ZeeZee: You as a K-pop Idol

By willow_hazel

You can, you should, and if you're brave enough, you will. That is your motto as you navigate the K-pop indus... More

AUTHOR'S_NOTE
CRASH LANDING
ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS
THE CALL-BACK
YOUR FIRST EXAMINATION
EXAMINATION REACTION
BREAKDOWN
EXAMINATION 2
SIXTEEN_PART 1
SIXTEEN_PART 2
SIXTEEN_PART 3
SIXTEEN_PART 4
SIXTEEN PART_5
SIXTEEN_PART 6
SIXTEEN_PART 7
PNATION
MAKING ZEEZEE
ZEEZEE: THE ALBUM
DEBUT REACTION
THE DEBUT PERFORMANCE
ZEEZEE: KPOP PROFILES
ERIC NAM INTERVIEW
YOUR FIRST VLIVE_PART 1
YOUR FIRST VLIVE_PART 2
YOUR FIRST MC JOB_PART 1
YOUR FIRST MC JOB_PART 2
LUNCH DATE WITH PSY
DAILY VLOG_PART 1
DAILY VLOG_PART 2
MCOUNTDOWN_PART 1
MCOUNTDOWN_PART 2
MCOUNTDOWN_PART 3
MEN ON A MISSION_PART 1
MEN ON A MISSION_PART 2
NCT
GROUP CHATS
JESSI HYUNA & DAWN
CHAN'S ROOM_PART 1
CHAN'S ROOM_PART 2
COLLABORATION PROJECT VOL.1
CHART-TOPPER
THE LATE LATE SHOW
NONSENSE
ZEEZEE: The World Tour 'I am the dream'
DAILY VLOG
IDOL RADIO
IDOL RADIO_PART 2
DAILY VLOG_PART 2
MCOUNTDOWN
JCC (Johnny's Communication Centre)
YOUR FIRST FANMEET
RHIANNA
AMERICA
JIMMY FALLON
THE MET GALA 2019
JESSI SHOWTERVIEW
BTS X ZEEZEE: AUTHOR'S NOTE

MCOUNTDOWN

1.4K 34 3
By willow_hazel

"Today is the day guys!" I grin at the vlogging camera at the back of the car. "We are on our way to my first performance on MCountdown and I am so excited!"
"Yeah, she hasn't shut up about it all day," My bodyguard, Nari, mutters.
"You can't say anything – you've been talking about seeing ATEEZ all day."

She starts blushing.

"Anyway," I say, trying not to laugh. "We're just getting back from a photoshoot with – drum roll please," The staff in the front seats start thumping on the dashboard. "Louis Vuitton!"

Everyone applauds.

"I was so surprised when PSY told me about it as well. I knew I'd get sponsored by someone, but I think a designer brand as my first is pretty impressive. I am now an official ambassador. They were so nice to me – I got a bunch of gifts from them, and the photoshoot turned out great!"

~ YOUR GIFTS ~

"Which one was your favourite?" My manager, Sung-ho asks.
"You'll laugh at me."
"Don't tell me it's the slippers," Nari groans.
"They're fluffy!"

Everyone in the car laughs, when suddenly, the car lurches to a stop and my stomach drops.

"What was that?" I ask, craning my neck to look out the windscreen. There, on the road ahead of me, are miles upon miles of cars, and it doesn't look like it's going to start moving any time soon.

"We're not going to make it, are we?"

After a minute of thought, I take a deep breath and get out of the car.

"What are you-"

I open the boot.

"You're running, aren't you?" Sung-ho sighs, getting out of the car.
"You got any trainers?"

He sighs, and after a moment of contemplation, he pulls the ones off his feet.

"You'll have to stuff them, but they'll do."

I smile. There's no way I'm being late.

***

Sprinting down the side of the road, vlogging camera held up to my face, I check my phone to see I only have five miles left.

"So," I puff, talking to the camera. "You're probably wondering, why the hell is she running thirteen miles just to get to some stupid performance? Well," I gasp, taking another breath. "Here's some K-pop trivia for you. If you're late to one music show, you're banned from them all, so there's no way I'm being late to my first one. No chance at all."

***

I'm on the final stretch of the run, the building in view, and I'm soaked in sweat, completely out of breath, the only feeling in my legs a strong burn. I spot some of my staff at the entrance, anxiously scanning the crowd, when finally, their eyes lock on me, along with the rest of my fans.

They cheer loudly as I come down the final stretch, and I attempt to wave, but suddenly, I stumble over a loose paving stone and collapse on the ground. Everyone watching gasps and my staff come running over.

"I'm fine," I laugh. "I'm fine."

I try to get up, but with a wobble, my legs give in and I'm caught by my staff.

"What happened!" One of my fans shout.
"Funny story," I shout back laughing. "Why did no one tell me there was traffic?!"

***

"You'd think these places would have a shower," Addy mutters as she wipes off my sweat. I chuckle lightly, chugging my fifth bottle of water. "And did you have to run? Surely there was a bike or something nearby?"
"I'm here, aren't I?"
"Exactly!" PSY shouts, giving a dramatic entrance. "So now, all you have to worry about is your performance, which I already know is going to be amazing," He grins, planting a kiss on my damp forehead.

"Someone call me a miracle worker, 'cause I did it!" Addy shouts, finishing off my makeup with a final flourish.

~ YOUR OUTIFT ~

"And just in time too," I say, giving her a rushed kiss on the cheek. "Thank you!"
"Yeah, yeah. Get going – you've got a performance to do."

I smile and rush off, trying not to fangirl too much as I see idols walking by.

"Ready?" Sung-ho asks, helping me with my mic. I nod, nerves kicking in slightly. "Don't worry," He smiles, pinching my cheek. "You're gonna do great."

I nod, and after a couple pats on the back from my backup dancers, we take our position on stage.

***

Seonghwa, Momo and Kai stand in front of the camera smiling, with their MC cards and mics in hand.

"And now for a girl Momo is very familiar with," Seonghwa begins.
"Yes," She smiles. "A previous contestant on Sixteen and Korea's hottest new soloist."
"Fresh off her debut," Kai grins. "Please welcome to the stage, ZeeZee! And her chart-topping title track, Knock!"

***

I take deep breaths, ignoring the rushing thoughts through my head of falling on stage, forgetting the lyrics, forgetting the choreography, forgetting the-

Like I said, completely out of my head. I mime pulling the thoughts from my head – for some reason it helps – and I take my starting position.

Finally, the lights go up.

The cheers thunder in my ears and I smile so hard my face aches. The cheers are so loud, I almost don't hear PSY in my earpiece telling me to hurry to the MCs.

***

"Hello!" I smile, waving to the camera.
"Hello!" The MCs smile back.
"ZeeZee, I have to ask. How are you dancing in those heels?"
"Oh," I laugh. "When you've worn them for so long, they become second nature."
"How tall are you?" Seonghwa asks.
"5,6. 5,11 in these.. I think?"

The three of them laugh.

"Well, how does it feel to have your whole album in the top ten?" Momo asks.
"It feels amazing! I did not expect such an amazing reaction to my debut. I could hardly believe it when I heard. So, to all my Stayzees out there, thank you and I hope you loved my performance."

I grin, waving to the camera.

The three of them wave me off, and I run backstage to a wall of staff.

***

The adrenaline rush is... incredible! I can't wait to get on stage again – I don't even care if I've won. So, when I'm called back on stage for them to announce the winner, I'm not worried – just excited.

"So," Momo begins. "Without further ado, it's time to announce the winner!"

Someone taps me on the back, and I turn around – it's VIXX Ravi. He smiles at me.

"Just a reminder of the confetti – it's pretty loud if you're not used to it." I stand a little in awe, before smiling and bowing a thank you. I turn back around.

"And the winner is... ZeeZee!"

The confetti goes off and I flinch. Did they just say ZeeZee? Me?

Ravi nudges my back and I snap out of my reverie, taking the outstretched mic from Momo.

I feel my hand shaking, tears prickling at the back of my eyes.

"I- I-"
"Deep breaths," Momo whispers, sliding her hand into mine. I take deep, slow breaths.

"I just want to say to all of my fans," I smile, tears streaming down my face. "Words can't even begin to describe how it feels to finally be achieving my dream. I-I've given up so much for this, a-and for it to be real, for it to be happening-" I let out a sob. "It's amazing. And, and me being here today is a testament to everyone th-that this is a place where you can do anything, be anything you want to be!"

Everyone starts cheering – even the idols on stage.

"So, so thank you. Everyone."

I bow to the camera and take the trophy and bouquet of flowers as the idols and MCs walk backstage, ready for my encore stage.

"Now," I grin, handing my backup dancers and the trophy and flowers. "I've seen a lot of people taking to the internet to say that I can't sing Fine live. So, unbelievers, this is for you!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 685 18
you get a new job to express your creativity, the best job you've ever had.
16.1K 383 26
Little did she know that her birthday celebration would turn her world around. {still UNEDITED. sorry for grammar, spelling, and other errors}
11.8K 224 7
𝓗𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗮 𝓒𝗼𝗿𝗽, Oc Company ➢ ˒ ࣪ ❛❛ we believe in unity and harmony ... ❜❜ ʚɞ ֪ ׂ ━ ﹪ ๋𓈒 ✶ ˖ 𝙸𝙽 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙷﹕harmonia's inventors neve...
46.5K 1K 50
[oceans] calming. free flowing. listening. that is who they are to you. an ocean.