The Maze Runner Brothers

By RubyRoundhouse17

Thomas and Edward are sent up into the maze together, unable to remember anything apart from their names and... More

Cast
Entering the Maze
Welcome to the Glade
We're Brothers!
Ben's Banishment
Into the Maze
A Night in the Maze
The First Girl
The Clue inside the Griever
The Girl Teresa
A Night in the Pit
A Possible Way Out
The Brother's Adventures in the Maze
Alby Remembers
Attack on the Glade
Regaining Memories
The Ultimate Decision
The Fight to Freedom
The Flare / Gally's Death
Edward
The Strange Compound
Something Stranger
Finding Answers
Escaping
The Mall of Cranks
Ruins and Memories
The Lightning Storm
A Bargain and an Attack
Bridges and Tunnels
Another Chase, Another Group
Sweet Moments
The Crank City
Rescues
The Right Arm
Reunions, then Attacks
WICKED Wins!
Hope
Amelia
Jerry
Stephen Sr.
Danielle
The Non-Immunes
Love and Comfort
The Last City
Reunions
The Father's Box
Goodbye Grievers
Sneaking into the City
The Plan: Teresa
Sneaking into WICKED
Reunited at Last
Is it too Late?
City Chase
Final Words from Father to Sons
The Final Showdown
The Safe Haven

Two Young Boys

262 6 0
By RubyRoundhouse17

This is the first chapter of Book 2. This is a made-up scene. Please let me know what you all think once you've read it.

Two young boys played in their bedroom. A mother and a father laughed as they kissed and embraced them.

"Come on S.J. don't pull on your brother's hair," Stephen said to his eldest son.

"He's only with little D.J, aren't you," Danielle often called 'Dani' chuckled.

"Dad?" Stephen Jr. asked.

"Yes,"

"What do you do for a living?"

"I help people S.J,"

"How do you do it?" Daniel Jr. asked. He looked a lot like his mother with her dark eyes and round-face shape.

"Your father helps scientists with medicines. He's also a creator of medicines,"

"Really?" Little D.J asked.

"That's right," his father nodded proudly.

"You're a very great man dad," S.J. blabbered proudly.

Stephen Sr. felt loved by his sons. "It means a lot coming from you two. But what really means a lot is raising my two little men whom I know will do great things one day,"

"We'll never be as great as you dad," Daniel said.

"Danny D.J," their father poked his nose. "We all have a great role to play in this world. Even you and your big brother do. You just don't see it yet,"

"He's right boys," his loving wife added in. "Already you two are five and six we are so proud of you,"

"Why mummy?" their eldest son asked curiously.

"Because this world is broken and it requires extraordinary people to help it. Those like you and your brother. It warms our hearts that you both are so inseparable. Promise us that no matter what happens in the future, you guys will always be there for one another,"

"We will mummy," Daniel promised as Stephen Jr hugged him.

"There my brave chaps," Danielle kissed their cheeks and the entire family got back to playing and having joyful moments with one another.

Unfortunately, this was not to last.

(a week later)

The boys were watching something inside their room when they heard voices from outside their door.

Stephen Sr. tiptoed over to the door. Daniel followed him. They opened the door slightly. They saw two people in front of their parents.

One of the visitors had a stiff build and a rat-like face which seemed to scare little Daniel. The other visitor was a woman with blonde hair tied back and white clothing.

"You must continue to work with us, Stephen. People are dying out there. The Sun has already decimated much of the planet," The woman appeared gentle but her tone sounded urgent and quite desperate.

"I can't Ava," Stephen argued. "My life is here with my wife and my sons. I cannot abandon them,"

"We would give them food and clothes and a comfortable place to stay,"

"I'm sorry but the answer is no,"

"I suggest you choose your next words very carefully," the rat-faced man who scared Daniel warned. His front buck teeth gave off a scary impression that it seemed to make Stephen Jr. flinch slightly.

"Back off Janson," Ava ordered.

Janson stood back but he sent a soft glance in Danielle's direction. She was clutching her husband's hand tightly and she did not like his presence.

"Please forgive me, Danielle,"

"Still the same snobbish unnerving man you are Janson," Danielle answered back repulsively. "I'm quite surprised WICKED allows you to be its highest-ranking official,"

"Well...someone's got to do something to help this planet whilst you remain here cowering from the rest of the world,"

"Give your mouth shut or I give you a well-deserved whooping for talking to my wife that way," Stephen warned.

Janson tried to say something back but Ava Paige silenced him with a firm face. "Very well. We will leave. But don't think we won't be back to ask again Stephen. Reconsider,"

She turned and she and Janson left through the door.

Stephen Jr. and Daniel were paralysed by their mother's reaction to that creepy man in their apartment.

Danielle sniffled a bit and Stephen held her close. Danielle's eyes caught a glimpse of the boys still standing behind the door and she stepped forward.

The boys stood back into their room; afraid they were going to get into trouble.

"Mum...dad...are we in trouble?" Stephen asked nervously.

"Of course not darling," Danielle promised bending down to hug him.

"That man...he was so scary," Daniel looked pale like he had just seen a ghost.

"Don't worry my little chap. You've nothing to be worried about," Stephen knelt and gave his son a well-needed hug.

"S.J. kept me safe. He held my hand the entire time,"

"Good on him," Stephen Sr. praised.

"Dad...what were they doing here? What's WICKED?"

"You don't to concern yourself with that my boy. They won't come for any time soon,"

"But that woman..."

"If she thinks she can just ask me to ditch you guys for work then she's quite mistaken,"

"You promise?"

"I promise," Stephen smiled proudly. He pulled back and offered his pinkie finger. "Pinkie promise?"

"Pinkie promise," Daniel sealed it.

Danielle who was hugging S.J. kissed him. "Promise me this S.J. that no matter what may happen to me or your father in the future, you and Daniel will take care of each other. No matter what,"

"I will mum," her son promised. "And I'll protect you too,"

"You don't need to concern yourself with me, darling,"

"You're the best mother in the whole world,"

Danielle was beyond heart-struck, her fear of Janson seconds ago dissolving away. "And you and Daniel are the best boys anyone can have,"

The parents tucked their boys back into bed and kissed their heads. As they closed the doors, their temporal loving smiles dropped. They became worried and tense.

"I cannot leave you guys," Stephen sighed. "I don't want to. Whatever happens, when the scorch reaches America, I cannot bear to leave you all in your time of need,"

"Stephen...you are the best doctor in the city. You know you'll be needed at WICKED soon,"

"I don't trust their intentions. They've been hard on our resources and hundreds of people since the world became a scorched plane. And I made promised D.J. I wouldn't leave us,"

"You know you might not have a choice,"

Stephen sighed. A wedge grew in his heart as the pressure for survival weighed on his shoulders like the entire world or what was left of it was resting on his shoulders.

He held his wife's cheek. "Please promise me, that no matter what happens or what I may do, you promise me you'll be there for our boys at times when I will not be there,"

"I will," Danielle held his cheeks. "I promise,"

They kissed and they hugged. As he held his wife in his arms, Stephen closed his eyes, trying to picture what type of young men his boys would grow to be. He prayed that would be there to guide them no matter what would cross his path very soon.

(A year later)

Under a dark gentle-snowy night soldiers were gathered around a giant building. Security dogs were barking next to them. There were hundreds of people crowding up behind fences trying to barge through but they were prevented.

Mastering her strength, Danielle pushed her way through the streets carrying her two boys with her. She managed to make it through to the other side where the gate was opening.

She placed her boys down.

"Mum...what's going on?" Daniel was beginning to cry. He was scared.

"I'm so sorry boys. This is the only way you guys will be safe," Danielle struggled to be brave as her tears were spilling.

"Mum...don't leave us," Stephen Sr. begged.

"I have to. I love you both so much. And I couldn't bear it if I caught the virus and became savage and killed you two," Danielle was afraid.

"Mum...you're scaring me," Daniel was shivering hearing her words.

Looking behind them, Danielle knew she didn't have much time left. Only a dozen precious seconds in which she would do just the most regrettable thing which would tear her apart every single second, day after day for the rest of her life. She pulled her boys into her arms, hugging them both gently. Their arms wrapped around them.

"Remember. I love you. I love you Stephen Junior and Daniel Junior so much. Promise me that no matter what happens, you take care of each other. Promise,"

"We promise Mum," her eldest son wept. He closed his eyes tightly and kept a strong grip on her.

"I'm so sorry that I'm giving you two to these people. But they worked with your father. You'll be safe with them. Safer than you can ever be with me,"

"Come with us," Daniel Jr. begged.

"I can't," Danielle regretted forcing herself to say that. "Soon I will be gone...and I cannot bear to see you boys see me in such a state of savagery. I love you both so much. More than anything in this world. And so did your father. He loved you both. More than life,"

As she forced herself out of that last and final warm embrace, she cupped each of her boy's cheeks and kissed them, rubbing away their tears. "I love you, Stephen, and Daniel. I love you,'

The soldiers appeared behind the boys and hoisted them off their feet. They felt their mother's fingers slip out of their hands. Her tear-stained face was all they saw before they were taken into a giant building. The black doors shut.

That was the last time the boys ever saw their mother.

Daniel sobbing and sniffling through his wet nose every second clutched onto his brother's hands tightly as they gripped each other hands. Stephen, heartbroken as well kept his arm wrapped around his shoulders. They were sitting on a train, surrounded by giant men in black uniforms with the letters WICKED sewn on their sleeves. Daniel felt more afraid than ever.

Glancing around, Stephen realised that they were not the only children on the train. He saw a British boy with blonde hair who caught his eyes, a blonde-haired girl next to him, most likely a sister, a tanned bald boy who looked four years old and a Chinese kid.

"Stephen..." he felt a hand clasp shoulder.

Almost screaming, he twisted his head and saw that it was the same woman who had talked to his father a year ago. Ava. He knew it was her from her hair and white clothing. She sat back in her seat, smiling proudly.

He felt more afraid than ever.

Daniel almost screamed out when the train rocked and the outside noises became louder and scarier to him. Stephen held him protectively as he remembered the promise their mother had begged them to remember. Take care of each other

He was going to do just that. He was going to take care of his brother no matter what happens.

And there it is. Can you all guess who Stephen and Daniel are? Get ready for the next chapter which will continue from where you have left off from the first third/first movie o the book which will be based on all three movies and books. Please send reviews and let me know what you all thought. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374 37 23
Ellie, the toughest person in the Glade, has been looking for a way out of the hellhole for years. Three, to be exact. Ellie must stomach that there...
194 8 6
A Newt x reader fanfic Y/N wakes up in a glade surrounded by a maze and she's all alone. But just a week later, more people arrive. Problem? They're...
8.3M 231K 43
Bree is thrown into the glade like everybody else. In a dark metal box with no memory of her past life. She soon comes to realize that her new life i...
2.2M 59.7K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...