๐‘พ๐’† ๐‘พ๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐‘ช๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’“๐’†๏ฟฝ...

By livinginaparacosm

"๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ ๐จ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž" Orphaned at 10 Lore... More

๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž
(๐€/๐) ๐‘๐Ž๐‘๐˜๐’ ๐’๐”๐ˆ๐“ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐…๐€๐‚๐„๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐”๐†๐„
๐“๐‡๐„๐˜ ๐‚๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐ˆ๐“ ๐๐”๐๐๐˜ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„
๐ƒ๐Ž๐๐“ ๐“๐‘๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐€๐“ ๐‡๐Ž๐Œ๐„
๐€๐‚๐‚๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„๐๐“๐€๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐’๐€๐•๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ
๐‚๐”๐๐ˆ๐ƒ ๐’๐‚๐‘๐„๐–๐’ ๐”๐
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐–๐‡๐˜ ๐ˆ ๐‡๐€๐•๐„ ๐“๐‘๐”๐’๐“ ๐ˆ๐’๐’๐”๐„๐’
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐€ ๐‚๐”๐“ ๐’๐‚๐„๐๐„
๐ˆ๐‘๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐€๐๐‹๐ˆ๐“๐˜ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‘๐„๐’๐๐Ž๐๐’๐ˆ๐๐ˆ๐‹๐“๐˜
๐ˆ ๐๐„๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐„๐‚๐‘๐„๐“ ๐ƒ๐€๐“๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐‘๐Ž๐๐„
๐…๐”๐ ๐…๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ๐€๐˜: ๐’๐”๐๐„๐‘๐๐Ž๐˜ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐„๐’๐'๐“ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐๐Š๐„๐˜๐’
๐ˆ ๐’๐€๐•๐„ -DฬถIฬถCฬถKฬถ- ๐–๐€๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐๐˜ ๐†๐ˆ๐•๐ˆ๐๐† ๐‡๐ˆ๐Œ ๐‚๐๐‘
๐’๐๐„๐€๐Š ๐Ž๐… ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ๐„๐•๐ˆ๐‹
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐’๐Ž๐Œ๐„ ๐๐ˆ๐๐๐ˆ๐˜๐˜ ๐๐Ž๐๐๐ˆ๐“๐˜ ๐๐”๐‹๐‹๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐“
๐‘๐„๐Œ๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘
๐’๐ˆ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐๐†๐’, ๐€๐Œ ๐ˆ ๐‘๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“?
๐‡๐Ž๐– ๐€๐Œ ๐ˆ ๐’๐”๐๐๐Ž๐’๐„๐ƒ ๐“๐Ž ๐‹๐ˆ๐•๐„ ๐‹๐€๐”๐†๐‡ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„๐’๐„ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’
๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ ๐“๐„๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐‘๐’
๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐–๐€๐’ ๐’๐“๐”๐๐ˆ๐ƒ ๐๐”๐“ ๐€๐“ ๐‹๐„๐€๐’๐“ ๐ˆ๐Œ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐€ ๐‚๐Ž๐–๐€๐‘๐ƒ
๐€๐ˆ๐๐“ ๐๐Ž ๐‘๐„๐’๐“ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐ˆ๐‚๐Š๐„๐ƒ
๐ˆ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐…๐”๐๐๐˜ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๐Œ๐€๐†๐ˆ๐‚ ๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐†๐Ž ๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐‘๐ˆ๐๐‹๐˜ ๐–๐‘๐Ž๐๐†
๐Œ๐„๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’
๐‚๐Ž๐Ž๐Š๐ˆ๐„๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐Œ๐€๐๐ˆ๐€๐‚๐’
๐‡๐€๐‹๐‹๐Ž๐–๐„๐„๐
๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐๐“ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’
๐Š๐ˆ๐ƒ๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‚๐‡๐€๐Ž๐’
๐…๐€๐Œ๐ˆ๐‹๐˜ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐๐„๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’
๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐‡๐Ž๐’๐๐ˆ๐“๐€๐‹ ๐’๐Œ๐„๐‹๐‹
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Š๐ˆ๐ƒ๐’ ๐€๐‘๐„๐๐“ ๐€๐‹๐‘๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐‘๐ˆ๐ƒ๐„
๐“๐‘๐”๐’๐“
(๐€/๐) ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐†๐Ž๐“๐‡๐€๐Œ ๐€๐‘๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐•๐„๐’
๐๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐‡๐ƒ๐€๐˜
๐‰๐„๐€๐‹๐Ž๐”๐’๐˜, ๐‰๐„๐€๐‹๐Ž๐”๐’๐˜
๐’๐๐Ž๐–๐˜ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐’
๐๐”๐„๐‘๐„๐๐‚๐ˆ๐€
๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐ˆ๐ƒ๐€๐˜ ๐…๐€๐Œ๐ˆ๐‹๐˜ ๐‘๐„๐”๐๐ˆ๐Ž๐
๐‚๐Ž๐๐…๐„๐’๐’๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐ˆ๐๐’
(๐€/๐) ๐–๐ก๐จ๐š
๐–๐„ ๐–๐„๐‘๐„ ๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“๐’
(๐๐„๐– ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š) ๐†๐‘๐Ž๐–๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐€๐ˆ๐๐’
(NEW BOOK) SEASON TWO

๐“๐€๐Š๐„ ๐€ ๐๐‘๐„๐€๐Š

1.3K 45 9
By livinginaparacosm

"here we are now, entertain us. I feel stupid, and contagious"

-Nirvana

~~~

       "Training Simulation. Failed." I groaned and stood up, the computers voice seemed to mock me at this point.

"Run it again" I tightened the blindfold over my eyes and got in a ready stance.

"Training Simulation. Commencing in three...two...one."

I could hear dummies prepare in the batcave around me. I dodged a rubber bullet that was shot and flipped over a dummy knocking it down. I kept up a streak for about twenty minutes when a wood rod hit me in the back, knocking me down.

"Training Simulation. Fai-"

"Failed I know." I snapped, standing up and taking off my blindfold deciding to take a rest and go to one of my many favourite places in the city.

~ ~ ~

Sitting at the dinner counter I sipped my soda before returning to my holo-computer, searching through a few files.

"what did i say about working in my dinner?"

i sighed and looked up at Helen who looked back with a raised eyebrow.

"that it's not allowed"

"why?"

"because it causes stress"

"and?"

"because you want this to be a place to relax and not worry about the overbearing responsibilities i have in my life?"

"good to know you understand. Put it away"

I sighed and followed the woman's orders, I turned it off but left on my comm, just in case.

The team was out on patrol right now, led by Kaldur who insisted I took a break for a bit.
Personally, I was extremely against that but once that boy makes up his mind it's hard to change.

"Where's mini you?" Helen leant forward onto the counter and looked around with curiosity.

I smiled, "out with my team."

She tilted her head, "shouldn't you be with them?"

"That's what I said but it appears they don't need me anymore"

"I'm sure they still do" she reassured, "I gotta help some other customers hun but I'll be back"

I nodded as she walked away and redirected my attention to the small television playing the Gotham City news.

A video of a current livestream played, showing Clayface fighting a group of teenage dumbasses.

My teenage dumbasses.

"HELEN I GOTTA GO" I shouted before quickly leaving some cash to pay for my meal. It was $25 but I only had a 50 so she'd have to keep the change.

I raced outside and turned on my comm as I got on my bike which I parked in my usual spot in the alley beside the dinner.

"B, you there?"

Static filled my ears as the wind blew in my ears and I sped through traffic.

Eventually he answered, "I already saw. Meet at the coordinates"

The map on my bike pinpointed a location and I followed the directions there, parking a block away as not to alert Clayface.

I ran and climbed up a fire escape, making it to a rooftop where Batman had met me at the same time.

There was a silent understanding between us and with a nod he went to get to higher ground while I followed quickly behind.

Bruce jumped first, breaking the glass and I jumped down beside him. It was definitely a sight to see.

All the team excluding Kaldur were unconscious and Clayface was about to win against the Atlantean who laid on the floor.

Before he could hit him Batman threw a few explosives at the monster who was taken aback when his arm exploded.

I took the opportunity of distraction to use my taser against him which quickly forced him into a more liquid form.

Bruce stood there and I could practically feel his disappointment seeping through his aura but I couldn't be bothered by that now.

I ran towards my younger sibling and attempted to wake him, he groaned but didn't budge. I sighed and continued to pester him.

"Ughh...no" Dick complained before his eyes shot opened and he realized what was happening.

The sense of failure kicked in, followed by guilt.

"It was your day off" He stated, his voice still groggy. "You weren't supposed to need to come"

"I don't mind" I told him sincerely, "sit up. Don't fall asleep. If you can, get M'gann"

Robin nodded and I offered a smile before turning to Wally and attempting to do the same with him.

"Pssst" I shook him slightly, it didn't take much for him to wake up, though not fully.

"Why are you here?" He mumbled, attempting to sit up but did it too quickly and slipped back to laying down.

"You're in MY city" I reminded the speedster.

"Yeah but you're on your break..." he sat up successfully this time, now fully awake and looked at me, "why aren't you on break"

"Because you all got knocked out and managed to get yourself on the news" I informed before giving him the same instructions as Dick.

I quickly checked of M'gann and Conner (who she had woken up) before standing and looking at Kaldur.

"You alright there?" i asked and he looked away in disappointment.

I paused and thought about what I should do, we made eye contact and in that moment i knew the atlantean wanted to be left alone.

"To the cave. Now." Batman ordered sounding extremely upset.

None of us spoke as we followed the man there.

~ ~ ~

"I need to talk to Aqualad. The rest of you, hit the showers and head home"

My team and I all walked in, the only one who wasn't covered in gunk was myself.

"Head home? I am home." Superboy grumbled with extended arms before walking past Bruce.

I looked up at Wally who rubbed his neck in pain.

"I'll see you after, yeah?" I asked the speedster.

He looked down at me with a small smile and nod before walking out of the room.

I stood beside Kaldur and my brother approached on the other side of our friend when Bruce spoke up again.

"Just Aqualad."

I hung my head and began to walk out with Robin when the atlantean stopped us.

"Dove may stay."

I looked at my sibling then friend.

"I believe she should be here for this"

I nodded and looked back at Dick who seemed annoyed. I placed my hand on his shoulder for comfort but he pushed it off and walked away. I sighed and made my way back beside Kaldur.

"I am sorry you two had to intervene. I know the team performed poorly..." He began

"The team performed adequately. The problem was you. You're their leader, and your head wasn't in the game." The bat lectured.

"No! You are-" Kaldur sighed and hung his head in disappointment "correct. Of late, I am not even convinced I belong on the surface world."

I looked up at him in shock and curiosity, though I did my best to hide those emotions.

"For so many years, it filled my every thought...but now that I am here, my dreams are of Atlantis"

Bruce listened carefully, "Atlantis...or someone you left behind?"

Kaldurs eyes widened as he looked back at Bruce, I followed his gaze.

"You can split your time between the surface and the sea but not your mind. Either you're here 100 percent, or you need to walk away and let her take over" My mentor gestured towards me, "make your decision, and make it soon."

We both watched the man walk away and I glanced up at the Atlantean, upset there was nothing i could do.

"Good luck" I wished him, he gave me a sad smile and nod before I walked away.

~ ~ ~

"Just Aqualad" my brother mumbled.

I watched the footage sadly with Bruce and Alfred as I leaned against the bat computer table.

"He dented the wall" Alf stated.

"I think we can afford to fix it" I said, still focused.

"Dove may stay" Dick mocked in an impression of Kaldur, "what about me?"

Guilt washed over me, he felt left out, like he didn't matter in the situation. As the only female out of the original sidekicks, I knew how he felt.

"Go check on him Lorelei" Bruce told me, I looked at him confused.

"Why me?"

"He trusts you"

"He's mad at me"

"He's mad at me and Kaldur. Go"

I sighed and stood up, "I'm bringing my food with me" I grabbed the salad I made myself earlier and walked into the manor and to the indoor gym where my brother was.

I watched carefully as he struggled on the gymnast rings.

"Your form is off" I stated, I put down the salad and walked over.

"I don't care" Dick mumbled.

"Bruce and Alfred are listening right now" I spoke in Spanish, a language they didn't know.

"Of course they are" he pouted, "why are you here?"

"To check on you...I'm sorry you feel left out"

"I'm sorry I shit talked you"

"I actually didn't hear that part" I told him with a smile.

His face dropped and he jumped down, "kidding?"

"Nice try."

"Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?"

He paused, "I guess not"

I smiled sadly and nodded, "ok...your form was actually pretty bad by the way-"

"Ahem"

We both looked at the entrance to see Alfred now standing there, "Master Bruce would like to see you Richard"

I nudged him forward and they left, curiously I followed.

It was a sweet sight, Dick actually getting to be a kid as him and Bruce played basketball together.

"It's not your fault for the things he's feeling" Alfred said as we watched.

"It feels like it sometimes, I wish I could help him"

"Sometimes you just need to focus on yourself, which is something you seem very poor at doing might I add" he informed and I looked up at him confused.

Alfred continued to ask, "You we're supposed to take a break today, why do you think that is?"

"...because my team is nice?"

"Because the league knows you're overachieving and if they want you to join them, they need to know you can take care of yourself as much as you do others."

It took a moment for me to process what he said, "they want me to join them?"

"I fear I've said too much already" he placed an arm on my shoulder and redirected me inside, "why don't we watch a movie hmm?"

~ ~ ~

I wanted to at least see Aqualad when he made his choice. Either to say goodbye to a close friend, or to send him off on a mission with the team while I actually took my break.

I stood with Batman in-front of the computer. It was weird being a leader without Kaldur by my side but if he chose to leave us, I'd have to take over.

"Recognized. Aqualad B-0-2"

"Make your decision?" Bruce asked, not looking up from the keyboard. I looked over my shoulder at Kaldur.

"The decision is made. I am 100% here."

I smiled at his choice, he saw and returned his own.

The rest of the team entered the room almost as if they were on cue.

"Just in time for your next mission." I began, "The watchtower detected an immense power surge in the Bialyan Desert..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 187 10
Lee Felix may have had a little crush on Hwang Hyunjin. Maybe a more than just a little.. Okay. A lot more than that. Lee Felix was an absolute simp...
13.5K 728 31
โ€ข With the Republic gone, a new order is brought forward from the shadows. The new Galactic Empireโ€ข - - - After finding her way to the Bad Batch, and...
164K 4.8K 16
๐‡๐”๐‘๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐๐„. โ i've lived long enough to know that a love like this can only come once in a lifetime. โž ๐…๐€๐๐…๐ˆ๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐ ๐”๐Œ๐...
8.3K 493 39
Leigh had been on the road, on her own, for weeks after being split from her group due to a passing herd. While looking for food, she comes across a...