New Life (Slow Updates)

By DawnOfOtter

"TONY! Is my cloak on you again!" Strange yelled from the hall. Tony did a double check on his shoulders. "NO... More

Soulmates
Tattoos
Prologue......
Chapter 1, Hectic
Chapter 2, Stress
Chapter 3, Confrontation
Chapter 4, Lost and Found
Chapter 5, Identitys
Chapter 6, Something Normal
Chapter 7, Somewhat Normal? (not)
Chapter 8, Well..... that happened
Chapter 9, Surprise
Chapter 10, Nerves
Chapter 11, Oop
Chapter 12, Complete
Chapter 13, Help
Chapter 14, Girls Day
Chapter 16, Skip
Chapter 17, Vents
Chapter 18, Vacation
Chapter 19, Beach
Chapter 20, Explanation
Chapter 21, LOKI
Chapter 22, Gone
Chapter 23, First Word(s)
Chapter 24, Inbetween

Chapter 15, Powers

2.1K 57 3
By DawnOfOtter

*The twins are a month and 3 days old (they were born one on December 31 the other on January 1st*

*Eclipse's bday is also on December 31*

*Eclipse has been with her soulmates for almost 2 weeks now*

*Recap*

When we arrived for the floor to my room Wanda sent the all the bags into my room. Even the two that Natasha hadn't let me see. The elevator doors closed and we went up one more floor. When the elevator doors opened again, we were directly in the training area and I instantly saw that all the guys, except for Nick and Bruce, had no shirts on.

It only took mere seconds for the guys to notice us, and I could feel myself blushing as they all looked over. There was a chorus of 'hi's and 'welcome backs' as I walked towards the group.

"Perfect timing Eclipse. I was hoping I could assess your physical capabilities and powers if possible?" Nick said, gesturing me over.

"I- uh, yeah I guess? Wanda, Natasha could you hold the twins?" 

"Of course, you don't even need to ask."

"For sure, I call dibs on Nova. Also was it really necessary for you guys to be half naked while you were being assessed?" Natasha asked, glaring at the guys.

"Actually I did need them to not have their shirts on. I had equipment on them to measure different things and shirts would've just gotten in the way." Bruce spoke up.

It didn't take long for me to unstrap the twins, hand them off, and head over to where Nick was. "Um, what do you want me to start with first?"

"Bubbles."

He wanted me to do bubbles? I knew that he knew about them but he hadn't asked me to use my powers before. That must've been under my moms orders. "On what?"

"First Thor, and then if you can add others do Rogers and Barnes."

My eyes widened. He wanted me to use people? Yes, I know. I had used bubbles multiple times with the twins, but they were a lot smaller and their total weight was 15 pounds at max.

I looked around at Thor, Steve, and Bucky seeing their confused faces, before looking back at Nick. "You want me too use people?" I had to double check.

"Yes."

Okay. Well. Here we go.

The first thing I did was make a bubble, a small purple bubble to be exact. Once I got that done I enlarged it, making it the size of Thor. With a small flick of my finger I sent the bubble towards Thor and it engulfed him. Another twist of my wrist and he was halfway up to the ceiling.

I could hear gasps from around the room but I quickly blocked them out. Second bubble. Enlarge it. Send it to Steve. Steve goes up. I was beginning to struggle with holding them up.

There was so much that went into this one trick and I never practiced it like this. I had to make sure to keep the bubbles the same size and strength so they could hold the people and I also had to make sure that I didn't drop them.

I shifted my feet slightly, giving myself a firm stance as I concentrated on making a third bubble and sending it to Bucky. Once they were all in the air I used my hands to cover my ears, this was to block out some of the sound.

I lined them up in a row and slowly joined their bubbles. Now they were in one large oval. Remembering what the twins had done before I slowly flattened out the bubble to make it into a large rectangle.

But then my concentration broke. One of the twins coughed and I lost control of the bubble. The bubble completely vanished and I watched in horror, as if it was in slow mo, as they began to fall. But, almost as soon as my bubble broke, a red light encased them and they were slowly lowered to the ground.

I quickly ran over to them. "Are you okay? I sorry! I didn't mean to drop you! I- I haven't practiced this an- and I thought-."

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down Eclipse. You're shaking." Steve said, grabbing onto my arms. I was shaking. I was terrified that they were going to yell at me for doing something so stupid. Mom had told me not to use my powers for a reason and I had almost gotten my soulmates hurt again because of it.

When Thor pulled me into a hug, I broke. I cried, repeating 'I'm sorry', as I tried to calm down myself. I could hear people yelling in the background but my mind was so unfocused that even with my sensitive hearing I couldn't understand what they were saying.

"Lady Eclipse, it's okay. You did not hurt any of us. Would you like to leave this place?" As he said that I realized how stupid I must look to Nick. 

Well. At least I knew I could hold up one person with no problem. In a matter of seconds, I squirmed out of Thors' arms and sent a bubble towards Nick, trapping him. This bubble was cloudy and soundproof, so he couldn't see or hear us.

There were a couple looks of confusion so I answered their unspoken question. "I'm mad at him right now."

There were a few chuckles around the room, and I noticed that Wanda and Natasha, along with the twins, were gone. "The twins are okay right?"

"The twins are fine, they were just slightly unsettled after everything happened so Wanda and Nat thought it best to take them out of here." Peter answered. I gently dabbed the tears from my eyes and saw that Peter was rocking on the balls of his feet.

A small laugh escaped my lips. "What is it Peter?"

"Um- well-" He took a deep breath. "Yourpowersaresocool! Can you show me more? I didn't get to see it before, but I thought they were bad. Like you put THREE avengers into a bubble andrightnow Fury is in a bubble-"

"Peter." Tony warned, cutting him off.

"It's alright. He's just excited. I know this is random but um- could you guys go shower? You all stink an- and I need to speak with Nick alone." I could see their hesitation, but when I gave them each a pointed look they all mumbled their agreement, saying goodbye on the way out.

Once they were all gone I let Nick out of the bubble.

"Now what the hell was that for?! I didn't come here to be put in some cloudy ass bubble because of your temper." I watched him calmly as he ranted. "I didn't say that you had to do all of them. That's on yo-

"Don't you dare." I said, glaring at him. "You knew I would do it because I have always done my best to do the most for you whenever you visited. You set a limit that you knew I couldn't do without practicing first, but you didn't tell me. You just let me assume that I could do something that strenuous after having never done it before. Now. You can either leave or you can stay and talk with me about the TVA while I fight and defeat your ass."

{I (the author) am totally not sus at all}

It was when I got out of the shower that I realized why I was so emotional recently. "Great. Just what I needed. My period." I said to myself belatedly. A quick search of the bathroom led to the discovery of tampons under the sink. After several frustrated huffs and one redo I finally got things situated and then got dressed.

When I walked out of the bathroom and into my bedroom I marveled at the silence. The only times I had experienced this since mom died was when I slept, and sometimes not even then. I flopped down onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

The conversation with Nick had been intriguing. I learned more about him in that hour than I have my entire life. He clearly knew more than I did about the TVA, and he wasn't going to tell me yet. I didn't want to push him to much, but I needed to get more answers. At the end of our conversation he told me to call him Fury from now on. He accidently let his mind wall slip and I saw that he wanted me to call him Fury mainly because he didn't like me calling him Nick in front of the Avengers and because he thought I was old enough to address him 'correctly', or something like that.

I didn't mind too much, I had never really liked the name Nick anyways. It sounded to fun and bouncy, which is completely the opposite of Fury.

"Hey Friday?"

"Yes."

"Where are the twins at?"

"They are currently sleeping, Peter and Clint are holding them. Wanda and Natasha are cooking in the kitchen."

"Thanks."

Hm, I wonder how Friday knew that I was going to ask about Wanda and Natasha next. Wanda and Natasha. That's right! We went shopping! 

A quick glance showed that the bags were over by the window, even the ones that Natasha wouldn't show me. Now I was very curious. But, I needed to be patient.

So I started clearing out the bags of clothes that I had chosen out. Pants, shirts, pajamas, underwear, bras, dresses, shorts, sweaters, coats, shoes, and jackets, all went into my drawers and closet.

The closet was the size of a small room and what had looked like a lot of clothes beforehand, only filled a small section of the storage area. Finally there were only three bags left. One very large one, a medium sized one, and one the size of a small purse. The small one looked suspicious so I went towards the large one first.

I know I should have waited until Natasha allowed me, but I was too curious to not open them up. There wasn't any label on the outside of the bag, which I knew was an intentional choice on Natasha's part.

Inside the bag was more clothes, which I expected. What I didn't expect, was for all of the clothes to be baby clothes. The amount of clothes was astronomical, I knew Natasha intentionally bought the twins as much clothes as she could carry.

Hilariously enough, Natasha also got the twins Avengers merch, all in sets of two. Wow. She spent way to much money. As I continued looking through the baby clothes, I took them out and sorted them into piles to stick in the drawers.

When I was done I was left with a giant bag that I could fit in. It only took me a moment to decide that I was going to open the medium sized bag. But the second I looked in I instantly closed it up. I could feel my face burning and right about now I wished I could yell at Natasha. 

As that couldn't be the case, I grabbed the medium sized bag and went off in search of Natasha.

I found her as she was leaving the lounge.

"YOU BOUGHT ME FRICKEN LINGERIE!!! WHAT THE HECK!!" I yelled, shoving the bag into her arms. "You take it, I'm not touching that stuff."

Natasha took the bag but didn't say anything. She was very obviously trying not to smile but I wasn't sure why.

"What is it. Do you find it amusing that I freaked out?"

"Not really. But I do find this quite amusing!" She said, grinning widely, pointing behind her.

I looked behind her into the lounge and saw many heads quickly turn, to hid their smile. Natasha burst out laughing as my face turned red. I could also hear a couple poorly concealed laughs coming from the lounge.

I did find this situation kind of funny but I was to embarrassed to smile.

"Oh yeah, did you end up looking in the tiny bag?" Natasha asked.

I shook my head, "No, only the big one."

"Good." Natasha said dashing towards the elevator.

I looked at her as the doors closed, quite befuddled as to what she was up to. I walked into the lounge to find all of my soulmates still trying to conceal smiles.

I gave each of them a pointed glare as I spoke, "If any of you wants to say something on what just happened then you can meet me in training room. It's entirely up to you."

Thankfully they dropped it.

Okay. I did it. I actually have an idea already for the next chapter so I'm going to start working on that rn! Let me know what you think of this chapter!! Yes, I will be dropping pieces of what Fury and Eclipse talked about. Jeez 10k + reads is crazy!! Love you all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 2.1K 29
Avengers Soulmate AU EVANGELINA PETROVA HAVEN KNIGHT Born in the year 2000 and found on the streets as a newborn by agent Fury and agent Hill. Nick...
479 12 7
Y/N Y/LN has been part of the Avengers since the start, she's battled against Loki, Ultron and Hydra. Now the team is her family and everybody loves...
336K 9.2K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
46.6K 1.5K 26
18+ Warning. Mature scenes and Language. Sneak Peek- "You okay, baby girl?" He asked lowly. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I nodded slowly...