From Eden ↠ The Good Place

By starryeyedturtle

FROM EDEN | ❝Even the afterlife is a forking nightmare.❞ Despite her untimely death, Beth Ardon has to a... More

act one ; the good place
001 | welcome! everything is fine
002 | crème de la crème

introduction

460 38 134
By starryeyedturtle

FROM EDEN !
THE GOOD PLACE

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

AT LAST, BETH ARDON CAN RELAX — THE CATCH IS THAT SHE HAD TO DIE TO DO IT.

Informed by an elderly gentleman named Michael, she learns that she is indeed in her afterlife. Once she processes the shock of her untimely death, Beth finds that there is a lot to enjoy about this arrangement. She has her almost-perfect home, surrounded by compassionate and moral people, one of which is her dreamy, universe-approved soulmate. Jackpot! What's not to love?

It certainly beats her life on Earth. Beth does not miss the days of her small flat in a commuter town near London with noisy neighbours. Nor does she miss her dream-crushing job selling properties she can't afford to live in. Upon reflection, she could do without the occasional reunions with her brother who has his life completely together, not to mention the rest of her splintered family. She can't miss her car, because that broke down long ago, and there was certainly no soulmate-equivalent love of her life to hold her hand through the ups and downs... all this time, Beth has gotten by carrying it all on her own.

But not anymore. Because now, she is safe and sound in the Good Place. That should be a good thing... shouldn't it?

Then again, this is Beth Ardon — and things never run smoothly when it's her fate involved.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

( THE FORKING CAST )

STARRING...

CHARLOTTE RITCHIE as
BETHANY 'BETH' ARDON
❝Look, I just got into Heaven, so I'm
not gonna complain about the furniture.❞

DEV PATEL as
SANJAY THAKKAR
❝The universe led us here, one way
or another.❞

WITH...
KRISTEN BELL as ELEANOR SHELLSTROP
WILLIAM JACKSON HARPER as CHIDI ANAGONYE
JAMEELA JAMIL as TAHANI AL-JAMIL
MANNY JACINTO as JASON MENDOZA
TED DANSON as MICHAEL
D'ARCY CARDEN as JANET

&& THE GOOD PLACE CAST
AS THEMSELVES

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

WARNINGS
This story will explore themes of
life and death, the afterlife, mental health, divorce,
absent parents and may contain violence.
Reader discretion is advised.

(This list may be amended as the story progresses
and I have a better idea of the content)

DISCLAIMER
I do not own The Good Place or its characters, they
belong to the creator Michael Schur — this is a work of fanfiction.
I only own my characters and their storylines.

FOREWORD
I'm soooo excited for this fic! I have discovered that I actually really like writing fics for sitcoms, and The Good Place is one of my favourites, not only for being hilarious but also the subject matter it tackles. An incredible show from beginning to end. I just wish there were more fics on here for TGP, because I only found one a couple years ago and then it disappeared. This also might be my first fic (at the time of publishing) that features the main couple as an OCxOC pairing? Exciting stuff!

Prepare yourself for lots of chaos, crazy plot twists (had to be deliberately vague in the synopsis because of this) and maybe even some tears... this is going to be a wild ride. But for now, I hope you enjoy reading. Take it sleazy.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

DEDICATED TO
wishfuIthinking for being my biggest
cheerleader when it came to this fic! and of course,
anyone else who loves the good place.

STARTED: 26/01/2022
PUBLISHED: 08/03/2024
COMPLETED: TBA

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊

EVEN THE AFTERLIFE IS
A FORKING NIGHTMARE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
7.3K 554 16
in which, victor of the 68th hunger games becomes part of the rebellion fem oc x male oc ...
16.1K 666 9
ㅤ/ㅤ☆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❛ 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❜ ❫ ꗃㅤ 𓈃 ───── ❛ 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖽 ❜ ▐ × ❛ 𝗅𝖾𝗍'𝗌 𝗀𝗈 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗍, 𝗅...
313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc