The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

Chapter Eleven

30.9K 670 84
By MJ_Cristine

Ivan waited by the lobby after the front desk advised him to wait a few minutes. He was standing between the elevator and the receiving area when he saw Abegail walking towards him. Ivan was lost for words and the only thing that comes out of his mouth is WOW. Ivan kept his gaze on her until she was a mere inches away from him.

"Hi! You look stunning." Ivan complimented her.

"Hi! You clean up yourself well too." Abegail blushed it was the first comment she meant without cowering her eyes on him.

"For you." Ivan gave her the bouquet.

"Thanks." Abegail accepted the flowers and smelled it.

"Shall we?" Ivan offered his arm smiling.

"Sure." Abegail complied since he was being nice.

"I made reservation at L' Opera Ristoarante I hope you like Italian it's their expertise." Ivan guides his date to the lobby entrance where the car is already waiting.

"I do but I don't know where that restaurant is sorry." Abegail frankly told him.

"Oh that's in another town I forgot you just arrived few days ago. We can cancel the reservation and go to other restaurant if you feel uncomfortable." Ivan you're such an idiot! He scolded himself.

"It's okay new place and new experience I'll just make sure I won't get lost in case you leave me at some point." Abegail gets into the front seat.

"I don't do that to a lovely woman especially with my wife-to-be." Ivan winked at her and went to the driver's seat.

They travel for forty minutes and just talking about new landmarks and few places that Ivan suggested to her but other than that it was a smooth conversation. Abegail was surprised he wasn't being the same arrogant prick that she met two days ago.

When they reached the restaurant the Ivan opened the door for Abegail and let her stand few inches from him that's when he noticed her dress. Ivan barely breathes after seeing her flawless back. Ivan wants to run his fingers on it and thank God it's dark and none will notice him being uncomfortable.

"Ivan, you've been standing there for a minute are you okay?" Abegail nudges him a little.

"Ye—ah just checking if my car was parked nicely." Ivan tried to come up with a best lie as he could.

"Your precious car is secure so let's go the reservation will not wait long so as the waiter." Abegail motioned her head.

Ivan manages to clear his head after that and guides Abegail inside the restaurant. He saw one of the waiters is glancing at Abegail so Ivan narrowed his eyes at him giving signals that he was with her. He became bold and placed a hand on Abegail's back and pulled her a little closer to him. Abegail felt like she was electrocuted from his touch and his hand almost went nearly on her behind. Ivan on the other hand felt warm and he only hope Abegail won't refuse his gesture and it was granted. Abegail let his hand stays for a minute until they found their table. Ivan guides Abegail on her seat before he settle himself, at the same time the waiter arrived on their table that made Ivan mentally groaned.

"Good evening! I will be your server for tonight and here is your Menu. I will be on standby if you're ready to have your first order." The waiter started as soon as Ivan noticed his accent he knew his from somewhere else.

"Ladies first." Ivan played it cool since the waiter is not doing anything.

"I think I would like Zuppa di polpa di granchio fresco e spinaci (Fresh crab meat soup with spinach) please." Abegail politely asked.

"I'll have Capesante gratinate (Baked sea scallops in bechamel sauce) thank you." Ivan glared at the waiter but he seems not to mind it.

"How about for the main course?" The waiter focuses solely on Abegail.

"I'm picking homemade Ravioli verdi di spinaci e ricotta al Pomodoro (Ravioli filled with spinach and ricotta cheese in tomato sauce)." Abegail continued reading the Menu.

Ivan was contented seeing Abegail is not paying attention to the waiter while he was having internal battle with his mind. He doesn't know what is happening with him since it wasn't his style to be protective over someone not unless it's his sister. Now it's like he only see Abegail and the rest is invisible.

"I would like Osso buco alla Milanese (Veal Shank, Milanese style with saffron)." Ivan went back on picking his food.

"Do you prefer wine for your drinks?" The annoying waiter smiled at Abegail.

"I'll let him choose since I'm not much of a drinker." Abegail gave Ivan a smile making Ivan inwardly celebrating.

"Will take a bottle of Taittinger 99 is it okay with you?" Ivan recommended charmingly at her.

"That will do thanks." Abegail nodded and returned the menu to the waiter.

"I'll be back with your first course meal and the Champagne." The waiter turned around while Ivan is glaring at him.

"You could create a fire hole at the waiter's back if you don't stop glaring at him." Abegail saw Ivan's mood towards the guy.

"I was just curious about him." Ivan lied smoothly.

"Don't tell me you're interested to that Brit guy just tell me so I can get his number for you." Abegail humoured him.

"Hell no! I don't swing that way I could even prove it to you in many ways." Ivan wiggled his brows.

"I'm just kidding so take your mind off the gutter." Abegail's cheek turned crimson red.

"By the way you speak Italian fluently I'm impressed." Ivan changed the topic since the waiter disappeared.

"It's my favourite cuisine and it would have been an embarrassment if I can't even pronounce it correctly." Abegail smiled a little.

"Point taken." Ivan agreed attentively.

"What about you any specific food you like?" Abegail talks back.

"I love all kinds of food except tofu. How about you anything you dislike?" Ivan returned the questions.

"I hate eggnog when I was living in Arizona, my Lolo used to make it every Christmas since that's a tradition I had no choice but drink it." Abegail gave him some insights of her life.

"How long where you living there?" Ivan did a follow up question.

"Around ten years." Abegail gave him a rough computation.

"And you never visit here during those years?" Ivan just got more intrigue on her.

"I was focus with my studies and work so I didn't think of coming home besides it's always my parents who visit me. What about you I'm sure you've been in and out of the country?" Abegail knew he is a busy man too since Gwen already made the background check for her.

"Yeah I travelled a lot and most of the time I spend holidays abroad doing business conference." Ivan admitted the fact since it was true.

Ivan barely goes home to meet his parents because of work and it's like once in a blue moon where family is really gathered. Few minutes later their drinks was served and so as their first course. They started eating and Abegail choose this time to check the interior of the restaurant.

It was rustic but also very classic style although she hated the ugly yellow tablecloths but sure it complimented the ambience of the place. There is also a live quartet from a distance which Abegail found extremely romantic and the servers are quiet hospitable and attentive particularly on them.

"I hate yellow." Abegail spoke as she stares at the table linen.

"Yeah I can see by the way your face scrunched up." Ivan noticed as he chuckles.

They had the conversation flowing until their second course meal was done they were both laughing when the waiter once again showed up.

"Will you wish for dessert?" The waiter is making Ivan so pissed but trying to calm himself.

"It depends on my date, do you?" Ivan makes sure to stretch the word date so the fucking guy will take the hint.

"Hmm I'm craving Tiramisu your turn." Abegail ended and gave a smile to the waiter.

"Frangelico Cioccolato for me and stop ogling my fiancée." Ivan stated his claim with pure demands.

"I don't see a ring." The waiter made Ivan's close to killing him.

"Do you have any death wish?" Ivan balled his fist.

"I'm sorry Mister ---?" Abegail can see the veins of Ivan's are close to popping out so she had to cut in.

"Anthony or Tony." The waiter proudly introduced himself.

"Tony I think it's best if you leave and thank you." Abegail wanted no commotion so she tried her best to make the two men calm.

"I will if you give me your lovely name." The waiter sent Ivan's temper to North Pole.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Ivan stood and jabbed the man straight on his cheek.

He was tackling the guy on the ground and soon few staff including the Manager rushed towards them looking frightened. Abegail was on Ivan's side holding him by his shoulder while Tony is advancing on him.

"What seems to be the commotion here?" The manager soon appeared with shocked written all over her face.

"Ivan, stop its embarrassing." Abegail pulled Ivan's shirt this time.

"The nerve of that scumbag to insult us! I will call the owner right now to have you fired!" Ivan spat at him and still heaving.

"You can't do that but try if you can!" The guy spat at him.

"Sir Tony please let's stay calm." The Manager once again intervened but the two guys turned deaf.

"Then you don't know exactly who you are dealing with." Ivan loosens Abegal's grip on him and took his phone.

"Mr. Rivera... I'm good but I'm calling for a certain motive... One of your staff here at L'Opera happens to be rude and insulted me and my fiancée... I was very disappointed... His name is Anthony... Ah I see... Well I really don't care if he is I want him gone on this building do what I told you otherwise I'll shut down your business I'm sure you don't want to cross me Mr. Rivera... Great! I'm expecting that very soon. Bye!" Ivan cut the call.

"Who the hell are you to threaten my father and our business?!" Tony barked at him sharply.

"Because of your stupidity you might lose the business since this building belongs to Mr. M who happens to be me." Ivan goes carte blanche on him.

"You're bluffing!" Tony dissent Ivan's statement.

Tony is very familiar with the name and it's influenced since that man has been feared in the business world even by his own father. The famous Mr. M is believed to be fearless and never once accepts defeat. His father went to meet him regarding the loan they applied and he wasn't there since it's his father's duty. Right now Tony refuses to think that the guy in front of him is acquainted with the powerful Mortiz.

"Do I appear like a clown Ms. Yvonne?" Ivan called the attention of the Manager.

"No... Sir you are Mr. M the owner of this establishment." The Manager confirmed.

Tony went face paled and knew that he is in trouble but masked it as soon as the manager confirms it.

"By the way your father will be calling you in any minute now. I'm now well aware you're the rebellious son and your father is definitely furious." Ivan gave a self-satisfied aura on the idiot guy.

The phone started ringing on Tony's phone and he knew he is screwed. He left the scene and too embarrassed to even go back to the table.

"Mr. M, Madam I apologize deeply in behalf of Mr. Tony's rude behaviour." The Manager bowed in shame.

"Just because he is the son of the owner he can treat people like that and do whatever he wanted." Ivan fixed his crumpled shirt.

"Ivan, calm down the guy is gone." Abegail pulled his hands.

"Rest assured that it won't happen again Mr M." The Manager bowed her head.

"Definitely not otherwise I will close this restaurant permanently and you'll be looking for new job soon." Ivan's voice laced with power and authority.

"Ye--s Sir." The Manger is almost as pale as ghost.

"Ms. Yvonne thank you and we do apologize for what happened too. The foods are great and I'll definitely go back here again sometime." Abegail still praised their restaurant.

"Thank you Madam." The Manager slowly walks away.

"Where are you going?" Ivan saw Abegail taking her purse and the bouquet.

"Let's go home." Abegail voiced out and turned around.

"We're still eating." Ivan stood up and followed her.

"I lost my appetite but thank you for the dinner." Abegail declined as they keep on walking.

"I'm sorry for what happened don't worry I already fixed it." Ivan ran after her since Abegail walks fast.

"By threatening the whole staff? What if that guy was a regular employee?" Abegail turned around and face him.

"I tried to be nice but he was very rude." Ivan defended his side.

"Still you shouldn't lose your temper like that." Abegail contradicts him.

"He was undressing you with his eyes since we walked in through that door and you're too oblivious to see it and to top it off you let him flirt with you and you even smiled at him!" Ivan whispered yelled.

"I was being polite what do you want me to do scowl at him for God sake!" Abegail countered with same tone.

"I can't believe you're defending that freak instead of thanking me." Ivan fought back with her.

"Fine! Thank you for being so concern about me flirting with the guy." Abegail sarcastically snaps.

"Maybe if you're not wearing that revealing clothes this wouldn't happen." Ivan eyed her and blamed the DAMN clothes.

"Now you have a problem with my dress after complimenting it. You're a jerk, arrogant and ruthless man I ever met!" Abegail was now trembling and wanted to kick him where the sun doesn't shine.

"You're the one who couldn't keep her legs close and get impregnated by some asshole!" Ivan retorted.

"You don't FUCKING know anything about me!" Abegail slapped him hard and threw the bouquet on his face.

"I think I do --- tell me how much my father paid you to agree in this arrangement huh?" Ivan last input set Abegail on the edge of killing him.

"You shameless DICK! I FUCKING HATE YOU!" Abegail turned around.

She hailed a cab from a distance and told the driver to her destination while Ivan was left standing while waiting for his car from the Valet man. Inside the cab Abegail doesn't care if the driver hears her curse through her veins.

"The hell with that jerk I should've not gone on that stupid dinner!! The hell with this stupid arrangement!!" Abegail rants while taking her shoes off.

"Are you okay Miss?" The driver observed her with concern.

"No!" Abegail suddenly snapped at the old man.

"Lovers trouble." The driver grumbles under breath but Abegail heard him.

"He is not my lover." Abegail corrected him with blazing eyes.

"You mind sharing it Miss it will help you instead of kicking and swearing." The driver offered kindly.

Abegail felt a little ashamed for what she did the poor old man's ears probably got damage because of her constant screaming. She realized that she's been yelling for the past ten minutes while the old man has been patience with her.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell or disrespect you, I just—that man got into my nerves." Abegail lowered her voice and answers politely as she could.

"It's okay a lot of my passengers have been on your shoes. So what's your story Miss?" The old man told her.

"That insufferable man just insulted me as if he knew me too well. Claiming I was flirting with a guy hell I was just being polite and he is my date." Abegail drew a calming breath.

"Maybe he was jealous because a pretty woman like you attracts another man aside from him." The driver gives his input.

"No he isn't that type of guy believed me. He is just full of himself." Abegail discarded the old man's point of view.

"Maybe he didn't mean it people tend to say harmful words when they are mad." The old man's gave his wise words.

"I could drown him in the cold ice water and let him freeze until his ego deflated." Abegail folded her arms and leaned on the back seat.

"If you were my wife I sure won't make you pissed." The driver chuckles that made Abegail smiled too.

"Anyway thanks for your concern I felt much better now." Abegail glance at the old man.

"Don't worry it will be fix in no time." The driver confidently told her.

After twenty minutes or so the taxi halts in front of Abegail's Condo and Abegail thanked the old man. She paid him with a generous tip and get off the car with her her purse and shoes on her hands. When Abegail reached her flat she immediately changed to her comfy clothes and decided to spend the night at the hospital.

"Hi Mom!" Abegail greeted her surprised mother when she arrived.

"Hey Hija your date ended early how was it?" Claire watched her daughter kissing Aurora's cheek.

"Thanks for staying Mom but you can go home I'll take over." Abegail purposely ignored her Mom's query.

"You didn't answer my question what happened?" Her Mom will not let it go until she hears it.

"I'm calling off the engagement I DON'T want to MARRY their son; I will go back to Arizona." Abegail stretched the words with displeasure.

"You can't back out you need to marry Ivan otherwise we will lose the resorts." Her Mom promptly disagreed.

"I will not marry that man who is egoistical, shameless and acts like he owns the world. He insulted me, my integrity as a person and I will NOT allow him to degrade me." Abegail gets irritated but still shows her respect towards her Mom

"Have you forgotten about our staff?" Her Mom moved closer to her.

"I don't but it's better to sell the resorts and I'll handle the debt I'm sure I can find a way to loan for the rest of the payment." Abegail grabs bottled water and drinks it.

"The only bank that can approve fast and offer big loans with less interest in this country belongs to Ivan." Claire enlightened her.

"Then I'll try other banks until I get the Php30M, I will find ways to pay our debt." Abegail thinks exasperatedly.

"That's not easy." Claire objected.

"Why are you contradicting my decision Mom?" Abegail swings her hands on the air angrily.

"Because the merger was already signed!" Her Mom's voice raised a little.

"What do you mean signed? Didn't you tell me the merger will only happen if we are going to get married?" Abegail is now confused with her mother's statement.

"We lied because we don't want to rush you." Her Mom confessed.

"Rush me? For God sake Mom you literally sold me to them before I even get to agree to this stupid arrangement!" Abegail suddenly felt irate towards her parents.

"Language! What do you want us to do lose the Resorts and let those 3000 people go without any compensation in return? We run out of options and that's the only choice left to save everyone in two weeks." Claire hardened her face.

"What do you mean two weeks? Can you please tell me what the hell is happening without anymore secret? My life and my future are at stake here not yours or dad's!" Abegail irks to know everything.

"Two weeks before your arrival the resorts are already sold and we used the money for paying the taxes and bills. We signed the merger immediately so the resort will not be sequestered and the employees are now working under the Mortiz because we already lose everything. I don't want to admit it but the truth is we are bankrupt." Claire swallowed a lump on her throat.

"Why didn't you tell me this prior to the arrangement?" Abegail's mode changed after seeing her Mom's defeated demeanour.

"We don't want you to worry and believe it or not we don't want you to do it because we know how much you love your life in Arizona." Claire hands are trembling so Abegail sat beside her Mom.

"How many resorts were sold including the ones we had partners with?" Abegail placed over her hands on her Mom's hands.

"We only have one left the one that is under your name and even if we sell that it will not be enough to pay the Php30M." Her Mom laid out all the details.

"In other words I'm trap into this sham of a marriage whether I like it or not." Abegail sums up the facts.

"I understand how you feel but you need to marry him in one month." Claire touched her daughter's shoulder.

"I will but with my own conditions." Abegail has few things in mind.

"What is it?" Claire tries to get her daughter to talk.

"Please set me an appointment with Isaac or Lucy tomorrow then I will tell you the details after they agreed on it and I'm sure they will especially Tita Lucy." Abegail requested her Mom.

"Okay if that's what you want." Her Mom didn't push her since they trust their daughter especially on decision making.

"Thank you Mom now you go ahead it's late I will call Tatay Rolly to pick you up." Abegail took her phone inside her pocket.

"Hija, I'm sorry if we put you on this situation if there is only other way to save our business we won't let you marry him. We love you so much Hija." Her Mom hugged her.

"I love you too Mom don't worry I understand why you and Dad did it." Abegail hugged her Mom back.

When her Mom left her mind was on full force of the things she wanted to gain during and after the marriage. She wrote a draft of her conditions that she plans to tell when she meets the parents of his groom.

Back at the restaurant Ivan got in his car he called Ryan and told him to meet him at their usual hang out bar. Ryan wondered what was wrong since Ivan was with his date so without any complained he went to their meeting place. His friend is already drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels when he came.

"What happened? Why do you look like you're going to kill someone?" Ryan rushed to his friend.

"I could really kill someone right now man!" Ivan placed the bottled with a thud on the counter.

"Cool man. Wait, I thought you're on a date with Abegail what happened?" Ryan motioned the bartender a glass.

"The date was getting so well at the beginning until a fucking asshole ruined my night." Ivan is still fuming and Ryan let him vent.

"Who and why?" Ryan takes his first shot of the whiskey.

"A dickhead waiter was rude especially to Abegail." Ivan put another shot on his glass.

"How do you mean rude?" Ryan interrupted.

"At first I thought he is a regular employee but when he spoke with an English accent I assumed he is some intern or something. Anyway when we arrived at the table he was gawking at Abegail as if he doesn't see me. I want to pull his eyes out of its socket and I keep sending signals that I am with her but the fucktard seems blinded by it." Ivan drinks his whiskey again.

"Why are you so affected with that guy?" Ryan tried to study him.

"I just don't like it when I'm being disrespected or any woman that I am with." Ivan proved his point.

"So what happened next?" Ryan poured himself a drink.

"The twit went back during our third course meal and had the nerve to flirt with Abegail and wants her name in front of me. My patience ran out when he dared me that I can't fire him so I punched the fucker and called Mr. Rivera." Ivan shortened the story.

"I am sure Mr. Rivera did." Ryan gives a head nod to Ivan while listening to his fuming friend.

"No not really, he is his son who is learning the business and being a waiter is part of his training. Seeing it's not possible I threatened him that if I see his son on my own building I will shut down their business considering the loan that we just granted his loan." Ivan finished the whole bottle of whiskey and gets a new one.

"At least now the prick learned a lesson not to mess with someone like you I'm sure that's what Abegail wanted too." Ryan takes his whiskey shot.

"That's a different story she didn't like what I did we argued and she slapped me." Ivan is gripping the bottle tightly.

"Wait—how did it happen?" Ryan is enthralled more how his friend got slapped.

"I basically called her a whore for flirting with a guy and being impregnated with no father for his child." Ivan admitted in his low tone.

"What?" Ryan almost choked his drink.

"I lost my temper during our argument and she was defending the fucker saying she was just being nice." Ivan gave a heavy sigh.

"Given the fact still you owe her an apology." Ryan keeps shaking his head in disbelief.

"Now you're also on her side." Ivan squawks on his friend.

"I'm not siding her bro but I think you were out of line." Ryan advised him.

"I was only protecting her yet I ended up being the bad person." Ivan sticks up on his statement.

"Well what if she just wanted to be nice as she claims it to be? Don't you think you still went overboard, you basically insulted her?" Ryan analysed the situation logically.

"I don't know bro that woman infuriates me eversince I met her." Ivan seems to take his friend's word.

"What's happening to you? You seem not to care with your past dates until now if I knew you any better I would conclude you're already in love with her." Ryan gives his own conclusion.

"NO WAY MAN! That is the stupidest thing I heard just go drink and shut up." Ivan scoffed at him.

After having three bottles of whiskey that Ivan mostly drinks, Ryan drives him home. He tapped the bill and told the waiter that he will be back for his car that was park in front of the bar. All throughout the car ride Ivan was mumbling incoherent words that make Ryan want to shut his friend's mouth.

"Abegail she's the only woman that slapped me man." Ivan slurred his words.

"Because you acted like an idiot." Ryan helped him inside the car.

"Bro she slapped me here." Ivan pointed to his cheek.

"I heard it already now get in bro." Ryan shoved his friend inside the car since he was getting heavy.

"Did you know she's the only woman who did that?" Ivan repeated the same words.

"Just shut up bro! You're whining like a 3 year old!" Ryan flared up because of Ivan's constant rambling.

"I swear she is the only woman---" Ivan started again but Ryan stopped him.

"One more word and I'll shut you up with duck tape." Ryan threatened him just for Ivan to stop talking.

"You won't do that you love me bro--- we are partners like this." Ivan crossed his fingers.

Ryan ignored his friend's endless blabbing since he knows nothing will work on his drunken best friend. He let the radio played in the background just to get rid of Ivan's nonsense talk. After a while the car went in silent and Ryan saw his friend fell asleep at the back of the car.

Soon they arrived at the building and Ryan was being assisted with one of the guards after seeing Ivan's drunken state. Good thing he also got a spare key on Ivan's Penthouse just like his friend has on his. Ryan thanked the man after they managed to get him on his bed. When he was contented that his friend is already dead to the world he left and head back to the bar. It was already around four in the morning when he reaches his own pad with a very tired and aching body.

"Damn it! I will get back on you on this you sly drunken retard." Ryan grumbles and fell asleep.

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1M 320K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...
286K 11.8K 49
Ellison Kefalas is the sole heir to the Kefalas Media & News business. He is also New York's number 1 playboy, and has never been in a committed rela...
4.8M 154K 52
what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7 up on his face purposely outside a supe...
111K 3.3K 20
All Caroline's (Cara's) life, she has wanted a happy ever after. She wants to marry a man, live in a nice house, and have a family. Caroline never ga...