The Future Meets The Past //W...

By peerless2cucumber

i remember drinking my favorite coffee when a light surrounded me w-what is going on??? a/n : this story ta... More

CHAPTER-1
CHAPTER-2
CHAPTER-3
CHAPTER-4
CHAPTER- 5
CHAPTER-6
CHAPTER-7
CHAPTER-8
CHAPTER- 9
ANNOUNCEMENT
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER-11
CHAPTER-12
ANNOUNCEMENT
I NEED HELP
CHAPTER-13
CHAPTER-14
CHAPTER-15
CHAPTER-17
CHAPTER-18
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER-19
CHAPTER-20
ANNOUNCEMENT
CHAPTER-21
CHAPTER-22
CHAPTER-23
CHAPTER-24
CHAPTER-25
CHAPTER-26
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER-27
CHAPTER-28
CHAPTER-29
CHAPTER-30
CHAPTER-31
CHAPTER-32
CHAPTER-33
CHAPTER-34
CHAPTER-35
CHAPTER-36
CHAPTER-37
CHAPTER-38
CHAPTER-39
CHAPTER-40
CHAPTER-41
ANNOUNCEMENT

CHAPTER-16

2K 103 75
By peerless2cucumber

"what the-"

wei ying saw his past self covered in self harm . all full of scars , not fully healed yet . yiling laozu looked down and sighed . "listen-" however he was cut out by a loud slap from his future self . his eyes widened as he fell on the soft bed which made him bounce a little

"why ?......... why do you have to suffer for others ? " wei ying asked with tears in his eyes 

"i-" the words did not come out from yiling laozu , wei ying was correct , he was too selfless which made him suffer too badly . 

"do you know something? " yiling laozu looked at his future self who walked towards him "you deserve nothing from them , dont be selfless anymore past me " he was hugged tightly . he felt like he was in wen qing's arms for a second . big fat tears came out  from him . he clutched the other's dress and cried in agony till he exhausted himself to sleep . wei ying treated his wounds silently to not wake up the other 

wei ying patted his past self and tucked him on the bed . the amount of agony his past self emitted was too much for him , he wanted his lan zhan now . he slowly walked outside and closed the door with a small click . but what he did not know was that yiling laozu was wide awake pretending to sleep at the moment .

after closing the door , wei ying turned around to see jiang cheng , jin zixuan , jiang yanli , nie huaisang and the three juniors . somehow hanguang jun and his husband were missing . 

at the corner of wei ying's eye, he saw jiang cheng walking towards the room where his past self was sleeping . he held the other's hand stopping him at the moment 

"wei wuxian let go , i want to talk to him "

"chengcheng , it is not the right time he is sle-"

"I DONT CARE JUST LET ME GO-" 

a loud slap was heard , jiang cheng fell on the ground on his butt holding his cheek

"JIANG WANYIN! " wei ying's voice held so much warning and his eyes were bloodshot red , and it was frightening .

"YOU-"

"what? what do you think you can do ?! be a good little brother and get your ass out of here , i will let you once the other is ready " wei ying's nerves were popping out from his neck and his dangerous tone and his blood red eyes scared everyone . jiang cheng stood up and stood behind his sister .

"umm- " huaisang got the attention now "wei-xiong , how is our wei-xiong doing now?" he asked softly and hid half of his face behind the fan . 

wei ying's nerves and eyes turned normal as he looked at the person who questioned him . he gave a deep sigh . he continued "nie-xiong , he is doing good and is currently sleeping . he is traumatized over something , something that i dont know - in my field of experience , a person who lost his loved ones behave the same like him . for now , i would prefer you all to leave him alone and go do your works , once he himself is ready , he will face you all . i can regularly update over his condition if you want to . for now please leave , i am not in the mood to socialize right now . "

everyone nodded . 

"a-xian , can you let me talk to him-"

"mam, i am afraid i wont leave you in " wei ying's eye contact without any smile was scary . 

everyone gulped down . 

"lets go " zixuan guided his brother in law and his wife outside . 

wei ying looked at his hand , he never beat his brother in his life , he had always been so sweet that he was fearing that if he might end up with a bad person as a partner , he would end up suffering . but once again the jiang cheng he is facing now is a complete jerk who only thinks of himself . and he had beat up two people at the same time .

he took out his phone and messaged his senior to call him on her free time so that they could talk over , even though he had treated many mental patients , his past self's one was complex . he needs his sister's guidance over it . 

after he was done , he sighed and threw the phone on the table and slept on the couch so that he could stop the person who dares to enter anymore 

yiling laozu who was gifted with high hearing power even since him resorting towards demonic cultivation was stunned at his future self's behavior towards his brother . he slapped his brother to protect him . his eyes teared up when he heard the magical voice of his sister . he had to take too much this time , his shijie was alive . his shijie was ALIVE! . he was somehow thankful to his future self who kindly rejected her offer even though a part of him yearned for his shijie's comforting touch . oh , how much he wished to stay dead . he would die happily this time knowing that his shijie was alive . he wouldnt mind dying in front of her face being stabbed or burnt or whatever it is . his brother probably wants him dead so badly that he almost put up a fight with his future self which ended up with a slap . 

'lan zhan....'

the peculiar name and that voice which kept him alive during the time he was thrown on the burial mounds to only drink up his own blood as water and corpses as food , with all resentment around him , playing with his every inch of his empty meridians , making his scream in pain with a hope someone would save him -

'wei ying!!'

it was always there , that voice and the silhouette of someone white holding him closer to him even though he knew it was his own hallucination . it helped him gain courage to battle the resentment hard enough to tame it .

'wei wuxian ! straying towards the wrong path can possess your mind!'

yes , he knew this , he even promised that he wont stray from the right path , he gave up on that promise . who will win the war if he is not there for his bro-sect leader jiang . he held on for many sleepless nights battling against the wens to protect hi-sect leader jiang . he had to keep up the promise with madame yu . and he did . 

ever since that battle , he was always afraid to sleep . he wanted someone constantly with him . there were times he knew he wont wake up the next day yet he willed himself to , just for his shij-madam jin now . 

he felt at peace only after he made his own family within the dafan wens . he was treated like a family while he himself was a monster . he felt at home-at ease even while he was starving . his qing-jie was always there for him . she was like a mother to him , caring him .

and a-yuan-.......

he curled up on the bed , tears came out from his eyes . 

he let a child survive for himself , did he survive ?

lan zhan.......

'i wish i could have came to gusu when you demanded for it , be tortured with whips , paddles or spiritual energies until my last breath . i am sorry lan zhan....'

many soft sobs left his mouth , he really wished he was dead when he was bitten by the dogs when he was a kid . he closed his eyes , while the blanket was too warm for him to remember his qing-jie , he slept crying to sleep . 

jiang cheng was astonished , his hand did not leave his slapped cheeks still now . it stung . it really stung to be slapped by someone who had no skill in cultivation at all . 

he was slapped twice today , by his sister and his future version of his brother . it really stung 

he was too desperate to see his brother and clear up his mistake with him ,his anxiety increased making him walk forward without looking back at all . he realized what he did when he felt a loud slap on his face . the look on his brother's face was equal to his mother when she was pissed off so badly . 

"a-cheng, i am sorry " he heard his sister's voice 

"jie , i am sorry ... i have to apologize to him"

"if only you werent a jerk-" zixuan rolled his eyes

"sorry"

"actually i never knew uncle wei could slap " jin ling said 

"now that i think about it , he never really got angry with us when we broke his night lamp accidentally " jingyi said

while the gang was walking , they saw lan zhan walking with hanguang jun whose eyes were red, which implied he cried a lot . 

"fat-" sizhui was cut of with lan zhan's sign of silence . lan zhan moved his mouth 'let him be alone for a while okay, i will let you meet him ' . when he nodded lan zhan smiled and left with hanguang jun . 

lan zhan walked inside the door , startling wei ying who just fell asleep . "a-ying" he said . wei ying rubbed his eyes with an mm . "is it okay to meet the other you ?" he asked quietly holding his past self's hand which was tightly clenched around him that it was white . 

"past me is sleeping now " wei ying said 

"it is fine " hanguang jun said , he wanted to see his love of his life . 

"sure , just dont wake him up okay?" wei ying said and hanguang jun nodded . 

wei ying opened the door and let hangunag jun enter . lan zhan looked at yiling laozu whose sound of breathing suddenly increased . he knew he was awake . when hanguang jun looked back lan zhan said " it is between you both " with a smile . "clear them" .

yiling laozu's short sleep came to end when he heard the door opening and some foot steps . he kept his eyes closed for his own safety . he heard the words "clear them " which belonged to lan zhan , but he was sure that this person is not his lan zhan . then he heard the door clicking and another footsteps towards him and the chair moving and a soft thump when someone sits on it . 

he felt his hand getting engulfed in a large hands holding it like it was desperate to hold him . 'just who is this?' he wondered .

"wei ying , i am glad you are alive , in front of me " 

'l-lan zhan?!'

"wei ying , i know you wont hear me but - i want to tell this . i know i am bad with words and it caused so much misunderstandings between us . wei ying , why did you leave me alone for 10 years?" the voice cracked at the end .

'dont you all want me dead lan zhan  ?' 

"i missed you so much , i was not powerful that time , but this time i will surely lay my life to protect you wei ying , please dont leave me alone . " the voice was desperate 

'no lan zhan , good should not befriend evil, dont put your white in my black . i am a murderer who killed thousands all together'

"wei ying i- " a soft sob left hanguang jun's mouth . yiling laozu's heart throbbed for some reason , he wanted to move and hug the person in front of him . he willed himself not to . "i wanted to take you to gusu so that i can hide you from this cruel world "

'lan zhan you-........... you wanted to keep me safe here and not torture me?'

"wei ying , i loved you so much , why did you leave me alone .... " another sob left the voice and he felt his hand feel up a smooth skin which he identified as the other's cheek . they were wet . yiling laozu moved his thumb to wipe them off . 

"wei ying , i want you to be with me and only me. i wont leave you by your own this time , i promise " yiling laozu felt lips on his hand and on his forehead . the latter was stunned . 

'l-lan zhan loved me?!'

"wei ying , i hope you recover soon , i-i cant wait to see your smile . you left me for so long that i -" another sob left the voice "forgot your face and your voice almost completely " 

there was a sound of the chair moving and lan zhan might have stood up - yiling laozu calculated . "wei ying , sleep well " he felt a hand caressing his cheek as if it was the precious thing in the world . soon the hand engulfing his hand moved almost reluctantly and hanguang jun tucked yiling laozu on the bed in lan style and draped his bed sheets silently over him and after giving the last stroke on yiling laozu's head he walked out opening the door quietly . 

yiling laozu was too much stunned that he did not know how much time has went , he did not hear the door opening . lan zhan loved him? . a sharp pain came to his head . he looked at his surroundings now it was in front of a cave - ohh he is hallucinating as usual . he walked inside the cave , 'wei ying !' he heard , he ran to that direction and found himself siting in a daze and lan zhan was kneeling down , desperately asking for his attention . a tear left his eyes . it was painful to hear his lan zhan calling 'wei ying !' again and again to someone who did not even bat an eye to him . 

'wei ying i love you , please look at me !' he said . wei wuxian was crying now . he saw lan zhan removing his forehead ribbon and kept it on wei ying who was sitting in his daze . the ribbon fell down . wei wuxian leaned onto the nearby wall for support while crying hard . 

'get lost!' wei ying said continuously breaking lan zhan's heart who was in tears . 'wei ying i love you , lets run somewhere else-' 'get lost!!' . wei wuxian fell down and was crying so badly . how did he not look at his lan zhan at that time?

he felt a cloth on his nose , it smelt like sandal wood . yiling laozu moved towards the smell of that sandalwood and awoke from his hallucination . he opened his eyes and saw lan zhan with short hair looking at him in worry . 

"are you fine?" lan zhan asked 

yiling laozu just stared . he looked at the cloth on his nose before taking it . 

"you started trashing around in your drama of sleeping and i tried to wake you up and it was no avail , past me left his handkerchief here and i threw it on your face , it worked ." he said monotonously 

"......"

"have it if you want , i can steal his underwear if you want to - ahh dont worry , he would rather let himself get hugged by you if you want it " lan zhan scratched the back of his head with a nervous laugh

"......." 'why the underwear?'

the laugh became serious now , lan zhan looked at yiling laozu seriously "have you gotten your answers ? do you wanna die anymore ?"

yiling laozu shook his head no 

"thats good , if you would like to , like - meet past me or your hanguang jun , inform either any of us okay? . and dont go out on your own , i am a light sleeper and i will catch you if ya try to run okay? "

the other nodded his head 

"think about your answers for him , i know you were awake my dear ."

"how?" the other mouthed

"i have a sharp hearing , like- without my earphones i can hear footsteps , breathing sounds , sound of air and everything . doesnt it mean i am too dangerous?" yiling laozu looked at him suspiciously "hahah, just kidding , sleep" lan zhan patted his head and stood up and walked away quietly that yiling laozu was stupefied that his heightened hearing senses did not hear lan zhan's walking sound 

"bye bye!" lan zhan closed the door . 

 yiling laozu was confused whether to believe this person or not . he seems to be carefree and careless yet too careful of his entire behavior . soon exhaustion took him and he slept , for once peacefully . 

2940 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 2.2K 19
What if Jiang fengmian come too late to pick up wei ying?? And our Wei ying is 10 years old who have live alone and have little to no love for the Ji...
60.7K 3.2K 22
When Wei Ying woke up in the past during his time in Cloud Recesse, he is shock to see Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli in front of him. He remember seein...
188K 10.8K 39
[Completed] After being separated by morals, by death, and at last by duties, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji find themselves with an empty space in their...
115K 7.8K 32
[Completed] BOOK 1 OF WHERE I BELONG -A Modern AU- Wei Wuxian has a mess for a past; his parent's death, an adoption he didn't believe he deserved, a...