Winter Is Here // Game Of Thr...

By Audelia01

"You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved" Audelia Stark of Winterfell, the beauty of the seven ki... More

Audelia Stark of Winterfell
Winter Is Coming
The King's Road
Winter Is Coming (Jaime POV)
The King's Road (Jaime POV)
The Ride (Audelia POV)
The Ride P.2 (Audelia POV)
Baratheon's dream
Honor (Jaime POV)
Bastard (Audelia's POV)
The Golden Crown(Audelia POV)
The Lion And The Wolf(Jaime POV)
A Hothead (Audelia POV)
Duty Over Love(Audelia POV)
Love Over Duty (Jaime POV)
You Win Or You Die(Audelia POV)
Baelor (Audelia POV)
Black Is My New Color(Audelia POV)
Captivity(Jaime POV)
The North Remembers (Audelia POV)
What Is Dead May Never Die (Audelia POV)
I Swear It(Jaime POV)
Rescue Mission(Audelia POV)
Love and War(Jaime POV)
Hate or Love? Tomato Tomato(Audelia POV)
Walk of Punishment (Audelia POV)
Maimed Lion (Jaime POV)
Wolf Judges the Lion(Audelia POV)
It's Time(Audelia POV)
Pain(Jaime POV)
Death From Above (Audelia POV)
The Beginning of the End(Audelia POV)
Regret(Jaime POV)
Numb(Jaime POV)
Rains of Castamere (Audelia POV)
Painful(Jaime POV)
The Purple Wedding(Jaime POV)
Revenge Goes Both Ways (Audelia POV)
Sold(Audelia POV)
Hopes to Dreams to Disappointment(Jaime POV)
Wrong(Audelia POV)
Childish Fears(Audelia POV)
A New Era(Audelia POV)
If You Think This Has A Happy Ending... You Haven't Been Paying Attention
Scars(Audelia POV)
I've Had Enough(Jaime POV)
I Am Not Afraid Of Death(Audelia POV)
Bring The Pain(Audelia POV)
How To Keep Wanting Without Ever Getting (Jaime POV)
Life-Changing News (Audelia POV)
Decisions Decisions(Audelia POV)
War Again?(Jaime POV)
Don't Make Me That Guy(Jaime POV)
Are you Stupid or an Enemy?(Audelia POV)
Planning a War(Jaime POV)
I Wish This Never Ended(Jaime POV)
The Bear (Audelia POV)
The Army I Promised(Jaime POV)
I Served House Stark Once But House Stark Is Dead(Audelia POV)
The Battle Of The Bastards (Jaime POV)
The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)
The Black Wolf(Audelia POV)
News from the Capital My Lord(Jaime POV)
Physical Attraction Chemical Reaction(Audelia POV)
Questions But No Answers(Audelia POV)
Assurance(Audelia POV)
You Were Never Even A Player(Audelia POV)
With Love(Jaime POV)
Seven Hells(Jaime POV)
Nothing Ever Goes According To Plan(Third Person POV)
The Lone Wolf Dies(Audelia POV)
And The Pack Survives(Jaime POV)
Arrangements Can Be Made(Third Person POV)
Reuniting Brothers(Third Person POV)
Twins are not meant to be Lovers. Or are they?(Jaime POV)
The Night Gathers(Third Person POV)
I Will Be Waiting(Third Person POV)
Old Endings and New Beginnings(Third Person POV)
Hidden Enemies and Common Friends(Audelia POV)
Second Chance(Third Person POV)
Now It Begins(Third Person)
Now It Ends (Third POV)

In the Lion's Den(Third Person POV)

909 24 5
By Audelia01

*Stay safe out there. We stand with Ukraine. Remember, far from all Russians want this. I was born in Russia myself, I don't live there anymore, thank God. Neither I, or my Family support any of it, and I assure you that almost no other Russian citizen does either. Blame the government. Stay safe, stay kind*

============================

"Your Grace", said the Blackfish. "Would it truly be wise to travel to the enemies lands? Why can't the meeting be held somewhere more neutral? Harrenhal perhaps".

"It has already been decided, my Lord", replied Audelia calmly. 

"Cersei invited me to King's Landing. I'll go to King's Landing but not alone. Call the Banners", ordered Audelia. Lord Blackfish smiled to himself before nodding to one of his men to do what the Queen asked of him. Sometimes Audelia reminded him so much of Robb.

"Wise choice, your Grace", continued the Blackfish proudly. 

"You know, I once asked my Father how can a man be brave if he is afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave, he told me", said Audelia and turned to look at him. Snow was falling all around them but they ignored it. It was a wasteland in front of them, flat with no houses, or mountains, or rivers. Just like a dessert, only snow. It was a calming presence, nothing like the busy streets of King's Landing, or the Houses pressed against each other with barely enough room for all the occupants. The North has perhaps less people, but it was stronger because of it.

"I am afraid Uncle. Completely terrified", Audelia finally admitted. She hadn't told anyone, not even Jaime before he left. She was too afraid to admit it. She didn't want to show her cracks, because then everyone else would begin to crack too. She couldn't show weakness to others. Not to her loved ones or those she didn't trust. But she has always been truthful with Uncle Brynden, and she wouldn't stop now. He was a cold man to others, but a warm and kind Uncle to her. He never turned a deaf ear to her pain, and suffering, and complaints. It was why her Uncle Edmure was so jealous, he hated the fact how well Blackfish and her got along. 

"Good. You would be a fool not to be", replied Uncle Brynden and smiled at her, feeling proud of who she has become. She had truly grown from a young little pup into a true, strong, ruthless she wolf. Just like her parents always taught her and her siblings to be. Who couldn't be prouder?

Audelia turned and saw Arya approach, her hand on her sword. Audelia couldn't help but smile at her young sister. She wasn't a child anymore, she was a woman, a Warrior. A good one. Arya truly did become who she wanted to be.

Audelia nodded to her Uncle, silently telling him to go. He nodded back, and bowed before walking away, and past Arya.

"You used to be taller", said Arya as she stopped right beside Audelia, and also looked out into the snowy wasteland.

"And you used to be smaller", replied Audelia with a smile. "You may no longer be, but you will always be my Tiny".

Arya rolled her eyes, but a fond smile also spread over her lips. She remembered the god awful nickname Audelia had given her when they were younger. She seems to be unable to escape it.

"Where we you before? I could have used your help with Jon", said Audelia and Arya smiled at the mention of their brother. 

"He doesn't like your Lannister, does he?", she asked and Audelia sighed.

"Not completely. Can't blame him. Jaime is not exactly well liked around these parts of the world", replied Audelia.

"Or any part of the world", added Arya and Audelia nodded.

"He is defending our family", continued Arya and Audelia nodded in understanding.

"He's my family too", replied Audelia and even though Arya did not approve of Jaime, or like him. She had to respect him as her future Brother-by-law. He would be part of the family whether she liked it or not. She might as well learn to live with him.

"For what it's worth, I'm glad you found someone who you trust, and who supports you, loves you, is kind to you, is strong for himself and for you", said Arya, and smiled at her elder sister. "You will need that more than all of us. You are the Queen. Heavy is the head that wears the crown".

"You know, I don't actually have a crown. I should have one commissioned", said Audelia thoughtfully. Arya laughed at the response.

"You would look good with a silver crown. But you don't need a Tiara for everyone to know that you are Queen. Cersei needs one, Joffrey needed one. But you don't. Everyone already knows, and respects you for it", replied Arya, and Audelia smiled down at her.

"Look at you, being all smart", Audelia teased, making Arya laugh.

Audelia had missed this kind of interaction with her siblings. The way their conversations just flowed naturally, like they did before everything. But she knew nothing would ever be the same. And that was alright. Everything changed with time, and they had to change with it, otherwise they would get stuck, and be unable to get out and move on. 

Jaime had been taken out of the cells, and forced to bath early in the morning. He had barely gotten a wink of sleep, or so he thought. It was hard to tell whether you were asleep or awake in complete darkness for so long. But judging by the dark bags under his eyes he did not get that much sleep.

The servants quickly dressed him, gave him a new golden hand to wear, a new haircut, and they completely shaved off his beard, giving him a fresh look. He didn't like it. He liked the beard that he had accumulated over the course if his stay in the North. It was comforting, and it served as extra protection against the cold. 

Later, he was brought to Cersei's chambers to wait for her to come from a 'meeting' with her Lords, that will not be attending the meeting but will be affected by it.

"They have arrived, my Lord. The meeting should begin shortly. Her Majesty the Queen wishes for you to accompany her", Qyburn had informed him, and he nodded. Hope filled his chest as he couldn't wait to see Audelia again. It had been too long, more than a fortnight since he last saw her.

As soon as Cersei walked over to him, Jaime straightened himself. 

"How long do you intend to keep me away?", Jaime asked, his voice sore since he hadn't used it for so long. "I made a promise to fight for the living-".

"Our child will rule Westeros", she said, putting a hand over her stomach. Jaime resisted a flinch at the reminder of the abomination that he and Cersei created. 

"He will be King of the Seven Kingdoms, and rule just as I have. Do you not wish to see that happen?", asked Cersei, resisting a small smile. "Do you really want to abandon our child, just like you did with Tommen?".

Cersei knew exactly how to get under Jaime's skin, and play with his heart. He still had nightmares about Tommen, about Myrcella and Joffrey dying in his arms as they begged for his help. He knew he could have prevented their deaths, yet he didn't. He would never forgive himself for this.

"Let them fight it out in the North. Let the monsters kill each other. While we take back what is rightfully ours. While we rule. Together. Like we were always meant to", Cersei said, her voice quiet as she got closer, leaning forward towards his lips.

For the first time in his life, Jaime pulled away. He didn't want Cersei on him. He didn't want her anywhere near him. And for the first time, his body seemed to recognize that, since he was able to pull away, and step back, creating distance between him and Cersei.

"No", Jaime said, his voice the opposite of confident, and quiet, barely audible.

"No?", asked Cersei, taken aback a little.

"No", Jaime tried to sound more confident, in which he succeeded. However, Cersei knew him well enough to see right through him. 

Before Cersei could say anything else, Qyburn entered and bowed to his Queen.

"They are here, your Grace", Qyburn informed Cersei. She calmed her expression, and turned away from Jaime, forgetting he existed. Meanwhile, Jaime's heart skipped a beat, knowing that Audelia was close.

"Why isn't she with them?", asked Cersei after Qyburn told her that Daenerys hadn't arrived with the others.

"I'm afraid, I don't know, your Grace. Nobody has seen her", replied Qyburn, eyeing Jaime sceptically for a moment.

"And the rest of them?", asked Cersei, calmly.

"They are on the way to the Dragon Pit now", replied Qyburn.

"Including our brother, and the Stark whore?", asked Cersei and Jaime involuntarily perked up at the mention of the two.

"Yes, your Grace", replied Qyburn with only a moment's of hesitation.

Cersei nodded and turned around to walk towards the doors but she stopped in front of the Mountain, with a small smile.

"If anything goes wrong, kill the fur covered, dark haired whore first, then the silver haired bitch", ordered Cersei and Jaime clenched his jaw. Over his dead body. "Then our brother, the rest of them, you can kill in any order you see fit".

Jaime listened with an open mouth. He didn't think Cersei would stoop that low, but then again, she seemed to keep surprising him. 

Before Jaime could even stand up from his seat, Cersei quickly turned to him, and got close to his ear, making him shiver.

"Nobody walks away from me, Jaime. Remember that the consequences will be far worse", whispered Cersei, and without another word, walked out of the room, accompanied by her Queen's Guard.

Jaime sat there for a moment before the Lannister Guards entered and hauled him to his feet, and pushed him forward so he would walk.

King's Landing was just as Audelia remembered it. Dangerous, and packed with people. It was the same when she first travelled here with her sisters and Father. It still felt like yesterday, riding through those gates, and seeing the castle for the first time. Back then she saw this as a place of possibilities, and love. Now she knew better. It was a trap, to lure you in. It was an absolutely horrible place. The Red Keep... Audelia will be damned if she went South again after this. 

The guards in front of her held the Stark House Banners high, showing anyone who looked who they were, and why they were here. It reminded Audelia a lot of how she first arrived with her Father here.

"Welcome! Queen Stark, my Lords", greeted Qyburn as he walked closer. Audelia watched him, she remembered him from her short stay with the Boltons back when the War of the Five Kings was still in motion.

"Your friends arrived before you did", continued Qyburn, and motioned to Sandor, Jon and Tyrion behind him that were patiently waiting.

Audelia quickly got off her horse, and her men, as well as the Blackfish did as well. "The meeting will be held at the Dragon Pit and the honor of your presence is requested", continued Qyburn as Audelia walked closer, her heavy dark cloak on her shoulders, with a Stark pin on it, clearly symbolizing who she was.

Audelia turned to look behind at Brienne. "Podrick, get the things settled in. We are staying for the Night and leaving tomorrow morning".

"Yes, my Queen", replied Podrick, and motioned for a few of the Guards to follow as they walked towards the Castle.

"If you would like to change into something more appropriate", continued Qyburn, looking at Audelia expectantly, but she just took off her gloves that protected her from the cold, and the harsh reins of the horse.

Neither said anything, and Qyburn took it as a sign, and turned around to lead them to the Dragon Pit.

"My Queen", greeted Jon, bowing his head a little. Audelia smiled at him, and they hugged for a moment before pulling away.

"Jon, nice to see you. I am glad that you succeeded in persuading Daenerys to help us", replied Audelia, and he shrugged.

"I didn't do all that much. Ser Davos did a lot of the speaking", said Jon. Audelia noticed that behind Jon stood Theon. He looked healthier and more alive than she last saw him.

"Theon", she whispered and quickly went to hug her rescuer. He had saved her life when no one else did. For that, she will be forever thankful.

"I want to fight for the living. I want to fight for Winterfell, Queen Stark. If you'll have me", Theon said, a small smile on his face which Audelia mirrored.

"Of course, Theon", she replied, and pulled him into a hug once again. "When I heard about Euron attacking your ships I feared the worst. Thankfully you are unharmed".

The Blackfish watched Theon with distrust, but he trusted his Queen, Audelia, and if she accepted Theon, then so will he. He had to accept the Lannister, nothing is worse than that. Except perhaps a Targaryen.

"And where is Queen Daenerys?", asked Audelia, looking around, before her eyes landed o Tyrion, and who she thought were the other Councillors for Daenerys.

"She is coming", replied Tyrion calmly, yet with a hint of a smile on his face. Audelia returned the gesture.

"My Lord", she greeted, bowing her head in acknowledgement.

"Queen Stark", he greeted back and they began walking towards the Dragon Pit side by side. 

The Blackfish walked behind Audelia, with Jon, Theon and Brienne. Ser Jorah Mormont, Missandei, and Bronn walked behind them. It may be awkward between some of them, but Audelia and Tyrion fell back into their usual friendship before she had escaped King's Landing.

"The Queen of the North", said Tyrion with a fond smile. "Has a nice ring to it. It suits you".

"So does Hand of the Queen", replied Audelia and then she noticed the distrustful glances of the Dothraki Lords that they send her way. "Depending on the Queen, I suppose".

"Last time we spoke was after Myrcella's departure, during the Uprising", continued Tyrion, and looked up at Audelia. She had been supposed to be his wife, but he was glad she wasn't. Not that he didn't like her, he did, he respected her. But he was glad that his brother had someone like Audelia in his life.

"Miserable affair", he added after a short moment. Audelia shrugged, remembering the cow pie that had been flung at Joffrey's face. She remembered the yelling, the screaming, the fighting. She remembered running.

"Had its moment", replied Audelia, also remembering how she had escaped. Tyrion smiled and looked behind him for a moment, noticing Lord Brynden.

"I am glad Bronn had helped you. Although, it was a bit hard to explain why my betrothed had escaped King's Landing right after an Uprising that almost took Joffrey's life", continued Tyrion and Audelia sighed.

"Apologies, my Lord", replied Audelia, and looked down at him. "Yet, we both survived. And we are where we are".

Tyrion nodded, and smiled. He felt proud for Audelia. That she was able to achieve so much, with so little help, in so little time. If Daenerys was not in the picture, he knew who he would be serving.

"Many underestimated you", he said, and looked up at Audelia. "Most of them are dead now".

Audelia's smile was a thin line now. She didn't regret anything she had done. She knew she would do it all again to protect her family. Audelia just wished she didn't have to do it to survive. Sometimes, it still felt like everything was normal, that nothing had changed. But that wasn't true.

"I know you are mad at me for forcing Jaime to travel South and talk to Cersei, but you must understand that-", Tyrion began but Audelia interrupted him.

"I know, there was no other way", she said, and he looked at her surprised. She was understanding, he wasn't expecting that.

"Yet, you have every right to be fearful of my sister. No one fears her more than I do, but I promise you-", continued Tyrion but Audelia once again interrupted him.

"I can think of one person who fears her more than you do, yet he is the bravest one out of all of us", said Audelia, and her eyes spoke more than words and Tyrion knew exactly who she meant.

"I promise, his efforts and sacrifice won't go to waste. We will be able to make her understand. My sister may be many things, but she is not a fool. Not a complete one anyway", continued Tyrion and Audelia nodded with a sad smile.

"Let's hope so", replied Audelia, and the walked in silence.

"I can't believe we are walking into the Lion's Den", said Lord Tully from behind them. "I thought this was exactly what we were trying to avoid".

"War's call for desperate measures, Uncle.", Audelia replied, looking around at the trees. She was already missing the snow of the North.

"You can say that again", muttered Lord Tully. 

The Dragon Pit was majestic, the stone old, and the walls in ruins. It was clear that this place held much of history. Once upon a time, Balerion the Dread lived here, it was the most dangerous place in the world. Perhaps it still was.

The Pit was far away from the city, so they knew if they were to be blown up by Wildfire, it at least wouldn't hurt the city. Hopefully.

Qyburn motioned towards the prepared seating and they all walked past him towards the seats they claim. Audelia went to the right to sit in the middle, with the Blackfish next to her, and Theon also sat near her. However, she saved the seat to her right for Jaime. She needed him by her side.

Qyburn quickly walked away with two of the Guards, while the rest stayed watching us. This didn't seem right, and everybody was realizing it. They didn't know what to expect from Cersei, but from what they've been told, nothing good.

Audelia had left her son, Ned with Sansa, Arya and Bran. Far from here, in the North. She had even written him a letter, in case she didn't come back so he could read it when he was grown.

She stood next to Tyrion, looking around like a wolf that was backed into a corner. She knew this wasn't right. Something must be going on. If only she had Jaime by her side, she would be able to calm down. 

"I left this shit city 'cause I didn't want to die in it", said Sandor from behind Audelia and Tyrion. He too, looked alarmed. "Am I going to die in this shit city?".

"You might", replied Tyrion. Audelia realized that his hope was also starting to diminish. 

"And this was your idea", continued Sandor, and Audelia turned around to face the giant of a man. She remembered how he had saved her twice in King's Landing, protecting her from Joffrey. But he had done a whole lot more for Sansa, if one believes what she had told Audelia. 

"Seems every bad idea has some Lannister cunt behind it", said Sandor and Audelia looked at him with a challenging gaze. 

"And a Clegane cunt to help them see it through", Audelia snapped back at him and turned back around just in time to see Cersei approach, surrounded by black and silver armoured knights. 

Cersei had changed since Audelia saw her last. For one, she had much shorter hair, and she was no longer wearing Red and Gold to symbolize House Lannister, but rather she wore black and silver. She guessed to symbolize her mourning. Qyburn walked beside Cersei, and the Mountain was walking in front of her, to protect her if anything bad were to happen.

Audelia immediately started to discreetly look for Jaime, and she saw him in the back of the line walking in front of two Lannister Guards, looking thin and tired. He had lost his beard, and his hair was cut shorter. Jaime looked like he did after he was imprisoned by Robb for a year. Audelia involuntarily flinched at the memory of the sickly, broken person. Jaime and her had worked so hard to be able to restore him to his previous self, now all the progress was once again gone. She just had to make sure he wouldn't start drinking again.

Audelia's and Jaime's eyes met and they smiled to each other slightly. Jaime looked around the people who were there, and was pleasantly surprised to see the Blackfish amongst them. He nodded to the Tully, who nodded back to Jaime in approval.

Cersei walked past Audelia, looking at her for a brief moment with hatred clearly written all over her face. While Euron walked past Theon, and the Mountain walked past Sandor. There was tension that could be cut by a knife.

Jaime almost ran towards Audelia, happiness written all over his face at seeing his betrothed once more. They hugged, without having to say anything. Their eyes and faces said a thousand more words than their mouth could ever say. 

"I'm glad you're here", whispered Jaime as Audelia pulled him towards their seats. 

"Yes, well we're not", replied Lord Tully and Audelia sent him a look before turning back to face Jaime.

"Are you alright? What happened? What did Cersei do?", Audelia asked, immediately fretting over him. He just smiled sadly, and shook his head, silently telling her that now was not the time to discuss it. Audelia nodded, deciding to ask him later.

"You are as stubborn as your Father. I guess that's why you're still alive. I was surprised when he died, the old Lion. I didn't think death had the patience", said Lord Tully and Jaime smiled in amusement. 

Jaime looked over at Tyrion briefly, who nodded to him with a thankful look. Everybody here knew that if it weren't for Jaime, they would not have been able to even have this meeting. They just hoped that his efforts were not for nothing.

"I've heard you were broken. You were broke in rough", said Sandor from beside Lord Tully. He was watching Audelia with the same look he had when he  saved her from Joffrey on the day he forced her to look at her Father's head.

Jaime looked furious, his calm face turning to one of absolute fury quickly. Lord Tully didn't look any different, his hand on the hilt of his sword ready to draw it. But Audelia stopped them by gentle placing her hands on both of their arms. 

"And he got what he deserved", replied Audelia, her face with a small, polite smile. The memory of Ramsay still send cold shivers down her spine, and parts of her body that he had touched and hit would hurt at the memory. They never truly will stop. But Jaime always did have the ability to make it better with his presence, and his sweet whispers of how much he loved her, and how he would never hurt her. 

"I gave it to him", said Audelia and Sandor looked her up and down sceptically.

"How?", he asked. Jaime's hand was rubbing soothe circles on Audelia's back to let her know silently that he was right there, right behind her.

"Hounds", was all Audelia had to say before Sandor understood. A small smile spread over his face in understanding, he chuckled darkly.

"You've changed little Rose. I guess that's why you're still alive", said Sandor, and walked past her.

Jaime watched him with hatred clear on his face, while Lord Tully was using colorful vocabulary to describe the man. However, Audelia just smiled after him. It was nice, knowing Sandor still cared.

"Why would you let him talk to you like that?", asked Jaime, still furious but his hand never left his beloved's back.

"He is a good man, in his own twisted, sick way", Audelia replied with a small, yet unsure smile. It was clear that she was forcing it.

Then everyone's attention was snapped over to where Sandor was walking. He was heading straight towards the Mountain, and all of the Guards, including the Northern ones, placed their hands on the hilt of their swords in preparation.

"Remember me?", asked Sandor. The Mountain of course didn't reply. "Yeah you do. You are even fucking uglier than I am now. What did they do to you?".

Jaime turned and went to stand up in front of Audelia but she stopped him. He was weak, and had no weapon on him, he couldn't protect her even if he tried. 

"Doesn't matter. It's not how it ends for you, brother", said Sandor, his tone cold and uncaring. It was clear his thirst for revenge was deep.

"You know what's coming for you. You've always known", Sandor said, and turned around to walk away. Audelia breathed out a breath she didn't know she had.

Jaime watched Sandor warily as he walked away from the Pit, and down the steps. Presumably to retrieve the Dead Man. 

"Did Tyrion get the prove?", asked Jaime in a whisper. He knew very well that Cersei's eyes were boring holes into his back, but he chose to ignore her.

"I suppose. He didn't show it though", replied Audelia and Lord Tully hummed beside her. 

"Where is she?", asked Cersei, loud enough for everyone to hear, which halted everyone else's conversations.

"She'll be here soon", replied Tyrion, who also looked concerned. 

"Didn't travel with you?", asked Cersei, a sarcastic smile on her lips.

"No", replied Tyrion, not even meeting her eyes. Most likely as to prevent Cersei's outbursts. He didn't want to cause anything that could be avoided.

Jaime's hand found Audelia's and he squeezed it tightly in silent support. She returned the gesture with a small smile. 

Moments went by when nobody talked. Truth be told, even Tyrion began to doubt whether Daenerys was coming or not, but suddenly the roar of a beast was heard from the sky. It was not a roar of a lion, or any other beast known to man. It was clear what it was. 

A dragon.

Jaime and Lord Tully jumped to their feet and walked towards the center with a few of the other guards to watch the Dragons approach in the sky. They were majestic beasts, yet they caused more fear than inspiration. 

Everyone watched the Dragon land on the rocks, and roar at them. It was clear, Daenerys Targaryen did not lie about her power. Audelia just hoped Daenerys was as understanding as Tyrion claimed she was, otherwise, they would have a problem about the Independence of the North.

As Daenerys walked towards them, the Dragon left, and joined it's sibling in the sky above them. She was beautiful, as many of the travellers described her to be. The silver hair, and the bright violet eyes were as foreign as one could get. It was no secret as to why the Targaryens were so desired in Westeros, they were different. They were seen as trophies to win. But nobody could get them, they always married sister and brother, Niece and Uncle, Nephew and Aunt. Gods know the Targaryens always danced too close to madness. And for that, Audelia would never be able to trust Daenerys.

Like their dragons, the Targaryens never answered to Gods nor men. 

"We have been here for some time", seethed out Cersei, clearly unhappy. Daenerys sat down, and her advisors, did so as well. Jon moved his weight uncomfortably in the seat behind Audelia.

"My apologies", replied Daenerys, her face collected and calm. She would stay true to her promise to Tyrion, and not prompt any arguments.

Silence fell over the attendees, until Daenerys nodded to Tyrion, allowing him to begin his speech. Audelia looked behind herself at Jon and he nodded in acknowledgment. He would have to speak about this as well.

"We-", began Tyrion but Euron Greyjoy interrupted him.

"Theon!" he yelled out, looking straight at Theon. Audelia squeezed Jaime's hand. "I have your sister. If you don't submit to me, here and now. I'll kill her".

Theon had looked uncomfortable and hurt. Audelia and Jon both knew how important the Greyjoy family was to Theon. It had caused him many heartbreaks. And knowing that his sister was captured must be torture for him, especially when he knows that if he were to submit, Euron would do unspeakable things to him. But then again, Ramsay already did those things, and more.

"I think we ought to begin with larger concerns", continued Tyrion, clearly trying to stay on the topic.

"Then why are you talking?", asked Euron jokingly. Audelia felt Jaime tense beside her. "You're the smallest concern here".

"Perhaps you ought to sit down", warned Jaime with an ice cold voice.

"Why?", asked Euron rhetorically, standing in front of Tyrion threateningly.

"Sit down or leave", ordered Cersei and the Queen's Guards took a step forward to warn Euron himself.

Euron looked back at Cersei, and the Mountain stepped forward. It was clear that Cersei and Euron were not on the best of relations. Euron finally relented and walked back to his seat. Jaime relaxed, sitting closer to Audelia.

"We have suffered at each other's hands, we have lost people we love at each other's hands", said Tyrion, and Audelia looked down at her lap remembering her family, and how much they suffered. Jaime offered her silent support, by rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand.

"If all we wanted was more of the same there would be no need for this gathering. We are entirely capable of waging war against each other without meeting face to face", continued Tyrion and Cersei interrupted him.

"So instead we should settle our differences and live together in harmony for the rest of our days", said Cersei, sarcastically finishing the sentence for him.

"We all know that will never happen", replied Tyrion, and Jon stood up, coming closer.

"This isn't about living in harmony", said Jon, and everybody's eyes focused on him. 

"It's just about living", finished Jon. Now it was Audelia's turn to rub her thumb over Jaime's hand.

"Same thing is coming for all of us. A general you can't negotiate with with an army that doesn't leave corpses behind on the battlefield", continued Jon. "Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city. They are about to become a million more soldiers in the army of the dead".

"I imagine for most of them that would be an improvement", replied Cersei, and Jaime clenched his jaw while Lord Tully just sighed heavily.

Jon took a few steps closer to stand in front of Cersei with a threatening expression. "This is serious", he said. "We wouldn't be here if it weren't".

"I don't think it's serious at all. I think it's another bad joke", replied Cersei, and Audelia felt close to yelling. 

"If my brother Jaime has informed me correctly, you are asking for a truce", continued Cersei, looking over at Daenerys. 

"Yes", replied Daenerys, her voice calm. She was truly trying hard to keep herself that way. "That's all".

Cersei smiled, but they all knew it wasn't a friendly one. "That's all? Pull back my armies and stand down while you go on your monster hunt or while you solidify and expand your position. Hard for me to know which it is with my armies pulled back. Until you return and march on my capital with four times the men".

"Your capital will be safe until the Northern threat is dealt with. You have my word", promised Daenerys and Cersei scoffed. 

"The word of a would be Usurper", sneered Cersei.

"There would be no conversations that could erase the last 50 years", replied Tyrion. "We have something to show you".

In that moment they all heard the heavy footsteps of Sandor, who was carrying a heavy wooden box towards them on his back. It was clear that it was something heavy, and dangerous, with the way Sandor was handling it. He lowered it not so gently, and began opening it. Unwrapping chain after chain until he was able to slide the heavy, wooden lid of the box right off of it.

Nothing happened for a long moment. Audelia looked at Jon questioningly, but he didn't acknowledge her, instead continued to stare at the box with a serious face. Jaime was also getting restless, looking at Tyrion for an explanation.

Silence fell over everyone present, until Sandor kicked the box over and suddenly there was a running dead man towards Cersei. Jaime put his arm on top of Audelia, in a way protecting her, and pushing her further into the chair. The Dead Man looked terrifying. His jaw barely holding on to the rest of his skull. His eyes were bright blue, the only thing that truly stood out about him. There was practically no hair on his head, only at the sides. There was no skin, or if there was it was decaying quickly. The clothes on him were ripped, old, and damaged, clearly too old.

There was a chain wrapped around it's throat, and Sandor yanked it right before it could get to Cersei, sending it flying to the ground. The inhuman screech it let out, shook Audelia to the core.

It was truly true. Jon wasn't lying, or over exaggerating. Not that Audelia never believed him, she did, she had just hoped that it wasn't as bad as Jon had told her it was.

Lord Tully quickly stood, taking out his sword in preparation and walked down the steps towards it. The dead man screeched loudly and looked around it, and at the Guards that surrounded it. It decided to run back towards Sandor, who took out his sword, and cut the dead man in half. 

Jaime had thought that was it, and let out a breath, but the dead man continued moving. Albeit, slower now without the lower half of it there. Jaime stood up, getting closer to get a look just in case. While Qyburn stood to also get closer, but it was because he was curious.

Audelia decided to look over at Cersei, to see her reaction. They were here, after all, to convince her, everybody else was already on board with fighting these Dead Men. 

Cersei's hand was rested on her abdomen, and at first Audelia didn't realize why. But then it hit her. Cersei was pregnant. And now that, that thought crossed her head, Audelia could see the signs of it. Her rounded stomach that she was trying to hide with the dark dresses, and overcoats. The better question was, who was the father?

Audelia turned to look back at Jaime who was watched the Dead Man with concern. She knew he was loyal to her, and only her. She knew he loved her fiercely. But she also knew, from what he had told her, that Cersei was a manipulative bitch, and an aggressive woman. She would do anything to force him into her bed. Audelia wouldn't be surprised if the child Cersei was carrying under her heart was Jaime's. But then again, she also wouldn't be surprised if the child was someone else's. Cersei was after all, notorious for her whoring.

Sandor cut the hand off of the dead man and it flew across the floor. Qyburn went to pick it up, and he held it up for everyone to see. The fingers were still moving. It shouldn't be possible, but it was. Jon took it out of his hands, and had Ser Davos light the fire so he could burn it.

"We can destroy them by burning them", said Jon, and demonstrated it. The creature began to screech inhumanly, as if it felt the pain even though the limb was already detached from it. 

"And we can destroy them with dragon glass", said Jon, taking out one of the dark knives.

"If we don't win this fight, then that is the fate of every person in the world", continued Jon, pointing at the creature. He picked it up by the arm, and stabbed it in the chest with the Dragon Glass. Finally, it stopped screeching, and fell limp in the air.

"There is only one War that matters. The Great War. And it is here", said Jon, letting the Walker drop to the ground.

"I didn't believe it until I saw them. I saw them all", said Daenerys, supporting Jon's point. Jaime looked back at Audelia, looking if she were alright. It was as clear as day now, what they had to do. 

"How many?", asked Jaime carefully. This was the first real interaction between Daenerys and Jaime, and judging by Daenerys's face she knew who he was. And she did not like him.

"Hundred thousand at least", replied Daenerys without skipping a beat. Jaime's face turned one from uncertainty, to one of shock. 

Euron Greyjoy stood form his seat, approached the dead man, that was now truly dead and touched the skull. It speaks volumes how serious this was when even Euron Greyjoy goes quiet. 

"Can they swim?", asked Euron, and Jon turned to look at me confused for a moment. 

"No", replied Jon, and Euron nodded.

"Good", he replied, standing up to his feet. "I'm taking the Iron Fleet back to the Iron Islands".

"What are you talking about?", asked Cersei and Lord Tully snorted beside Audelia, but quickly masked his amusement with a cough. 

"I've been around the world. I've seen everything. Things you couldn't imagine. And this?", explained Euron, looking back at the Dead Man. "This is the only thing I've ever seen that terrifies me".

"Well would you look at that", muttered Lord Tully and Audelia send him a side glance, but even her corners of the mouth were turning up slightly.

"I'm going back to my island. You should go back to yours. When Winter is over, we will be the only ones left alive", said Euron as he walked closer to Daenerys, before turning around and walking away.

Yet another ally that Cersei has lost. At this rate, nobody had to do anything, she would lose her power faster than she could lose a war. If she were smart, she would surrender now, and beg for mercy. Maybe she would be granted a form of it.

"He's right to be afraid", said Cersei, looking after Euron. "And a coward to run".

"If those things come for us, there will no Kingdoms left to rule", she continued, and Lord Tully rolled his eyes.

"The Gods love to reward a fool", whispered Lord Tully to Audelia who pretended not to hear, but she truly was amused by her Uncle's commentary.

"Everything we've suffered would have been for nothing. Everything we lost would have been for nothing", continued Cersei and Jaime looked down at his hands, remembering everything he did, all the pain he caused, and all of the pain he suffered.

Cersei looked at Daenerys. She didn't trust the Targaryen, but she had to accept her. For the time being. At least.

"The Crown accepts your truce", decided Cersei, Audelia let out a breath of relief, yet she knew that couldn't be all. "Until the dead are defeated. They are the true enemy".

Jon turned to look at Audelia with a small smile. They had done it, they had gotten what they wanted. Now they stood a chance. 

"In return the Queen in the North will extend the same truce. She will remain in the North where she belongs. She will not take up arms against the Lannisters. She will not choose sides", continued Cersei, and there it was. The other side of the coin. Lord Tully scoffed quietly beside her, but Audelia had to decide.

Everyone's eyes were on her. She knew her decision was the most important. If she were to agree, she may lose Daenerys. If she were to refuse, she would lose Daenerys. Not much of a choice, now was it.

"Just the Queen in the North? Not me?", asked Daenerys, and Cersei chuckled. 

"I would never ask it of you. You would never agree to it, and if you did I would trust you even less than I do now", replied Cersei, and Audelia met Daenery's eyes for a moment.

"I ask it only of Ned Stark's daughter. I know she will be true to her word", continued Cersei and Audelia, for the first time in a long time met her eyes. Everything she had experienced, everything she had to endure came rushing back to Audelia. The pain of losing her father, the pain of having to live and act for her son. 

She remembered the day Joffrey ordered to cut off her Father's head. The crowds of people that had formed, the yelling that he was a traitor when he wasn't one. Cersei was saving her own skin by lying. That is what she did, and that is what she will always do. Audelia didn't want to become her. She didn't want to lie.

But was not lying really that much better than lying? If she were to lie, and agree, she could receive that much more support in the North. The threat of the White Walkers wouldn't be as great. If they had the Lannister army, and the support of Cersei... as much as she hated to admit, it almost looked like the winning side.

Audelia loved her Father, and she loved Robb. But they both died because they were truthful, and faithful, and honorable. All admirable qualities. That can get you killed.

"I am true to my word, or I try to be", began Audelia, and looked briefly at Daenerys before turning back towards Cersei.

"And I agree to your terms", Audelia said, and Cersei smiled. The Lannister Queen turned to give Daenerys a side glance, before looking back at Audelia.

"Good", she replied, standing up. "We will stay in contact on the forces that I will send to help the cause. It is important, and I promise you that I will send as many men as I possibly can to help".

"We will be too", replied Audelia, nodding to her in acknowledgement. 

"You are welcome to stay here for the night, and leave in the morning. My servants will provide you with anything it is that you need", add Cersei, moving her arms a little. Audelia smiled, but it was fake.

Cersei nodded, and began walking away, her Queen's Guards trailing after her with Qyburn. Jaime breathed out heavily beside her, sagging a little. It was like as if the fight left him as soon as Cersei left the sight.

"Thank the Gods, I didn't think we'd manage it", he muttered. Audelia smiled, now sadder at him.

"Me neither", she agreed, and looked across the Pit at Daenerys who was already looking at her with an unreadable expression. It was clear, that her mind was working. She could see that Jaime and Audelia were closer than she would have liked them to be.

Daenerys stood, and her advisors stood with her. Jaime looked back at Audelia warningly. He already knew what Daenerys must want, and he knew that Audelia would agree to talk with her. Yet he didn't want her doing it. Not alone.

"Lilibet don't-", he began to protest but Audelia was already standing and walking towards Daenerys.

"Queen Daenerys. It is a pleasure meeting you formally", said Audelia, and Jaime scrambled to his feet to join Audelia right behind her with Lord Tully and Jon who were also looking a little on edge.

"I am glad to be able to say the same Queen Audelia", replied Daenerys with a smile, but it was visible it was strained. "Shall we talk? Alone?".

Audelia looked behind her nodding to her Uncle, and brother. Jaime looked non-compliant but he let it go. He would be close by, not enough to hear the conversation, but enough to see whether Audelia needed help or not.

Audelia nodded, and they walked away to the side. The rest of them all watched warily.

"I do hope that what you said to Cersei was to have her agree with our terms? Not because you truly do agree with hers?", asked Daenerys, looking at Audelia with a piercing glance that may have once intimidated her. But she has been looked at like that by too many people in her life, she was used to it.

"Of course I did. I have been taught not to lie since I was a small child. I don't know if you've heard but my Father was an honorable man. He did not tolerate anything otherwise", Audelia responded, and smiled at the memory of her Father.

"Is that why he exiled my trustiest advisor, and loyal friend Ser Jorah?", asked Daenerys, and that made Audelia realize that this conversation was not going be a kind one.

"Ser Jorah's crime had not only dishonored him, and his family but also the North. My Father had no other choice. I'm sure you'll agree, knowing you too have exiled him", replied Audelia, and folded her hands in front of her. 

"He betrayed me", replied Daenerys. "He lied to me, and send my secrets to the Usurper, who your Father supported."

"Your brother kidnapped my Aunt Lyanna, and raped her. Of course Robert and my father would be furious. The war could have easily been avoided if your Father had agreed to let Lyanna return to her home, and have Rhaegar punished for his crimes. Yet he refused. Who is truly to blame for the Fall of the Targaryen Dynasty?", Audelia replied, and turned her head to the side a little. Daenerys looked like she wanted to argue, of course she did but Audelia put her hand up discreetly to stop her. She knew very well that others were watching, not listening, and she did not want a scene.

"I am not here to fight with you Daenerys. You wanted to talk, so let's talk", said Audelia calmly. The Dragon Queen looked at her for a long moment before smiling and looking around for a brief second.

"I've heard so much about Audelia of the House Stark. About your bravery, and wisdom. About the Battle of the Bastards, and how you retook the North. People loved to gossip about your beauty, and wit all around the world. In one way or another I would hear a whisper from somebody talking about you. You are famous all around the Seven Kingdoms, and Essos", began Daenerys and Audelia listened without interrupting. "They call you Audelia the Great, from what I've heard. The Northern praises never stop".

"I am flattered", replied Audelia, but she wasn't really. She didn't care what people thought of her, she cared what they thought of what she was doing. 

"I too have heard much about Daenerys Targaryen. You liberated the people of Astapor, Yunkai, and Mereen. That takes a lot of strength, wisdom, and boldness. It truly is amazing what you were able to accomplish in such a short time. And I am sure, that once you sit on the Iron Throne, the Six Kingdoms will thrive", continued Audelia and Daenerys raised her eyebrow questioningly.

"Six?", she repeated. "So what your brother said is true then? You don't plan to bend the knee?".

"You will have to excuse me, Daenerys. But I'm not. My family has struggled for too many years against the Crown. The people of the North have suffered and are only now getting better. They deserve to have their freedom", replied Audelia. She watched as Daenerys analyzed her words, and Audelia noticed the exact moment that Daenerys changed her tactics. 

"From what I can tell we have many things in common", said Daenerys, and smiled. "We both know what it means to lead people that are not inclined to accept a woman's rule. And we've both done a damn good job of it".

Audelia smiled, it was more genuine. But she could tell Daenerys was trying to butter her up.

"Yet I can't feel that we are at odds with one another", continued Daenerys and Audelia's smile faltered but she masked it. 

"Why is that?", asked Daenerys, looking curious. Audelia opened her mouth to say something but Daenerys interrupted her. "Your brother".

It hadn't even crossed Audelia's mind before Daenerys mentioned it, but now she could see it. The hidden glances at each other that they shared when they thought no one was looking, the small smiled send in each other's direction. What Lord Baelish had told her before his death was coming true.

"I have noticed it. He certainly does emit a level of affection for you that is above what is normal", Audelia agreed, the smile that used to be on her face was no longer there.

"That bothers you?", asked Daenerys, but Audelia shook her head.

"Men do stupid things for women when they are in love. Just ask my partner", replied Audelia and briefly looked over at Jaime, who seemed to be in deep conversation with Lord Tully and Jon. Daenerys looked over, and her face changed for a moment. She knew her fears had been confirmed.

"You are with the man who's family murdered yours?", Daenerys asked and Audelia raised an eyebrow.

"He wasn't the one to cut off my father's head, he wasn't the one to stab my brother in the heart, or cut my mother's throat to the bone, or shoot my brother through the back, or rape me, or stab my brother to death, or blind my sister", said Audelia, her voice cold, just like the Winter.

"Jaime is not an angel. I know that first hand", continued Audelia. "No one is. But he has something that no one else does. That's loyalty. Absolute loyalty. He never betrayed me. He would never betray me, he wouldn't even imagine that thought. He never stabbed me in the back, he never lied to me, never told my secrets to another person. He supports me, loves me, and accepts me".

Daenerys went quiet for a moment. She watched Audelia's cold angered face. Then she looked back at Jaime, who was now looking at them with worry, as he sensed Audelia's distress.

"All my life I've known one goal. The Iron Throne", began Daenerys once again, turning back to face Audelia. "Taking it back from the people who destroyed my family and almost destroyed yours. My war was against them. Until I met your brother".

"Now I'm here, half a world away from where I started, fighting your War, alongside you and him", continued Daenerys and Audelia listened patiently.

"And I hope... pray even that after this War is over, you will assist me in the War against Cersei", concluded Daenerys and this is what Audelia had been waiting for. The moment when Daenerys would finally ask whatever it is that she actually wanted.

"Cersei cut my father's head off, cut my mother's throat, stabbed my elder brother in the heart, had my younger sister humiliated, defiled, beaten by her son, crippled my younger brother, killed my other younger brother, had my youngest sister run away to the other side of the Narrow Sea. She tried to kill me, probably more times that I know of. She had tried to kill Jaime more times than I know of. Survival is not what I'm after. Survival for my family is what is most important to me", replied Audelia and nodded in agreement.

"I will help you with your War. Only on one condition", continued Audelia and Daenerys raised an eyebrow in question.

"After we defeat the Dead and defeat Cersei, you will take the Iron Throne", said Audelia and Daenerys slowly nodded. "What about the North? It was taken from us, and we took it back. We vowed never to bow to anyone ever again. I intend to keep that vow".

"There are no Northern Swords melted into the Iron Throne", added Audelia, looking Daenerys up and down for a moment. "I can't say the same for the other Great Houses".

Daenerys looked at Audelia for a long moment, not uttering a word. Was Audelia really jeopardizing their alliance to make sure the North was kept independent? Yes, she was. She'd rather die than allow someone else to rule over it.

"Very well. When I take the Iron Throne, I vow that I will not try to retake the North", said Daenerys, and she sounded genuine. However, Audelia did not completely believe her. She never would. Daenerys was a Targaryen, they have always danced too close to madness. You never know when the coin will flip.

"Good", replied Audelia and extended her hand to Daenerys to shake. Daenerys nodded in return, and shook her hand.

Meanwhile, Jaime was standing further away alone, watching the exchange between Audelia and Daenerys with wary eyes. He was trying to spot the moment when Audelia would need him, but it has yet to happen.

"I never thought that one Lannisters would be fighting with a Targaryen and a Stark, yet now we have three", said Ser Jorah who joined Jaime by his side.

"I never thought that an exile would be fighting for the land he was exiled from. Yet here we are", replied Jaime coldly. He knew the story of Jorah the Andal. Who didn't? The son of the second most honorable man in the North, sold his servants to be slaves. All to keep a woman who left him in the end anyway.

"I did things it shames me to speak of. For gold. For my wife so she could keep her jewels, and dresses, her harp, and her cook. In the end it cost me all", said Jorah and looked at Jaime, putting on a kind smile. 

"I remember hearing you going through something similar", he added and Jaime forced a smile.

"The Kingslayer, a false knight who profaned his blade with the blood of the King he swore to protect", continued Jorah, the smile slipping off his face. Jaime watched him with hard eyes and a clenched jaw.

"I remember Ser Barristan Selmy talking of you. He never approved of your place in the King's Guard. Before the rebellion, he thought you were too young and untried. After, he had been known to say the Kingslayer should exchange his white cloak for a black one", said Ser Jorah and Jaime listened, without saying anything back. He didn't want to provoke a fight, not when Audelia may need him.

"I find it odd that I am loved by the Queen in the North for being kind, and gentle and strong for her, yet hated by everyone else in the world for one of my finest acts", replied Jaime, with a sarcastic smile. 

"It was the white cloak that soiled me, not the other way around", Jaime added with an ice cold tone. Jorah smiled amused.

"Of course. I see losing that hand has taught you nothing", relied Ser Jorah and Jaime looked furious, but was trying to keep his calm with everything in his body.

"You're wrong. It has taught me everything. But you losing your ancestral home, your land, your title, your place, has taught you nothing. You continued to lie and betray", replied Jaime and when Ser Jorah's face turned to one of anger, Jaime laughed darkly.

"Yes I've heard what you did for Robert to try and be pardoned so you could go home. You betrayed your Queen, lied to her, sold her secrets. Yet you are still not pardoned, still not home", continued Jaime, and smirked.

"I guess it's the choice of the Gods. Who are we to argue with them?", Jaime asked rhetorically, before turning and walking away towards the side of the Dragon Pit, where his brother stood.

Tyrion looked him up and down amused. He too, did not have that kind of a history with Ser Jorah Mormont of Bear Island.

"I see he approves of you as well as he does of me", said Tyrion but Jaime just rolled his eyes, not amused.

Neither of them said anything for a long moment. Jaime kept looking back to where Audelia was in deep conversation with Daenerys, but neither of them seemed angry, or distressed. So they were alright for now.

"She is smarter than she lets on", said Tyrion, looking straight at Audelia.

"She is starting to let on", replied Jaime with a proud smile.

"Good", replied Tyrion, noticing the way Jaime watched Audelia. "She might outlive us all".

Jaime nodded, and turned towards Audelia completely when he saw her walking towards him. Daenerys walked beside her, and they actually seemed to be getting along, much to the surprise of the two Lannister brothers.

"Tyrion", called out Daenerys. "Prepare our ships and our men. We are leaving for the North immediately. The sooner we arrive there, the better".

"As you command, my Queen", bowed Tyrion, and nodded in acknowledgement to Audelia. He walked away to some of the Dothraki lords to presumably give them their orders.

"Ser Jaime", greeted Daenerys and Jaime bowed his head slightly to her. "I must say I was surprised to see you here, on our side".

Jaime forced a smile, and ignored the shiver that ran down his spine. The screaming and laughing of King Aerys rang in his ears, 'Burn them all!' screamed Aerys, 'Burn them all!'. He still had nightmares about it. He'll never stop. 

"I have to say the same to you", replied Jaime, trying to sound polite. "I didn't expect it. But I am glad you are coming with us. We need your help".

Daenerys nodded, looking him up and down critically. It was clear she didn't like him, but she didn't say anything as to not upset Audelia, or put their still shaky alliance at risk.

"I must go, there are a lot of preparations to be done", said Daenerys and excused herself.

Jaime and Audelia looked after her before turning back towards each other.

"What do you think of her?", asked Jaime carefully, as they walked to stand away from other people's eyes. They wanted the privacy, they needed it too.

"She is a good Queen. She does have room to grow, as do I. I managed to convince her not to try and take the North when she takes the Iron Throne", replied Audelia, looking back to make sure no one was watching them.

"For now?", asked Jaime and Audelia nodded.

"For now", she agreed and he smiled, leaning in to kiss her. Audelia let him push her against the hard rock of the Pit, and loose themselves in passion. It had been too long since they last kissed each other.

She thought she would never get to kiss him again. Thank the gods she was wrong. He was here. Jaime was here, alive and well. And he would be coming home soon.

"Ned has missed you", Audelia uttered as they finally pulled away from each other to catch a breath. "Frankly, so have I".

"Oh have you?" asked Jaime cockily, a smirk appearing on his face. "I did too".

Audelia leaned in to kiss him again but Jaime cut their kiss short, looking a little guilty. Audelia's heart sank to her feet as she thought the worst. Did he and Cersei...

"Cersei wants me to stay. It was part of our agreement", said Jaime and Audelia's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean stay?", she asked, not understanding. "She agreed to our terms, she agreed to send the army North-".

"She told me that if I stayed, she would consider doing that. She has agreed, but only if I stayed here with her in King's Landing", explained Jaime. "In case you were to attack her, or turn on her. So she could threaten you with me".

"Well I won't let that happen. You are coming with me-", argued Audelia, getting more and more frantic by the moment. This was supposed to be a joyous reunion. Not a tearful goodbye.

"Audelia. I need to stay. At least long enough for her to send the troops North. Then I will escape, and join you", argued back Jaime, looking desperate. His big eyes looking into Audelia's. She knew he was telling the truth. Gods why did he have to be right.

"And what if you can't?", asked Audelia, tears filling into her eyes.

"Don't worry about that. I know I can", replied Jaime and tried to smile to lift the mood. "I did it once, I can do it again".

Audelia just shook her head, and latched onto Jaime like a lifeboat. "I don't want to let you go", she muttered into his chest. He rubbed her back, and kissed the top of her head comfortingly.

"We will be together again soon, I promise".

Jaime may not be a man that kept his oaths, but he would keep this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 268 12
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐂𝐄 ❝ 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚! ❞ IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...
388K 11.2K 39
Hera's family was murdered in cold blood by their enemies. Hera got away and went to Winterfell, where the Starks lived. She knew she would be safe...
128K 3.8K 43
After the war, Rhaenys Targaryen was saved by Eddard Stark and taken to Winterfell, where she lived for the next 17 years in peace. But with the deat...
144K 3.8K 27
{Book 1: The She-Wolf of Winter} Lilia Stark was the second child born to Lady Catelyn and Lord Eddard Stark. For thirteen years she lived in the qui...