Faking ~ felinette

By luklovely

*SET BEFORE S4* Felix's mom is still grieving her husband's death and she decides to move to Paris to ease th... More

Chapter #1
Chapter #3
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16
Chapter #17
Chapter #18
Chapter #19
Chapter #20 [Finale]
Deleted Scenes 1
Deleted Scenes 2
Old Cover Designs

Chapter #2

4.3K 126 123
By luklovely

When Adrien was in the shower, Felix quickly ruffled his hair and dressed up as him. He walked downstairs, where he found the bodyguard standing there. Keeping watch.

He rolled his eyes, as if anyone would sneak into the Agreste Mansion. There were more cameras out there than they were at a photography office, plus enough alarms to wake the dead.

He heard distant voices coming from Gabriel's office. The bodyguard was staring at him suspiciously.

"Excuse me, could you go and fetch me some lunch?" he asked the bodyguard.

He quickly ran off, happy to be doing something useful.

Felix didn't want his ear pressed up against the door in case it made a noise. His uncle was always looking around for spies.

He glanced at his phone and was disappointed to see that it was at 10%. It would be a waste of time to try and record anything. 

He was face to face with the Gorilla when he turned around. Gorilla was probably hired to intimidate people, but Felix didn't feel intimidated. The man could barely talk. He spoke using grunts.

He picked Felix up and carried him to the table, where a slice of dry bread and a piece of camembert was waiting.

How did Adrien survive on this? No wonder he had a secret stash in his room.

Felix bit into the bread and nearly broke a tooth. He excused himself and went upstairs to look for his mother.

He knocked on the guest room door to find her sitting down with a picture of her late husband. Tears were trickling down her pale cheeks.

Felix didn't want to intrude. He grabbed his second phone and pulled up a map. He decided to go for a walk. He needed the fresh air anyway. He grabbed some twenties and stuck them in his pocket.

He left the house and began walking outside. He walked past the park and saw some children playing. There was also a boy, about his age sitting down blowing bubbles.

Felix was walking past when the boy called out,

"Dude! Your old man let you out of the house?"

Felix didn't respond. He continued walking. Everyone continued staring at him strangely. They were all waving.

He opened his phone again. Someone jumped up in front of him. They had dyed blonde hair and brown eyes. They were dressed like the dollar store Adrien.

"Oh my gosh! Could I get an autograph? I'm a huge fan."

Felix pushed him away. He ducked into the first store he could find.

It was a bakery.

He saw the girl he'd seen before. She looked at him, blushed and looked away.

"Excuse me, could I get a bag of chocolate croissants?" he asked.

"Hey Adrien." she said, "I didn't know you were allowed to leave the house."

Felix finally looked down. Shoot! He was still dressed as Adrien!
"Uhh, my father let me leave the house." he lied. She was cute. This bakery girl.

"That's nice, would you like a passionfruit macaroon?" she asked, "You can get it for free."

"Really? That's my favorite." he said.

"I know- I-I mean it's a popular flavor." she stammered. Adrien's friend seemed nervous.

"Could I get a dozen macaroons. 2 of each flavor?" he asked.

"S-sure!" she said. She turned to the display rack and then to the oven.

"Here, I'll make some fresh ones. Want to help?" she said with a smile.

"Sure! Why not?" he agreed.

She handed him an apron. He began putting the garment around his neck the way hers was. He fumbled with the strings.

Marinette quickly went and tied it for him. He could feel her breathing on his neck.

Marinette handed him the sugar.

"What do I do with this?" he asked.

"Just put it into the bowl. Mix it with the salt and the flour." she said, she was beating the eggs

He began mixing it. He turned forcefully. The flour was jumping out. It landed on his- er Adrien's shirt.

He tried to wipe it off but it was stained.

Marinette noticed that he'd stopped mixing, "Adrien? You okay?"

Marinette caught sight of his shirt, "Oh shoot! Your dad is going to kill me! Ummm, hold on I can go get you a new shirt- or"

Felix surprised both himself and Marinette by laughing out loud.
"No, I'm sorry!" he said between laughs, "It's my fault. I took off the apron because it was uncomfortable."

"Yeah, maybe you can try something else? Turn on the oven maybe?"

Felix turned on the oven. He watched Marinette stir the pink fluffy mixture.

"It looks delicious," he said, smiling.

"Looks can be deceiving." she said with a wink.

"I-I mean- they're not that good, my dad is the real macaroon master." she added.

"I'm sure yours are delicious," he said reassuringly. Adrien's friend seemed almost afraid to say anything in front of him. She was afraid to be confident. He wasn't sure if this was her actual personality or if it was a celebrity crush that she had.

After a few hours of awkward conversation and mixing, the macaroons were ready.

Marinette's hands were covered in flour and food coloring. She was walking toward the sink when Felix leaned over to look at the macaroons.

Marinette swatted him in the nose, and said, "You can't look at them yet!"

She started washing her hands while Felix wondered why someone so nervous had the nerve to swat Adrien Agreste on the nose.

She turned to him and burst out laughing.

"What?" he asked, suddenly self-conscious.

"Y-your nose!" she said through giggles.

"Wow, your laugh is so cute." he thought. Marinette blushed and turned back to the rack.

Shoot. Did I say that out loud? "

She arranged them on a tray. The scent of the freshly baked pastries filled his nose. He was practically salivating by the time she set them on the table.

"Adrien!" she laughed, "You can't eat them now!"

"Just one?" he pleaded.

She turned to face him and burst out laughing. There was a glop of pink icing on this nose.

He stared at her in confusion. "What?"

"Here, lemme just-" she took her finger and wiped off the icing. Then she licked her finger clean.

Felix laughed. A full out laugh. He didn't expect a girl like Marinette to be the one to make him laugh. Ever since his father died, no one but his mother had made Felix laugh.

Felix felt himself blush as he was waving goodbye to her.

Suddenly, she came flying out nearly tripping in the process.

"Adrien! Wait! Maybe we could walk home? You know, get some fresh air?" Felix agreed and they began walking home together, making occasional jokes. Every time Marinette would ask him a personal question he'd change the subject to something he was sure would fluster her to the point where she forgot about what she had been asking before.

As soon as they arrived at the house, Felix looked around to make sure no one saw him. 

Marinette waved back to Felix and started walking back. Felix stared at her as she left, there was something about her that was different than his other friends. They were focused on maintaining their social statuses. He barely knew her and yet he'd had more fun than he'd ever had in the last 5 years of his life.

He walked back into the house beaming. He carried his box of pastries and quickly changed back into his regular outfit.

He knocked on his mom's door hoping she wasn't crying anymore. She opened the door and was surprised to see him.

"Felix!" she exclaimed.

"Hey mom," he said, with a grin, "I got you some pastries."

"Thanks- wait, what happened to you? Why are you smiling?" she said, confused.

"Nothing," he said. He walked into the room and spread out the pastries on the table.

Amalie took a macaroon and bit into it. "Wow Felix," she said between bites, "This is amazing,"

Felix allowed himself to try one, he took a bite. It was the most delicious food he'd ever tasted. He reached for another, but his mom slapped his hand away.

"Felix! Save some for your uncle!" she scolded.

His uncle! Felix had forgotten that his uncle even existed. He pushed the macaroons away and bolted for him and Adrien's room.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and are having an amazing day. I chose the song sweetener because Felix has had a rough life, but when he's with Marinette she's a....well sweetener and she makes his day. 

<33

~ 1419 Words 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 19.4K 39
C O M P L E T E D ✕♛✕♕✕ "What about the promise we made when we were kids, Mari," He smiled. I felt shocked he remembered my nickname. That smile.. A...
7.8K 177 22
We all can't get enough of marinette and adrien. This is a marichat and adrinette fanfic with felix and bridgette. This is the book 1 of cheating se...
533K 18.9K 82
~Highest rank: #1 in mlb ~ -COMPLETED AS OF OCTOBER 5, 2022- (A/N: Please don't read this story if you're under 15, there is some content I'm not com...
94.3K 2K 23
It's been one year since the day master fu gave Marinette and Adrien the honors of being miraculous holders, but the effects of special day might jus...