𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆| ✔︎

By izzeliaa

"I hate you." "Are you sure? I don't think I got a fair chance." "I am." "Are you very sure?" "Has anyone eve... More

00
01 // I guess I miss her
02 // parker, theo parker
03 // so, we meet again
04 // i'll pay for your food
05 // I hate everyone
06 // i just want your company
07 // halftime show
08 // jacob, jack, j lo
09 // parkers
10 // who doesn't like sprite ?
11 // see you in twenty
12 // its fun making you blush
13 // I dont want to be Camilla anymore
14 // calm and collected person
15 // i need a distraction
16 // we dont like him
17 // suddenly im not so cold
18 // trustworthy individual
19 // i just like the sound of her voice
20 // california girls
21 // irresistible
22 // are you safe?
23 // ms ella
24 // hungry and horny
25 // im nervous
26 // dont call me that
27 // out of character
28 // i coached him
29 // harassed by a little kid
30 // minimalist
31 // toupe
32 // kazzle
33 // words hurt
34 // i'd live here
35 // welcome to the family
36 // sorry parker
37 // hes so much nicer to you
38 // simple but complete
39 // everythings on a spectrum
40 // you dont leave the people you love
41 // someone actually showed up, for me
43 // do you ever fucking stop talking?
44 // melodramatic
45//drunk in love
46 // I'll never leave
47//i made it count
48//that's what family's for
49//jay
Epilogue
Through Anothers Lens

42 // what a sweetheart

10.1K 419 1K
By izzeliaa

Chapter 42: How do you feel about your job?

☀︎︎☾ * ੈ✩‧₊˚ꕥ˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚☽☀︎︎

Theo

"I love my job," I told Jaiden, who looked at me like I was lying to him.

"Sure."

"It's honestly been so good," I went on dribbling the basketball.

It's been great ever since they fired Jay.

He had a breakdown during a shift last week and it was bad.

Really bad.

❀✿Flashback❀✿

"Fuck you," Jay spat at me.

"It was an accident," I said truthfully, handing him a towel trying not to draw attention to us since we're in the middle of a shift.

Our manager paused as she tried walking by us. "What happened?"

"I accidentally spilt water on him," I said facing her.

"It wasn't an accident," he glared at me.

"Are you serious? You bumped into my arm and it spilled on you."

"Just clean it up," our manager sighed while walking away from us.

I glanced over to see him staring daggers into her head. He turned towards me, "You get away with everything."

"What?"

"You don't face any consequences for your actions," he went on.

"Let's talk later," I told him, getting second-hand embarrassment as a few customers stared at us.

"When was the last time someone told you no? You think you can do whatever you want to people."

"It was just water-"

"Fuck all of you," he said, now looking at the customers. "Fuck your sucky tips, fuck your stupid comments, fuck this shitty job," Jay ranted.

"We're just trying to drink," one guy at the bar said, confused.

By now our manager was back and when Jay noticed I think a little piece of him chipped away. And by a piece of him I mean his sanity. He grabbed a random bottle from the counter smashing it to the ground, sending glass flying.

Our manger returned her eyes glaring at him and her fists balled up trying her best not to blow up on him, "You're fired."

❀✿Flashback over❀✿

Don't know what happened to him after that.

"That guy is fucking insane," Rocco chimed in.

"You're telling me."

I passed the ball to Jaiden who then shot it into the net. Jaiden glanced over at Rocco, "That reminds me of when Rocco got fired from his summer job at the fair when he first moved here."

Rocco rolled his eyes, "People think they're entitled to those prize stuff animals."

"Wait, what happened?"

"Let me tell the story," Jaiden hushed Rocco.

"You weren't even there."

"I was in spirit."

"But-"

"So you know that game with the bottles and rings that's basically impossible to win? A guy walks up wanting to play and he spends all his fucking money on the game. He doesn't win. Motherfucker hops over the counter and tries to throw the bottles at Rocco's head."

"Wait what?" Rocco interrupted, confused.

Jaiden continued, "Rocco wasn't taking that shit so we stabbed the guy with one of the broken bottles."

"What the fuck?" Rocco said now completely lost.

I shook my head laughing as the two of them bickered over what happened. A few minutes later more of the team showed up making me walk over to them instead.

"What time does the camp start?"

"Twenty minutes," four of them answered at the same time.

I nodded walking around the gym making sure everything was set up right.

We're doing a basketball camp for kids. Today it's third through fifth grade.

I asked Kaz if he wanted to come but he laughed and walked away from me.

I tried.

I'm excited. I've always liked working with kids, they keep you busy and they don't have a filter. Being a teacher was my third career choice. I like to think I would've been great at it.

In highschool I voulnteered to help tutor sixth graders. 

I had to quit since some of that material was more complicated than I remember. I don't think I'm dumb. I would say I'm a little above average. Very above average. 

Just trust me and don't ask Camilla. 

Or Jaiden.

Or Rocco, Sana, Zia, and Mel.

Cam walked into the gym making me do a double take not expecting to see her. Her hair was up and she had her glasses on. An annoyed expression was on her face as Kaz trailed beside her.

I walked over to them with a smile, "I didn't know Kaz was coming."

"I was actually just leaving," he said, walking away from us. Camilla reached out, grabbing his arm pulling him back.

"No, you aren't."

"Cammy-"

"We talked about this," she replied.

"But-"

Her voice was irritated as she addressed him, "Kaz."

"You'll have fun," I assured him.

"Exactly."

"You might end up with a broken nose though if you don't have fast enough reflexes." I voiced.

"I'm not doing this. I swear-" Kaz started.

Cam shook her head, "I'm going to murder the both of you then myself."

"Woah-"

"Not another word Parker," she took a deep breath stopping her herself from saying something else to us before going over to sign him in.

Kaz started talking to me again, "Basketball isn't really my thing. I like watching it but playing is a no."

"She really forced you to come?"

He nodded, "I got a one in PE. She thinks this will help me see how fun stuff like this can be." Kaz glanced down at his outfit, "I even had to dress ugly."

"I think your outfit looks good," I said looking at his basketball shorts and t-shirt.

He looked at my outfit mumbling, "Oh god."

"Kaz-"

"I can't be seen like this."

"See you in two hours Kaz," Cam called out, shooting us both a smile before leaving.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I ran my hands through my hair as I watched a kid chuck a basketball at another kid's hair making me blow the whistle that was hanging around my neck, "You can't do that."

"Yeah," Kaz randomly said. "If you're going to throw something at someone's head don't miss."

A few kids around him laughed making me sigh.

This is why I was never a babysitter.

Kaz, though not totally interested in basketball wasn't too bad and definitely made friends with almost every person he interacted with.

A kid tilted her head looking at me, "I don't like your hair."

"Oh."

"You should dye it."

"What color?" I asked, with a small smile.

She thought for a second, "Probably green."

A few kids voiced their thoughts on my hair and then moved onto everything else about me.

Kids are mean.

"Stop making fun of him," Kaz told everyone.

"Thank you-"

"It's not his fault he's ugly," Kaz finished.

A few more kids laughed and the original little girl started talking again, "He's not ugly. His hair is just boring."

Everyone agreed with her.

I blew my whistle trying to change the topic as Jaiden and Rocco snickered to each other next to me, "Who wants to be a team captain?"

All their hands shot up.

I randomly picked two kids letting them choose their teams. Quickly I made sure again everyone knew the rules before they were off running around trying to score.

I cringed as the little girl I now know as Katie slammed a boy to the ground, "Foul."

Her mouth dropped as she turned to me, "How?"

"You can't body slam people like that."

"I barely touched him."

I looked at her unconvinced.

She huffed, walking away as he got up to make his free throws.

The rest of the game went uneventful.

A short boy named Evan walked up to Rocco, "Ten bucks I can dunk on you."

"You're like four feet tall."

"Scared?"

"Fine," Rocco nodded.

They shook on it and Rocco walked to the basketball net that was lowered so the kids could make their shots.

Jaiden held the kid up over so he could go over Rocco. As the kid went to slam it in, Rocco slapped the ball out of his hand, sending it in the opposite direction.

I bit back a small laugh as the kid narrowed his eyes, "Jokes on you. I don't even have any money."

"Neither do I."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Sitting on the bed I watched as Cam hummed to songs while putting away her laundry.

"Do you want to go to the drive-in tomorrow? They're showing that new horror movie?"

"I don't know I'm feeling a little drained."

"Oh okay, maybe we could-" I paused realizing what she meant.

At my silence she laughed before responding again, "We should go. It sounds fun."

Glancing to the shelf she picked up a camera. I smiled as she turned towards me snapping a picture. "Maybe I should consider being a photographer."

"Can I see the picture?"

She nodded and started walking over to me. A pair of shoes on the ground went unnoticed to her as she tripped over them.

I stood up to either catch her or help her up but I paused as the camera shattered at my feet.

The room fell silent as I realized what camera had shattered.

"I'm so sorry," Cam instantly apologized. "I didn't mean to. I'll pay to fix it-"

"It's okay," I said quietly.

"Parker-"

"It's okay," I told her again. 

"Can you grab a broom?" Her words were rushed as she looked at the floor.

"Yeah. One minute," I said, walking away to a different room, and flipping my hood up.

I walked around the room calming all my emotions down. It took me a few minutes until I walked to the kitchen to grab a dusting pan to help Cam clean all the pieces up.

As I walked back into the room I saw her on the ground picking up the bigger pieces.

"You're going to cut yourself," I said softly from the doorway.

"I'll be fine," she dismissed me. "Can you grab me a plastic bag?"

I nodded going to grab one for her. When I came back I sighed seeing her staring at her hand with a frown on her face.

"Told you," I mumbled as she stood up walking to the bathroom as I followed her.

She sat down as I looked through the medicine cabinet grabbing a disinfectant and bandages.

"I'm really sorry, Parker."

"It's alright," I assured her. "It was an accident."

"Still-"

"This might hurt," I said interrupting her as I made sure her cut was clean.

Her eyebrows furrowed together as she slightly cringed at the feeling.

"Are you okay, Angel?"

"I'm fine."

I kissed the top of her head, "Good."

"Theo are you-"

I narrowed my eyes at her, making her smile.

"Parker, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

She looked at me unsure.

I smiled brightly at her, "Really. I'm fine."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"This is uncommon."

"I know."

Dr.Garcia leaned back in his chair, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Nothing really."

"Are you sure?"

"I just-" I sunk back into the chair, "I broke the camera Mason gave to me."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I'm just upset. I know it's just an object or whatever but," I trailed off not finishing my sentence.

"Many objects hold a lot of meaning to people."

"I guess."

"It's okay to feel upset about the camera being broken."

❀✿Flashback❀✿

"What's in the box," I asked, not opening it.

"A bomb."

I rolled my eyes before opening the gift, "A camera?"

"You take too many pictures on your phone," he shrugged. "I figured an actual camera might be better."

A smile stretched across my lips, "Thank you."

"I remember you talking about wanting one and I don't know if it's the right one."

"No, it's good. Exact one I wanted."

He handed me a basketball pin from his pocket, "For the camera strap."

❀✿Flashback over❀✿

He was never good at buying gifts. I usually needed up with a gift card every birthday and holiday. I can count on one hand the number of actual gifts I received from him.

"Actually this was stupid," I stood up. "I'm just going to go."

"I thought we were past you leaving once you feel a tad bit vulnerable?"

I sat down.

"We are."

"Can I ask you a question?" He said, tapping his pencil against his notebook.

"Sure," I looked at him skeptically. 

"Have you talked to Camilla?"

"About what?"

"Why you were upset."

I waved him off, "I don't want her to feel worse about it."

"I just think-" I gave him a look and he sighed, "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want."

"Okay."

"Is there something else you want to talk about?"

I leaned forward, "Want to hear what this psycho at my job did?"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

In the mood for coffee, I turned my car into a familiar parking lot. Not paying much attention to anything else, I got out.

Rounding the corner I ran into someone and cringed, feeling their drink being spilled on both of us.

"Fuck me."

A grin went to my face as I heard who it was, "That was straight forward."

Cam looked up at me and smiled back, "After all this time and you still don't watch where you're walking."

"I think this time it was your fault."

She narrowed her eyes at my statement.

"It was my fault," I corrected myself.

"Yeah. I agree," she nodded, walking back into the cafe with me.

"Is it just me or are you getting deja vu too?" I asked as I saw the same cashier from the first time I saw Cam here working.

"Don't know what you're talking about," she answered sarcastically, walking over to the napkins.

She wiped her arms off sighing, "I gave to go. I need to change fast. I was heading to work."

I smiled, "Okay. Want me to bring you a new drink to work?"

"Can you also get me a donut?"

"What flavor?"

"Chocolate."

I nodded and she leaned in to kiss me, "Thanks, I love you."

"I love you too," I grinned as she walked out.

She paused before walking out, "Is that my shirt?"

I looked down, "Yeah."

"Thief."

"Hypocrite."

"Mhm see you in like half an hour."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You should bring me food more often."

"I'd be broke."

"But I'd be happy."

Rue looked over at us, "You brought donuts."

I nodded towards the front desk where the donuts that I picked for everyone sat.I figured Cam would want more than one and some other people there would want one. "Yeah, help yourself."

They smiled thanking me before taking one and walking away.

"Is Anika working today?"

Cam made sure there wasn't someone around us before talking again, "Anika broke up with Rue not too long ago and I haven't seen either of them here at the same shift since."

"I didn't know that," I nodded.

"Well, now you do."

"I have to go. I'll see you at home?"

I smiled at the sentence knowing it's our home now and not just mine.

"If I don't spend the night with my secret lover."

"Funny."

"What's funny?"

"Bye Camilla."

"Bye Theo."

"I hate you," I told her making sure I had my keys.

"I hate you too," she hummed.

I smiled over at her before I left, "Let me know if you're staying with me or your secret lover tonight?"

She flipped me off taking a bite of her donut.

What a sweetheart.

☀︎︎☾ * ੈ✩‧₊˚ꕥ˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚☽☀︎︎

✧★ ✧* ★ ★ ✧* ★ ✧

Chapter 42

8/17/22 2:47pm

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I rlly like making some characters just utterly insane like there's no real reason for what they do other than they felt like it

We dropped my brother off at college today so I'm sad now 🧍‍♀️

I start school soon and I'm hella nervous for some reason

Okay next book is def gonna be wlw cause I'm out of good wlw Wattpad books since I've read them all so imma be the change I want to see

Also I already made the aesthetic boards and started on the first chapter and I already can tell imma love them

I've been putting Vaseline on my lashes before mascara and I LOVE IT 🙏 makes it soooo easy to take off but I don't recommend doing this if you touch ur eyes throughout the day or go swimming or are sweating cause it'll smudge but other than that it's a big YES

It impossible not to have a hobby. You like reading? Hobby. You like making bracelets? Hobby. You like binge watching tv? Hobby.

Everyone has been so nice to me this week it's suspicious. Like random ppl in public have been complimenting me so much so I think they know something I don't. Probs gonna die

When I tell y'all imma miss this book I mean it sm like idk I'll probably end up typing this out as an actual book just for me at some point. Actually edit it and add more details and scenes💀

I love Never Have I Ever so much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
4.9K 419 35
"Highschool? Bullshit." ~The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Nobody likes highschool. It's four years of being judged, getting your heartbroken, feelin...
141 6 4
"Wanted to be bold." I blush while I avoid eye contact. "Devin needed to borrow clothes for gym." I stare at my bare legs. "I should've told her no."...
6.4K 532 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...