave while blowing a kiss towards me. "Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin."

"Today we stand together, united. Mistral, Atlas, Vacuo, Vale... The four kingdoms of Remnant," Professor Ozpin began his speech. "On this day, nearly 80 years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression."

I looked towards my team and SPRD wondering what war Ozpin meant.

"A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with who..." Ozpin continued his speech. "But the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons. One of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self-expression, and as you are well aware, that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: Color. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression but neither would the generations to come and it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together, united but this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first-year students, you'll be tasked not only with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress on a mission, but also with a random Asari, Turian, Krogan, or Salarian specialist, maybe perhaps... a Council Spectre, on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week, but no matter which path you choose. Remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best."

Everyone soon claps and each team from each kingdom heads over to the board to look up the shadowing missions.

"This is perfect!" Ruby squealed in excitement. "All we have to do is shadow a Huntsman working in the Southeast."

"Yeah, we'll follow them by day and give them the slip at night!" Yang agreed while pumping a fist.

"I don't think it'll be that easy you four," I said while looking at them. "You heard Ozpin, not only would we shadow a Huntsman/Huntress, but also an Asari, Turian, Krogan, or Salarian specialist. Hell, maybe a Council Spectre, if you're lucky."

"True, but we should check "Search and Destroy."" Weiss agreed with me but suggested the idea. SPRD went ahead but was pulled aside by Ozpin as he was speaking to them, probably about a special mission for them. Myself, NMDY, and RWBY headed over to the hologram screen and saw "Search and Destroy."

"Here we go! Quadrant 5 needs Grimm cleared out." Ruby read the mission.

"Well, it is in the Southeast." Blake mentioned.

"True, but would the mission allow you four to go?" Liara questioned as Ruby typed their team name as it was unavailable for first-year students. "Yeah, I figured that much."

"Well, shit..." I muttered under my breath.

"Wonderful." Weiss agreed while rolling her eyes.

"You four have any other ideas?" Tali questioned RWBY.

"We mail ourselves there!" Ruby suggested.

"Acting like your dad already?" Garrus questioned remembering dad mailing Zwei to us. I looked over at Urz as he nuzzled my leg.

"Well, that's one option," We heard Ozpin's voice as he came walking towards us. "Unfortunately, we determined that the concentration of Grimm was too extreme for first-year students. Except for Teams NMDY and SPRD, even as first-years, they could take the mission. It seems that particular region is rather popular. In fact, I have the sneaking suspicion that the four of you, RWBY, will make your way there no matter which job you choose."

As Ozpin said that, we all turned our gaze onto Ruby who was smiling and rubbing the back of her head nervously.

"Whatever makes you say that?" Ruby asked while acting innocent and unsucpicious.

"I'm still curious as to how you all found yourselves at the docks last semester, while meeting up with the arrival of SPRD," Ozpin stated the "suspicions" he had with us. "I'm interested to know how you really learned about a "hideout" in the Southeast, and I certainly wonder why witnesses report seeing robots and rose petals in a dance club some time ago. That with the added upgraded Cerberus Rampart Mechs lugging around a modified "Atlas" Mech suit that's right next to Aralakh Company's building."

"Umm... Well..." Ruby tried coming up with an answer as I nonchalantly whistled knowing that last part was directed towards me.

"I doubt I'll ever find the exact answers I'm looking for," Ozpin "denies" while looking at us. "So, how 'bout this: Instead of waiting for you all to break the rules..."

"Why not "bend" the rules?" I finished Ozpin's "suggestion."

"Precisely," Ozpin agreed as he pressed some buttons on his scroll as the hologram made some noises allowing RWBY to take on the mission. My team and I looked at each other wondering if this was the right call to make.

"We won't let you down," Ruby assured Ozpin. "Thank you, Professor."

"Do not thank me for this. Teamwork and persistence have carried you far, but you must understand, the things that await you beyond the protection of the kingdom will not care. Stay close to your Huntsman and Council Specialist at all times and do exactly as they say. They will be leading you on this mission, and they can have you sent back to Beacon if they find your skills to be unsatisfactory," Ozpin tells team RWBY as they walked off and it was just my team, myself, and Ozpin. "Now, Cmdr. Rose and NMDY, I have a proposition for you." 

"And that would be, Professor?" I asked.

"I know you wondered if it was the right call allowing me to "bend" the rules for Team RWBY, yes?" Ozpin asked.

"To be honest, yes." I replied.

"I had a feeling that were the case," Ozpin suspected. "Now, this proposition. Team NMDY will accompany Team RWBY as the "Specialist" with the Huntsman for the mission."

"Are you sure, Professor?" I questioned him.

"Yes, I am," Ozpin replied. "Not only would it consider your team shadowing a Huntsman, but both Teams NMDY and RWBY would have you as the "Specialist" since you are a Council Spectre."

I looked at my team as they agreed with nods.

"Very well, Professor," I agreed to the proposition. "Team NMDY will accompany Team RWBY on the Search and Destroy."

"Good, and don't play favorites now, Cmdr. Rose," Ozpin told me as he pressed some buttons on his scroll. "I sent word to the Huntsman for the mission, and... you can bring your... pet."

"Oh, right. Professor Ozpin, this is my pet Varren, Urz." I introduced Urz to Ozpin.

"Pleasure," Ozpin said while looking at us. "You all best be going now. Gear up and meet up with RWBY with the Huntsman."

We all nod and left towards out lockers and changed into our combat attire while grabbing out weapons.

"This will be easy," Garrus said while grabbing his sniper rifle. "We protect RWBY while continuing our investigation in the Southeast."

"Right, but I can only think about who the Huntsman we're supposedly shadowing." Tali said while making all of us wonder who it would be.

"We can only imagine who it is once we see them," I said while grabbing my ADS Rifle. "Okay, everyone ready?"

Everyone gave a nod as I closed the locker.

"Okay, let's get going." I told everyone. We made it out of the amphitheater as several students came rushing past us.

"Excuse me," Liara called out to one of the students. "What's everyone running for?"

"Team CFVY's back!" The student replied as she ran off.

"Team CFVY?" Grunt asked confused.

"Oh, that's Coco and Velvet's team, remember?" I replied. "We should meet up with them before meeting with RWBY."

"Right." Everyone agreed as we saw CFVY walking by and saw RWBY talking to Velvet. I looked over and called out to Coco.

"Hey, Coco!" I called her out and she saw me with my team.

"Oh, hello, handsome~" Coco greeted me as I chuckled. "Nice to see you again."

"Likewise, are you guys, okay?" I asked her.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, we're fine," Coco replied. "Nothing but a horde of Grimm."

"From what I heard from Weiss, your mission was supposed to end a week ago," Liara asked next. "What happened?"

"Well... There were WAY more Grimm than anticipated, but we pulled through," Coco replied. "Just... so damn many... Isn't today the day you first-years get to shadow a Huntsman?"

"Yes, but they added a "Specialist" varying from Asari, Turian, Salarian, or Krogan alongside Huntsmen and Huntresses this year." Garrus replied.

"Lucky you guys," Coco said while hinting a bit of jealously. "If only I could be a first-year again just to shadow a "Specialist." You guys are so lucky."

"True." Grunt replied.

"Well, we should go and rest," Coco said as she looked over at me. "Nice seeing you again, handsome. I'll tell Velv you said hi. See you around~"

Coco left but sent a wink my way. I shook my head and looked at my team.

"Well, she hasn't changed since then," I said as we watched CFVY walked away, but Velvet waved to me and I returned it. "Okay, guys. Let's meet up with RWBY and the Huntsman we're shadowing. I'm sure they're waiting for us."

We all headed down until we saw Team RWBY, but their expressions were shocked and stunned.

"Uhhh... Guys?" I called the out, but only Blake pointed her finger forward and we saw who the Huntsman we were shadowing was.

"Ahh, why hello girls, NMDY, and Cmdr. Rose!" The Huntsman greeted us and I couldn't believe who it was. "Who's ready to fight for their lives?"

It was none other than Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck...

"Well shit...." I said under my breath understanding RWBY's stunned expressions. "This is going to be a long mission..."

This is Commander (Y/N) Rose signing off......

________________________________________________________________________________----------------------------------------------- [End of Chapter 11] ----------------------------------------------________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3.4K 96
Living in a small town, far from any kingdoms radar, was a boy named y/n. He was just your average human boy with a loving family, and friendly neigh...
26.5K 613 16
{RWBY x Abused/Neglected/Betrayed Male Reader x Assassin's Creed: Valhalla} [BETA Series] Before the Raven Clan of Fornburg in Norway, enter the isla...
325K 4.3K 20
You were a huntsman-in-training and went to the infamous Beacon Academy. You were strong on your own, and you led a strong team with teammates who co...
2.1K 28 9
(Y/N) (L/N) has graduated from Signal Academy and is now going to Beacon Academy along with his little sister Desti (L/N). What will happened next on...