Tragedy ° DEAN WINCHESTER

By bokuroos

show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy. [dean winchester x emery wilson] [supernatural; season one-three... More

oo. | playlist
o. | the origin story of emery wilson
i. | stanford, here we are
ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place
iii. | well, it turns out constance was a bitch
iv. | hey we're rangers now i guess
v. | nobody likes a cannibal
vi. | decent pick-up lines
viii. | sulfur leads to demonic possession
ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem
x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror
xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses
xii. | make it seem like a hooker
xiii. | i'm gonna miss my own funeral
xiv. | the sassier the better
xv. | screwdriver phobia
xvi. | in which the wilchester trio is busy
xvii. | she finally blew up
xviii. | emery, the vampire slayer
xix. | happily married couple
xx. | they're gone
xxi. | surprise!
xxii. | all she remembers
xxiii. | suffocating
xxiv. | goodbye
xxv. | it affects everyone differently
xxvi. | two words: f*** that
xxvii. | i hate carnivals
xxviii. | mind control or something
xxix. | psychic visions and dams
xxx. | missing in action
xxxi. | bitch; jerk
xxxii. | they made me slow dance
xxxiii. | it's just loki
xxxiv. | a whole new world
xxxv. | trust your gut
xxxvi. | death of a bachelor
xxxvii. | let it go
xxxviii. | beautiful flower
IMPORTANT; please read
xxxix. | in which emery is sick of everyone's shit
xl. | casualty of war
finale. | sacrifices and heroes
one shot. | love you goodbye
note; editing contest
note; editing results

vii. | don't forget to breathe

81.8K 2.3K 2.2K
By bokuroos

Disclaimer; Newsflash, I don't own Supernatural. And Vampires pee.

AFTER A LONG DELAY: HERE YOU GO!

Dead in the Water; Part Two

________

"Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it starts and stops." -Edgar Allan Poe

EMERY STARED AT THE SCENE IN front of her. It was exactly like the picture Lucas had drawn. The church was close to the exact same in the picture, and the house in the background was similar too.

The only thing that was different was the red bike in the picture wasn't there in real life. Or the little boy.

Emery followed behind Dean and Sam, looking around the neighbourhood. If she was a normal person, she would have loved to live in a place like this (without the whole vengeful spirit thing (she still had no clue how she knew.))

Emery made sure to stay behind the boys as she walked, wondering what was with her and her monster sense. Was she like Lucas? After thirteen years of mourning the death of her parents she was finally feeling the aftermath of it all. Was that why she could tell what monster they were hunting? The conversation they had on the way over did little to reassure her.

And, honestly, she was a little scared to find out why she could do that.

Emery was also thinking about what John was possibly doing. Did he get any leads on yellow eyes? And if so, did he kill it already? Would he be back for the boys anytime soon?

The biggest question was if he was going to tell them or not.

When they were let into the house, Dean, Sam and Emery started their investigation.

"We are sorry to bother you, ma'am, but does a little boy live here by chance?" Emery asked the lady who lived in the house.

"He might wear a blue ball caps and has a red bicycle," Dean added as an afterthought, looking at the older woman.

She looked down, seemingly saddened, "No, sir," she closed her eyes, and Emery frowned. "Not for a very long time."

The lady led them into her house, Emery looked at all the decor she had, but also the pictures that were either sitting around the den or hanging on the wall. There were lots of pictures of a little boy and his friends, or of what Emery assumed were his family.

"Peter's been gone for thirty-five years now," the lady sighed. "The police never — I never had any idea what happened." She turned away from looking at her son's picture.

"He just disappeared," She explained further. "Loosing him–" Emery felt someone nudge her, and turned to look at Sam, who jerked his jaw in the direction of a table. Sitting on it was some green army men — the toys Lucas played with. "You know, it's–it's worst than dying!"

Emery watched as the lady swallowed thickly, obviously trying to hold in her tears. The hunter felt bad, simply because she had no idea what happened to Peter and Emery couldn't imagine the grieving she had gone through. To have your child die before you? That must take a toll on a person.

"Did he go missing from here?" Dean's voice broke the silence. "I mean, from this house?"

"He was supposed to–" She swallowed again, "–to ride his bike straight home after school and he never showed up."

The three hunters exchanged a look, before looking at all the pictures again. Dean ended up finding one with two boys in it, one obviously Peter, who had his arm around the other one's shoulders. He plucked it off the spot attached to the mirror, examining it before turning it over. Emery noticed some writing on the back and read over Dean's shoulder.

"Peter Sweeney and Bill Carlton," the two read in unison, Emery swallowed. "1970."

Totally a vengeful spirit.

☪✡

"Okay, this little boy, Peter Sweeney, vanishes and this is all connected to Bill Carlton somehow," Sam summarized, Emery slouching in the backseat, staring out the window.

"Yeah, Bill sure as hell seems to be hiding something, huh," Dean stated.

"And Bill, the people he loves, they are all getting punished," Sam continued.

"So, Bill obviously did something to Peter," Emery stated, crossing her arms over her chest. "Probably killed him. Made him vengeful."

The boys looked at her, curiosity sparkling in their eyes.

"Peter's spirit would be furious," Dean offered. "It'd want revenge, if possible."

A couple minutes later, the Impala pulled into the Carlton driveway. The three hunters got out, and Emery took one look at the lake and bolted, sprinting to the docks.

She heard Sam shout something behind her, but she was to focused on trying to stop the boat Bill was on.

"Mr. Carlton," she shrieked as loud as she could, but that didn't seem to stop him.

Emery reached the edge of the dock, and started taking off her cloths. She was going to save this guy, even if she had to drown in the process. Her jacket came off, then her pants, and Emery dived into the cold water.

When she broke the surface, she heard Sam and Dean shouting from the dock as she tried to swim as fast as she could. Emery needed to save him.

Suddenly, the boat was sent flying into the air, Bill Carlton flying out and into the water. Emery screamed, before diving under and trying to save him. But, as she swam through the icy water, Emery couldn't find Bill anywhere.

It was as if he disappeared.

Emery broke the surface again, swimming toward the dock and climbing out with the help of Dean. She numbly put on her clothes, and when Sam gave her a hopeful look, she shook her head.

She made her way to the Impala, climbing into the front seat and blasting hot air on herself. Before Emery knew it, the police were there and they were getting escorted back to the station.

As they walked in, Emery shivering, she spied Lucas and Andrea, and gave the boy a fake smile. Lucas looked distressed in a way.

"Sam? Dean? Emery? I didn't expect to see you here," Andrea sounded surprised, and Emery glared at her.

She just really didn't like Andrea Barr.

Andrea didn't seem to notice the petite brunette glaring at her as she stood from her seat in one of the couple chairs, setting a paper bag in her place.

"So, now you're on a first name basis?" The sherif asked, motioning to the hunters. "What are you doing here?"

"I brought you dinner," Andrea explained, and Emery noticed Lucas getting more distressed from his spot beside the food.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart, I don't really have the time," The sheriff said, taking off his jacket.

Andrea looked from her dad to Dean, before her eyes flickered to the soaking wet girl staring at her son. The Barr girl sighed, "I heard about Bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?"

The sheriff looked back at the hunters. "Right now, we don't know what the truth is." He stared at his daughter. "But right now I think it's better if you and Lucas go home."

Suddenly, Lucas gave his grandpa a look, before getting up and tugging on Dean's arm desperately.

"Lucas, hey, what is it?!" Dean asked, his voice urgent.

Something's going to happen to Andrea, Emery thought. She opened her mouth to speak, Lucas giving her a desperate look. Emery's voice box didn't seem to work.

"Lucas?" Dean tried again, as Andrea rushed to peel her son off of Dean. "Lucas, it's okay, it's okay. Hey, Lucas, it's okay. It's okay."

And in that moment, Emery Wilson fell more in love with Dean Winchester.

As Andrea led Lucas outside, the boy cast one more desperate look at Emery, which the girl responded with a curt nod, she was going to try and save Andrea Barr.

Lucas didn't deserve to live without a mother, no matter how much Emery didn't like her.

☪✡

Emery stayed quiet as the Sheriff interviewed the three of them for his report. She stared at her hands, fiddling with her fingers as Dean and Sam told a plausible lie.

She was soon getting rushed into the Impala, and Dean started it before they sped out of town. Emery was silent, sort of like how Lucas was.

That's how Dean knew something was wrong. As he stopped at the turn for the interstate, him and Emery shared a look in the rearview mirror.

"Green," Sam stated, looking at the light.

"What?" Dean asked.

"The light's green," Sam said, and Emery fell back on the backseat, side pressed against the leather.

Dean then pressed on the gas, making the turn to go back to Lake Manitoc.

"Um– the interstate is that way," Sam raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"I know," Dean simply stated, speeding up even further.

They drove for a little bit, tension obviously mixed with the silence.

"Dean, this job, I think it's over," Sam stated, looking at the boy weirdly.

"No, Sam, it isn't," Emery stated firmly.

"If Bill murder Peter Sweeney, and Peter Sweeney got his revenge, case closed. The spirit should be at rest," Sam demanded, obviously sick of the 'irrational decision' to almost get arrested.

"Alright, so what if we take off and this thing isn't done?" Dean shot back, aggravated. "What if we missed something and more people get hurt?"

"But why would you think that?" Sam questioned.

There was a pause, and Emery closed her eyes for a second.

"Because Lucas was shitting bricks, Sam," Emery said. "Did you see how scared that kid was?"

"That's what this is about?" Sam asked.

"I just don't want to leave this town 'til I know that kid's okay," Dean said.

"Who are you? And what have you done with my brother?" Sam retorted.

His name is Dean Winchester, Emery thought, and he's trying to find his father, who I could tell them about. I could let them know if he's safe or not.

"Shut up," Dean retorted.

Dean sped up, and soon they were speeding into the Barr's driveway. Emery didn't wait for Dean and Sam as she sprinted to the front door, pounding on it.

Lucas opened the door, hyperventilating, and Emery squeezed passed, rushing up the stairs, three boys following behind her. Emery tried the bathroom door, before she was shoved back by Dean gently, who then kicked the door in.

Dean stayed with Lucas, holding him back as Emery and Sam rushed to get Andrea. Emery cut the water as Sam latched onto the drowning girl, trying to haul her up. Emery came and tried to give him help, her arm latching around Andrea's stomach and pulling.

It took a little bit before finally Sam and Emery got Andrea out of the tub. The three layed on the flooded floor, Andrea panting, trying to get air in her lungs, while Emery sighed in relief.

They had saved her.

☪✡

Emery was with Dean in the basement, searching for anything that could connect Peter Sweeney and Andrea. They skimmed through the books and photo albums and other memories. Dean started reading the titles on some books, Emery searching through a box that had been titled 'photo albums.'

"I found something," Dean announced, before rushing upstairs, Emery rushing up after him. Dean got Andrea to point out her dad in the photos, one where Emery recognized Peter Sweeney in.

There was the connection. Right in the photos.

Emery tuned the three other adults out, looking at Lucas, who was standing in front of the window.

"Lucas?" She chimed, Dean, Andrea, and Sam turning toward the boy. "Lucas, what is it?"

The kid then walked outside, the adults following after him. Andrea called after him as they walked, and the boy came to a stop on a mossy area. Lucas stared at the group beneath his feet, before looking at the group of adults, specifically Dean and Emery.

"You and Lucas get back to the house and stay there, okay?" Dean stated, leaving no room for argument.

Andrea grabbed Lucas' arm, pulling him in the direction of the house before Sam, Dean and Emery went to grab their shovels.

The hunters only got a couple shovelfuls of dirt before Sam hit something hard. The group dropped their shovels, using their hands to grab the object and pulled it up.

It was a rusted bike, covered in dirt.

"Peter's bike," Sam stated, out of breath.

"Who are you?" Emery heard from behind her, then the cocking of a gun.

The three turned to see Jake Barr, the sheriff, standing with his gun pointed at her. She dropped the bike, putting her hands up, not scared, but not trusting the man.

"Put the gun down, Jake," Sam coaxed.

"How did you know that was there?" Jake demanded.

"What happened? You and Bill killed Peter, drown him in the lake, then buried his bike?" Dean spat.

"You can't bury the truth, Jake," Emery spat, venom in her words. "Nothing ever stays buried."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jake stated.

"You and Bill killed Pete Sweeney thirty-five years ago, that's what the hell we're talking about," Dean retorted, glaring at the man.

"Dad!" Andrea shrieked, running up to the group, staring at her dad wide eyed.

"And now you got one seriously pissed off spirit," Dean continued.

"It's gonna take Andrea, Lucas, everyone you love, it's gonna drown them, and it's gonna drag their bodies God knows where, so you can feel the same pain Peter's mom felt," Sam explained further, his voice not wavering.

"And then," Emery added, glaring at the man, venom still in her words. "It's gonna take you, and it's not going to stop 'til it does."

"Yeah, and how do you know that?" Jake asked, still not believing them.

"Because that is exactly what it did to Bill Carlton," Sam said, deadly serious.

"Listen to yourselves, all three of you, you're insane," Jake stated, and Emery wanted to literally do Kung Fu on his ass.

If only she knew Kung Fu.

"We don't really give a rat's ass what you think of us," Dean stated, "but if we're gonna bring down this spirit, we need to find the remains, salt them, and burn them into dust."

"Please, for the love of God, tell me you buried Peter, and didn't just let him float to the bottom of the lake to decay," Emery spat, motioning aggressively to the lake with both of her arms.

"Dad, is any of this true?" Andrea asked, her voice remorseful.

"No," Jake said, a little to quickly for Emery's liking. "Don't listen to them. They're liars and they're dangerous."

"Something tried to drown me," Andrea stated, "Chris died in that lake. Dad, look at me."

Jake turned away from Emery, Dean and Sam, looking into his daughter's eyes. Emery hoped that Andrea could talk some sense into the older man.

"Tell me you–you didn't kill anyone."

Jake gulped, trying to find her words. He was opening and closing his mouth like a fish. That was when Emery knew for absolutely sure he had let the body go.

"Goddamn it," she cursed under her breath.

"Oh my God," Andrea said, horrified.

"Billy and I were at the lake," Jake paused, finding a plausible way to tell the story. "Peter was the smallest one. We always bullied him. But this time, it got rough. We were holding his head under the water. We didn't mean to, but we held him under too long and he drowned."

Andrea looked at Jake in shock, while Jake looked guilty. Obviously, this had been haunting him for a while. Emery almost felt sad for the guy, knowing how guilt could you eat alive. She had experienced it when she didn't save people on time during hunts. And it the whole not telling about John thing.

It was a torturous thing; burying your guilt.

"We let the body go and it sank," Jake told the hunters. The three gave each other a look of anger. "And it sank. We were kids. We were so scared. It was a mistake but Andrea, to say that I have anything to do with these drownings, with Chris," Andrea looked at her father, tears in her eyes, "because of some ghost, it's not rational."

"Alright, listen to me," Dean broke up the conversation, "all of you. We need to get you away from this lake, as far as we can right now."

Emery's head snapped to the dock then, and she heard a gasp behind her. Without a second thought, Emery's legs moved in that direction.

"Lucas!" Jake's voice came from begin her, and the sound of feet pounding against the ground followed.

"Lucas!" Was shouted behind her, but Emery didn't waste her energy yelling. She needed to reach that kid.

Emery got there just in time for poor Lucas to get dragged into the water. She ripped off her jacket, before diving in after the kid. Emery somehow got a latch on Lucas, or something, and started yanking, trying to reach the surface again.

Above her, she felt two currents, them being Sam and Dean. With all her might, she kept tugging and kicking, trying to get to the surface, but whatever was pulling Lucas down had a tight grip.

And it was pulling Emery with it.

Her lungs were screaming for air, the pressure in her head constantly intensifying but she kept the tight grip she had on Lucas.

She heard faint yelling above her. Something that sounded faintly like her name.

Silently, Emery said a goodbye to both Sam and Dean. She screamed, her lungs filling with water, and the pain lessened as she water flooded her lungs. The adrenaline kicked in, her mouth closing, and she kicked with all her might, trying to keep a hold on the kid.

She still heard the constant screaming of Andrea faintly, but Emery was getting weaker and weaker, starting to feel the affects of actually drowning.

It was dark, oh so dark. And lonely.

Emery prayed to whatever God was out there, hoping that they would save Lucas, that if anyone was dying, it was her.

"I love you, Dean," She admitted, letting the water back into her lungs, the whole world around her becoming black.

She choked on the water, gasping for air, hoping to make the burning sensation in her lungs go away. Above her, Dean sat, looking up at the sky, a glistening in his eyes. Around him, Andrea was hugging Lucas, while Sam was standing there shocked.

Emery had almost drowned. Then a thought popped into her mind.

"Dean, did you give me the kiss of life?"

☪✡

It was the next day, and Emery loved the fact that she could breathe. But also, Dean had kissed her.

Sure, she might have been almost dead, but it still counted, right?

After they had gotten back to the hotel, and Emery had a well needed hot relaxing shower, Sam and Dean explained that Jake had sacrificed himself for Lucas.

That same night, Dean had clung onto her. It was obvious it was because he could save Jake and Lucas, but at least the kid had survived. And Emery had lived, but she wouldn't be going near water anytime soon.

They threw their stuff into the Impala, Sam letting Emery take the from seat for some reason.

"Look," Emery heard Sam say from the Impala. "We're not gonna save everybody. And Emery's fine, she had pulled through, Dean."

"I know," Dean said, and Emery heard the jangle of the Impala's keys.

"Sam, Dean, Emery," Emery turned her head to see Andrea and Lucas rushing towards them.

"Hey," Dean said, and Emery got out of the Impala, and the three walked over to them.

"I'm glad we caught you," Andrea said, smiling. "We just– um– made you lunch for the road. Lucas insisted on making the sandwiches himself."

"Can I give it to them now?" Lucas asked, and Emery smiled.

"Of course," Andrea said, kissing the top of the kid's head.

"Come on, Lucas, let's pack this in the car," Dean said, grabbing the tray of sandwiches. Sam followed behind them, smiling.

"You're lucky, you know that?" Andrea said, and Emery turned to her.

"What?"

"They both care about you very much. They were in tears when you weren't waking up," Andrea explained. "You should keep them close."

"They're family," Emery explained. "Of course I'll keep them close."

Andrea gave her a smirk. One that said she knew something that Emery didn't. Emery hated when people did that.

The hunter walked over to the Impala, and Sam went to talk to Andrea. As she approached Dean and Lucas, the kid almost tackled her to the ground.

"Woah there, easy, Tiger," Dean laughed, and Emery giggled.

"Thank you," Lucas whispered in her ear. Emery smiled at the boy, who then blurted out, "You look like an angel."

Emery than laughed, "I'm far from it, kid."

She ruffled his hair, before she leaned against the hood, beside Dean, who was saying his goodbye to Lucas... still.

"Now that you're gonna be talking now, that's a very important phrase. Repeat it back to me," Dean stated.

"Zeppelin rules!" Lucas chanted, smiling. Emery giggled from beside them.

"Good job, up top," Lucas and Dean shared a high five. "Now, take care of your mom."

That was when Andrea and Sam came over, the girl leaving a kiss on his cheek before whispering something in his ear. Dean looked at Andrea and nodded, giving her a smirk.

Emery felt jealousy curl inside of her.

"Sam, move your ass," Dean said, and Emery slid into the passenger side and Sam entered the back, and Dean the driver's side. "We're running out of daylight, better hit the road."

Emery gave a wave to both Lucas and Andrea, before Dean pulled out of the parking lot.

And with the rev of the engine, they left Lake Manitoc in their rearview mirror. At least Jake got one of his wishes.

_____________

edited.

THIS IS A LITTLE LATE, AND I'M SORRY, BUT I GOT BUSY. I WAS PLANNING MY EARLY BIRTHDAY PARTY (MY BIRTHDAY IS IN MAY 22ND) AND WE'RE GONNA GO SEE THE AVENGERS 2.

I'M HELLA EXCITED.

anywho, thanks for reading, and please vote and comment and fan and stuff.

p.s OMFG THE READS. ILYGSM IT'S UNBELIEVABLE.

p.p.s who ships wilchester? i know i do... a lot is in store for that couple.

p.p.p.s i can't wait to write phantom traveler. one of my fave episodes in season one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 198 44
Together Dean and Evangeline fall out of heaven He gets dragged back into the cruel life of a hunter while she discovers the life of an almost human...
123K 3.3K 39
I was death. He was life... Two polar opposites in a world gone chaotic with battles between the forces of angels and demons. However, theirs was n...
1.9K 49 39
Dean's got a year to live. Sam is trying desperately everyday to find a way to save him. And angels are telling Ivanna Lee Hope that the Winchesters...
915 42 20
~Wherever you are, wherever you go, may your Guardian Angel always be with you.~ For Sam and Dean Winchester, flirting with danger has never been an...