All Lust and War ✓

By venusorionv

~~~~~~~~~~ Amelia Bartley, the perfect student, math prodigy and everyone's wanna-bee. Her life was simple y... More

Author's note
Character aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one

Epilogue

329 7 2
By venusorionv

Seven years later

"Mommy, Daddy, wake up!" The light voice echoed in the room as I frowned at the sound. I moved gently on the bed before I felt a small human jump right on my groin.

"Eleonor!" I half-yelled as I grabbed her small body in my hands and sat up carefully. I looked at her beautiful face. Her green irises looked up at me before I noticed the small trails of tears on her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" My wife's hand touched my bicep before I turned my head towards her.

"I had a nig... nighe...night-" a smile tugged my lips as I averted my eyes onto my daughter.

"Nightmare?" She nodded before resting her head on my stomach. The warmth this action gave me was enough to melt my heart.

"What happed, El?" Amelia asked as Eleonor's tiny hand gripped my forearm. She was so tiny in my hands that even though she was now four years old, she looked like a doll in my hold. My love touched her hand before El stood up on my lap as she climbed over to her mother's side and curled up against her chest. I watched her movements and grinned like a child that just received a puppy.

My life took a drastic turn after I met Amelia. I never intended to marry or let alone have a family. Now, I'm happily married to the love of my life, since our small wedding five years ago. And a few months later, Amelia surprised me with a pregnancy test on my bedside table.

I woke up that morning with my wife nowhere to be found and you can just imagine how surprised I was to find out I was going to become a father. But I don't think anyone was more surprised than my mother.

She actually called Amelia's mother to thank her for bringing my wife to life. I was so confused just like Mel was and barely moved as my mother talked to my mother-in-law. She was so happy that I'd have kids and finally settle with my dream woman that she helped Amelia as much as she could. In a way, I thought this was manic and actually crazy of my mother, but Amelia liked my mother and was really thankful for the help.

After graduating seven years ago, Mel and I spent the summer travelling around Europe which was part of her Christmas present earlier that year. After getting back, she began working at the New York firm of my company alongside her brother and after she began working, so did I. I chose to have only a few master's classes at the university and started focusing on the Matrix. It was one of the best decisions I've made because I could spend almost every moment with my girl.

Luke was really supportive of our relationship and a year after the charity event, he introduced us to his girlfriend Blaire. And just two years ago, they got married. She was exactly what Luke needed. Blaire had similar interests, worked as a lead economist and liked very similar things Luke did. Safe to say, I was very happy for him.

We still lived in my penthouse in New York but bought a small estate further away from the city which we go to during holidays and whenever the city became too much to bear.

"There were monsters and this ghost that scared me when I turned around," I laid back on the bed, wrapping my arm around my wife, pulling her closer. I planted a kiss on her forehead, earning me one of her beautiful smiles that I go out of my way to see every moment of the day.

Eleonor placed her small palm on my chest and I poked her nose, making her smile as she closed her eyes.

She was the spitting image of Amelia. At least I thought because, in my wife's eyes, our daughter looked almost exactly like me. Eleonor's eyes were just as green and big like Amelia's while her nose looked similar to mine. Her hair was quite short and was lighter brown just like my wife's. Her personality is a code neither of us has cracked. She's very clingy, active, quite stubborn and very enthusiastic about every minor detail.

Almost every day, Mel puts her hair in two small pigtails that make me smile so much, that my cheekbones hurt. She was the cutest human alive.

We weren't exactly trying for a baby after our wedding but we did ditch the condoms and since she wasn't on the pill, we had a good chance for it to happen. But as much as I was nervous about this huge step in life, I haven't been happier.

I stared at my love's face as she drifted back to sleep while gently caressing Eleonor's head. This was the best part of my day.

Every morning I got to wake up next to my beautiful wife and my daughter who occasionally or actually quite often now, barges into our room and climbs on our bed to wake us up. It wasn't even eight in the morning.

I placed a kiss on my daughter's forehead before placing a kiss on Amelia's lips. She smiled before opening her eyes and placing her hand on the side of my face.

"I love you, princess," she placed another kiss on my lips.

"I love you, baby." I kissed her once more before laying back down and closing my eyes. I was about to drift into a slumber before Amelia's phone started to ring. She sighed and turned around towards the other side of the bed before answering the call. "Luke?"

El looked up at me, meeting my eyes, and smiled. I smiled back at her before I tickled her side with my hand, making her squeal. I sat up slightly before I pulled her onto my lap and tickled her with both of my hands.

"Daddy! No!" She laughed as she squirmed in my hands. I stopped torturing her with the tickle monster and placed a kiss on the back of her head. She tilted her head back, hitting my chest and looked up at me. Her hand poked my nose, making me smile. "Tickle Monster," I chuckled before placing a kiss on her little nose.

"Wait, hold on," I looked over at Amelia who was now sitting on the edge of the bed, her black, satin PJs no longer covered. "Breathe, Luke." I began to worry.

"What's wrong with mommy, dad?" I looked back at my daughter.

"Something about uncle Luke." She frowned.

"Uncle Luke?" I nodded.

"Oh, god!" Amelia said, surprised. "No way!" I looked at her, waiting for any sign of explanation. "Okay, I can't wait to see you." A pause while Luke spoke on the other end. "Sure, I'm sure I can ask Luciana can look after her, she texted me yesterday about it," my mother was the best with Eleonor. And although she won't get to meet either of her grandfathers, she has two women that loved her so much that it was enough to compensate. Amelia's mom was going to pay a longer visit next week so El will be able to bond with her other grandmother. "Okay, tell Blaire I love her," my wife laughed and then said her goodbyes before hanging up.

"So?" She set her phone down on the table and turned around towards me.

"Blaire and Luke are having a baby!" I smiled while she dropped onto the bed with the biggest grin on her face. After a year of trying and unfortunately failing, they finally had their chance.

"You heard that," I said to El, "you're going to be an aunty." She smiled up at me, just proving how much power she had over me. Just that bright smile would be enough to let her have anything.

"And," I looked back at Amelia who sat back up and took something out of the bedside drawer, "I took this yesterday," I frowned before she turned back around and handed me a white stick. Something in my stomach twisted. She smiled at me as I looked at her, still not glancing down.

"What is that?" Eleonor took the test in her hand and examined it.

"You're serious?" She nodded before moving over to me. I released an amused breath before I pulled her on my lap and kissed her with every ounce of love I had for her. Her hands threaded in my hair just like they did almost every day. I held her as close to me as I could as I looked at her and smiled. "We're having another one?" She nodded before we both felt a small hand trying to pull us apart. We looked down to the side, noticing El trying to break us apart. I smiled and released Amelia just so my daughter could fit between us.

"I don't want to be left out," she pouted, making me smile.

"You're going to be a big sister," Amelia looked down at our daughter - our daughter, this actually felt surreal - and caressed her head. Eleanor's face lit up before she clapped her hands together.

I looked up at my wife, seeing that gleam in her eyes that made me happy. She was happy. Meaning, I was over the damn Moon.

I guess dreams actually do come true.

The end

-------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 81.1K 42
{Highest Rank In Romance: #20- 18 April 2017} "Th-this isn't allowed..." I mutter at the ground, blushing insanely, and not daring to meet his eyes. ...
2M 81.9K 39
After kissing an irresistible stranger, a young professor discovers her mystery crush is one of her new students. MIA is an emotionally unavailable w...
84.7K 1.3K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
1M 25.1K 61
In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled away quickly, but both of his hands went...