Dysphoria

By four20pm

This series's main focus is on black teens, college students, and young adults. Each chapter is a different c... More

TRIGGER WARNING
Give me Mercy
Where's Derek?
A little faith in Ivanna
Give it up for Michael
Tanna wanna man
Devonte plays god
All i need is an Angel

Characters - Introduction

4 0 0
By four20pm

!!Please read through these carefully before you start your chapters!!

Mercy Rodriguez, 17, 5'2
From: San Diego, California.

Follow Mercy's story, she's been with her boyfriend Terrell for over 7 months. Her friends: Alexis, Jaden, and Tasha decide to have a beach night. Mercy ends her night beautifully with Terrell, but everything in Mercy's life unfolds a week after the beach night and ends in a tragic event between her best friend and herself. This story is about betrayal and trust.

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

Sexual assault, underage drinking, violence, murder, Vulgar language, drugs, and domestic violence.

Derek Chambers, 21, 6'3
From: Memphis, Tennesse

Derek is all about his money, getting it in any way he can. His friend Xavier put him on game and he's been gettin' it ever since. Derek is about to miss Valentine's Day with his girlfriend, Sasha whom he's madly in love with. Will he make it back from his mission in time to spend the holiday with Sasha?

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

Drugs, vulgar language, alcohol, violence, and murder.

Ivanna May, 15, 5'3
From: Savanna, Georgia.

"Stinky girl-stinky girl!" is what they called her, this year Ivanna is gonna redefine her identity in high school. She won't be "Stinky girl" any longer. Turns out Ivanna makes her first friend and they end up falling in love, but not with each other. will this match made in heaven last forever? This chapter is about finding love in all the wrong places.

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

Drugs, underage drinking, vulgar language, sexual assault against minor, domestic violence, and assault against a minor.

Michael Keaton, 16, 5'11
From: Atlanta, Georgia

Michael has had it great his entire life. He's popular, attractive and has a great personality. In class, he finds out a devastating secret that his friend got exposed in school, and others plan to jump him for it! Will Michael stick up for his outcast friend or remain silent? I think this story is about being a good friend.

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

LGBTQ+ awareness, revenge porn, vulgar language, and violence.

Tanna Marshall, 16
From: Miami, Florida

Tanna has always been a wild girl, everyone has her misunderstood. Tanna gets invited to a college party and has a fun time until Justice catches her dancing with another guy, her whole night flips upside down. What happened that night? I don't even think Tanna knows. This chapter is about safety in young women. I'm gonna put a huge warning at the bottom of this. I don't want to trigger anybody in this chapter (but this is a VERY triggering story to read) so please be aware of the following.

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

Rape, sexual assault, sexual assault against a minor, violence, underage drinking, and vulgar language.

Devonte Krawford, 24, 6'5
From: Savanna, Georgia

Devonte is a little different, and when I say different, I mean not so right in the head. But in this chapter, Devonte is a key character to two stories so keep in mind, if you plan on following these chapters in order you may be able to fit some puzzle pieces together.

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

Drugs, alcohol, vulgar language, mental health/illness, violence, and death.

Angel Jones, 17, 5'5
From: Austin, Texas

To end this book off I had to leave everyone a bit curious about Angel. Angel comes from a strict religious family and has always been the good girl. Up until now, I guess... Angel falls pregnant, but her mother and grandmother aren't too happy about that. What will Angel do? I don't know how to label this story, Angel's story was honestly the second hardest to write. But I hope you guys can interpret this story in your own way and let me know what you think.

!Warning this chapter includes the following!:

Vulgar language

!!I got all these photos from google, these are not the real person's names on these stories. If you want to comment who they are below please feel free!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.7K 39
Iris Donnelly, at the golden age of seventeen, hasn't opened her heart up to anybody. Her philosophy is to get through her last year of high school w...
18K 430 17
Maya has had a rough past. From her parents dying, to being abused by her step dad, to jumping from foster home to foster home can be a lot for a tee...
3.9M 83.9K 65
𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐉𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 is a 18-year-old single mother. She is nice, caring, a wonderful mom. She is in her first year of college with a f...
298K 11.6K 52
~Dear Cupid, I like this really cute guy from my school, except he's a bad boy and a total player. What do I do? I'm a pretty shy girl. Help! Lov...