The Titans

By _mitch_writes

Born from nothing, Autumn was given everything by her adoptive mother when she was just a baby. When her pict... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - the final chapter
Author's note

Chapter 11

5 1 0
By _mitch_writes

Matt began to gently shake me awake. He hushed me and pointed in the direction of a pathway further up the mountain. I nodded and stood up grabbing my bag. Nightingale came straight to my side. The sun had set, and I held my breath in anticipation of meeting whoever had been writing to me.

We waited as the footsteps of someone approaching got louder and louder. Each step echoed, making it known there was only one person, and their presence was to be known.

The footsteps stopped as a figure appeared in front of us. It was a tall figure with a mask over their face. They were wearing a loose white shirt and black trousers with no shoes. As they lifted the mask, I was greeted with a very handsome face with a long scar crossing his face. He had dark green eyes and dark features that could lure you in.

Our eyes met and he moved out of the path, gesturing for us to go up. I began walking with the others following. The path spiralled around the mountain with makeshift steps seemingly carved from the mountain. Our steps were like raindrops onto concrete and for once I felt untouchable.

Then the path disappeared. It stopped and once again we came face to face with a cliff face. I stood confused until the man was behind me. He smirked at me as he passed me and lowered his mask before stepping through the wall. I watched his body disappear and Nightingale disappeared after him.

I turned to the others and grabbed Ruby's hand who grabbed Matt's.

"Ready?" I asked and she nodded. With a hesitant step, I crept towards the wall and slipped right through into what looked like a cave. The blinding light from the opening made me bring my hand up. I continued to shuffle forward until the hidden world revealed itself.

I gasped as I took in the beauty around me. The first thing that shocked us all was the colour. Trees were sprouted all over, covered in flowers or fruit of every colour. Houses were littered around made from clay but coloured. People were wearing beautiful gowns and had faces lined with reds, golds, and purples. As I looked further, a path made of broken stones led to a big white castle.

Each window was shining different lights onto the ground through the coloured panels. Flags of every colour swung in the wind and confetti of leaves were falling around us. Even the water shimmered with exotic colours.

"Come. She is expecting you." The man spoke with a rough voice and a strange accent. I couldn't place it, but it soon became the last thing on my mind as we walked through the crowds that had gathered. They spoke every language and seemed to be from all over the world. I had never been in a more diverse place.

We arrived at the castle and were ushered inside. The man opened a door down a long corridor and waited patiently for us. The walls were white with black wood lining the top, middle, and bottom. The floor was dark wood with carpet lining the centre. On the walls were pictures of women of all different backgrounds next to wolves.

"They are all women?"

The mysterious man spoke, "Yes. Only women become titans."

I hummed and smiled with pride.

"What kind of goddess would bless the stupider sex anyway?" He winked at me, and I blushed.

I turned back to the walls avoiding his gaze. Most were paintings and looked incredibly old until we reached what must have been the most modern one.

She had long brown hair and hazel eyes with a stark white wolf next to her. They stood in a regal pose holding so much power even they were still.

"She looks just like you, Autumn." I nodded and reached my hand out to trace her face.

"That's because it is your mother." A voice called from the door. I turned to see an old woman with grey hair being supported by the man. She was dressed in a long white gown with two light blue lines on one cheek.

"Esmerelda, Alpha of the Crescent moon pack. Before it fell with her death. Strong, fearless, and an absolute badass. From what I've heard she is just like her daughter." I turned back to the portrait and stared in awe at my creator.

The woman smiled at the man, and he let her go closing the door and walking away. I found myself watching him leave and only turned my attention back to the woman when he was out of sight.

"Poseidon is the lead warrior here as well as a teacher of self-defence to the young. I knew he would bring you here in one piece."

I nodded and hummed a little. We walked through the doorway and into a small office where she sat at the desk. I sat on the chair and the others sat on a sofa.

"Well, Autumn. You are probably wondering who I am? And you probably have a lot of questions." I nodded vigorously.

"Well, I am Iris, and I am your auntie. Your mother was my sister and before she died, she had you. I then gave you to Sarah. I was sorry to hear about her death. She was a strong woman; people really admired her."

I looked to my lap and nodded slowly.

"Have you been writing the book?" I asked pulling it out of my bag and she nodded placing an almost identical book on the table. The only difference was it was black.

"They are enchanted, just as Kira and Ruby are to protecting you. The same witch enchanted everything including our hiding spot up here in the mountains. Where is Kira? I didn't see her come in."

Silence filled the room before Ruby spoke, "She died."

Iris nodded and smiled sympathetically at us before standing up. She turned and began looking through a set of drawers. She then pulled out a box and handed it to me.

I popped the lid open and revealed a small medal in the shape of a wolf. The wolf was standing in front of another wolf. The ribbon was gold in colour and felt delicate in my hand.

"We give it to wolves who make the ultimate sacrifice. She deserves this." I held it close and kissed it before putting it in my bag.

"Iris, what is this place? What am I? Why were my parents killed protecting me? Why is my co- Greyson trying to kill me?" She smiled and walked around to sit next to me. She took my hand in hers.

"One at a time, Autumn. Firstly, this place is a sanctuary for all wolves across the world. It connects every continent together. Each colour represents a region of the world and people wear those colours to show their heritage. You would normally wear white and be wearing light blue paint in two lines on your left cheek." She gestured to her face. "A male of your family would have two lines on their right cheek.

"The second question is a little more difficult to explain. Have you ever heard of titans?"

I explained what Ruby had told me and Ruby chimed in now and again.

"Well, Ruby you are right. Titans are creatures put on the planet when something needs to be fixed. They are werewolves that have separate wolves and humans. The moon goddess blesses a mother with a daughter when cleansing needs to happen. There can only be one titan in each colour at one time. Normally the youngest daughter becomes a titan when their mother dies. But as your mother died right after you were born, you are the white titan, Autumn. No other titan currently exists.

"Nightingale is your wolf and since arriving here has begun her change. She will get bigger until she is the height of a person. She will be stronger, and the bond you two share will grow. Then you will go and cleanse what needs to be done."

I rolled back in my chair and took all the information in. They knew what I was before I even did.

"It's a lot to take in. For now, would you like to rest up and join us for dinner? I will have someone show you to your rooms. There are clothes in there but don't feel obliged to wear them if you don't want to." The other two thanked her and followed a woman dressed in red to their room.

"Iris, just one more question." She smiled and nodded. "Do titans have mates?"

"Well, Autumn. Some do, some don't. It's not as sure as other werewolves. But it doesn't mean you are not capable of that kind of love."

I smiled and embraced her shortly taking her by surprise before following another woman up to my room.

I thanked her as I entered. She nodded curtly before walking back down the corridor.

The room was completely white apart from a thin light blue throw on the bed. The bed had curtains surrounding it and large puffed cushions placed on the bed. It looked very comfortable.

Nightingale dragged a pillow onto the floor and began snoozing by a glass door, most likely to watch the world go by. I put down my bag and walked over to a set of doors. I opened them and it revealed a large walk-in closet. All different sizes of dresses hung in there. Skirts, blouses, tops, underwear. Everything was white with small blue details. I looked through until I found a light dress. It was to the floor but had an open back. I picked some light blue underwear and placed them on the bed.

Finding the bathroom, I took a long shower, watching the water change from brown to clear. I scrubbed my skin until it became clear, and I felt lighter.

As I stepped out of the shower, I looked at my knotted hair. I began brushing it through thankful it was a lot shorter now.

Changing quickly, I looked at my appearance and for once felt comfortable in clothes. I entered the bathroom again and found a pot of light blue paint. Remembering what Iris told me, I dipped two fingers in and drew two lines on my left cheek. Washing off the remainder, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was meant to be here. Home.

I then washed off Nightingale and put two lines of blue paint on her snout as she wouldn't stop bugging me until I did. When we were both clean and ready for dinner, I sat on the bed and looked out the glass door. People were beginning to come into the castle, and I assumed it was for dinner. The sun was setting, and the sky became red and orange. It was beautiful.

AN: vote and comment.

What do you think of the sanctuary?

Is Poseidon good news or another person lost to the what ifs?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 90 16
When their newborn baby gets kidnapped, it is up to Raven and Damian to get her back. But what happened when they don't know where to start? With the...
277K 6.8K 34
{I wrote this when I was like 13 imsorry} #3 teentitans out of 944 stories #6 dccomcis out of 1000+ stories #12 damianwayne out of 1000+ stories ...
94.3K 3.2K 52
"I love you, Dad... But having Superman as your father and living in his shadow is... hard... I can't ever live up to that..." The daughter of Super...