A Typical Time Travel Story...

By Alphion_Starelle

Just your typical going back into the past with Rimuru...not. Most stories about Rimuru going back in time a... More

Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1: A Detour (revised)
Chapter 2: Demon Lords? (revised)
Chapter 3: Hello Me(revised)
Side Chapter: Yume
Chapter 4: To Dwargon (revised)
Chapter 5: Dwargon (revised)
A/N
Chapter 7: Family and Plan

Chapter 6: The Raid and Shizu

982 43 16
By Alphion_Starelle

"When someone is talking."

"When someone is thinking or talking telepathically."

<<When Ciel is talking from within Rimuru.>>

*When someone is whispering or just coughing.*
____________________________________

It's been a few days already since they returned to the village and everything is just as expected.

The dwarves have almost easily adapted to their new home and started to work. The goblins were following through what they need to do. Rigurd was out and about, giving orders efficiently. Rigur was leading the patrols. Past Rimuru was bouncing around wooden planks. All in all, everyone was doing their best in the village.

Meanwhile, the other Rimuru was heading towards Blumund.

"Catch!"

"Woof!"

Rimuru was riding on Anga while he is throwing some food for the wolf to catch. They did this while running towards their destination. Still invisible and probably will be for a lot of time.

"Let's do this with Ranga soon, Anga!" Rimuru happily exclaimed as he tossed another meat ahead, and Anga catching it.

"Hai!"

Rimuru frowned as he thought of something. Anga kept running while being curious as to what made Rimuru stop tossing meat.

"Oh, come to think of it, I've become a dog person since I reincarnated, huh? I have a wolf as a pet, beetle as the strongest in the labyrinth aside from Veldora who is also a dragon, then there's his family that is a bee, and then there is Kumara who is a nine-tailed fox. Basically, the whole of Tempest is like a collection of monsters. Do you guys think I should have a cat and an actual dog as well?"

Anga seemed to pause before running again as scrunch his forehead thinking of his words. He smiled wryly at the thought of a cat. Never mind the dog, but a cat is something that sometimes dogs are repulsed of.

"Whatever the master wishes. If you one day bring one, I'll be sure to greet them very well."

Rimuru sweat-dropped as he could feel some of Anga's unspoken meaning, but he believes that the wolves will behave and at least would try to be friendly if he brought a cat or a family of the cat species someday.

<<Master, they are near.>>

"Anga, stop."

Anga slid down to a stop. Rimuru moved his perception to a group of four near where they stood in the forest. They were already far from Blumund and halfway to the goblin village.

"Ahhhhh!!!"

"AHHHHH!!!"

"OALKSDJJFHG!!!"

"..."

As expected, the trio of idiots, together with Shizu are already running for their lives. He can't help but think again about how these three are still alive everytime they poke monsters' nests.

Rimuru directed Anga to run in their direction. Anga was quick to run, but also because of that they accidentally hit the monsters by his side as he skid to a stop.

"Anga, stop!"

The mushroom monster that was chasing them bounced off Anga's side and got blown somewhere, like the Team Rocket in Pikachu series.

"Eheh...I hope that was supposed to happen." Rimuru sweat-dropped as he faced the direction where the mushroom monster went flying, before he faced the trio who were panting on the ground.

He stares at Shizu, tearing up a bit. He missed her, his destined one. He feels a mixture of cold and warm feeling inside him. Warmth from seeing her again, and cold from knowing he was not able to save her before.

Shizu was facing the mushroom's direction, seemingly very confused. She looked back and forth to that where the monster flew off, and to where she was sure it was following them. No one else was there aside from the four of them.

She looked back to the trio as she heard Kaval say something. What she saw made her facepalm exasperatedly.

"Hey, what's this?"

Too late. Kaval had poked on another mound from the ground that Shizu was sure it was another nest, despite it being very much different from the mushroom's nest. And so, for another time today, they were all running for their lives again.

""Kaval!!!""

The new chase made Shizu forget about the confusing situation earlier, but they did resume their journey within the Great Forest of Jura.

Rimuru sighed helplessly as he followed after them. At least now, he has a chance to save his destined one. But of course, it still depends on her wishes.

Before night, the traveling four were able to lose the monsters that followed them earlier. Now, they were trying to relax around a campfire, eating their freshly cooked fish.

"It's not my fault someone in town told me mountains were once mounds before they grow!"

"Even still! You didn't have to poke on any mounds at all!"

"Elen's right. What if someday I get pushed into one, then I'll be the first 'intruder' they'll see!"

"...ma~."

"I'm still the leader and I was able to find us a river to fish. Ha!"

"Tsk, it wasn't you, idiot!"

"Just be grateful they lead us there to hide underwater."

"...everyone, let's just forget about it, okay?"

After seeing Shizu's 'smile', the trio drooped their heads apologetically. Elen then clung to Shizu's arm and smiled.

"Shizu, let's sleep beside each other again!"

Shizu sweat-dropped, remembering the nights she had to sleep beside the girl. She always wonder how Elen can sometimes suddenly put her feet near Shizu's face when she was sure Elen's head was just on the pillow beside her before they went to bed. Sometimes, Elen would accidentally kick Shizu off the bed. How is that even possible? Sometimes, she also finds her hugging her from the side or on top of her.

She smiled wryly. Even when the girl unintentionally treats like that in their sleep, she seems to almost look at her like a little sister.

The four readied their sleeping bags, with the girls to sleep first while Kaval and Gido stayed up for the first watch.

Of course they won't be alone the whole way. Anga was laid by the side while Rimuru walked towards the sleeping Shizu and crouched beside her. He silently tucked a stray hair to the back of her ears before retracting his hand.

*Hello Shizu-san...I don't know where to start with what I want say to you, but for now, I'll just say thank you, for everything you've done. You are worthy to be called a real hero. Not just a champion. But when the day comes that I have to talk to you again, I'll respect your choice. I won't be selfish this time again for you. Goodnight.*

Rimuru silently went back to Anga and settled there for the night to wait for the day, feeling worried but hopeful.

Just a few days passed and the four were again seen running in the forest, chased by monsters, angry of their homes getting disturbed. This time, it was another batch of ants, huge red ones.

Rimuru was amused. Although the situation seemed dangerous for them, it did help them speed up towards the goblin village. And now they were here. And miraculously still full of energy enough to keep running. They do have breaks whenever the chance came forth and they were still able to find nights to sleep.

And now the day has come, when the past Rimuru meets the four adventurers.

Future Rimuru was watching from the sidelines, and Anga jumped from tree to tree. Rimuru was impressed by Shizu's ability to fight and control Ifrit's flames with it. He had never actually seen Shizu in action before, so he was happy to have secretly escorted them now. He can also tell that Shizu is stepping up in her game right now, albeit reluctantly, since she's just always been running with the trio the entire time, with a few slashes here and there.

Finally, after Ifrit from within Shizu acted up and the last giant ant was about to trample Shizu, light flashed before them all, incinerating the ant to dust. Anga wagged his tail, ecstatic to see another one of Rimuru-episode.

"Master is so cool!"

"R-really?" Rimuru laughed bashfully, scratching his head.

Past Rimuru bounced up to them and after talking a bit, started guiding them to the village.

Future Rimuru stayed back for a bit as he asked Ciel.

"Is it almost time, Ciel?"

<<Hai. It would be this sunset, master.>>

Rimuru sighed but told Anga to begin following after the group to the village. While they walked the rest of the way, Rimuru organized his plans and considered every possible mistakes that might come. He has to execute his plans perfectly, so nothing should overlap or disturb his plans.

Once he reached his house in the village, he got down on Anga and told him to get some rest while he heads out.

Rimuru gently started floating off the ground, flying towards his next destination in mind.

The trio and Shizu were currently meeting and eating lunch with the past Rimuru, and once it's sunset, Shizu should be going to that hill where he went before. He will just come back as soon as he is done.

He stopped mid air and found himself on top of a village, bigger than the old goblin village. Villagers were out and about. Some were still eating, some were training their swords, all of them were doing their own thing.

He floated down and smiled. He gasped when someone familiar walked past him, almost brushing him. He had dark hair with two white horns and clothing, he was big and was carrying a box of tools happily.

Rimuru followed the future Kurobe to his place and found another familiar person there. He was almost red overall with two black horns. It was the future Benimaru.

"Have you finished it?"

"Mm, looking good and new again! Here."

Kurobe gave Benimaru a sword. Rimuru remembered the sword when he first met Benimaru. It was the one that he used to try and hit him before.

Both ogres chatted for a bit about some weapons before Benimaru left. Rimuru followed after him into a clearing by the forest and found other ogres there, being bullied by future Hakuro.

The dignified grey was obviously senile in his eyes but he sure deals some damage to the ogres training. He still remembers himself getting caught off guard the first time they met. He was still scary then and now.

He looked back to Benimaru and found him sparring with the past Souei. For some reason, he looked almost angry everytime, even when he can tell Souei really wasn't. It's just really how he looked back then.

Rimuru really wanted to join them and play but he stopped thinking that when they heard someone. He gazed towards the sound and found the past Shion running towards Benimaru.

The first time he met this purple haired ogress, she looked so serious and mad. He almost wondered if all ogres looked like that, but he remembered Shuna and some others that later on joined Tempest.

"The chief is looking for you. There's a strange bird-looking creature walking to the village."

Benimaru's brows scrunched in confusion and wanted to ask Shion but he decided it's better to just go and see matters to himself.

Some of the ogres followed after him, curious as well. The chief seemed wary of the intruder to even call in his son to join him. They wondered what was going on.

When they reached the entrance, Rimuru found Shuna already with the rest. Now the gang is complete. He thought Shuna was indeed worthy of her Princess title since she looked the cutest from what he had seen in the ogre village.

He suddenly felt a little chill on his back that brought him out of his thoughts. He sweat-dropped as he felt Ciel's glare from within. It was perhaps also a good timing since Benimaru have spoken.

"We don't want your names! Leave!"

Gelmud was about to retort when he saw the glare from Benimaru and the other ogres around the area. He shook in fury as he thought of this disrespect to his greatness. He thought they don't deserve to serve under him and his lord.

"You will regret this!"

He turned around with a flair, feeling majestic to himself. He was upset to have lost a chance to have one of the strongest races in Jura become his army, but he didn't care anymore, so long as the power transfers to his main army and puppet. He was sure that they could wipe them out easily at their state now. And one day, he shall be known among the strongest in the world.

"Was that really a good thing?"

Shion asked with conflicted feelings. Receiving names would really help them power up. Even if it depends on how much magicules can the namer give, it might still get them stronger. But they were also the strongest race in the forest. Would they really need names?

"That person is suspicious. We can't just trust anyone."

"Onii-sama is right. We should beware of that masked majin. His aura isn't trustworthy at all."

Rimuru sighed, trying to control himself as the ogres dispersed. He wasn't really that mad with Gelmud. He just saw him as a challenger, a cannon fodder, a candidate for food to his stomach in the first place. He really wanted to eat him and see what he could have gained that time. That was unnecessary now though. But he had to control himself since his thoughts were running with "what ifs". And it would not be good if Gelmud was suddenly turned into a training dummy by someone invisible this time. He will be one soon.

He sat by the rooftops, waiting for the opportunity while watching the different ogre villagers under his gaze. He could already see the ones with potential in different departments of Tempest. Most of them are warriors as expected. Some could also cook like Shuna and Hakuro, and maybe one or two like Shion.

There were even other ogres that seemed to remind him of Gobta and his gang. He was definitely going to add them under Hakuro when he wakes all the souls up. Imagine sleeping for who knows how long and suddenly waking up to train with Hakuro.

There was also Benimaru's father who acts almost like Rigurd, but more reserved, careful and observant. They would work well together. He would be another person to take on his arch nemesis, paperworks.

One of the things he enjoyed watching in this village are the different colors walking around. For such creatures, they sure are colorful and interesting while in video games, they would look hideous.

He blinked when finally "they" were near. He stared blankly at the direction he could sense them from. Suddenly, before anyone could react, an arrow on fire flew through the air. There was one, then two, then three, until they have been shot in groups. The arrows ignited the roofs that seemed to easily catch fire and spread. Screams resounded everywhere, and everyone was running around in panic, trying to salvage as much before running away. That is, if they can outrun the hungry pigs.

Rimuru stayed unmoved. Even when the roof he sat on have already collapsed, he stayed seated in midair. Seeing the people of his subordinates fall into despair, he couldn't help but think of something.

He doesn't feel anything towards them.

Simply because he knew what to do. Other than that reason, he was a monster and a demon lord. Not to forget, he is also the strongest being in the world. Perhaps, it were these reasons that made him seem heartless since then, but he can't help it. He was just no longer completely human.

There were some warriors left, trying to fight off the orcs, but they were falling hard. Somehow, they expected to win against orcs since they were supposed to be weaker races. But these orcs were different, and they realized it too late. These orcs wore full body armor and brought with them some swords. Not just that but they seem to be a little more stronger than known. It was clear that things were not normal, but the ogres can't process that quickly enough to fight properly. They were stunned while fighting hard before they were left unconscious, not knowing that they have let their guards off. They were left to fight an almost hopeless fight.

Some of them did have quick thinking and led other villagers to safety while they tank hits to protect the ones to escape. Their sacrifices weren't for naught as some of them, even if it were few, have fled from the temporary danger of their lives.

He watched on as the only surviving group slowly move towards the shades of the forest and gathered there. The houses were far enough to not spread fire to the forest on the surrounding area. It was unfortunate some other trees that were close enough.

Last to come out of a burning house that was about to fall apart was Benimaru. He ran as fast he could towards his sister and the group, and urged them to move forward, not to turn back for now.

They immediately started running away. With tears and different emotions swirling in their eyes.

Rimuru looked back at was once the village of ogres and found the orcs loitering around, looking for survivors to eat. They spent all night to search and eat the remnants of the settlement.

Houses were charred, burned and destroyed. Rain suddenly fell from the already dark skies, putting off the fire in its wake.

"I thought I saw another red head from that house earlier."

"It must be just his soul trying to haunt and scare you. The orcs have found no survivors already, didn't you say? Kuhuhu."

Rimuru gazed at a certain direction, seeing the fat guy with an angry mask talking to an orc general before they turned around and left the village, almost looking delighted from the way he skipped or danced.

This one, he wanted to punch. He was familiar with him, but not in the good way. He sighed to calm down and restrain himself. The right time to take action on him would definitely come. Footman would be fine with Kazaream and Tear soon, despite it being not in the way that anyone could see him. For Jahil on the other hand, it won't be good for him in the end either way.

The rain stopped as soon as the sun started to rise. Twigs breaking and the sound of almost non-existent footsteps resounded. If it weren't for his superior senses, he would have not noticed him in the first place. The shadow was almost as good as Henrietta's, but he could see that he doesn't have the ability of entering the shadows yet. Future Souei was only running under the shadows, just like how he did through Shion when he first met him, almost like human assassin.

The blue ogre was crouching and running around the fallen town cautiously, afraid of surprise attacks if there might still be orcs wandering around. He returned back to the direction he came from and paused by the line of trees. Looking back, he sighed in sorrow, accompanied by a look of confusion in his eyes. He was probably wondering about something that troubled him.

Rimuru looked into the skies after seeing the ogre take off once again. With a solemn but low voice, he asks.

"Is it done, Ciel?"

<<Affirmative. I have already started it since the arrows came in. Everything is perfectly executed, master.>>

He sighed in relief and smiled, trying to relieve the nervousness he felt. He knew his partner could do it perfectly, but he was nervous he might fail. He still underestimates himself, even Ciel would...facepalm herself.

"Then I guess I should hurry back. It won't be too long and another problem needs to be solved right after another this time."

<<Hai. Another problem needs to be solved...>>

Rimuru felt like there is something else behind her words but chose to ignore it.

It's probably nothing major if it's Ciel...
...
...
...no, everything is usually major when it involves Ciel. But I should just trust her as always.

He teleported himself at the center of the town to wait. The sun has already shone up in the sky, and another event would start soon enough. But it was still a little too early, so he decided to quit waiting and join the village's breakfast.

Walking towards the tent where the group first ate yesterday, he could already hear the noises inside.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! It's my meat, Kaval!"

"It wasn't me! It was him!"

"You're clearly holding her meat! Elen, I raised that meat. Give it back to me!"

"...sluuurp."

"Yare yare~."

"Rimuru-san, tell these boys it's my meat!"

First Rimuru sighed but hesitated to join the past Rimuru inside. He stared at the tent "door", wondering how he could get inside without being noticed.

<<He must have forgotten about teleportation again.>>

"Hmm? Did you say something, Ciel?"

<<Nothing.>>

I could tell she's smirking but I'll ignore that. Now, how to get inside?

He almost drilled holes on the tent's flap from how much he was starring at it, but in the end, he decided to just enter and they'll just think it's the wind.

Right after he decided that, and took a step to enter, the people from inside decided to come out. Rimuru's eye ticked in annoyance as they passed through him.

"Hooh, did it suddenly get cold all of a sudden?"

It was a good thing he set himself like a human ghost so people could just get through him and not touch him. But they definitely would feel like he was a ghost.

"We just got out. Of course outside would colder than inside."

"It was only at the door though."

"Let's stop talking about the door. I still have to show you all something for your trip."

The group followed the slime as it bounced
towards Rigurd and a few other goblins' direction.

Halfway there, Shizu stopped and froze. The group suddenly realized she wasn't following them and they looked back to see Shizu acting unusual.

"Ugh...Not...Again..."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Shizu-san."

"Hey, What's wrong?"

"Shizu-san!"

"Ugh! Ahhh!!!"

Shizu fell to the ground, kneeling and it seemed like something was trying to come out of her.

First Rimuru immediately flew off at a distance. He already knew what will happen and should just wait for his part to work.

Everything is happening as it should be. Ifrit showed himself and brought forth his minions. Past Rimuru exchanged words with Ranga and the trio. Rigurd and Rigur helping everyone to evacuate. Elen shooting Icicle Lance at Ifrit's minions, and finally, past Rimuru replicating it with his Icicle Shotgun.

Rimuru could still sense Shizu from within Ifrit, and shielded her soul from the attacks that Ifrit received and made, just in case.

He spread out his perception and found nothing out of plan. Looking back to the fight, it was already the part where past Rimuru realized fire is harmless to him.

First Rimuru sweat-dropped remembering such an embarrassing situation, and felt Ciel's exasperated look him.

"Oi, you can't blame me for not knowing the full extent of my abilities that time yet!"

<<I didn't say anything, master.>>

I can definitely feel her mocking smirk.

Past Rimuru have already eaten Ifrit and lifted Shizu by the time First Rimuru looked around in sadness to the burned materials and a few tents that wasn't covered by his past's barrier in time. He could still feel his annoyance to Ifrit for doing that. It wasn't that big of a worry since they have a lot of resources around the forest, but it sure did delay them a lot.

He looked back to where Shizu and the group were being carried by Ranga and the goblins to a surviving tent. He sighed to prepare himself. This time, it's his turn to take action.

____________________________________

Words: 4048

I finally finished the revised part. Tho I might still have to revise this and the next ones if I need to edit it at some point. I felt like I've been out for awhile but really, I was just doing some rewriting.

Anyways, thank you for reading and I hope you like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...
18.1K 1K 30
One day, Rimuru wakes up only to find that he's once again been reincarnated into another world. Only instead of being a Slime, he's been reincarnate...
99.3K 3.5K 26
He lost everything. His friends, his family. Then, he had a chance to restart his life, and protect his loved ones. But how will he do it? What event...
46.4K 1K 40
Rimuru awakens after his evolution to find that more has changed besides just a simple increase in strength. For starters, he has become a she!!! Ho...