First Wife, First Love.

By Karnavi55

0. Summary. [Arranged Marriages Series 0.5] She is his first wife and soon she turns out to be his first love... More

0. Characters.
1. Arya Malhotra.
2. Vedant Mehra
3. Failed Marriages.
4. Old Friends.
5. Marriage Proposal.
6. First Meeting.
7. Save The Date.
8. So Much Shopping.
9. Happy Moments.
10. Engagement Day.
11. A Piece Of Past.
12. Mehandi & Sangeet.
13. Tied Forever.
14. Considerate Husband.
15. Silly Siblings.
16. Our Name.
17. Hold My Hand.
18. Balancing Relations.
19. A Little Closer.
20. One Kiss At A Time.
21. Good Habit.
22. Starting Somewhere.
23. Rakshabandhan Shock.
24. Insecurities.
25. Truth Unfold.
26. New Morning.
27. Shocking Applaud.
28. Living With Guilt.
30. Romantic Hubby.
31. Falling For You.
32. All Yours.
33. Extended Honeymoon.
34. Just A Thought.
35. Family Dinner.
36. Little Argument
37. Opening Up.
38. Patching Up.
39. Beautiful Family.
40. Epilogue.
41. Epilogue-2.
Author's Note.

29. BB & NN.

11.7K 685 19
By Karnavi55

Enjoy the Second update.

Thanks for the 1K Views. I hope they will keep coming.

***Arya's POV.***

After that day, Dadi got better and so did her relationship with Mayra. It was awkward at first for both of them, which still is, but they are getting better. Mom and Dadi talked in private for a while, which I think made this happen.

Even though everything between Mom and Mayra is not okay, at least she didn't hold any grudge and assured Dadi to accept Mayra as her granddaughter. Dadu was the happiest. Finally, some things are getting better. Finally, we are becoming a family.

"Did you pack everything, Aru?" Mom asks.

"Yes. But are you sure Mom we should leave? Dadi has just gotten better and if we both leave, who will look after you all?" I ask, still not convinced to leave them.

"Don't worry. We would be fine. And Mayra would be here." Mom says and realises what she did, then says, "I mean, we would be fine. It is just about a week. And you both have not gone on your honeymoon. It would be good for you both. You both should spend more time together to strengthen your relationship."

"If you say so." I say, a bit convinced, as now that I know ‌Mom would rely on Mayra if she needs anything.

We would leave for the airport at 11 at night. I packed our bags as I came to know that my husband loves last minute packing, which can sometimes become inconvenient. Mom tried to give us snacks but Vedant warned against it, as we don't want to carry much.

"Everything ready?" Vedant asks as he comes into the room.

"No thanks to you." I say teasingly.

"I am sorry if I hate packing." He says with a smile and I shake my head.

Mayra comes into our room just as Mom is leaving. They look at each other, then look away. They look more flustered than angry. Mayra shakes her head and comes towards Vedant and says, "Here."

"What's this?" Vedant asks.

"The list of things which Dadi and I want. Also here." Mayra says and gives a card.

"Now what's this?" Vedant asks.

"Ramya's address. When I told her you both are going to London, she insisted and by insisted I mean sending ten emails with loud capital when you are coming and you both have to meet her, especially her BB." She says.

"What's BB now?" Vedant asks.

"Beautiful Bhabhi." She says with a giggle, and Vedant chuckles.

"I would definitely meet her otherwise I won't hear the end, if I don't." He says and puts the card and the list in his wallet and asks, "Anything else?"

"Enjoy some romantic time but don't start dancing like in movies. And also take many pictures." She says.

"I have heard that somewhere. Yes, Mom just told me a few minutes ago. What is it with you and Mom and pictures?" Vedant says.

"I don't know. I have to go." She says and rushes out.

"Vedant!" I say.

"What? Now that everything is getting better, I will not let them behave like strangers. I know it will take some time, but we have to get used to each other. And talking openly helps. It helped me." He says and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I turn towards him and put my hands on his arms and say, "Yes, but for some people, it is different. We will go slow and let them adjust to all this so they won't feel overwhelmed and nor do you. I know you are saying you are fine, but I still see you struggling sometimes. But you are taking your time and moving forward, which is a good thing. They would too just give them the time they need. Okay?"

"Okay, my lady." Vedant says and kisses my cheek.

"My lady?" I ask with a giggle.

"Yes, my lady." He says and draws me closer to kiss but just then the door opens and we jump away from each other to different directions.

"Save some romance for your honeymoon." Mom says and pinches Vedant's arm.

Shaurya Bhai comes to drop us off and I say, "Please, Bhai, visit home and make sure they are okay and see if they need anything. Okay?"

"Okay, Aru. I will. Do you have any other demands?" Bhai asks.

"No." I say.

"Do you have any demands, Vedant?" Bhai asks teasingly.

"Actually, I do." Vedant says after a few seconds.

"What?" Shaurya Bhai asks.

"Could you accompany Mayra to an exhibition? I tried to dissuade her from going alone as the venue is in an area which is shady. But she said she would be fine, but I don't want to let her go alone. I am concerned about her." Vedant says.

Bhai thinks for a minute, then says, "Sure. I will go with her. Just text me the details so I could shift my work around it."

"Thanks, Bhai." Vedant says.

"No worry." Bhai says.

"See you Bhai." I say when it is time for us to board the plane.

"Take care. And keep your phone with you all the time." Shaurya Bhai says.

"Okay, Dad." I say with a nod, and he lightly pats my cheek.

After a firm handshake with Vedant, Bhai leaves and we go in. We would reach there at 3 in the morning according to the London time. Vedant has booked a first class for us and after an hour of flight we have our dinner. I really didn't want to eat, but then Vedant insisted that I should, as it was a long flight.

After we watched a movie together, I fell asleep on his shoulder without realising it. When I wake up, I see Vedant reading some documents.

"Are you not going to sleep?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"I took a nap and was going to wake you up in a few minutes, as we are going to land soon." He says with a sweet smile.

"Okay. Let me freshen up." I say go to the washroom to wash my face.

After I come out, I see Vedant has put away his work and puts his arm around me when I sit down. We land soon and come out. And as soon as we are out, Vedant is hugged by a girl with lustrous brown hairs and a broad grin.

"It is so nice to see you again, and I got your gift, too. That was so sweet of you." She says, and I stand there in confusion.

"What are you doing here at this time of the night?" Vedant asks, still in shock.

"Don't worry, I learned some moves from my sister the last time I talked to her. And I am a tough girl." She says.

"Vedant, do you know her?" I ask as I tug his sleeve to get his attention.

"Know her? He loves me. But who are you? Let me guess." The girl says while I look at Vedant in shock while he is still reeling from his shock to see her. "You are my BB."

"BB?" I ask. Then I remember Mayra saying that to me that means she is..., "Are you Ramya?"

"Yes. I am. That is so sweet you recognised me so soon. I love you." Ramya says and hugs me tightly.

"Ramya, this is no joking matter. You should not have come to receive us at this time of the night." Vedant says, genuinely concerned about her.

"Aww! My sweet brother really worries about me. I am sorry. But what can I do? I couldn't help myself. You know when I am curious, I can't sit still. I have to quench my curiosity's thirst. Sorry." Ramya says with a cute pout and holds her ears with her fingers.

"Fine. But you are coming with us. We will drop you tomorrow at your apartment." He says.

"Okay. And about dropping me, leave it. I want to spend some time with my BB and know more about her." Ramya says and hugs me again, and I hold her with a smile.

"But only for tomorrow. I am here for my honeymoon, not to entertain you." He says and pats her head.

"Come, I brought my car." Ramya says and throws her keys at her brother.

She asks me a million questions about Dadi's health and everyone else. I answer to her patiently. Ramya is a year and a half older than me, but her nature seems younger than me. Maybe because she doesn't take things too seriously and smiles widely. She is a ‌bubbly girl, but what I love most about her is her sneaky way of caring.

"Don't get jealous, Bhai. I will not steal her from you." She says with a wink.

"I am not jealous." Vedant says as we enter our room.

"Really? You mean to say you aren't thinking about sending me away to have some romantic moment with your wife?" Ramya asks with a dreamy look and I blush.

"Stop it, Ramya. You need to sleep. Not getting enough sleep makes you go weird. Go. Arya, you and Ramya take the bed. I will sleep on the couch." Vedant says.

"But I am not feeling sleepy at all." I say and Vedant sighs as if by saying that I opened a door which I shouldn't have.

"Great. That means BB and NN would talk all night long." Ramya says with a cheerful smile.

"Now who is NN?" Vedant asks.

"Me, silly. Nice Nanad." She says, cupping her chubby cheeks in her hands in a cute way, and I chuckle.

"More like naughty Nanad." Vedant says and pinches her nose.

"You take the bed and get your sleep. I had enough of it on the plane, but you didn't." I say and he nods.

"Fine." He says and goes to bend.

"Oh, I have to cover my eyes." Ramya says.

"We are not kissing." Vedant says.

"Still, I have my eyes covered." Ramya says, and I shake my head.

Vedant takes his bag from beside me and turns to go and stops. He bends down and kisses my cheek. With a smile, he goes into the bedroom.

"Aww! I should add another B to BB." Ramya says with a big grin.

"And what would that mean?" I ask, even though I know the answer.

"Blushing Beautiful Bhabhi." She says and giggles while I shake my head at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 102K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...
4.7M 239K 150
❀️ Completed ❀️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
412K 13.9K 24
This is a very ordinary story of two very ordinary individuals who follow the Indian tradition of getting into an arranged marriage. Everyone has the...
619K 40.5K 52
[Arranged Marriage Series-1] She is second wife; can she be his first love? Besides having great friends, Mayra has a wonderful family as well. Mayra...