sins and suits

By disastroussA

- đĨ𝐚𝐧𝐝đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐩đĢ𝐞đŦ𝐭đĸ𝐠đĸ𝐨𝐮đŦ đŖ𝐨𝐛 𝐚𝐧𝐝 đĻđ¨đ¯đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠đĢ𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐜đĸ𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 đŦ... More

0; prologue.
1; encounter.
2; introductions.
3; invitation.
4; preparations.
6; banquet, part one.
7; banquet, part two.
8; chamomile.
9; inclination.
10; dinner.
11; moonlight.
12; time.
13; jealousy.
14; pearls.
15; privacy.
16; conference, part one.
17; conference, part two.
18; magath.
19; epiphany.
20; departure.
21; acquainted.
22; exile.
23; reputation.

5; darling.

5.2K 182 731
By disastroussA

"You wanted to see me?"

"Sit." Levi says, motioning his hands towards the chair in front of his desk. He didn't look up at you, but instead just finished signing some papers.

i'm not a dog, asshole.

You sit down, nervously patting your skirt as you wait for him to speak. You have no clue as to why you were here right now, and Levi was an incredibly hard person to read. Eye are windows to the soul — yet his were a mysterious, expressionless pit waiting to be discovered by you.

"Although birdsnest's idea was horrible, you were extremely out of line today." Levi's sullen face looks at you. You find yourself staring at his features, his eyebrows somehow being naturally furrowed, the way his eyelids are slightly hollowed just enough for you to still see those grey eyes...

fuck stop that y/n.

"If you expect me to apologize, I'm not going to," you protested, straightening your posture.

"Didn't expect you to."

"You didn't?"

"No. Doesn't seem like you." He sighs as he takes a sip from his tea, crossing his hands on the table after.

"Hm." you reply, followed by a moment of brief silence, "So why am I here, Sir?"

"Impatient are we? ," he murmured, his tone being slightly playful. His comment caught you off guard, being the first time he showed some emotion towards you since that night, "I wanted to ask you two things; the first one is if you plan on attending the banquet?"

His comment was surprising — why wouldn't you go? You gave him a confused face, "Yes I am, is there something wrong with that?" you said, a bit more defensively than you planned to.

"Not at all, Ms. L/n, just curious," he remarked, raising his eyebrows a bit, "Could care less if you are on the defensive today, don't give me that tone. Understood?" His voice deepened all of a sudden.

You opened your mouth to speak, but ultimately just pressed your lips together. A part of you wanted to argue back, but you swallowed your pride for the sake of your job. You mumble, "Yes, sir" as you lift your face, looking straight into Levi's eyes.

Yes, Sir.

Sir.

That was all Levi could hear, your beautiful voice saying that again and again and again in his mind.

Averting his eyes from you, he clears his throat, "Right well, the second one isn't a question, but more of an order. You'll be grabbing coffee with me Monday morning."

HUH?

"I'm sorry?"

"Didn't know you were deaf Ms. L/n."

"I'm sorry I don't think I heard you right ... you want to get coffee together ... Monday morning?"

"What I just said," He deadpans.

"Why?" you ask, trying to make sense of what the fuck is going on.

"Because I said so," He insisted, "That was all, see you here at 6 am."

"Wai-"

"You're dismissed, get out." he says sipping his tea one more time, and getting back to signing papers.

You sat for a moment with your mouth open, slowly processing what just happened. You got up and made your way to the door, your ankle rolling.

"Fuck! Stupid heels," you hissed, rubbing your ankle.

"Language."

"Sorry," you muttered as you close the door behind you.

i want to die.

-

"Work is killing me! and Floch is not making it any better" Sasha groans as she walks into the break room, plopping down on the couch beside you. One of the great things about Ackerman Inc. is that there are dedicated "wind-down" times throughout the day where you can just take time to relax in the many break rooms. You give Sasha an empathetic smile while icing your now swollen ankle.

"Y/n you were badass at the meeting, his face was priceless!" Connie laughs, sitting down at the table. Jean scolded him for praising you, clearly not amused by your acts of today.

"Pretty immature if you ask me," Jean scoffed, giving you a side-eye.

"Good thing I didn't," you argued back, crossing your arms and closing your eyes as you laid back on the couch, "Just said what we were all thinking."

"That's for sure," Eren chimes in as he walks into the breakroom with Mikasa and Armin following along, "So, are we all going to the banquet?" Everyone hums in agreement. 

"I wonder what other companies are going?" Armin asks curiously. No one was as excited for this banquet as much as him. Well, maybe Hange.

"Yeager Enterprises for sure, I mean that's our biggest competitor," Jean says, glancing at Eren who furrowed his brows at the mention. 

"Yeager?" you repeat intrigued, sitting back up. 

"Yup, smartass over here comes from a pretty loaded family, they own Yeager Enterprises — also known as Ackerman Inc.'s biggest competition since 2013," Jean explains nonchalantly.

"I had no idea.... so why don't you work there, Eren? No offense." Sasha asks.

"I've always been associated with my family's company... I hate it," Eren explained, his voice suddenly changing to a more serious tone, "I wanted to make it out on my own and most importantly— do things freely." 

You started at Eren for a bit, analyzing him and wondering why he got so tense at the mention of his family. There was an awkward tension in the room, one that was eerie in a sense.

"Okayyyy," Connie says changing the topic, "What do you guys say we all go out one night to a bar, huh? He smirks and wraps his arm around Jean.

"Ooooo I'm so down! Y'all know any good places around here?" Sasha exclaims.

"I do. I think the name is Titan's Tavern, it's downtown." Mikasa comments as she scrolls on her phone. "When is everyone free?"

"How about Friday?" you suggest. Work has definitely taken a toll on all of you guys, so what better way to end the week off with some drinks, right?

Everyone agrees. "So it's settled, see you guys on Friday" 

-

"Alright kiddos, looks like we are done for the week! See you guys on Saturdayyyy!" Hange says as they dismiss us, skipping out of the room.

Friday rolled around pretty quickly. You let out a sigh and get up from your desk, relieved the week has come to an end. This week was all about preparing everything for the showcase on Saturday. Armin and you took initiative on project SAWNEY, which was undoubtedly the biggest project of the three. Although you were proud of the work you have contributed, you were also glad you wouldn't have to present this at the banquet — Hange and Moblit would be taking care of that.

"See you guys later, at 8 right?" you ask Mikasa, Armin, and Eren who were walking out as well. "Yup! See you then Y/n" Eren answers, waving goodbye.

You meet up with Pieck at the parking lot and get inside the car. She was inside, smiling at her screen as she waited for you. 

"Who got you smiling like that?" you ask her playfully as you sat inside the car. You surprised her as she jumped a bit, her cheeks slightly pink.

"You scared me!" she laughs, "I've been texting this girl I met at the coffee shop the other day," she blushes as she shows you a picture of her. She was tall with short blonde hair, and a very intimidating presence that was felt through the screen.

"She is cute Pieck," you agree with her, "Invite her out tonight."

"I did, but she says she's busy tonight; I guess she works for a tech company too, they'll be attending the banquet tomorrow."

"Really? Seems like you have a lot in common already," you smile at her. You were happy for Pieck. She hasn't been open to dating for a while since coming to terms with her sexuality, but this girl was bringing her out of her shell already.

You both finally arrived home, and you immediately did your normal after-work routine; you kicked out heels off, greeted kuroo, took a long shower, changed into comfy clothes, and the best part of all, took a nap.

goodbye for the next hour, world

-

"Y/n wake up! We gotta get ready" Pieck shakes you as you wake up. She was wearing a white slip-on babydoll dress. She straightened her pretty black hair and sat on the side of your bed to put on her black heels.

"You look so good, Pieck," you say rubbing your eyes and yawning, "Fuck, what time is it!?"

"7:30. Hurry up lazy" she says as she flicks your forehead.

You immediately jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready. Since you didn't have much time, you pulled your hair back in a slick ponytail. You kept the makeup natural, letting the eyeliner, lashes, and lip gloss stand out. You ran back to your room and threw on a baby blue bustier top, a leather skirt, and your favorite pair of black leather strappy heels. You wore your gold necklace that has your initials on it and were ready to go.

"I will never understand how you get ready so damn fast Y/n." Pieck laughs as she grabs her car keys, "Let's go have some fun."

Pieck pulls up to Titan's Tavern and as you got out, your felt your heart stop for a second.

I know this place, all too well.

"You okay hun?" Pieck asks turning around to see you had stopped walking.

"Yea I'm fine," you give her a smile, "Let's go in."

Titans Tavern was huge. There were a bunch of drunks, loud music, and even pool tables and darts. You were looking around to find your group, eventually finding them at a round table near the backdoor.

"Hey guys- wow, Y/n you look hottttt!" Connie slurs his words as he leans against Jean, who elbows him at his comment, "You fucking lightweight, how are you drunk already!? We just got here."

"Hey Y/n!!! We've been waiting for youuuu!" Sasha lunges towards you and wraps her arms around your neck, "Okayyy, I think you're done for tonight Sash," you say, sitting her down at a nearby chair.

A tall, blonde guy approaches you, "Don't think we've formally met. I'm Reiner, this is Annie and Marco. We're interns at Ackerman Inc." he reaches his hand towards you.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." you shake his hand. He gives you an intense stare and a smile that is almost as fake as his tone.

i'm getting weird vibes from him...

"Alright Y/n, your first drink is on me. Pick your poison." Eren approaches you, smirk on his face waiting for your answer. He wore a leather jacket and an army green shirt, his hair slicked back in his usual man-bun. Behind him was Mikasa, who whore a black slip dress with a leather jacket and boots, and Armin, who whore jeans and a white button-up.

"Hmmm, in honor of you paying... I'll have a jaegerbomb." you tilt your head smiling, immediately regretting you said that. "Oof, starting off strong. Coming right up," he leaves to go get your drink.

You sit down at the table next to Armin and Mikasa, who were drinking tequila. Sasha was "dancing" with a very drunk Connie, while Jean was babysitting them, clearly pissed off. You couldn't help but laugh at the sight of it. Pieck was playing pool with Reiner, Annie, and Marco. You figured she knew them well since they worked in the same department.

"Here you go, cheers," Eren hands you your drink and you both chug it at the same time, "Excited for tomorrow?" he asks, sitting next to you.

"Yea I am, actually," you reply, resting your face on your hand, "Can't wait to see how people will react to project SAWNEY,"  you gleamed with excitement.

"You and Armin are total geniuses, the people are going to love it," Eren praises you, "Hey Y/n, I heard you're going to the banquet with Jean," Mikasa interrupts Eren, finishing her tequila as she stares at you.

"You are?," Eren asks, his face showing confusion, "Thought horse face hated you," he mutters. "I thought so too," You chuckle, "But yea I am, doesn't hurt to reconcile I guess."

"I guess," Eren mutters again, leaving to go hang out with Pieck and the others.

is he mad at me? gosh, I need to pee.

A few hours pass by, and everyone is pretty much wasted and ready to go home. Sasha is laying on top of a passed-out Connie, and Jean lifts them both up. "Taking these two idiots home, bye guys. Y/n, I'll pick you up tomorrow okay?"

"Okay, bye-bye," you wave at him, giving him a gentle smile. 

"We're leaving too. Have a goodnight guys, tonight was fun." Eren says as he gets up, avoiding eye contact with you. Pieck makes her way towards you and grabs her purse. "You ready to go babes?" she asks you, putting her now oily hair up. 

"Yea, gimme a sec, gonna go pay for my tab," you reply, and she nods. You adjust your skirt as you get off of the chair and make your way to the bartender, whose face is very familiar.

"We meet again" you chuckle, "Came to pay for my tab."

"Why hello miss long island," the bartender teases you, wiping down the table, "You're in luck, it's paid for again."

Your eyes widen, "Really, by who?" you ask, then turning your head to the side, slowly reliving a certain moment once again.

There he was. White button-up, slightly buttoned down. Grey eyes gazing. Gazing right into your soul, slowly trailing down to your plump lips, your exposed collarbones, and the rest of your beautiful body. Studying every single detail. You almost felt naked.

Levi finishes up his whiskey, and this time he gets up from his chair. He makes his way to you, and leans in to whisper into your ear,

"We should stop meeting like this, Darling."

-

This was a long chapter HAHA, but thank you for 100 reads! I appreciate it so much🥺

Don't forget to vote! 💞(tbh not sure what that does but still LMAO)

Also, started a new Jean Fic, check it out :) as always, Thanks for reading <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805K 19.5K 20
Although you'd hoped for it, you'd never expected to see your one night stand again. At least, until fate gives you a giant 'fuck you' and and he's y...
36.2K 1.2K 13
- đĢ𝐞𝐭𝐮đĢ𝐧đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞đĢ 𝐡𝐨đĻ𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞đĢ đŦđžđ¯đžđ§ 𝐲𝐞𝐚đĢđŦ, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 đĻ𝐮đŦ𝐞'đŦ 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡 đĨ𝐞𝐚𝐝đŦ 𝐡𝐞đĢ đĢđĸ𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭īŋŊ...
7.1K 116 50
"Listen to me. Life is cruel and unfair. It only gives you one chance, so don't fuck it up." ~ (Levi Ackerman X Reader) (Y/n) ha...
149 7 8
After leaving a dead-end job, not-so-optimistic Y/N tries to settle in at a new job at Ackerman Publishers. After finally finding peace and a sense o...