You, the apocalypse and me! [...

By einfach_Eileen

They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade out of them. But what if you already have the tastiest lem... More

About: You, the apocalypse and me!
Chapter 1 - Of sweet lemonade and sour lemons
Chapter 2 - Lemons and cakes
Chapter 3 - Insatiable
Chapter 4 - Eerie Silence
Chapter 5 - So much to it...
Chapter 6 - Date with the parents
Chapter 7 - Worry about the sinkholes
Chapter 8 - Work...
Chapter 9 - Everything sucks
Chapter 10 - An interrogation
Chapter 11 - What's going on
Chapter 13 - Creatures everywhere
Chapter 14 - Shelter
Chapter 15 - Attack in the night
Chapter 16 - Just go for it...
Chapter 17 - In a luxury house
Chapter 18 - On the High Seas
Chapter 19 - A New Man
Chapter 20 - Who am I?
Chapter 21 - Regaining control
Chapter 22 - Sailing and Sailing
Chapter 23 - Reunion
Chapter 24 - Little Prince
Chapter 25 - Puria
Chapter 26 - From jealousy and suffering
Chapter 27 - Yibo's Ancestor
Chapter 28 - And escape again
Chapter 29 - The Waterworks
Chapter 30 - Attack on the Waterworks
Chapter 31 - Always new camps
Chapter 32 - Our own stupidity
Chapter 33 - The next bunker
Chapter 34 - Joy
Chapter 35 - The Old School
Chapter 36 - The Bunker for the Rich and Beautiful
Chapter 37 - The Jungle Warriors
Chapter 38 - Trapped
Chapter 39 - The Queen
Chapter 40 - The Secret Door/ Just a Dream?
Chapter 41 - The Creepy Tunnel
Chapter 42 - The stinking bunker
Chapter 43 - The Snowplow
Chapter 44 - The large valley
Chapter 45 - Quiet life
Chapter 46 - A summary of the last days
Chapter 47 - Bac and his army
Chapter 48 - More Allies &. Battles
Chapter 49 - The last great battle
Chapter 50 - New Beginning (Last Chapter)

Chapter 12 - And then this happened...

594 88 10
By einfach_Eileen

A/N: Oh well, I forgot that I had already written this chapter and that I only had to put it online. Without words. Oh yeah, we start a little bit with the action now.

The feeling that this calm and this peace are only the calm before the storm, has solidified with me and somehow also confirmed. Everything began yesterday, when in the early morning in the news a live transmission of two government spokesmen was broadcast and for which even all current programs were interrupted.

In this live broadcast, which was obviously not in the government building, it was said that the government has decided to reinstate the nationwide lockdown. With some exceptions, as before. Otherwise, the same rules would apply to the lockdown as before. They also simply claimed that the flu epidemic was not yet over and that the lockdown was therefore necessary. They had not made any further announcements.

That it was a live broadcast from a location unknown to us could be seen from the fact that there were no reporters on site and not quite a few microphones from the various news stations and radio stations attached to the console as usual. And you could also clearly see that they used a green screen.

After this live broadcast, where not even important politicians were present, I checked the social networks on the Internet, because I had a hunch that many of the population would complain about this live broadcast. And I was right. They really bombarded the social networks with their hatred for the government. Who could blame them?

I called the office shortly after to find out if I should come at all and my boss said that every serving agent and special agent should come to the office first, because they were in the process of sorting it out, since they were also surprised with the government's decision. And the official lockdown wouldn't start until 8 pm anyway.

So I got dressed and went to the office. Together with my colleagues I waited to hear what would happen next. Our boss was still talking to the highest boss for a long time. I think we sat in the office for two hours before our boss came and called us all together.

He leaned against one of the desks and said, "Here's the situation. All the agents are relieved of duty here with us for the time being. We will assign a few to serve in the military and as support for the soldiers, just as we did last time. This time, however, it will be other agents and not those from last time. However, it is possible that those of you who had to cooperate with the military last time will also be sent there. All those whose names I won't mention now, may go home immediately." My boss then listed a few names and was about to leave.

Marx, one of the older agents asked him, "Why the new lockdown? How long are they going to keep screwing us over this supposed flu epidemic?"

My boss looked at him thoughtfully for a moment and replied, "As long as they want. What do you want me to say? I don't know any more than you guys. I also just get the orders from above without anyone explaining anything to me."

Huang, another senior agent, said, "Why do we have to help the military? You say we are working with them. But all of us who had to help last time were treated like little stupid kids and were constantly yelled at by this general. He said we were all grown-up children who liked to play spies. And to one of us, he even said he wasn't even worth as much as what he flushed down the toilet every day." Wow, thank goodness he didn't say that to me or Yibo.

"I'll sort it out." Said my boss and hurriedly disappeared into his office. Some of my colleagues were still talking animatedly and furiously about working under the general. I, on the other hand, took my things and left the office. After all, I still had a lot of shopping to do!

I was already on my way to the supermarket near my apartment in my car when I had to stop at a red light. I waited less than 30 seconds when suddenly someone ripped open my passenger door, jumped into my car and held a knife to my throat! He screamed at me to drive and that "they" must not get him.

Horrified, I looked at him and said, "Get the fuck out of my car! I'm not driving you anywhere!"

He then waved the knife in front of my face and said, "If you don't drive, I'll give you some nice scars on your face or I'll slowly shove the knife down your throat and watch you bleed to death and then just take your car!"

To be honest, I was already shocked and so not at all prepared for such a situation. If I had my service weapon with me, I would have felt more comfortable. But it is only issued to us during our duty when we are in the field. Well, bad luck for me.

But then this happened. Suddenly, someone opened the door in the back of my car on the passenger side and put a gun to the guy's head. "I don't think you're going to hurt my boyfriend. Because before you put even a tiny scratch on my lover's beautiful face, I will have shot you in the brain."

I spun around hastily and my heart began to leap. That was my Yibo! He was finally back! And he just saved me! My boyfriend is finally back with me! Jump heart, jump!

The guy looked frozen and didn't move an inch. Yibo said to him, "You have two choices now. 1. You get out of the car right now and I'll just let you go. 2. you stay in the car and I'll have to clean my boyfriend's new car of your blood and your brains later."

"Me, I'll go." Stuttered the guy. He put the knife on my tray and literally jumped out of the car. Right after that, Yibo got out as well, only to sit next to me in the passenger seat. He hugged and kissed me while I clung to Yibo, speechless and overjoyed, but only for a brief moment as the light turned green.

It all sounds like a lot of time has passed. But that was not the case. When the light turned green, I immediately drove on as if nothing had happened. Maybe only 3 minutes had passed. But to me it seemed more like 3 hours. As if time had simply stopped.

It wasn't until we reached the supermarket parking lot that Yibo and I took the time to properly greet each other. Again and again he plastered my face with kisses, told me how much he missed me and loved me and how happy he was that he could finally be with me again. I said that I felt the same way he did. But I also mentioned that I wasn't okay with him telling his two friends what job I was doing without my consent.

And then this happened. Yibo laughed and said that the two of them had obviously tricked me and that I had fallen for their act and just confirmed what they had suspected. Yibo told me he would never tell others what my profession was unless I allowed him to. He thinks that Seungyoun and Wooseok may have suspected something, but they certainly didn't hear it from him. I was relieved that he had not told them. Even though it annoyed me that I had fallen for such a rotten trick.

Although I told Yibo afterwards that I knew what his mission was, he told me that he couldn't tell me anything about it. Not because he didn't want to tell me or wasn't allowed to, but because there was nothing to tell. He said that they had been sneaking around these scientists every day, eavesdropping on them and trying to get them to talk, and finally they cooperated and showed them what was in the certain area that only the scientists were allowed to enter and no one else.

However, this area was only a laboratory with highly modern, very expensive and special devices, whose value goes into the millions. There had not been a hint on the whole area that any non-human species was being researched there. The emails were probably just taken out of context and were about the creatures in Poland.

When I wanted to know from Yibo if he believed that, he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "We couldn't prove them wrong." Well, there was nothing more to say about it then.

We went to the supermarket, bought enough food for two people for a month, and then drove home. Yibo had come home shortly after I left for the office. He was driving a cab and saw my car stopped at the traffic light. Then he saw the guy and immediately recognized the danger. Man, I have a really great boyfriend.

After I put his dirty clothes in the washing machine, we cooked together for lunch. Again and again he hugged me in the back, kissed my neck and snuggled his head on my shoulder. Ahhh, I missed that so much.

After eating together, he then called his parents and told them he had been abroad and was stuck there when they decided to lockdown again. His parents, but also mine, were very relieved that he finally got in touch and to hear that everything is fine between him and me.

Since Yibo hadn't slept in about 48 hours, he went to bed to get some rest while I took care of the laundry and kept an eye on the news. A viewer sent a news channel some footage he had taken with his drone at one of the sinkholes. And on it could be seen in the dim light how someone or rather something came crawling out of this hole and then disappeared between the trees of a densely overgrown forest.

A panel of "experts" discussed whether this footage was real and whether this thing might have been a human being that fell into this sinkhole and managed to free him or herself. Because of the bad recordings and the weak evening light not much had been to recognize.

Various callers who had been connected to the studio were allowed to give their opinion on the video and said they were sure it was not a human being. Others claimed it was a human. And still others believed that this was not real footage and was as staged as the alleged evidence pictures and videos that were made of the Loch Ness Monster. Well, with today's technology, anything is possible, isn't it?

Late in the evening I went into the bedroom and lay down next to Yibo. He didn't even wake up in the meantime and was fast asleep when I laid down next to him. He didn't even notice that I was lying next to him, he was so tired and exhausted.

And although I was tired, I couldn't fall asleep myself. I was way too excited about not having to go to sleep alone anymore and finally having Yibo back. I was so happy and yes, secretly wishing the night had been more erotic.

Sometime around 1 o'clock in the night, sleep caught up with me after all. I had snuggled up to Yibo, felt his warmth, perceived his very special scent of sandalwood and slowly sank into the land of dreams. I still felt how Yibo put his arms around me and cuddled his forehead to mine, before I finally fell asleep.

Our sleep was then ended at 04:53 am! While we were still sleeping deeply and tightly cuddled together, something was going on outside. I just know we woke up startled when an insanely loud bang, a really deep bang sounded and even made the walls of the house shake.

Yibo and I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to my balcony. We heard gunshots in the distance and loud explosions over and over again. A loud siren wailed somewhere and suddenly an alarm sounded over the city's warning sirens. Three times the sirens wailed. Then it went dark around us. All the lights went out. The electricity was gone.

Neighbors of mine, just like Yibo and I, stood shocked on our balconies and we all stared in the direction where the electric company is headquartered. And despite the darkness, a big cloud of smoke was visible from there.

We ran into the apartment and tried to call our agency's central office with our cell phones. But our cell phone network had no signal. None of the neighbors had a signal either. A woman from further down the house called upstairs that she saw "something" before the power went out. Then there was another explosion. This one was so strong that it rang in our ears.

Yibo grabbed me, dragged me back into the apartment and yelled that we should quickly pack some things and get out of the city as soon as possible. But where were we supposed to go? And what was happening in our city right now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 1.2K 7
Under the new regime of the dictator, all performers were condemned to be impure and the cause of society's sinful acts. Actors, singers, and dancer...
10.4K 1.1K 5
Wang Yibo goes on a blind date in place of his cousin. His original intention was to 'dump' this stranger but ended up going against his own principl...
63.2K 1.9K 12
The people of The Underground were never the luckiest pair. Only a special few were lucky, lucky enough to get the privileges of the topside. The (L...
533K 11.5K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.