Rotten Eggs

By andixxxyukie

Sanemi and Y/N (now human) are now married. Their life was supposed to be perfect, not this bickering and San... More

Rotten Eggs

223 5 1
By andixxxyukie

[Well, I've been so busy I don't remember how to be human T_T. I promise I am still working on the main Seventh Moon story. I am already done with the outline for Akaza's, I just need to actually write it all down. Ugh. I hope I could work on it this March. Anyway, this is short story from the Seventh Moon universe, after Sanemi and Y/N got married, so before the epilogue in the original. This is short and a little weird hehe. Enjoy.]

          Sanemi is not delusional, he knows he's not an easy guy to get along with. All his softness and gentleness lay hidden underneath thick, scared, and muscled flesh. It's easier to scream and yell angrily than opening up and be vulnerable. This is why he's not bothered when people found it odd that Y/N married him.

Y/N, his loving and gentle wife. It's almost unbelievable now that she has been a demon far longer than she was human. Come to think of it, Sanemi could say she was more human than him even back when she could regenerate her limbs and heal her wounds. She is, perhaps, his complete opposite.

These thoughts were running through his head as he looked dumbfounded at his wife. "Why would you make me eat that?!" Y/N yelled, shaking as she pointed at the plate of tamagoyaki Sanemi served her. She hasn't been feeling well, barely sleeping and always tired. Sanemi decided to be the good husband that he is and cook for her, but she's been turning up her nose and saying that she's not hungry.

Alright, maybe not his complete opposite after all.

"Hah? What are you talking about?" He asked in his normal tone – which is to say completely rude and demeaning. He realized it was a mistake once he saw Y/N's face fall from raging to heartbroken. "Why do you keep on giving me spoiled food, Sanemi?"

Spoiled? Sanemi was bewildered and looked at the food he cooked. He's been slaving over the stove this past week, he even did his best that day letting his creativity take over as he made all kinds of onigiri! He's been doing his best to make meals his wife would finally eat and here she was calling them spoiled. It irked him. "The hell you saying? They're not spoiled!"

"Wha – can't you smell how awful what you're cooking are?" She asked, anger now back with a vengeance. They were both fire and charcoal, a never-ending cycle of hatred now. Sanemi grabbed the plate and flung it to the wall making Y/N jump. "Then don't eat! And don't expect me to cook for you ever again." Fuming, Sanemi left their home.

He never expected to ever be disappointed that demons no longer exist. He could really use one right now to pound his frustrations unto. Was his marriage doomed? He felt like crying. No, that can't be. They fought so hard for this. All he could do, however, was sigh.

He soon found himself at Genya's place. It was noisy. It was no wonder since his brother's visitors were the noisiest bunch he's come across. Zenitsu and Inosuke were chasing each other, Tanjiro and Genya sat talking. Nezuko was the first to notice him. "Shinazugawa-san! Where's Y/N-chan?" Tanjiro followed soon after and said almost the same thing. Genya, too. It made Sanemi's chest constrict. They're almost always together after getting married. The space beside him suddenly felt extremely empty.

Instead of airing his marital problems, he chose to answer in a very him fashion. "Ha? I'm the one who's here, why ask after someone who isn't?" The younger folks just laughed, not suspecting anything. Not knowing that Sanemi felt like his marriage was crumbling. Ugh. That's unreasonable, right? It was just one fight, and they fought before. Sanemi decided to try and cool off. Maybe convince these guys to spar and use them as punching bags. Yes, that sounded perfect.

"Oh, you brought onigiri?" Tanjiro asked, sniffing the air like a complete weirdo. Ah, the onigiri. Sanemi flung the eggs but took these. Why did he do that? He was about to say that they're bad when Inosuke ran over to him, trying to make him hand over the food now. "It's not that good..." he said, uncertain. Still, he took out the food and laid it on the engawa, the others crowding around him.

"Whoa, they smell so good! Y/N-chan must've used so many different fillings." Tanjiro commented as the others started helping themselves. Sanemi was, again, dumbfounded. "They smell... good?"

"Heh – taste good. But what Y/N made during our training is a lot better." Inosuke added in between chewing. He was eating so fast that he would have probably eaten them all had it not been for Zenitsu who stopped him. This caused another round of chasing around, Nezuko following along leaving Sanemi with his brother and Tanjiro.

"Yeah, I kind of agree with Inosuke, Nemi." Genya said. "That's because I made these." Sanemi finally declared. He sat beside them, arms tensely crossed over his chest and forehead in knots. "Ah! Sorry, I thought Y/N-chan made these. Ah, you are a good cook, too Shinazugawa-san." Tanjiro added. All of their bad blood long forgotten now. Still, Sanemi didn't agree.

"Y/N hates it. She hated everything I cooked for her!" Once he started, he couldn't stop! "She barely ate this week, and I thought it was because she was feeling sick but no – she just thinks my food smell awful." He whipped his head, the two younger boys looking on at him with their mouths hanging open. "And get this, she said I kept giving her spoiled food! That everything I cooked smelled awful!"

"I made her perfectly cooked tamagoyaki this morning and all she told me was why do I keep feeding her spoiled food."

Genya was still looking on at him stupidly, not knowing what to say. That was weird. They were eating perfectly good food, and that doesn't sound like Y/N at all. Tanjiro on the other hand cocked his head to the side. "Was she always like that?" He thought back to all his times with her. While most of it were back when she was still a demon, they did spend some time when she was human again. And she wasn't picky when it comes to food. Oh!

A fond smile appeared on Tanjiro's face, making Sanemi angrier. "The hell you smiling about?" "Oh, it just reminded me of my mother." Now it was Sanemi's turn to cock his head and wonder what he was talking about.

"Her sense of smell is extremely sensitive when she's pregnant. I think it was with Hanako when I saw her crying over eggs. She loves it you see, but suddenly gags at the smell. But that's how she could tell she was pregnant... ah!"

Realization dawned on them at the same time. Sanemi was shaking, not out of anger this time. "I need to get home." He declared before running off.

Pregnant. She could be pregnant.

They have a sliding door, but it may as well be the western style one now since Sanemi almost barrelled it open. He saw Y/N hunched on the floor, crying over the broken plate and spilled egg. "I'm sorry!" She said the moment they locked eyes. "I was being stupid, of course you won't feed me spoiled food. I'm just sick... but I'll..." His poor wife could barely speak. She's been crying this whole time?

"Please don't hate me..." She whimpered. Sanemi scooped her up, he wiped her tears even kissing some away. The saltiness almost tasted sweet to him. Because this was all very silly. Sanemi laughed, making Y/N whine. "Don't laugh at me."

"I'm not – I... I think we should see a doctor."

Rotten eggs. That's what Sanemi decided to call his first child, much to Y/N's chagrin. "I guess that's one way to find out we're having a kid." He said as he hugged his wife from behind. His hand resting on the stomach that is yet to grow with their child. Sanemi couldn't stop smiling. A child, together.

Y/N pouted, still feeling bad about how she was to Sanemi. And thinking how it would probably get worse as her mood gets affected. "Heh, I'm prepared now. It's going to be ok." Sanemi comforted her as they started walking home. This still felt new. Sanemi and Y/N walking hand in hand in the afternoon. It was all worth it, he thought. Walking the busy street with his wife beside him and their child growing in her was worth everything they went through.

In their rush to the doctor, Sanemi completely forgot to eat. That was why the scent of yakitori with what smelled like sweet, roasted onions was very enticing. Not for his wife, though. They might know why she was raging and kept saying their food was spoiled, that doesn't mean it will stop though. So, what was making Sanemi drool was irritating her. So much so that she said, "Don't walk closer there, it smells like shit." In true Shinazugawa fashion. Surprising an old man walking right in front of them.

Sanemi was amused, the old man not so much. "Young ladies shouldn't curse like that!" He lectures, Sanemi was ready to rough up this guy, no matter how old he was, for daring to look and talk to his wife that way.

Y/N on the other hand just looked on and told the guy to, "get fucked." Oh hormones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
12.3K 841 52
The five muses come to help a struggling school chorus win the regional competition. But the students have stories of their own. Follow your favorite...